Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,124 members, 7,838,860 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:30 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (209) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512693 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 4:04pm On Jul 30, 2007
lordim,

i guess i just turned bad !
i had to wait all these while for a-40 to show up just so i can pick on him !

a-40,
well what do ya know !
i thought it was " oil is thicker than water" !
keep sentiments out; if u feel you're knowledgeable on issues being discussed, make your assertions on it and not on the post writer !
stop being a bloody fanatic !
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 4:14pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Lordi

ssup dude?

long time!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 4:24pm On Jul 30, 2007
kitaun
I told him Drogba could have done that and is BETTER than RVP. angry

If your dumb ass thinks otherwise kindly show me through statistics. tongue

Thank you grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 4:26pm On Jul 30, 2007
@somze

that is so incorrect,

you are being fanatic, drogba, he's capable of doin it, but not as smooth as RVP

what do u mean better, oh gimme a break, i don't think u know what u are saying,

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 4:40pm On Jul 30, 2007
Lord

Assuming you ignored this
somze:

If your dumb ass thinks otherwise kindly show me through statistics. tongue

Please tell me how many times have RVP saved the game or levelled the game, or scored in europe or world cup? Or won the highest goal scorer of any league, or does he have as much assist as drogba last two season.

Like I said, GIVE ME EVIDENCE / STATISTICS.

You are smart man. This is a loosing battle. Walk away tongue tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 4:49pm On Jul 30, 2007
i don't walk away from battles i can't lose,

by the way this is no battle, as i don't fight and argue on baseless facts.

RVP has saved the game for arsenal so many times, e.g Arsenal Southamption which ended 2-2 in the 2004-2005 season.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07rV6_VIBcI

we were down by 2 goals and we would have won it if only henry had scored that last chance he had,

talkin of the world cup is another thing entirely, we talking of the goal, RVP's goal, not RVP as a general player,

what we are discussing is whether drogba can do better than dat, a lot of people would say no,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:50pm On Jul 30, 2007
wormedup:

lordim,

i guess i just turned bad !
i had to wait all these while for a-40 to show up just so i can pick on him !

a-40,
well what do ya know !
i thought it was " oil is thicker than water" !
keep sentiments out; if u feel you're knowledgeable on issues being discussed, make your assertions on it and not on the post writer !
stop being a bloody fanatic !

You pick on me? hahaha thats a good one. keep trying oil is thicker than water how did your dumb ass come up with that?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 4:57pm On Jul 30, 2007
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrgggggggggggghhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Arsenal ist die Mannschaft, diese Jahreszeit zu schlagen!!!

Case Closed cool cool cool grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 5:02pm On Jul 30, 2007
@white lexi

wow, dat was sum post,

am glad u r okay now,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 5:12pm On Jul 30, 2007
I dont even know why they field Lehman at all, that guy is old and stiff!

Almunia impresses me all the time, goals that beat him are quality goals that will beat many keepers E.G Benni McCathy's goal in the FA cup exit, that was a good strike. All Lehman knows how to do is to get booked for avoidable off-the-ball offences.

Each time i see an arsenal line up with lehman there, i feel sad. See the goal that beat him yesterday, a header, slow and dinking. . . he either didnt position properly or de didnt dive well, compare it to almunia the day before, he even got a good touch of the ball that beat him except it all happened really quickly.
I envy such talent left on the bench when someone else that seriously requires greasing is given the chance. undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:18pm On Jul 30, 2007
a-40,

ur dumb ass is too stupid to recognize anything other than bloodclot !
did bother to find out the meaning of the "word"
u r hardly inspirational in any aspects of life.
and you've decided to make a habit of corrupting us with ur appalling stupidity ! i guess that's where ur gift resides.
u come on here, do a quick statistics on the most supported line of argument then jump in the line and start spewing bullocks !
the probs with peeps like u is, u keep thinking everyone's as stupid as you are !
worse still, u think u r pretty smart for knowing nix !

anybody have an idea how long it takes a dork to know just what he is ?
keep singing a-40. don't stop just yet.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Razorr(f): 5:22pm On Jul 30, 2007
Bu haaa haaaa haaa. . . Oh mi god! grin cheesy grin

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 5:28pm On Jul 30, 2007
Razorr, na for fight we go see you shining your 32!!

Instead make you be peace maker you dey find seat and ordering popcorn and drink.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 5:30pm On Jul 30, 2007
man, i love nairaland,

its full of all sorts,

wormed up and a - 40 u guys should holster ur weapons nah
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:41pm On Jul 30, 2007
Back to footie jare. . .did anyone see the post match interviews after the Emirates cup games? They were drilling AW as if there was some rumor about him signing Anelka, and he actually made a Freudian slip about Anelka playing with Eduardo!! While he may have wished for this, I don't really think with all the strikers we have now he'll sign Le Sulk, unless dudu is actually going to play on the wings and not CF.

More cheery news is that he actually said we are looking to sign 1 or 2 more players!! When did we last hear that from AW? All through the season we always hrd he would only sign one, at most 2 'super super class' players, now we might actually get some more new blood in the squad, and not a moment too early if you ask me.

My hope now is that he buys someone of quality who is at least 24 with some top level/European experience, not some 16 yr old wunderkind from Outer Mongolia tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:58pm On Jul 30, 2007
Debo ur milk pikin don go o grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:10am On Jul 31, 2007
Praaaiiiiisseee the Looooorrrrd!! cheesy

he can now get mama's milk on tap whenever he wants, and all the sunshine he needs too

bye bye Miliki 'sissy boy' Reyes! cheesy

Hello 8million pounds! grin grin

now Wenger has at least 11million from the Reyes+Ljunberg sales to buy someone else if he wants.

Spend AW, Spend!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:39am On Jul 31, 2007
@SOMZE

to think someone that is learned even aired ur YIM opinion publicly is appaling tongue

U ARE AS DUMB AS UR CLUB PUT 2GEDA cool

even fAZE' S family at Aro know that Drogba their co-patient can never score that kind of goal cool

now dont be stupid; has Drogba scored more goals at the World cup than RVP?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:57am On Jul 31, 2007
kituan

Hush it jare tongue

As usual we would see no statistics what so eva from you, i wonder if you ever passed 5th grade tongue

Need I remind you of Drogba's amazing goal record in france and now in England. Need I remind you of his classic goals agains Barca, Liverpool, Everton, ManU . . .

Abi is it only YouTube you understand grin
Drogba Screamer against Barca
Drogba levels at nou camp
Drogba thunders liverpool
Drogba stunner against everton

Drogba is the best striker, able to deliver with his back facing the goal. RVP can not be remotely compared. cool
I am still waiting for statistics tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 9:36am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Somze

It seems you need to lay off the "DRUGS!!" just a little while.

Did anyone say, RVP has scored more goals than Drogba, what was said was that Drogba "CANNOT" I REPEAT, "CANNOT" score an RVP kind of goal, better and with as much frequency as the man himself. RVP is like Batistuta, Messi, Wayne Ronney, players like that, most times they don't score just simple goals but the spectacular.

Drogba is like Eto'o, Ronaldo (the real one) Van Horseface, players like that. They score many goals for fun, with few being spectacular.

You keep talking about stats and figures Even if Henry is now a Barca player, can Didier ever compare himself to Henry while he was at Arsenal wait a minute, just like you deluded Chelsea supporters, he did tongue

How many WC goals did Drogba score ahead of RVP, "MR. stats" tongue

By the way, Drogba is 29, where as RVP is how old 23, so while Drog's career might be winding down, RVP is just getting to his peak. (Wanna bet that RVP will go to more World Cup competitions than Drogba, and score more WC goals for Holland).

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:48am On Jul 31, 2007
Whats so special about RVP goal - which comes onces every preseason friendly tongue

I've shown footages of a few classics that Drogba has had against big teams in big matches. Can / has RVP scored those goals?

If Drogba was from Holland or England dont you think he'd be better respected and have better chances in the world cup than being from Ivory Coast?

Why bring age as an issue? You guys made an a claim. It is in your burden to prove the claim. Drogba can not score that kind of goal, Discuss and show relevant evidences?

Thank you cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:06am On Jul 31, 2007
Ok

Somze what Drogba goal (EVER) Can compare to RVP's volley goal against Charlton, please even go back to his early playing days (feel free to go back to when he was playing footie naked behind his father's house in Ivory Coast).

Age was mentioned because RVP is still young, and has every likelihood of out scoring Drogba, before his career is over.

Either way, you being a Chelsea supporter, and feeling that, i'am looking at this through "Arsenal Lenses". It is obvious, we will never come to an agreement tongue so lets "Agree to disagree!!" and just shake hands on it!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 10:16am On Jul 31, 2007
loyika:

Ok

Somze what Drogba goal (EVER) Can compare to RVP's volley goal against Charlton, please even go back to his early playing days (feel free to go back to when he was playing footie naked behind his father's house in Ivory Coast).

Wow Charlton, what a big club to score against. Barca, liverpool, ManU and Everton cant compare to that tongue

loyika:

Either way, you being a Chelsea supporter, and feeling that, i'am looking at this through "Arsenal Lenses". It is obvious, we will never come to an agreement tongue so lets "Agree to disagree!!" and just shake hands on it!!

cool GOONER 89

Ok dude case closed

Celebrate RVP tongue
While I'll celebrate Drogba cool

WE PAY CASH!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:30am On Jul 31, 2007
So Rvp's goal against Man United wasn't class

Somze sometimes argue with sense. Thats why i used Age, RVP will now get the opportunity to play against these teams, seeing that he is the main striker now (and i repeat, he should go on to score more goals than Drogba).

If you want to compare Drogba's goal ability, you compare him to his mates, Henry, Eto'o and Van Horse, players like that, and in that list Drogba is at the bottom of the pile (he can't even compare to Sheva in terms of class over his career, even with Crespo who was also his Chelsea colleague, so WHAT ARE YOU ON ABOUT!!).

Ok let me ask you this, which young player in the Chelsea squad can be compared to RVP, i know if i say Cesc you will say Mikel, if i say Toure, you will say Terry. So now i say RVP, who do you say (and don't dare say lipsrsealed)

And stop this "WE PAY CASH SH@T!!" tongue

You don't want to get me started again, its to early!! tongue

You should concentrate on this;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2138173,00.html

and

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/07/31/mourinho_surveys_his_bruised_a.html

With all the injury pile up, even before a real game has been played, are you sure the season looks good in advance for ya'll

CHELSEA VS POOL AUGUST 18TH undecided

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 10:34am On Jul 31, 2007
this isn't about RVP/Drogba.

let look at AGE.

not every kid turns out to be spectacular. nobody said it's a way of football.
drogba might get a whole lot better than he is and VP might not get past what he is right now.
so being 13 or 23 is not really a leverage for better performance.
until we all seesome difference, u r what u r ! now !!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 10:44am On Jul 31, 2007
loyika dont put words into my mouth tongue

Someone here mentioned that Drogba cant score the RVP goal. I have asked all to supply evidence and you guys have evaded from it.

I have brought clips of Drogba's fantastic goals last season to show otherwise. cool

You know and i know RVP can not compare to Drogba so hush it tongue

As for the injuries lipsrsealed embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 10:47am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Somze,

This is the moment of CLARITY and maybe the moment of TRUTH.

First all, there was nothing spectacular about Drogba's goal against Man Utd. Any player could have done that as what Drogba needed to do was just to dink the ball the way he did and many players would do that with their eyes closed.
However, Drogba is a good striker. He is all about power, sheer strength and raw skills. His goals against Liverpool, Everton, Barcelona and some spectacular headers against Arsenal(Carling cup) and Bayern Munich(UEFA 2005) were all TOP DRAW. There's no question about all em goals. They were top notch.

However, what we are saying is DROGBA in RVP's shoes in the same set of circumstances wouldn't have done what Van Persie did. Maybe he would have scored as well by just blasting the ball against Toldo and taking a wicked defelection to score but i don't think Drogba is THAT INTELLIGENT to do a drag-back and just create the space to SCORE.
Not too many players are that composed in front of goal.
Would Drogba have scored Kanu's equaliser against Brazil in ATALANTA '96? HELL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!

Moreover, there are some goals Van Persie would miss and Drogba would score with his eyes shut. The goal Van Persie missed in the 6-yard box on saturday was a shame. A player like Drogba would score that so these players all have their strengths and weaknesses. In Persie's goal, Drogba will run out of ideas and wouldn't have made it look as classy as that. The goal deserved to win NOT ONLY THE MATCH, but the tournament and this is what we are arguing about.

No one is saying Super Drog is NOT good in his own ways.
Blimey, he single-handedly dragged Chelski's sorry ass to the 2nd spot in the Premiership with goals, goals and more goals.
Can he do it again this season? Thats the question we should be asking ourselves.
Robin Van persie? I have never had any doubts about the talent of the young lad.
The Dutch don't have many things with quality but i can guarantee anyone they have the best breed of STRIKERS in the world.
Not even Brazil can boast of special breeds of predators that Holland possess.

@ Loyika,
You can go back to Arsenal Vs Chelsea Vs Man Utd Vs Liverpool thread.
I chose Robin V Persie to partner Rooney because i've always loved Dutch strikers.
They r simply the best and if RVP can stay injury-free, he will give Drogba a run for his money on the scorer's chart table this season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 10:55am On Jul 31, 2007
@Somze

I may not have passed 5th grade, but I dont need be a rocket scientist to prove u act derangedly when anything blue is mentioned tongue

actually Loyika already said my bit, and I wonder what else there is to say cool

save for me to remind myself that I dont need to waste my time with Smeagol, Mr Cash, Mr Stat, what other things qualify u sef?  tongue

@Loyika

am sure u dont really expect them to look forward wiith glee to CHELSKI VS LIVERPOOL  grin  grin

@Jackal

spot on!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2007
kitaun:

@Somze

I may not have passed 5th grade, but I don't need be a rocket scientist to prove u act derangedly when anything blue is mentioned tongue

save for me to remind myself that I don't need to waste my time with Smeagol, Mr Cash, Mr Stat, what other things qualify u sef? tongue

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Comedian, go get a job tongue

Jackal
Rest my case dude. Totally agree.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:03am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Jackal

Spot On!!

Thats why i said, RVP should be put in the same cat as Rooney, Messi and co, these guys always have to score the perfect goal, 9 times out of 10, give them "tap ins" and they flunk their lines, but give them opportunities like Wazza's goal against Milan or Arsenal at the Emirates, or Messi's wonder goal shocked and you see the beauty in those players.

Drogs is like Van N, he scores goals for fun, but can he score that Messi goal; NO!! thats the point being made. Its like asking Henry to score a simple tap in, most times he skys those, but give him space to run, then watch him pull out something from the top draw cool

The only "modern" players that could somewhat combine strenght and skill to good use as far as i am concerned, were Ronaldo de Lima, George Weah and Romario. (Sheva comes close, but he doesn't do it very often a'la Chelsea grin).

Hmmmm!! Where do we put Tony Yebouh in this frame, cause that guy was a beast shocked

@ Kit

She Bi, Maureen has been "Boring" everyone with his pre season comments (that guy needs a shrink embarassed) Now what excuses will he give Roman this year if he doesn't win the Prem or UCL!! Oh sorry Mr A, Its the Sports Director (Grant) you gave me, that made me eat the "Forbidden Fruit!!" grin

That Pool game will be something to behold (and its at Chelsea's favorite vacation spot; ANFIELD grin grin) grin Wormy your flight ticket to Iceland on the 17th is ready oh! I made sure the Hotel booked the room you asked for (you know! The one with no Cable TV grin grin) return date is also booked for the 19th cool Save trip in advance bro grin

(i doubt Jose will play his cards against the Scum on Sunday, Said he was tired of raising 5 fingers up, so he has downgraded the Charity Shield to a Pre season friendly status 9 grin)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 11:09am On Jul 31, 2007
@ Loyika,

Nobody comes close to Ronaldo De Lima in his PRIME.
That guy took my breath away when he was at Barcelona. Bobby Robson nearly had a heart attack while Ronaldo was cutting and slicing his way through la liga teams in 96/97 season.
Without a doubt, he is the most complete striker in the world.
He has got everything. SPEED, SKILLS, STEALTH, GOAL SENSE, COMPOSURE and very, very LEVEL-HEADED.
The Brazilian does not complain nor FRONT(Henry).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 11:11am On Jul 31, 2007
Ronaldo is the best, was always a huge fan. The guy is foolish enough to take on 5 defenders go past them, go past the keeper and freaking score.

He was a wonder.

(1) (2) (3) ... (206) (207) (208) (209) (210) (211) (212) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.