Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,663 members, 7,862,043 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 07:07 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (567) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517564 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 3:25pm On May 22, 2008
@ Eldee,

Anyone can be called the next Zidane or Maradona. . . . .
The media spew buffoonery everytime to sell their classless tabloids.
U wanna compare Benzema to Nasri? Nasri will cost y'all 15 mil Euros. . . .How much do u think Benzema will go for?
Blimey. . . . .do the math!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 3:36pm On May 22, 2008
Xerxes.:

@ Eldee,

Anyone can be called the next Zidane or Maradona. . . . .
The media spew buffoonery everytime to sell their classless tabloids.
You want to compare Benzema to Nasri? Nasri will cost y'all 15 mil Euros. . . .How much do u think Benzema will go for?
Blimey. . . . .do the math!!!!!!
Obvioulsy, he plays for Lyon, a UCL class team
If they want to release him, he'll be round 18-20mil
You can't really use that to judge both of em, a 20-year old playmaker is scarce to find in football
But a twenty year old midfield hot-prospect is out-of-this-world
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 3:49pm On May 22, 2008
@ Eldee,

Benzema is the next big team in France. Nasri is mediocre.
Although, i believe Wenger can turn him around to be a good player but we still have to wait. . . . .
On what i have seen so far, he is just another Flamini or Diaby. Nothing spectacular and please the French league is nowhere near CLASS.
Anderson is a better player! cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:09pm On May 22, 2008
@Xerxes
How can you compare Nasri's prospects to Flamini's?and you claim you know your footie.Flamini that has just managed to break into the B team after all this years
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 6:14pm On May 22, 2008
@ A-40,

I am too exhausted to drag this issue. U cannot compare a star in the French league to the generals of the Premiership.
Can Nasri get past Anderson, Hargreaves, Makelele, Mikel, Essien, Mascherano? Lets be honest. . . . . . .
He has a long way to go.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:46pm On May 22, 2008
@Xerxes
This guy has not even kicked a ball for Arsenal and you are already drawing conclusions.Thats utterly ridiculous
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Ibime(m): 7:22pm On May 22, 2008
eldee, Nasri was called the next Zidane three years ago while he was still seventeen. He hasn't lived up to it so far. You cannot compare him to Benzema at all. Anyway, he is flying in for medical today according to the Evening Standard.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 7:39pm On May 22, 2008
This just confirms what we have always said,Arsenal fans know as much about football as a goat knows about the theory of relativity.

Any person who watches Ligue 1 will know that Nasri is no where near world-class at the moment.Someone even noted that he has been tagged "the next Zidane" . . . . . so also where Steed Malbranque,Bruno Cheyrou and Anthony Le Tallec.

Folks google things and pretend they know what they are talking about.Nasir may well turn out to be a world-class player later in the future but at the moment,he is not a solution to Arsenal's problems in the short-term.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:40pm On May 22, 2008
Does he have to be the next Zidane to make his mark?I am not impressed by names all i want is players that can do it on the pitch.Has Leo Messi lived up to his Maradona hype? how about Freddy Adu? the press just do this stuff to kill players careers making crazy comparisons that puts these players under unneccessary pressure
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kalou: 9:44pm On May 22, 2008
We are coming back nxt season.gunners 4life
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:46pm On May 22, 2008
Nasri's form has been average at best this season, truth be told - and interrupted by injuries. The press even started getting on his back for his less than spectacular performances. He isn't world class at the moment, but what does AW say he wants to sign? Thats right, you got it - TALENT. Which is what this boy has and will develop properly at Arsenal

A solution to Arsenal's problems in the short term? Maybe not, but he can make a significant contribution in my mind. And like A-40 said, he doesn't have to be 'world class' or the 'next Zidane' to make an impact on the team. The conclusions being drawn ARE ridiculous.

So many people thought Sag who? When he was signed - the most interesting thing was how his first name would be signed Bakari or Bakary or Bacari grin grin grin now the rest is history. No one is saying Samir will instantly be a hit like Sagna or anything, but all these 'all knowing' comments have been heard before and were proven false in the end.

Its not as if Torres was scoring 24 goals in Spain before he left, but we knew he had TALENT and has brought it to bear now. Different surroundings, playing at a higher level and superior coaching will bring the best out of Samir.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2008
Sometimes I wonder why manure fans are so much interested in the Arsenal.
Concerned about wage structure, internal wranglings,player's defection etc,
Now even bothered about Nasri or Nasir grin grin whatever, being world class or not (Whoever opined that he was world class or the short or long term solution to Arsenal's problems).
Strangely, he's not even be signed yet grin
The tag of new this, new that would always be giving by the Press to hype footballers.If they don't, how will their tabloids sell? grin grin grin grin
Djemba(2ce) was hyped to be the long term replacement for Keano
Nasri ain't an Arsenal player yet, so what's the fuss
If he becomes one, all well and good, hope he develops and becomes anotther Arsenal great
If he doesn't, good luck and hope he lives up to the 'next Zidane' bill.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 1:05pm On May 23, 2008
4 Play:

This just confirms what we have always said,Arsenal fans know as much about football as a goat knows about the theory of relativity.

Any person who watches Ligue 1 will know that Nasri is no where near world-class at the moment.Someone even noted that he has been tagged "the next Zidane" . . . . . so also where Steed Malbranque,Bruno Cheyrou and Anthony Le Tallec.

Folks google things and pretend they know what they are talking about.Nasir may well turn out to be a world-class player later in the future but at the moment,he is not a solution to Arsenal's problems in the short-term.
Come to think of it, there was no place where I mentioned that I saw Nasri play
Infact the only times I've seen him at top game are the couple of internationals he's been in.
Apart from that it's just the clips from Sky Sports, Arsenal TV and that's it.

My point is that, with the few cameos I've seen of him, there's no way any sane person can term him a mediocre.
It's a very simple thing, watch his clips, and tell me you don't see some Zizou-esque traits in him
Tell me you don't see talent, I promise you, it'll be the last time any Arsenal fan will talk about him.
But to just stand up and say, 'he cannot make an impact in the Arsenal team' or 'he is sum next mediocre dude' is just BS.
As I said before, he's not the only player AW will sign.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 3:42pm On May 23, 2008
eldee:

Come to think of it, there was no place where I mentioned that I saw Nasri play
Infact the only times I've seen him at top game are the couple of internationals he's been in.
Apart from that it's just the clips from Sky Sports, Arsenal TV and that's it.

My point is that, with the few cameos I've seen of him, there's no way any sane person can term him a mediocre.
It's a very simple thing, watch his clips, and tell me you don't see some Zizou-esque traits in him
Tell me you don't see talent, I promise you, it'll be the last time any Arsenal fan will talk about him.
But to just stand up and say, 'he cannot make an impact in the Arsenal team' or 'he is sum next mediocre dude' is just BS.
As I said before, he's not the only player AW will sign.

Eldee, u don't have Setanta sports? I watch Nasri play every weekend.
The French Ligue can be very boring with so many Africans playing but i still find time to watch Lyon, Marseille and sometimes PSG.
Nasri is not the finished articles at all. . . . . In all honesty, he is far behind Anderson, Diaby, Lucas and even Mikel Obi.

@ HNIC,

We can bloody talk about whichever Gaynner-ish club we wish. . . . .
Y'all come to our threads to GLOAT when the going was good, . . . so many moronic predictions from the Gaynners.
United will relegate, Arsenal will win the EPL by December and reh reh reh. . . . .
Who has got the last laugh now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 4:56pm On May 23, 2008
HNIC:

Sometimes I wonder why manure fans are so much interested in the Arsenal.
Are u ok? Pls lemme know asap.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 5:06pm On May 23, 2008
Debo
We no dey war front abeg.
Coolu tempa jare
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 5:27pm On May 23, 2008
whaooooooo

just modified user names
nothing has changed after all

kpsshhhhhhhhhhh
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 5:56pm On May 23, 2008
@Xerxes
How can you call Eduardo crap?Nani,Anderson and Hargreaves put together didnt make as much impact as he did before his horrific injury save for Tevez.Basically you guys didnt no nada about Sagna before he was signed so i dont think we need your opinion on Nasri either but bloody hell we have not even signed him yet.
Anderson the best young midfielder in the world? you had me in stitches with that one
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:04pm On May 23, 2008
@jeje
Where you been?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 6:22pm On May 23, 2008
@a40
i kinda forgot the url of this site.
am havin selective amnesia.

so whats up?

as i can already see,i didnt miss much.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 6:50pm On May 23, 2008
@DEBOSKY
wink wink
its good to be back thou, there aint many places in the world where u can find the species on sporties
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:56pm On May 23, 2008
@Xerxes
Before you go all Pharisee on us i would be quick to remind you of how Patrice Evra was florred by Aaron Lennon i mean this dude practically prostrated for Lennon so what are you on about.Sagna was excellent with or without Eboue.
On Eduardo i think you didnt see the tackle well?That tackle was potentially career-ending.Go ask Ronaldo
Besides I think Chelsea need your advice on who to sign than we do because all their signings have been catastrophic.Ben Haim,Sidwell,Pizarro,Anelka,Malouda these guys would make the starting 11 for the worst signings of the season

@jeje
Naa waa ooh!! your absence made tongues wag now especially after our season crumbled.You know how quick those Anti-Arsenal folks are to run their mouth

@debosky
Any clue on who Arsene is gunning for next?Maybe he is waiting on the Euro's to go down before he makes one or two buys
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:04pm On May 23, 2008
I also forget to ask the latest on Hleb i think we can scam Barca again lets sell him for 20mil
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 7:22pm On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

@ A-40,
Sagna played better with Eboue ahead of him than anyone because they double-beam wingers. . . . . It was proven time n time again during the season.
Even wenger said it and that was why he use Eboue more that TW.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 7:33pm On May 23, 2008
@ Jackal

I can't help you anymore, is it completely incomprehensible for you to understand that pseudo-pathological means 'approaching-pathological state' - It means your lying is getting outta hand, I can't help you if your head is so far up your ass that you can't decipher that. tongue

That Sagna did better WITH Eboue does not mean that was the reason he had a great season - Eboue complimented his game, but he had mad game all on his OWN geddit? tongue

No one is buying your revisionist nonsensical reasoning here. bottle it and shut up. tongue

@ A-40

things are happening behind the scenes - when all the brouhaha about the CL finals have died down, you will see one or two signings before the Euros and the final two afterwards.

Hleb's agent is playing to the gallery, trying to get the highest prize for his player. My wager is that all this talk of Madrid and the rest will scare off Inter and the foolish agent will come back to arsenal to try to renegotiate a new deal. I don't think he's going to go.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:38pm On May 23, 2008
@Xerxes
He must have been ridiculed a few more times but Lennon's came to mind instantly.I insist Eboue should be back up to Sagna as his theatrics are downright irritating always clasping his palms like an Imam, it was an eyesore!!
I sincerely hope Eduardo recovers these tackles are tough to recover from ask Ronaldo or Owen.And i will tell you all Drogba did was give Vidic was a pat on the cheek.English refrees are a confused bunch do you wonder why none of them will be at the Euros? it was a tackle deserving a red and Taylor and his Birmingham cohorts are paying for their sins by their relegation

@presido
Who cares what Wenger says if he likes let him play Eboue on the right wing next season.How can a serious team be using such player on the right wing i mean from Pires now its Eboue this guy cant even cross anymore and you should see his finishing this is why we are trophyless in three seasons its due to Wenger's new found habit of playing people out of position

@debosky
Yeah i think he should wait for all this craziness to die down he should also keep his eye out on the Euros.I am just hoping Wenger can make good money off Hleb i mean his first good season and he is aching to go to Barca i think he should take some tips from Henry so he doesnt get lost in Spain
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 8:48pm On May 23, 2008
Xerxes.:

@ Debosky,

Xerxes not JACKAL. . . . . .Are u suffering from DYSLEXIA as well?

now dat is very hard to believe, why, because u used the word DYSLEXIA, only jackal uses that word.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 8:49pm On May 23, 2008
@ Lordimpaq,

Who is this Jackal? I have heard so much about him.
What is he and which club does he support? grin cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 9:16pm On May 23, 2008
now i believe u lying!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lordimpaq(m): 9:35pm On May 23, 2008
now he's lying,

c'mon tell mummy, you got banned again uh?,, same ol jackl' gettin himself banned again, cool stuff,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:40pm On May 23, 2008
i beleive the topic reads for Gunners only, undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by jejelolatu(f): 9:47pm On May 23, 2008
i wonder wats going thru wengers mind,weve lost flamini, hleb is going and we still dont know who if hes ready to buy a super player.
and this nasri guy,

@a40
trust dem to always run dem mouths.
have always bin above that, the air outside this site is definetely fresher wink wink

there seems to be a lot of bouts on nl,am trying to keep an eye on all the proceedings-u neva know wen u wd hear something that mite come handy later. wink grin
@mukina
hey girl.hope u got ur badge and probably a gun? grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) (569) (570) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.