Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,026 members, 7,835,482 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:39 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (39) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (511945 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 12:01pm On Nov 26, 2006
@jackal
abeg e don do
dnt rub it in
it hurts enough already
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 12:43pm On Nov 26, 2006
What ever the situation we are still together 4life

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lalaboi(m): 12:44pm On Nov 26, 2006
Arsenal fc= tragedy fc!
It shuldnt surprise u guys na! U've nt won a premier league game in reebok stadium since 1992.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaylala(m): 12:45pm On Nov 26, 2006
It can only get better cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:54pm On Nov 26, 2006
@Lalaboi, Arsenal has not won a premiership game at the Reebok Stad since 1992? Are you on some cheap drugs? Abeg no come dey post nonsense here o!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 3:09pm On Nov 26, 2006
@ Kitaun,

Drogba was right with his comments.
He simply said he has been better than Thierry Henry THIS SEASON.
He has based the comparison on this season and i think he is right to say he is better than HENRY this season.
Even Kanu has been better than Henry so far this season. wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:27pm On Nov 26, 2006
Yeah, i can't agree more
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lalaboi(m): 3:45pm On Nov 26, 2006
@kitaun!
Na wetn i c i post! I dnt av assess to postn links. Bt go 4thegame.com. Go check d post match report 4 d game btw arsenal n bolton, or go to d link wit "anelka brace sinks gunners". Check it out n tel me wat u c dia!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:26am On Nov 27, 2006
Mr. Lala cool

What you see there has no bearing on anything you are saying. Things like "this team hasn't won at this stadia in 20 years" really has no meaning, any team on their day can win anywhere, thats just a fact of life, If not, we wouldn't have won at OT

Anyway Bolton What can i say

First @ Jackal, i tip my hat off, you predicted rightly, so i give you that one, but you must also admit that what killed us @ that game was the lack of a proper striker on the pitch, we did hit the woodwork 3 embarassed cry times. Even the Walrus said post match, that they were lucky with the woodwork.

Sam Allardyce said: " We had fortune today. The woodwork was in our favour. We scored wonderful goals. And you can't deny us a win with a goal like that.

We played better in the 2nd half, we were tongue in the 1st half. Anyway another depressing trip up north.

To make matter worst, when i got back home, i had to watch that depressing film, THE PIANIST cry Ruined my whole evening cry, then unbelievably, finding no rest i woke up late at night and put on the telly, and guess what Super Sports[/b]decided to show again, You guess it sad the replay of the match, so i had to live every f@*king moment all over again, willing every single arsenal effort to just dip under the bar and into the net cry Wanting the ref to send of Davis for the blatent push on Eboue, hoping a sniper took out Anelka before the match, jumping up at Berti's goal only to realise that i had seen this match before, [b]AND WE LOST!! angry

Anyway the only person i will blame is Le Prof, why in heavens name he picked that squad i will never know , i have no problem with the formation, and i am ok with the midfield and to a large extent the defence, What we lack is a striker that will just take our chances. as Ian Grant asked;

One question we are entitled to ask is: Would it have been any different if Gallas, Diaby, Lauren, Rosicky, Henry and van-Persie were playing? And given the answer is an imponderable - it gives some hope on a very depressing evening.

Anyway, i believe that these match analysis summed up our game with the Bogey team tongue

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/422/42.html

and Le Prof says it best here

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Match_Report/0,,1957706,00.html

and arseblogger is sopt on here as well

http://www.arseblog.com/WP/index.php

Anyway, its a new day, and a very interesting two weeks for the Arsenal, yesterday is gone and we have to look forward, i have no doubt that this team will get some silverware this season, it might not be the league, but don't write us off yet cool

Will look at our two weeks of bedlum in my next post, shocked Damn, the Spuds, Russians, Porto all in the next two weeks shocked

In my test of three, Arsenal has flunked two, at least lets pass Fulham on wenesday cool

GUNNER 4 LIFE Now and Forever cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 10:35am On Nov 27, 2006
Do u think u guys ar stil in contention 4 d premiership?

NO!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:40am On Nov 27, 2006
Mr Lala angry

please get your facts right as Mr. kit has told you, before you come here and speak rubbish

"BOLTON WILL never be one of Arsene Wenger's favourite places, as his team have failed to win a league match here since 2002,"

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Observer_Match_Report/0,,-69975,00.html

A little research will go a long way. Try and do that before you make a point

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 10:41am On Nov 27, 2006
@Loyika, baptista and hleb had no biz being on the bench, wenger has been so foolish of recent it pains me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sil(m): 11:01am On Nov 27, 2006
He knows what he doin he is not stupid as you said.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by sil(m): 11:08am On Nov 27, 2006
ook
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:10am On Nov 27, 2006
Kit here is what Ian Grant said before the game

"Van Persie (banned) and Henry (neck) are out, along with Gallas and Rosicky. Could be Adebayor and Ljungberg up front with Walcott as sub. Arsenal need Baptista's beef at Bolton, somewhere."

Every Arsenal fan knows that the squad was wrong, i decided to not look at a PC all through the weekend, (so i wasn't aware that TH14 was injured, and i hadn't realised that Bang! Bang would not play) so on getting to the Spot late with 20 minutes gone, i was really not surprised that we were 1 goal down, but then when i got a rundown of the line up by other GOONERS at the Spot, i almost wept (anyway the forlorn look on my crew's faces tipped me off that something was amiss)

Now kit we all know that WENGER KNOWS, but right now, Wenger Know's Shite tongue

This is the text message i sent one of my pals in lag pre-empting him before he called to laugh at me (He is a Russian, so you can just imagine)

When Wenger was 10 years younger he bought Anelka and Viera, now he is 10 years older he buys Adebayor and Baptista!? Guess intelligence doesn't come with age.

Fact is Le Prof, also says he will not buy anyone in Jan, so we have to just fasten our seat belts and enjoy the bumpy ride.

I still feel the team will find its feet in the end, and also that the season is still open, however we are really not title contenders, we might get some good results, like beat the scum at OT and beat the Pool, Hopefully wipe the frown/grin on Jose's face on the 20th of December, and shove more S@*t down Jol's face. However if after that all we end up doing is drawing against teams like Newcastle, and losing to the Bolton's of this world, then we do not deserve the title.

Hope we get a result against Porto, and believe me Gooners, that will depend on the team Wenger puts out, if it has any resemblance to sat's team list, don't bother watching the match tongue Believe me on that

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 11:28am On Nov 27, 2006
I pray Arsenal find its way through in the Champions League.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:41am On Nov 27, 2006
@loyika, oh my world! How could u be so absolutely spot on?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by woleprof(m): 11:59am On Nov 27, 2006
Laugh @ thread*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:01pm On Nov 27, 2006
ignores attention seeker
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:07pm On Nov 27, 2006
He is not.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by woleprof(m): 12:14pm On Nov 27, 2006
mukina2:

ignores attention seeker

tongue tongue tongue

*still rejoices over the weekend's tie*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:15pm On Nov 27, 2006
get behind me satan shocked angry tongue grin

@woleprof go away tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by woleprof(m): 12:17pm On Nov 27, 2006
grin grin grin grin grin

i will only if u dont try to disunite us wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:29pm On Nov 27, 2006
wole do you have a team?

@jackmodu/fagmodu/pestmodu/suckmodu/

stay out people r not happy today angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by woleprof(m): 12:31pm On Nov 27, 2006
Sure grin grin grin grin grin

Even as we drew with Almighty chelsea im stil a "UNITED" wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:37pm On Nov 27, 2006
@jackmodu/fagmodu/pestmodu/suckmodu/

You are drunk grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by otolorin(m): 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2006
@amou

i was hopin u'll av xcuses for chelski not winnin dat match
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 12:41pm On Nov 27, 2006
@amodu get thee behind me you evil one angry tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 12:47pm On Nov 27, 2006
@amou

i was hopin u'll av xcuses for chelski not winnin that match

I said at least a draw, United should be the one to have excuse for not winning.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by woleprof(m): 12:56pm On Nov 27, 2006
mukina2:

@amodu get thee behind me you evil one angry tongue grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by TSpurs(m): 1:16pm On Nov 27, 2006
kissSam Alardyce to Arsene Wenger cry

"He(Arsene) has made some disparaging comments about us(Bolton) so it is time he ate a bit of humble pie. Perhaps he should give us some credit but there we go. THEY HAVEN'T BEATEN US HERE SINCE 2002. And i like big managers moaning. I hope Jose is moaning as much on wednesdayas Arsene is"
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 1:26pm On Nov 27, 2006
I hope Jose is moaning as much on wednesdayas Arsene is"

You will deny you say this

(1) (2) (3) ... (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.