Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,796 members, 7,866,094 topics. Date: Thursday, 20 June 2024 at 11:23 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (518255 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:11pm On May 02, 2008
Welcome back, i dey ok
i knew you would come here tongue grin

You are in the UCL finals, you have the opportunity of wining a double this season .

Grin all you want o cheesy

our turn is coming soon and very soon cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DrDre1(m): 11:26pm On May 02, 2008
@ Mukina2
Which turn are you talking about Muki? grin tongue
You said almost the same thing last season (lol)
Anyways, how are you? smiley
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:37pm On May 02, 2008
I am fine smiley

We would have done the same this year but refs+badluck+injury to dudu . cost us so much and the drawtilities sad

I hope you guys can join us grin I would be overjoyed grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by DrDre1(m): 11:59pm On May 02, 2008
@ Mukina2
Good to hear you're fine
What's these stories you're telling me now Muki? tongue
Every team had their share of that this season too (except for maybe the badluck though) grin
Join you?
Please, you need a visit to the clinic Muki.
Come around and let me give you some pills. grin
You've started your hallucinations again grin tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:23am On May 03, 2008
one fantastic season for the Flamster and y'all feel letting him go will be bad for him

sorry to burst ur bubbles . . .I RECKON WITH PLAYERS THAT MAKE THEIR MARK ALL THRU SEASONS NOT JUST 30-SOMETHING MATCHES !
cool

Gilberto was fantastic last season, was even more instrumental to Arsenal coming second and was voted 2nd best player behind FAB4 last season . . .what became his plight this season

I wonder why the likes of Diaby and Bendtner are not applying to go to either Derby or Fulham grin grin

seriously WE MIGHT NOT WIN NADA NEXT SEASON IF WENGER CONTINUES WITH THIS IDIOTIC POLICY OF HIS cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 5:15am On May 03, 2008
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:49am On May 03, 2008
@tosinadeda

It just goes to show how hard it is 2 manage Arsenal @ the moment. We do not have the kinda cash Chelsea, Utd, & L'Pool have cos they've got foreign (investment) owners, they can afford 2 make players expensive with huge wages, but Arsenal is run with income generated solely by the Club.

So when we say is Arsenal a rich Club, it is because of what it is worth(assets it generates), I'd like 2 think Wenger would like 2 buy players expensively with huge wages as well, but in reality he cant really do that when Utd n co are in the pic, I think thts why Edelman had 2 be forced 2 leave cos since we can't compete financially, at least we need someone with good football contacts to help with Players contracts. It was a load on Wenger.

So in Flamini's case, Arsenal wont break bank for him unfortunately, that will mean doing same for others (which they can't afford), so its understandable if he wants leave. its a little sad anyway that Arsenal's top earners are paid a fraction of the sums enjoyed by their Barclays Premier League rivals: Cesc Fabregas banks £70,000 a week, whereas Ballack, in Chelsea , earns about double that.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vikiviko(m): 10:56am On May 03, 2008
Poor Arsenal , you are allowing your best legs to go again, can't afford 144,000 weekly for Flamini.

Next season will be worse.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 11:02am On May 03, 2008
vikiviko:

Poor Arsenal , you are allowing your best legs to go again, can't afford 144,000 weekly for Flamini.

Next season will be worse.
Flamini can as well leave. He should make up his mind quickly so we know wt's up.
Same was said last season, we actually made improvements from last season.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 12:11pm On May 03, 2008
Same was said about Viera and Thierry Henry when they were leaving but didnt we come out stronger?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 12:25pm On May 03, 2008
@ Ayusman,

How have u come stronger?
What have u won since Vieira and Thierry Henry left?
Y'all Arsenal fans make me laugh . . . . .

Wenger cannot hold on to Flamini. . . . . Who knows? Cesc Fabregas might leave too as Barca is plotting to scoop him away from the Emirates.
The whole team has been driven to disarray by a useless team manager known as Wenger.

I feel sorry for Gaynners. . . . Arsenal will finish TROPHYLESS again.
Who's gonna be y'all ANCHOR MAN if Flamster leaves? Diaby?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 12:31pm On May 03, 2008
no point talking with Jackal, his biased mind is self opinionated, he's always right!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mavtrevor(m): 1:32pm On May 03, 2008
and you seem to forget that Arsenal has been very lucky in cases like this, when Viera was about leaving you'll shouted that it's going to be the end of Arsenal, then came Flam. Thiery left and you all shouted that Arsenal is never going to score anymore goals- take a look at our goal statistics, there is no much difference,beign so because of the contribution of our midfield in scoring goals in the days of Pires and Wiltord etc.

Flam's form has just being for a season, he can lose it by next season,then what, any player has the right to decide where he wants to play, if he leaves Arsenal will definitely get a replacement because we are never going to play with 10 players per match.

Why all the fuss about Flam leaving? If Hleb want to join him, then let them go, there are definitely players who can replace them and our game will still remain the best in the world.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by bgees(m): 3:02pm On May 03, 2008
i dont mean to interrupt ,
but can someone help me with this picture. i have touble interpreting it

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 3:19pm On May 03, 2008
nani is obviously feeling neill's nuts, tevez goes to intercept, thinkin its apparently gross
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 3:35pm On May 03, 2008
@ Mystikal,

In ur mind's eye. . . . u believe Arsenal is better without Vieira and Henry? Y'all Gaynners are a joke.
What have u won since Patrick Vieira left Arsenal? U have won nuthing so what makes u feel Arsenal are now better placed.
How can Wenger let Flamini leave for anutha club? Its insanity at the highest level.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 6:52pm On May 03, 2008
@ Jackal

there is no guarantee that Arsenal would be winning trophies if Vieira was still with us, Cesc might never have been discovered.
C'mon there was really no point hanging on to Henry, he's not the player he once was, with injuries and personal probs, and besides there's no point holding onto a player tht wants to leave. We could very much use the 13 million
There's something u lots dont understand and that is arsenal does not have the priviledge of Sugar dadies millions, like utd n co, all our income has been generated as a club, and we still have our debts. so it would be "morally wrong" to go out of our wage structure just because of Flamini, 60k a week is a good deal to me.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 7:18pm On May 03, 2008
@ Mystikal,

There's 100% guarantee that Arsenal woulda won something if Vieira and other old boys had been retained.
What the Gaynners seriously lack is leadership which Vieira-Henry-Ljunberg could have provided.

Fabregas was already acquired. . . . there is no way he wouldn't have been discovered because Vieira would suffer injuries and age aint on his side.
Man Utd is still keeping faith with Neville, Silvestre, Giggs and Scholes so what are we talking about here.
Players like this have tasted titles. . . they know exactly what is needed when pressure mounts unlike buncha unproven featherweights that predominate the present squad.

On the issue of funds, what are u talking about?
Arsenal charge the highest gate-taking in the whole UK. . . . . .94 odd pounds per seat and 3 million pounds generated every matchday.
Wenger sold Henry, Vieira, Ljunberg, Lauren and co and what did he buy to replace the old guards? Diaby n other pillocks. . . .
He will not win any title if he does not change his policy. . . . Cheap players will definitely produce mediocre performance.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 7:37pm On May 03, 2008
@ Jackal

yeah, the funds u just mentioned are there, but that is just enough, but its not really enough to secure players of the over 100k per week statue. You'll need more than over 3mill pounds from gate takings, the millions from transfers, the Utds, L'pools, and chelseas wouldnt afford such massive wages and tranfers with these incomes alone without external millions.

Well maybe you are right about the Vieira/leadership issue, I admit to fearing Arsenal would not even make the top 4 before the season and I still have those same fears nx year(hope they prove me wrong agian), Anyway, my point is that Arsenal are not yet a powerhouse but are well on the way and this has been done the only way possible. Powerhouses a la Man U/Chelsea of recent vintage, Barcelona/Madrid of a bit further back and AC Milan/Juventus etc. before then are generally built with mature players and loads of money. Arsenal are not there on the money front YET and are contending with (relative) youngsters who look like growing into a solid nucleus. If they can keep it together and plug the odd superstar in as well, this may be the formula for success but will certainly allow the financial side to grow so that Arsenal CAN be a powerhouse, competing to buy the best players and emulate the Man U's/Chelsea's of the world.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 8:14pm On May 03, 2008
has any1 heard that Gerrard Houllier is 2 replace Edelman? just heard it from a mate, i need to confirm the gist!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:39pm On May 03, 2008
If Flamini wants to go let him go if what he has played this season is not enough to give him a raise then i guess Arsenal's case is hopeless.What i dont understand is if they dont have enough cash to pay players or sign the best why dont they sell tho those billionaire's that wanted to buy Usmanov,Ecclestone et al.We are only a few trophyless seasons away from empty stadiums and Wenger getting the boot
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:06pm On May 03, 2008
@ Mystikal,

This issue is not even about money. . . .
It's all about Wenger's crazy youth policy and his hatred for English players.
We all know teams like Ajax in the mid-90s and Man Utd in the early 90s all won titles with young players but times have changed now . . .
Other teams are not stagnant but Wenger is. . . .

He cares more about making money for the club than spending big.
Aiiiight, aiight. . . . .lets even assume Wenger does not have the spending power of Chelski and Man Utd. . . .what about budding English players of 2-3 years ago? Lennon, Crouch, Agbonlahor, Ashley Young etc. . . . . .
If u know how much all these players were worth before joining their current clubs then u will be gobsmacked at Wenger's transfer policy.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:09pm On May 03, 2008
i wouldnt call asking for 144k per week he's reported 2 be asking for a reasonable raise, what happens when other players begin 2 demand for same level raises, it won't help given our situation.

with the structures already in place its just a little time before Arsenal really becomes that kinda club that can afford to play with 30-35 million on transfers, Arsenal can really become independent financially and competitive as well in a little less than 3 yrs, we're not really in a bad position, we were still competitive in d league, narrowly lost a semifinal place in the CL, external takeover is not really needed now seriously. It doesnt even guarantee Success, so,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:16pm On May 03, 2008
I dont get it, U saying he shd have acquired these players, cos they're English, , U can't have everyplayer in your team

Whats with English Players in ur team anyway, if they're really good, they'd be @ Euro 2008
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:32pm On May 03, 2008
I dont get it when u attack Wenger unreasonably, of course I'll admit he's made some mistakes in his time, but truth is not many managers would still remain competitive as he is even with a shoe string budget. we were really not far behind utd/ chelsea in d league, and we only just lost the semifinal place in the CL narrowly. Until you u understand the Arsenal boardroom, you'll never understand the Guy, he deserves some praise.

now if u must know, Arsene really would like to sign "these quality players", but the boardroom has a huge part 2 play. Ribery and Pato practically eluded us cos the boardroom wouldnt act effectively http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2008/may/02/arsenal.premierleague
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 9:36pm On May 03, 2008
@ Mystikal,

Negative!!!!

Good players dont always make good teams. . . .
If England had a manager like Ferguson, they would be in Euro 2008. . . . .England didn't make the Euro 2008 cos they hired a joke of a manager.
The English players in Man Utd are the best around. . . .Rio, Hargreaves, Scholes, Carrick, Ben Foster and Rooney are all top draw.

I am not saying Wenger sgould have acquired those players cos they were English. . . .
All i am saying is Wenger should have added quality to his team without spending as much as he spends bringing in African players like Eboue.
Aaron Lennon was 1 million quid as at 2005 . . .12 months later, he made the world cup team. . . . Peter Crouch was less than a million when he was @ Southampton. . . . .Ashley Young was at WATFORD last season. . . .Why can't Wenger catch players like these young and blend into his team?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 10:15pm On May 03, 2008
@ Jackal
Eboue was a good bargain, he was about 1.5 million pounds and he's a good right full back, maybe not that effective as a winger.
toure cost arsenal 150k, he's been useful so far
U can't possibly have all the cheap players in ur team, or the best young players in ur team, we've had some young players @ the moment, they didnt have 2 be english.

Arsenal's presnt position is not that bad, ok they,ve been trophyless for some time, but we just narrowly lost the fight for the premiership, apparently Utd had a better squad than us this year and deserve the league, but it still holds a lotta promise for the future.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Jackal1(m): 11:23pm On May 03, 2008
mystikal:

@ Jackal

Arsenal's presnt position is not that bad, ok they,ve been trophyless for some time, but we just narrowly lost the fight for the premiership, apparently Utd had a better squad than us this year and deserve the league, but it still holds a lotta promise for the future.

This is ma problem with Arsenal. . . . U guys love talking about the FUTURE as if other teams will remain stagnant and watch u guys shoot off.
Lil did u know other teams are prepping for next season as well.

Ferguson is going to the market to get Bosingwa, Huntelaar and maybe a deputy left back to deputise for Patrice Evra.
Chelsea will prolly buy 6-8 players. . . . .Avram Grant was handed a 100 million pounds cheque to get players. . . . .
It's like the survival of the richest in the Premiership these days so i cannot see Arsenal matching their rivals. . . .
Obviously, a team like Arsenal will show loads of resilence at the start of the season but the quality of their rivals will tell in the final lap.

What Wenger needs to do is to get more bodies into that team. . . . .They dont have to be 10 million pounds players.
Any player in the region of 1-2 million quid with the ability of Hleb should do. . . .
If Blackburn can get Santa Cruz on free transfer then Wenger should be able to nick 3-4 players in Europe with a similar ability.
No squad with 10-15 players can win the Premiership.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 9:03am On May 04, 2008
Avram Grant was given a hundred million pounds for the transfer market.

From this he wants to lure in Messi for 80 million pounds and will be left with just 20 million pounds.

Can 20 million pounds buy 5 more players?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by amodu(m): 9:13am On May 04, 2008
It was reported today that Mathew Flamini has penned a 4 year deal with AC Milan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 10:28am On May 04, 2008
Goodluck to him!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 11:22am On May 04, 2008
amodu:

Avram Grant was given a hundred million pounds for the transfer market.

From this he wants to lure in Messi for 80 million pounds and will be left with just 20 million pounds.

Can 20 million pounds buy 5 more players?
Do people still think like this? How can you say he wants to buy a player for eighty million pounds?
Or does Messi have a V8 engine in his legs?
My dayz, please quit the Complete Sports analysis
No player will be bought at a price above £45mil till Bill Gates buys Derby County. . .

(1) (2) (3) ... (543) (544) (545) (546) (547) (548) (549) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.