Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,948 members, 7,848,839 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:57 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (42) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (514763 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 7:11am On Nov 30, 2006
*am here but still dumb founded to talk*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 7:11am On Nov 30, 2006
*am here but still dumb founded to talk*
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 8:23am On Nov 30, 2006
Who ask Igwe not to score Hat-trick yesterday?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 8:27am On Nov 30, 2006
just too bad.
this is becoming a habit. now the spurs have something to capitalize on.
seriously i never expected arsenal to flop this way. there has to be a miracle somewhere, it'd better hurry up !

be cool guys, things can only get better smiley

cheers cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2006
It is as if Fullham are playing with 22 men and Arsenal playing just 11. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 12:22pm On Nov 30, 2006
We will surely bounce back
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 12:39pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Wormedup, God bless you man, cheers!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 1:21pm On Nov 30, 2006
Arsenal's recent misfortunes is kinda giving me some mixed feelings.
The major rivalry in the EPL is was between Man utd and arsenal. . . . but now, arsenal is taking all the fun away.
They are really giving chelsea a field day. No pressure mounted,. . . . nothing. Instead, the pressure is coming from the likes of Portsmouth, Tottenham and Bolton. . . not even liverpool. cry

ARSENAL PLS, COME BACK TO UR WINNING WAYS AND MAKE THE EPL INTERESTING AGAIN. . . . .

ONE UNITED
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:38pm On Nov 30, 2006
JK

Plssssss STOP angry

What are Spurs doing, Where are they on the League table, And unless you just want to be funny, but didn't Bolton lose last night, and did Pompey win their last game.

The race for the Prem title is btw the Scum and the Russians no doubt, but pls don't insult us by saying Bolton and Pompey are doing stuff. They are only looking good, because we are F@*king up big time and every gooner in the house knows that.

But JK time they say will reveal all things.

So my dear Friend cool TIME WILL TELL!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 1:42pm On Nov 30, 2006
JK is that supposed to be a sick joke, ?
Isnt it obvious that arsenal are heavily dependent on Thierry,
Against Newcastle, they were set to drop points until "messiah" arrived
Against Hamburger in the UCL they were heading for the exit until "messiah" arrived,
Now he wasnt there to rescue them from the grapple of Bolton and Co.
Arsenal are a team of the future,
When u pitch kids like walcott, clichy and djorou against old men, who have shaved and re-shaved, what do you expect,
Listen, arsenal have many more games to lose and thats a fact,
Manure are temporarily on top, with more than a score of games to go,
Chelsea are winning the EPL for a third consecutive time, thats also a fact,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 1:46pm On Nov 30, 2006
I can see the Arsenal fans are losing their minds. am willing to sponsor u guys for free psychiatric treatment
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:00pm On Nov 30, 2006
@Grizzly and 4play, you guys just storm out of ur hibernation to come cause katakata abi? I recommend the left side of Yaba b/stop 4 u!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Grizzly(m): 2:05pm On Nov 30, 2006
grin
i no storm out of any hibernation,
There comes a time in the life of a fan, when he has to rethink his options,
Other camps are still open,
Dont tell me you are a tiptap soccer fan, and are content with arsenals "winning" ways,
Arsenal have no excuse to lose, or have they,
Maybe u'd enjoy seeing henry filing out for a UEFA CUP match in the future,
Or is it still too early to tell,
Ok oooo,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 2:09pm On Nov 30, 2006
Grizzly:

Isnt it obvious that arsenal are heavily dependent on Thierry,
Against Newcastle, they were set to drop points until "messiah" arrived
Against Hamburger in the UCL they were heading for the exit until "messiah" arrived,

isn't that a shame?? a whole team of more than 20 players + coach + assistants, depending on one player for help.
doesn't that just make ur belly turn.
arsenal sucks,. . . thats the fact
wenger sucks more . . . . thats a juicier fact.

so will henry remain in arsenal till the end of his career i wonder wat song wenger would start crying when his messiah finally comes to his senses and decides to leave.

but till then, however how long that is, let him continue being the messiah in the wilderness
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:11pm On Nov 30, 2006
That explains the adulterous nature of the average blue, innit? Me rethink options? God forbid! I remain undauntedly a Gooner 4 life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 5:59pm On Nov 30, 2006
justkunmi:

isn't that a shame?? a whole team of more than 20 players + coach + assistants, depending on one player for help.

and who in the world told you that,

justkunmi:

arsenal sucks,. . . thats the fact

NO JK's manutd sucks

justkunmi:

wenger sucks more . . . . thats a juicier fact.

I think JK sucks even more

justkunmi:

so will henry remain in arsenal till the end of his career

U do the mathematics yourself

justkunmi:

i wonder what song wenger would start crying when his messiah finally comes to his senses and decides to leave.

He won't cry, and we don't need a messiah, we don't even have a messiah,

justkunmi:

let him continue being the messiah in the wilderness

like i said, we don't have a messiah, we have messiahs, and thats the team,

JK, u really disappoint me with your post,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 7:41am On Dec 01, 2006
justkunmi:

ARSENAL PLS, COME BACK TO UR WINNING WAYS AND MAKE THE EPL INTERESTING AGAIN. . . . .

ONE UNITED

JK,
u r a man of jittery decisions tongue grin
i think i understand why u said this prayer at first.

cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:08pm On Dec 01, 2006
Right guys enough of this going to other threads stuff!!

It's find some solutions Friday.

I and some Gooner mates who are in the UK have decided to join the campaign as Supporters to let the Prof know how we feel (believe me Fans reactions mattter As this letter from a fellow Gooner who attended the Fulham game goes. I got this from Ian Grant on Myles Palmer's site)

[b]ANR reader David Rooney writes:

Very interesting - for the first time in a very long time I heard Arsenal fans booing a player after making a mistake - Alex Song misplaced his umpteenth pass and a lot of people booed him.

Wenger turned and stared at the Arsenal fans and looked visibly stunned. I think he took him off at halftime more to protect him than due to his poor performance but it was a wake-up call for Wenger.

He should read a book called the 'Wisdom of Crowds' which is fascinating and true. It gives loads of examples through time where the consensus of the unauthoritative many has been shown to contradict the views of individual experts in their fields and yet have been proved to be right.

Forget the subject of booing players which is awful - but the 'judgment' of the many was right - the crowd were not booing a poor pass - they were saying you are not good enough to wear the Arsenal shirt - Wenger at least was bright enough to understand - barring an awful run of injuries and suspensions, Alex Song has played his last first team game for Arsenal and I hope he finds a decent team more suited to his abilities as he didn't deserve the treatment his own fans gave him.[/b]

From

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/index.php/news/424/42.html

I really believe we all have to start letting the Manager know that all these gambles he is taking, is showing us that he is taking the fans for granted. My guys say a lot of fans are now saying that they will start to boo any player that is not performing (which was an unheard of thing with Gooners shocked)

My views are, since we are not sure the Manager reads blogs and sport sites, the only way he will know what the fans are thinking is the reaction he gets from the supporters at the stadium, as we can see from the above, it worked in getting that Rubbish Boy SONG off the pitch.

So lets discuss cool (Kit sorry for the long post as you are on the mobile phone sad)

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by olodo(m): 12:18pm On Dec 01, 2006
when bolton beat us somebody recomended 21 day fasting for our darling team but we did not take it serious, right now am going to recomend as folow
21days fasting for the entire team SO THAT WE CAN RETURN TO WINNING WAYS

3 days dry fasting for wenger and lehman ,so that wenger will stop experimenting with the team, this is not a stage to experiment
also lehman will stop behaving as if is bewitched

we also need another stong and good goal keeper to give lehman a fight for the shirt right now he thinks he the best in the whole of europe
after the world cup he has been lakadastical except for the match against man disunited

PLEASE IF YOU LOVE OUR GREAT TEAM LET START THE FASTING TODAY

THE STORM WILL SOON BE OVER.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:20pm On Dec 01, 2006
First issue Tactics

What do you all feel about this, i have said it that 4-5-1 is a problem, we can use it sparingly, but we don't need it all the time. We are better with 4-4-2.

But do we really have the players to play a strict 4-4-2 formation or 4-3-3 as Cesc
wants here

http://www.arsenal-mania.com/news/3103261/Fabregas-Tactics-confusing-us.html

What do you all think? 4-5-1 or 4-4-2

Many gooners say they will start a chant for 4-4-2 at the stadium if they notice we are playing a rigid 4-5-1

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:39pm On Dec 01, 2006
4-5-1 means we dont have the adequate personnel, simple! Why not 4-3-3 at worst where you would just suffocate the opponents out of their midfield and ensuring the wingers are up to the task of helping out the midfield and defence, and ideally yet lets see how we can mould Rosicky and Hleb in the Pires-que fashion that had done most of the damage for us, allowing Henry play off Van Persie to give him a roaming space, this in a 4-4-2 formation
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 2:31pm On Dec 01, 2006
playing a 4-3-3 formation could be of a slight disadvantage because Arsene Wenger hardly plays that formation, what he uses mostly is the 4-4-2 which has been helpful for us.
Don't critisize our recent 4-5-1 formation our coach has been using of recent cos it was the same formation we used to defeat Man utd at OT so i think our low perfomance has to be focused either on the players the coach fielded on the pitch or the fitness of the players.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:01pm On Dec 01, 2006
Oga Marlet cool

Lets not be decieved. The 4-5-1 works when you don't allow the other team to score you in the first 10 mins. The game with the scum didn't produce a goal till the 84th min. so we could use that tactics to good effect like we did in the CL last season.

Unfortunately the team now begs people to score them first and then the new one. In the first 10 mins. This mean we begin to panic as now we have to chase a goal., or is that 2 goals like the Fulham bolton game. The team now gets confused as to what tactics to use now. as they were set up with 4-5-1 in mind. so there becomes a shift to 4-4-2.

If you read the Cesc Statements i provided he said that the tactics and change in tactics were confusing them.

Wenger should stick to 1 tactic that the team gets us to, then when he makes subs, he can then let them know how he wants the team to perform.

4-5-1 is a defensive ploy. 4-4-2 is an attacking ploy

Arsenal need to be the ones scoring the early goals and then force teams to play and open up the game more.

Other issues in subsequent posts coming up. Lets keep the dscussion going chaps. As every gooner with a pc is discussing on every Arsenal forum there is, so yu realise there is a situation that has to be addressed

We need to let the gaffer know how we feel about the recent debacle.

Like i said, listen out. fans have sworn to chant 4-4-2 from the stands when they see this rubbish 4-5-1 isn't working

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 3:24pm On Dec 01, 2006
Lee Laccoca once said "you must do unpopular things to solve great problems" the 4-5-1 has outlived its usefulness and must be allowed a break, it has become appaling to watch us struggle 4rm behind, Wenger should eat the humble pie, drop the bleeping 451 and lets get on with our 442, FFS how do you expect Henry would always perform using the shitty formation? He should send on loan Adebayo & Song(abi na music?) and bench Lehmann for 3 matches for shipping in 5 goals in 2 matches, all in all lets say a big yes to f-f-2
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal(m): 3:37pm On Dec 01, 2006
For Bleep Sake,

Wenger is an idiot.
How can a team like Arsenal known to play fluid attacking football suddenly goes defensive with dud formations.
Its like Barca playing 4-5-1, isn't that sick?
Its up to Arsenal fans if they cannot snuff out the 4-5-1 formation on their next matchday.
A team playing at home should be the one trying to score and not trying to be defensive for 90 mins.

I really wanna see Arsenal up there to make this contest lively but they keep disappointing me.
Arsenal V Spurs should be explosive but i hope Wenger wont make same mistakes again.
Henry and Gallas will be greatly missed but Arsenal will do their fans some good if they score as early as possible.
It will be sacrilegious should Spurs record a victory on the new Emirates stadium.
A word is enough for the WISE.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:07pm On Dec 01, 2006
Second Issue gooners: PERSONNEL

Now i have said so much of this in the past. so no need for any major rant here. What i do feel is the defence needs either a shake up or consistency instead of changing players each game (baring injuries)

My ideal defensive senario is Lauren/Toure/Gallas/Clicy

i feel we should buy Curtis Davis NOW!! not tomoorow Mr Wenger but now in the up coming transfer window- We can then have Djourou/Senderos/Hoyte as back up

Midfield. Well i feel we are blessed there (like i said its the tactics being used that is our downfall) I also feel enough is enough. Goodbye Song!! Goodbye Freddie. Well we can keep Flamster as swuad member, What do you all feel about a bid for SWP (won't get him i know as its the Russians. but pissing Jose off won't go amiss either)

We have the Beast/Diaby coming back so no problems in that department. Do we need Ribery

Attack. Well no problem. this i also blame on tactics being adopted by the gaffer. Will he buy Torres I doubt as we have Lupoli and Benderther coming back, also A Stokes is doing well on loan. Ade (Akinbayi) Bayor i don't know what to do about him. What do you all think fellow Gooners cool

Anyway you all should take your time and read this article from David Pleat, would have pasted it, but its too long. so please take time and read. As they say "Its a must read"

http://football.guardian.co.uk/Columnists/Column/0,,1961591,00.html

If it doesn't open just go to guardian.co.uk/ the article by David Pleat, like i said its a must read by all Gooners cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 5:41pm On Dec 01, 2006
I swear if Henry bleeps up tomorrow I will boo him.

He is the captain and we need him to inspire the team to overcome foolish teams like fulham.

If he is not up to it he should hand the captaincy to Toure or Lehsman self.

angry angry angry angry

I swear nairalanders do not be shocked to see me on TV jumping on the pitch to land some slaps on our misfiring gunners.

angry angry angry angry

Arsenal are just making my life miserable at work.

Na so so mouth people dey wash for my body.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:49pm On Dec 01, 2006
Errr Oga V cool

Sorry to bust your bubble there but

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,1961927,00.html

Better find another player to boo tommorow cause TH is out until our trip to Moscow FC at the Bridge.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!!! Lets be having Ya!! cool

Can we beat the Spuds with out TH14 Well we beat the Scum at home without him, so knock on wood everyone cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 5:54pm On Dec 01, 2006
Damn!! I better change my fantasy league o!!

Man dey suffer o!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 6:00pm On Dec 01, 2006
Oga V cool

Wetin you go say about me then He is the captain of mine. and i am not allowed to change my captain cry so no bonus points for me. Double Damn angry

coolGOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 9:00pm On Dec 01, 2006
an inspired Arsenal team can also overcome without Thierry Henry, they have done it before and they will do it again.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:49pm On Dec 01, 2006
We would win 2moro, failing which i would meekly suspend myself from sports board for 3 days!

(1) (2) (3) ... (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.