Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,762 members, 7,862,492 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 06:05 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (237) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517641 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 3:16pm On Aug 16, 2007
@ A-40

Thanks Goodness u watched the game. Did u see how superb Clichy was? I mean that guy is a phenomenom - He's got the pace, speed and power so much, no wonder Fabrepass dedicated 90% of the goal to him.

If u can still remember the Amsterdam Tournament - the beautiful goal he worked out for RVP, u would know that that boy is improving by the day.

As for Eboue, I think he was complaining too much, he refused to play footie and argued on every slight touch. Maybe Wenger should hav removed him and introduced Bendtner in, then Hleb could play from right.

And I just hope He (Wenger) does not play that same formation against Blackburn during the weekend cause I wasn't ok with it at all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Banderas(m): 3:44pm On Aug 16, 2007
Naah, While I agree that Ebue was less than impressive, Hleb has had his best performances playing down the centre. Here's what I think - Fab was unable to get into the game because he didn't have a solid midfield partner - Flamini has passion, but is a bit limited in ability. Abu Diabi or Silva would have covered him nicely. Rosicky was dull. Van P is an excellent player, but he needs another out-and-out striker to support him, he can't hack it as an isolated striker. The defence was fantastic - I have NEVER seen Gallas play so well for Arsenal. The two full backs are amazing - Clichy and Bacary (bakare), what a wonderful find for so little money.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:48pm On Aug 16, 2007
Yeah Rosicky was rather dull i maintain Bendtner should have been brought in Song should have been left on the bench and Walcott brought in for Walcott.Flamini had a decent game.And Lehmann was his volatile self
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:49pm On Aug 16, 2007
I meant Walcott for Eboue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 3:51pm On Aug 16, 2007
Clichy is just too good,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 3:58pm On Aug 16, 2007
I really don't like that Flamini guy, he gives away the ball so easily and hardly regains it back without commiting an offense. I'd rather prefare Diaby wearing the shoes of Gilberto than Flamini, the only advantage he has is that he scores when it matters most.

I agree with you that RVP's best pair for that match would have been Bendtner since ADE was not 100% fit.

The defence was fantastic - I have NEVER seen Gallas play so well for Arsenal. The two full backs are amazing - Clichy and Bacary (bakare), what a wonderful find for so little money.

I don't think we would have much problem with our defense this season provided we can just caution Lehmann to stop making such foolish mistakes for us again or better still introduce L.Fabianski
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 4:00pm On Aug 16, 2007
Late goals . early goals what matters is that at the end of the day we win the match .

i wonder why you are all complaining of  the way we play undecided

last season you  were all complaining of goals undecided

me i tire o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 4:04pm On Aug 16, 2007
Mukina, don't be. . . . . . . .

We could have lost if we had played a tougher team that way, the only thing for us to do is to sharpen up our attack and partly the midfield that's all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:11pm On Aug 16, 2007
It was one of those games and i expect us to put our foot on the gas as the season goes on
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:25pm On Aug 16, 2007
Win anyhow it comes in August+September, turn on the style in October and start beating people 4-0

what we need now is consistent wins and performances, after we've gotten that rolling, the beautiful footie will come. wink

lets not get our priorities wrong, I'll prefer this 2-0 win at every away game this season than a 1million chances and a loss or draw like last season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 5:28pm On Aug 16, 2007
thank you Debo cheesy

if we can play ugly footie and win ,then so be it cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 7:48pm On Aug 16, 2007
Marlet, your analysis of Arsenal is dodgy o!

They should drop Hleb for Bendtener??

Hleb should go to the righthandside??

Hleb is a revelation playing in the centre of the park behind the main striker and now you want to put him back to the righthand side of the park?

If anything we should play with edurdo upfront and have RVP and Hleb just behind him. That would also mean a 3 man centre midfield with sagna and clichy acting as wingbacks.

very attack minded but i think we can pull it off for most games. It will obviously have to be changed for certain games depending on how the opponents line up as well.

I have no trouble with Flamini, he is passion and all clubs need a player like him.

He reminds me of Parlour back in the day, who will die for Arsenal and not go missing like some other players cough Henry cough.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 7:35am On Aug 17, 2007
When are you playing your oustanding match with Newcastle?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 2:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Vieira
Good analysis i like the way our formation is being mixed up lthis season it was always too predictable last season but now it seems like our Gaffer now has a plan B and we should make formations depending on the games we are involved in its not all games that a particular formation might work out.I agree though Hleb is a revelation in his new spot but it wont work out every game and i am also glad we didnt sell Flamini.He is a battler
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:01pm On Aug 17, 2007
Oga V

But you know that when players like Diaby and Berti are back, Hleb will go back to the right, and will be utilised there along with Eboue and Walcot, depending on which squad the Gaffer picks.

I have been reluctant to say much on the team lipsrsealed Nothing though, just need to see how we handle the Rovers on Sunday, then (and only then) i should be able to give my honest opinion of our chances this season (Bolton are Rubbish this season, so i ain't worried about them, however!! undecided the stupid Clowns might decide to raise their game when they face us tongue).

If we appraoch the game, in the same manner as we did the game with Sparta, and the Ajax game, i feel we will get 3 points on Sunday (at worst a draw undecided Hope Benni Boy is still seeing butterflies grin which should rule him out).

In relation to this, i like the positive noises coming out from our camp, especially from Fab4 cool its good to see everyone is "Toughing Up!" as expressed in this article;

http://blogs.guardian.co.uk/sport/2007/08/17/fabregas_finds_new_role_as_enf.html

And the Huddle stuff by the players at the end of games, adds a good touch to seeing the build up of real "Team Spirit!!" Would like to see how we respond when we lose a game undecided.

All in all, with players soon to come back, we should be going at full throttle. My only worries are;

A, Lehman's need to be silly sometimes (I swear sooner or later, he and Gallas are going to have a massive[b] "Fall out", [/b] that would/should be funny cheesy).

B, Why does Song still wear an Arsenal jersey, No seriously; WHY!!

C, Wenger still insists on his habit of "Late substitutions", even when games are not going to plan, he still hesitates in mixing things up and changing tactics (quickly).

Having said all that, there were/are a few positives. Most important of these are;

A, Tottenham vs Sunderland grin grin

B, Tottenham vs Everton grin grin

C, Tottenham for Relegation grin (if only dreams were horses cry)

Sparky's Army must go down on sunday cool (The fact that Robbie " tongue " Savage plays for them, should be enough motivation, but watch out for Bentley!).

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!! LETS BE HAVING YA!! cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nawa1(m): 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2007
hello everybody, i'm a big fan of arsenal fc. i had a deep breath of relieve yesterday when i descover this thread.

[center]long live arsenal fc, long live arsenal fc suporters, long live nairalanders, long live nigeria.[color=#990000][/color][b][/b][/center] wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 3:37pm On Aug 17, 2007
hiiiiii
its a pity the SELF acclaimed elders of this thread are not on seat to officially welcome u

gunner 4 lifeeeeeeeeeee
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 4:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
hmmmmmmmmmmmm dat pic is suspicius

no wonder alex likes him, if u know wut i mean
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 4:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
@na wa
Welcome to Jamrock or is it Zamunda,

I wont rest till Song is out of that squad angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nawa1(m): 4:37pm On Aug 17, 2007
thankz a-40

what is the issue with song?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:42pm On Aug 17, 2007
@ Loyiks

I've been cautious in talking up the team's chances and all this season so far, but the early signs are encouraging. Especially from the 'little guys' like Fab4 showing that they can rough it up with the best of them. That at least will prevent teams from thinking they'll kick us about and we'll just lay back and take it from them tongue

Beating the blackies on Sunday will be great, especially remembering how we beat em at home with 10 men last time around. An away premiership win especially in the North will do us a lot of good, I can't wait to see Dudu start a game for us.

A Win on Sunday will be perfect, but a draw with a good performance against a tough team will not be too bad either. Like Myles said - Lets see Arsenal's first 10 games this season, then reasonable assessments can be made.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:10pm On Aug 17, 2007
Yeah i just have that feeling we would come good and mix it up with the big boys why am i saying that? we are big boys

One game at a time lads
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:14pm On Aug 17, 2007
@nawa
You more than welcome play boi,

The guy is simply whack and does not have anything to offer at Arsenal he is just not Arsenal quality i dont know why Papa Wemba oops i meant Papa Wenger didnt leave him at Charlton
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
A win will be fantastic at ewood park against a team like blackburn. Its looking unlikely Eduardo will start. Eboue and Tomas have been ruled out of the game. It has been confimed Song is starting on sunday grin.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
Song angry Bobo tell me its a joke.Yeah Rosicky isnt looking too alright we need a wide left whats Baba doing about the Pedersen case now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 5:38pm On Aug 17, 2007
last I read about it, Pederson is going no where thats according to Mark Hughes. Song no fit start now, I just dey play.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:42pm On Aug 17, 2007
Breathes a huge sigh of relief that joke expensive no be small.Well we need to find another wide left guy Rosicky no be am
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dinozzo(m): 5:53pm On Aug 17, 2007
Is wenger saying anything about signing more players, there is a really no speculation of buying except maybe pedersen.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:33pm On Aug 17, 2007
Thats not good i still think we need a CB and a Wide left
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:36pm On Aug 17, 2007
If he's thinking of anything, he's keeping it really close to his chest. My thinking is whoever he might be trying to buy will probably wait till CL qualification is sure before signing - that could be the extra icing on the cake to convince the player to join us.

as to who specifically he might be looking at, except the Diarra stories that have now died down, and the Modric dude from Zagreb (who is now cup-tied for the CL), no real news out there, and the pedersen thing has been quashed by AW, so I dont see any hope in that direction.

14 days to go before the window closes, I still suspect we'll make one signing, even if its on the last day. players get cheaper as the deadline approaches, that is, unless you're Chelsea or Real Madrid wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:46pm On Aug 17, 2007
We have just three CB's and they would reduce to two for six weeks during the nations cup, And as the Igbo folk would say Odikwa very very risky!! A CB and a wide left would do

@Debo
Qualification don sure now why is the guys still wasting time?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 8:32pm On Aug 17, 2007
Hleb is okay playing in that role . . . he looks like a natural successor to Pires

(1) (2) (3) ... (234) (235) (236) (237) (238) (239) (240) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.