Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,123 members, 7,867,249 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 12:48 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (206) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518408 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by SirKay3(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Muk,

I pray we win. Glad to hear that the boys are playing excellently well. The goals should come now. We must win by 3nil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
Hleb is in another world.
Making sharp incisive passes and making decoy moves to distract Inter defenders.
Eboue, at this stage, is clearly the man of the match.

Ugly-boy Sagna just poked a good shot at Cesar again.
Cesar is clearly denying Arsenal the goals they deserve today.
I think Gallas has just copped an injury. Wenger looks worried.
Arsene seems to be crying . . . .His make-shift captain just hit the deck.

Eboue has won anutha free-kick again and got Walter Samuel booked.
RVP is poised to unleash . . . . . . . . . . Ohhhhhh he missed by inches. UNLUCKY.
Solari and Baruwah are making things happen for Inter but in bitz.
Arsenal now have 8 attempts with 4 shots on target while Inter has 1 attempt with no shot on target.
It's time Arsenal now scores to justify their excellent play. Its 1 min to end the 1st half.
Robin n Hleb, where ya guns@? No goals in the 1st half . . . . . . . . .

HALF TIME SCORES: Arsenal 0-0 Inter Milan.

P.S. Arsenal must score goals to win the Emirates cup.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:10pm On Jul 29, 2007
Sir Kay
we shall win wink

@ Jackal
nice nice wink how much shall we pay? tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:19pm On Jul 29, 2007
na beautiful football we go chop tongue

una go loose today grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 5:21pm On Jul 29, 2007
Can someone explain to me on what basis they give points, Jackal or anyone Scores still 0-0?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:24pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

Whatz your rhymes about?
Who is this beautiful girl you're yappin about?
I don't want to burst your bubble so i wont spit on that thread.

ERM, ERM. . . . . . . . .
2nd half is about kicking off.
Some big boys have joined the fun
Adriano and Figo have just been brought in to replace some tired legs.
Van Persie is brimmin with confidence. Dribbling, turning and sublime passes.
Ohhhhhhhhh My Daysssssssssss. . . . . . . . . . .Van Persie was brought down in the box in what looks like a penalty.
The referee is having none of it.
What an audacious flick by Fabregas. . . . . .Robin was clear with 1 on 1 situation with the keeper and was pulled down.
Arsene Wenger is livid and is complaining to the 4th official in the technical area.

@ Dinozzo,

Points are awarded on wins and goals. a goal is 1 extra point.
A 3-0 win means 6 points(3 points for winning plus 1 point per goal scored)
If things stay the same way 0-0, Arsenal will finish with 6 points while PSG will win by 7 points(they have 3 points and 4 goals(4points)=7 points!!!!!!!
In other words, Arsenal must score !!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:31pm On Jul 29, 2007
just having fun

meanwhile arsenal will lose today
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:35pm On Jul 29, 2007
somze:

just having fun

meanwhile arsenal will loose today

Arsenal will LOOSE or lose?
Don't let Loyika and Dr Kit see your comments.
You will be in a helluva soup if they sniff this. grin

I dont really see Arsenal losing here but i can't see Inter conceding as well.
It seems they just wanna have fun in front of goal and deny Arsenal a goal by all possible means.
Their midfield and attack is non-existent but the defence and their goalkeeper(Toldo just came on) is pure class.
Its like they are taunting Arsenal with COME AND SCORE US IF U CAN.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
INTER HAS SCORED
What a HEADER?
This is the best header i have seen in years.
DAVID SUAZO makes Gallas looked like a wimp and beat Lehmann hands down.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 5:39pm On Jul 29, 2007
u may want to modify wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:43pm On Jul 29, 2007
ARSENAL 0-1 INTER MILAN.

David Suazo has done the damage.
What a shame to the gonners.
The fans are getting impatient and Arsenal must pile the pressure and score.

Eboue just missed another sitter in the box.
Van Persie set him up well but the plonker missed.
Will this be another defeat for an English giant.
Lets see what pans out.
This is excatly what i wanted . . . . . .Testing the character of these young gun-slingers.
Its like the same old story for the gunners  . . . . .Plenty of chance, no goals.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
ARSENAL SCORES.

ALEXANDER HLEB has rescued the gunners.
TOLDO  . . . . . .What a save but Hleb slammed the rebound in with a fashion.
ARSENAL 1-1 INTER MILAN. 67 MINS GONE.
The game is now slamming with PACE.
Arsenal now has 7 points but with an inferior goal difference to PSG.
The gunners must score another goal to guarantee VICTORY.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 5:50pm On Jul 29, 2007
GUNNERS grin grin grin grin, yeah!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 5:55pm On Jul 29, 2007
I think Inter saved their ENERGY for the 2nd half.
The almost non-existent MIDFIELD and ATTACK suddenly comes into life.
ARSENAL are piling the pressure but TOLDO is standing tall with terrific saves and blocks.

Fabregas and RVP are really making things HOT for the gunners.
Adriano is taking matters into his own hands by trying to dribble all the Arsenal players like Maradona did.
What is going on here? 75 mins gone and Arsenal is relentless.
I have sneaky feeling there's another goal in this knife-edge balance.

RVP just missed again from 6 yards.
TOLDO must be the best goalkeeper in the world.
The Inter defence has been opened and re-opened like a SURGICAL WOUND.
David Suazo for Inter is another good player on the pitch. He might give Wenger some ideas of reducing Gallas' wages.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 6:00pm On Jul 29, 2007
@Jackal
You are doing a very good job with the commentary! Jus as if am watching the match live cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:03pm On Jul 29, 2007
10 mins to go . . . . . .
Wenger throws anutha dice by bringing Bendtner for a very impressive Kieran Gibbs.
Alexander Hleb has been a revelation today. Never knew he was this good.
Inter are struggling to cope with the pace and trickery of HLEB.

Arsenal should stop this sexy football.
Too many touches when a well-directed shot is the option.
They will not go very far with this tip-tap way of trying to walk the ball into the net.
Hleb and Fabregas have been guilty of this schitzo.

Wenger throws the last dice . . . . . .
Denilson is coming in for Fabregas(not a nice tactical change for me)
These young boys are giving Inter a work-out. Even new-comer Sagna has played very well.

GOALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL
RVP has scored the GOAL OF THE SEASON.
He dragged  the ball to the right in a very unorthodox fashion and slammed the ball into the roof of the net.
Henry will green with envy.

ARSENAL 2-1 INTER MILAN.
FIGO and his goons in the midfield just cant be bothered.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:07pm On Jul 29, 2007
ROBIN VAN PERSIE has crowned today's match with a belter.
What a finish . . . . . . . . .What a goal?
How he decided to do that in the closing minutes begs belief.
Reminds me of Kanu in 'em days.

What a composure?
I think the young gun-slingers have now matured fully.
If ADEBAYOR and EDUARDO can be as half-intelligent as RVP, then Arsenal are genuine title contenders.
I am impressed!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 minutes to go and ARSENAL leads 2-1.
Arsenal is now on 10 points and they deserve to win the EMIRATES CUP.
CHELSEA, NEWCASTLE, LIVERPOOL, ARE You WATCHING??
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 6:08pm On Jul 29, 2007
fantastic!!!!!!, why didn't I watch this one sad
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:09pm On Jul 29, 2007
ARSENAL WINS THE EMIRATES CUP.
Fantastic goal scored by ROBIN VAN PERSIE.
It should be the GOAL OF THE TOURNAMENT.
I'm not too sure a player like DROGBA would have scored it given the circumstances.
Time running out, pressure building up and he crafted a goal in that manner . . . . . .This lad is brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Van Persie's individual brilliance WON it for the GUNNERS.
This is the best piece of attacking football i have seen @ Emirates stadium.
Robin Van Persie should be handed the cup and the others can Bleep off where they belong to.
Another HENRY has just been born in this Dutch striker.

The presentations have started.
Sagna looks like a RAM with his hair-style. He fitted well into the team and supplied a sublime pass to Hleb which led to Hleb's goal.
Gallas as the captain has been handed the cup.
I feel for KOLO TOURE.
EBOUE is feeling like a RASTAFARIAN here. He printed I BELIEVE IN JAH on his vest. Whats that about?
ADEBAYOR'S jeans looks fake . . . . . . . Loyika should take him to HARRODS and get him a designer jeans. grin

The match has been played and won by VAN PERSIE.
On this note, i am leaving the commentary box from the Emirates Stadium for Nairaland Media.
Goodnight everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:18pm On Jul 29, 2007
Drogbaaaaaaa

Are you too soon to forget Barca, Liverpool, Everton, and a host of others all of them superb goals
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:25pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

Go back to your TV and watch this lad again or check on YOUTUBE.
To have done what he did in that circumstance requires loads of gutz and composure.
It is the kind of thing players do and get stabbed/shot by die-hard fans if he had goofed it.
Remember what Kanu did against Brazil at ATLANTA 96? The equaliser? It's almost SIMILAR.
He could have passed to his teammates but he took the Milan defender on and just dragged his feet with the left leg and hammered with the right leg into the roof of the net.

Drogba has no such class.
Didier is about sheer POWER, GRIT and DRIVE to beat goalkeepers. Drogba in Van Persie's shoes today would blast the ball straight and wld deflect to corner or TOLDO saving it.
Anutha player that could have done this is Dimitar Berbatov or Wayne Rooney. SAHA will miss it like an idiot that he is.
These kind of players play more with their brains than legs.

Anyways, AMSTERDAM tournament starts on Thursday.
Arsenal faces LAZIO and lets see how that turns out to be.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:30pm On Jul 29, 2007
God i love my team kiss
Beautiful soccer no one can compete kiss

i love van Persie's goal shocked fantastic kiss only he can do that kiss

i love the passes that led to Hleb's goal kiss

we are just wonderful

one word
I am elateddddddddddddddddddddd kiss kiss

i will love you guys for lifeeeeeeeee kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:33pm On Jul 29, 2007
Drogba is still better, ask AC Milan, Real and see who they'll pick.

Well Arsenal has won, annoying,

I dont know how these youngsters do it and they actually play well? angry

Anyway they will be too inexperienced to keep up wining ways through out a season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 6:37pm On Jul 29, 2007
A warning sign to other rivals, thats the way a team should play. . . Arsenal have given me something to go to work with a smile on my face tomorrow. Its RVP's season this yr, that goal was class. I think Man U and Chelsea will watch the recovery from and thrashing of the Italian champions with a smug look on their faces. . . but the truth remains that the season has not yet started and Arsenal are already picking up silverware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:39pm On Jul 29, 2007
bad belle tongue
who said you guys should lose to rangers grin e pain you so tongue

we have the correct finishing

Eboue and hleb were both just fantastic kiss kiss

Gallas was captain o .  Is le Prof thinking of making him the assistant? undecided

its RVP's season indeed cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:45pm On Jul 29, 2007
keep dreaming ya'll

ManU are current Champs and we're taking it back to where it belongs

whitelexi
where u dey since?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 6:49pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

Milan and Real will buy Van Persie ahead of Drogba.
Why? He still has many years ahead in his career. Drogba at the very max has about 2-4 years left to play football.
Robin Van Persie today will make your day as a football fan.
I watched this match as a football fan not like a MAN UTD fan and i must confess the young gun-slingers turned the HEAT on.
Besides Van Persie's brilliance, i think the pace of the English football also worked to their advantage.

Inter was slow building up while Arsenal plays fast and sharp passes.
The Milan boys couldn't cope and the way Arsenal turns defence into attack was breath-taking.
It was a good win but it doesnt mean they will WIN the title. It only shows they are promising and can contend with the BIG 2 if they stay FIT.
Can they be THIS consistent throughout the season? HELL NO.
This brand of football wont win games all the time. Sometimes a team needs to win UGLY and ARSENAL, unfortunately, don't win UGLY.
Thats the difference between Mourinho's men and Arsenal.
Strength in depth is another factor that might dent Wenger's hopes although he confessed he might add 2 more players to his squad this summer.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 6:51pm On Jul 29, 2007
Somze the only person dreaming is you grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 6:58pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal
You can neva take the style of play away from an Arsene Wenger's side but ask him and Rizkaard, JM does not let you do that when you play with him.
Even your Ronaldo and Giggs goes missing with Chelsea but you do get to see Drogba.
Wonder why?

Mukina
Back to Back, achieve that and get back at me. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 7:08pm On Jul 29, 2007
@somze
did u watch arsenal's home and away matches with chelsea last season?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:10pm On Jul 29, 2007
Yes, why?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:15pm On Jul 29, 2007
I have never seen Drogba in any Man Utd V Chelsea game save the FA cup final.
When the 2 giants met at OT in November last year, Vidic and Rio kept Drogba in their pockets and i cannot remember Drogba kicking any ball in the entire 90 minutes.
The whole of 2 seasons ago was the same thing as well so save it.
Matches between the 2 teams are always tight as both managers exercise caution and it kills the game.
Ronaldo/Giggs punished Chelsea in the famous 1-0 win at OT in Nov 2005. Check ur stats again

Drogba was quiet for 117 minutes in the Cup final until Vidic decided to let Ferdinand man-mark Drogba.
In the whole 90 minutes, i didnt see Drogba win any ball off Vidic and that shows he is not all that.
Why Chelsea fans all over now see their messiah in Drogba begs belief.
20 goals in 36 games in the league is not something to be really proud about. it's just slightly above 50% goal ratio.
33 goals all season is not too impressive as well when u consider the likes of RUUD bursting the 40 goal mark.
Pls remember Drogba has been a waste for 2 seasons but had a brilliant season in the 3rd. The feat might have been a FLASH in the PAN just like SISQUO's music career. grin 3 good songs in an album and ZILCH.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:22pm On Jul 29, 2007
Somze 49 matches unbeaten grin

UCL finals grin

get back to me grin

FA CUp is our middle name grin

need i say more grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:25pm On Jul 29, 2007
jackal
I was talking about JM, what match are u quoting in november 2005. Since JM you have beat us only once and even then we purnished you thesame season by hittin you guys 3 unanswered goals and wining the back to back.

Please except for Henry and Ruud who does 33 a season including 2 hatricks. Ronaldo wont have scored does much goals without penalties, thesame with Ruud. So be sincere please when you say this things. Nevertheless I like Ruud and he is proven. Can anyone in the premiership or ManU contest with Drogba now.

Please be objective.

(1) (2) (3) ... (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.