Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,081 members, 7,867,101 topics. Date: Friday, 21 June 2024 at 10:46 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (207) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518401 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:26pm On Jul 29, 2007
mukina

3 years undefeated at home (EPL), Record of clean sheets.

Hola
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:35pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ MUKINA2,

There's a 10,000 pounds question on a TV quiz show.
I need your erm, erm, help on this one.
Which club among the BIG 4 in England has never featured in the UEFA Champions league final?
Please gimme the answer ASAP as line closes by 8pm tonight.
I WANNA win the prize so help me out. cool

@ Somze,
I think a FIT Louis Saha will contest with Drogba but u can never have him FIT.
They were neck to neck in the 1st few months of the season and in the UEFA scorer's chart until SAHA faded out to injuries.
He has banged 20 goals in the league before in his 1st season at Man Utd
Dimitar Berbatov, McCarthy and maybe a FIT Michael Owen can take it away from Drogba.

Ronaldo is not a striker. Cristiano is a winger and should be commended for scoring that many in one season.
How many goals did Robben, Joe Cole, Wright-Phillips, Hleb, Rosicky, Pennant, Kewell and other wingers in the Premiership scored compared to Ronaldo?
He had no business scoring those goals so its kind of remarkable for any winger/play-maker to have scored such goals.

How many assists did Drogba cop last season compared to Ronnie.
Where does Drog find himself when crosses come in? In the danger area.
Where does Ronnie find himself when crosses come in? He makes the crosses and passes.
Spot the difference?
If Fergie decides to play Ronaldo as a centre forward . . . . . . . . . .He will outscore DROGBA and u know it . . . . . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal even my puppy knows the answer

its like asking me if Maureen is a parrot grin
or Mikel a baboon grin

Cheksli jare grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:40pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal:

@ MUKINA2,

There's a 10,000 pounds question on a TV quiz show.
I need your erm, erm, help on this one.
Which club among the BIG 4 in England has never featured in the UEFA Champions league final?
Please gimme the answer ASAP as line closes by 8pm tonight.
I WANNA win the prize so help me out. cool

They dey worry you o. You dey craze true true.
Becuz u don win am twice shey?
See me see wahala o
LMAO grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal
Drogba has had better assist when he was not scoring in the past seasons, check your stats please.

When you want to talk about a non-striker that bangs goals, we know who does that best dont we? Let me give you a hint - he's the vice-captain of the wealthiest club in the world.

About your other strikers, did i hear you call Owen, Saha? Guess i did not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:44pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ MUKS,

U must be very intelliegent.
As a matter of fact, U happen to be the most intelligent and resourceful gunner on this thread.
Lemme call the show presenter and deliver my answer straight to his ears.
I just hope no one has called b4 me . . . . . . . . . . .

I ma get back to u if i WIN.
Gimme ur account number and swift code so i can transfer 20% of the proceeds to ur account in Gambia.
I will also like to tell u that i will be needing ur assistance from time to time whenever such questions come up on TV.
Thanks Muks for being a good pal. wink

@ Somze,
Do u know the answer to the question? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:46pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal
The answer does not matter, history only remembers the winners. smiley

Muki
Have u won it before?
I dont think so grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:47pm On Jul 29, 2007
grin grin grin grin grin

Jackal you wont kill me o grin

Somze sharrap . atleast we have been in the Finals grin what of cheksli? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:50pm On Jul 29, 2007
Na final we go chop, win am now. Hush it jare. tongue

Chelsea does not loose finals. Thats why UEFA has kept us from going there. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:53pm On Jul 29, 2007
Uefa kei grin

una finals na semi-final grin liverpool is always there grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 7:54pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

You are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!
Which club is the wealthiest in the world? Please don't say CHELSEA.
Nairaland heads will laugh at u if u do. Man Utd rakes the income more than any club in the world.

Vice Captain? You mean Fat Frank? I am having a fit.
Ronaldo just broke Lampard's record as the highest goal scoring Midfielder in the history of the Premiership.
Take Lamapard's penalties, deflected free-kicks out of his goals and what do u have? 3 or 4 goals a season.

If u don't believe me . . . . . .Take a peep at his International career.
Lampard has to be the most over-rated English player in the world.
What visible skills does Lampard have? Can't tackle, can't dribble and no technical ability!!!!!!!!!
Gerrard is miles better than him and u cannot argue that.
Paul Scholes at 33 is better than Lamps and if Scholes makes a You-turn on his international career then Lamps may forget ever wearing an England shirt. grin
Why's he always booed when he wears the 3 LIONS shirt? Cos everyone now knows he is a GLOBAL DECEPTION(like Y2K BUG) grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 7:58pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal:

@ Somze,

You are having a laugh!!!!!!!!!!
Which club is the wealthiest in the world? Please don't say CHELSEA.
Nairaland heads will laugh at u if u do. Man Utd rakes the income more than any club in the world.
I was referring to Roman. In the income you speak we only come behind ManU in the world from records last season. This has been dealt with else where.

Jackal:

Ronaldo just broke Lampard's record as the highest goal scoring Midfielder in the history of the Premiership.
Take Lamapard's penalties, deflected free-kicks out of his goals and what do u have? 3 or 4 goals a season.

shocked shocked shocked
Ronaldo broke who's record? Where when who? Please lay evidence down, thanks.

And yeh, we take deflections wink grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 7:59pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal:

Vice Captain? You mean Fat Frank? I am having a fit.

If u don't believe me . . . . . .Take a peep at his International career.
Lampard has to be the most over-rated English player in the world.
What visible skills does Lampard have? Can't tackle, can't dribble and no technical ability!!!!!!!!!
Gerrard is miles better than him and u cannot argue that.
Paul Scholes at 33 is better than Lamps and if Scholes makes a You-turn on his international career then Lamps may forget ever wearing an England shirt. grin
Why's he always booed when he wears the 3 LIONS shirt? Cos everyone now knows he is a GLOBAL DECEPTION(like Y2K BUG) grin

now this is harsh on fat boy lamps grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
oh come on mukina
As if manU or Arses wont accept anyone that has his goal scoring records. Remember that lampard last 2 seasons was the 2nd best in europe and in the world even when HEnry was around. So you guys should not be gullible.

It is a known fact that Chelsea is not loved by UEFA and FA. This has affected our work in europe wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:11pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

Lampard has been the highest goal scorer at Chelsea until last season.
He scored 16 goals each in the 1st 2 seasons(making him the highest scoring midfielder ever in the Prem) but Ronaldo scored 17 last season to beat Fat Frank's records.
Lampard may have become 2nd best in Europe but 60% of the reason is the English hype.
If Ronaldo was English . . . . . .He would win the european title and come 2nd in the world this season so lets be objective.
Who would u rather have in your team today?
Cristiano or Fat Frank? Please be honest on that.

Lets differentiate between Chelsea FC and Roman Abrahamovic.
Chelsea as a club is the 5th richest in the world compared to Man Utd's rich list dominance.
When these ratings are made, they look at the revenue generated by the clubs and NOT Roman's private accounts so leave Abrahamovic out of this.
The income generated by Man Utd @ OT is twice as much as Chelsea's if u consider that OT are sometimes used for International matches and advanced stage of FA cup finals plus loads of Cricket and Rugby games.
If u add all that to the merchandise sold at Far East Asia, Chelsea does not even come close.
Remember what Kenyon said . . . . . . . . .He said: "We shall make Chelsea a brand by year 2012".
It means they are NOT there yet and might never get there!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:18pm On Jul 29, 2007
Jackal
Diving Ronaldo with numerous penalties. Most goals where penalties, thats why he does not exist on the international scene or even in europe. Lampard exists in Europe as the awards show. Lampard was the best in England In Euro 2004. Remember? Lamp is not a hype. Look at the records

2006-07 21
2005-06 20
2004-05 19
2003-04 15

Let me see ronaldo's.

I will search for the link of incomes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:29pm On Jul 29, 2007
@ Somze,

We are talking league goals ONLY not the total goals scored in a season.
Besides, Ronaldo is just 22 and Lampard is almost 30 the last time i checked.
If Ronaldo becomes available today . . . . . .He is worth nothing less than 60 million pounds.
Lampard in any football market now cannot be more than 15 million.You have to realise age aint on his side.

Ronaldo was the best young player at the world cup.
He lost the grand prize when he had the problems with Wazza and English fans voted him off the top spot.
Ronaldo blazed the EURO 2004 competition just like Wazza did for England.
Fat Frank was non-existent in that competition. Wazza's injury against the Portugese was why England crashed according to some school of thought.

Ronaldo is the new kid on the block. He won all the awards winnable in the country. Individual awards.
The 1st player to do so in 30 years after Andy Gray won everything in 1977!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Ronaldo's case is even exemplary as he is a FOREIGNER.
How come Lampard does not even get a mention.  Where was Lampard in the PFA team?
Ronaldo is the best winger in this land both on the left side and right side . . . . .Ever heard of that?
A single player better than everyone on both wings . . . . . . Please take a bow for this lad. He's awesome.
PFA is voted by footballers themselves so i want that NOTED!!!!!!!!!

Please don't even put the issue of DIVING.
The biggest sky-diver is DROGBA.
Ronaldo is a kinder-garten student in that field while Drogba is at Masters level. tongue
Drogba even admitted to BBC sports that he DIVES. What a Arrow?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:42pm On Jul 29, 2007
Oga even Ronaldo has admitted diving now

Remember when he said = i felt a little contact and i went to ground.

I know you'll say he does not understand english well now. Abeg Ronaldo is worse, did u c his theatrics at the world cup, i dont know who told you he ws the best young player there o. Unless you meant in the swimming team tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 8:51pm On Jul 29, 2007
He does understand English.
What he meant practically was he felt contact and made him unstable thus leading to him hitting the deck.
When u travel with the ball with RONALDO'S PACE (almost 50km/hr) then u know anything, no matter how light the contact, is enough to bring him down.
Ronaldo does not dive . . . . .His pace is the determinant.
SKYSPORTS calculated Ronaldo's pace to be 50KM/hr against Bolton @ OT when he raced with the ball from United's goal area to set Rooney up for what everyone voted the GOAL of the Season.

Drogba is built like a HORSE/STALLION and the lightest of touches makes him go down like he got pole-axed.
English commentators always laugh and marvel how a player built like a gorilla goes down that easily.
Think about it, Drogba's body mass compared to Ronaldo's plus Drogba doesn't travel as fast as Ronnie and the slightest touch makes him rollon the floor like a man suffering from stomach cancer. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 9:01pm On Jul 29, 2007
Ronaldo is not as skinny as he used to be.

and Brother is 6 ''2 as well

He is jus as bad as Drogba in the diving stakes
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:03pm On Jul 29, 2007
Na lie, he is worse, Drogba did not dive in the world cup. Please check this link

http://www.ronaldo-is.com/ronaldo-is-index.php
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:07pm On Jul 29, 2007
[url=http://www.video.scubadata.com/show-video.php?media=http://youtube.com/v/j3LFfDdqT0E.swf&tag=milan&title=C.Ronaldo%20is%20NOT%20a%20great%20player,%20just%20hype%20-%20pundits%20agree&x=6]More dives from the great Ronaldo[/url]

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:10pm On Jul 29, 2007
can we have our thread back? tongue

you guys keep going on about two great actors grin

they will be nominated this year for best performance grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 9:11pm On Jul 29, 2007
@somze

be that as it may, you have to admit Drogba's playacting is pathetic sometimes.

I am not going to hate a broda making his money but damn he goes far o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:14pm On Jul 29, 2007
Drobga dives but Ronaldo is the world greatest. I have a list

Ronaldo
Deco
Pires
Messi
Drogba
Robben
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doyin13(m): 9:17pm On Jul 29, 2007
deco. I hate deco

DECO IS A self-servicer

shame he plays for my team
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 9:30pm On Jul 29, 2007
hi guys, can somebody pls assist me a link to c rvp goal against inter? Plsssssssssss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:35pm On Jul 29, 2007
Ayusman

You need to wait, it wont be out, try 2moro mornin, search on youtube or soccerclips.com

Doyin
Deco is so pathetic, His tackles are horrible but when he is tackled he cries like a baby and rolls all over the place. Such a hypocrite!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 9:37pm On Jul 29, 2007
somze:

Ayusman

You need to wait, it wont be out, try 2moro mornin, search on youtube or soccerclips.com

Doyin
Deco is so pathetic, His tackles are horrible but when he is tackled he cries like a baby and rolls all over the place. Such a hypocrite!

Thanks gee. Much luv,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:56pm On Jul 29, 2007
hehehehehehehe lipsrsealed " grin "
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 10:06pm On Jul 29, 2007
ayusman please modify this

ayusman16:

Thanks gee. Much love,

Abeg GCON President is here. before it is taken for something else.

Abeg o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:08pm On Jul 29, 2007
somze:

ayusman please modify this

Abeg GCON President is here. before it is taken for something else.

Abeg o.

the Prezo is not here . .so you cxan do what you want grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (204) (205) (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.