Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,327 members, 7,839,554 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 10:33 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (564) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512859 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 12:32am On May 17, 2008
@ Vicade,

Please, don't compare players the way u are harping about it. Sheeeesh* Veron wasn't a flop at Man Utd. He didn't stay long enough to realise his potentials. If Adebayor had left Arsenal last season, we would all be here saying he is crap. Veron spent only 2 seasons at Man Utd, i don't think that is enough to say he is crap. Wayne Rooney? Crap!!!! It seems u don't know your football. How old was Rooney at Everton? In a season Rooney got injured three different times, i wouldn't say he is crap. Last season, he scored the same goals as Ronaldo so what is your point?

Cesc Fabregas is talent and reh reh reh. . . It took him 4 years to be what he is today. How many goals did Cesc score last season and what was his contribution? If Cesc had left last summer, u won't be saying all these things. Ballack was labelled to be a massive flop but would u say that considering his contributions in the last few weeks? Are u saying Adebayor is now better than van Persie because RVP has never scored 15 league goals in his entire career? Rooney plays for the team, Ronaldo plays for himself. So now, u can list Clichy, Toure and all those mediocre players in Arsenal as talents.

What about Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Rio, Essien,  Henry, Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo and other big money players?

@ Mc Omo,

Saha scored 20 league goals in 03/04 season. I'm sure he was close to 30 goals if u add FA cup and Carling cup goals. When Saha is fit, he delivers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 12:55am On May 17, 2008
hucarson:

@ Vicade,

Please, don't compare players the way u are harping about it. Sheeeesh* Veron wasn't a flop at Man Utd. He didn't stay long enough to realise his potentials. If Adebayor had left Arsenal last season, we would all be here saying he is crap. Veron spent only 2 seasons at Man Utd, i don't think that is enough to say he is crap. Wayne Rooney? Crap!!!! It seems u don't know your football. How old was Rooney at Everton? In a season Rooney got injured three different times, i wouldn't say he is crap. Last season, he scored the same goals as Ronaldo so what is your point?

Cesc Fabregas is talent and reh reh reh. . . It took him 4 years to be what he is today. How many goals did Cesc score last season and what was his contribution? If Cesc had left last summer, u won't be saying all these things. Ballack was labelled to be a massive flop but would u say that considering his contributions in the last few weeks? Are u saying Adebayor is now better than van Persie because RVP has never scored 15 league goals in his entire career? Rooney plays for the team, Ronaldo plays for himself. So now, u can list[b] Clichy, Toure [/b] and all those mediocre players in Arsenal as talents.

What about Torres, Van Nistelrooy, Rio, Essien,  Henry, Ronaldo, Zidane, Figo and other big money players?

@ Mc Omo,

Saha scored 20 league goals in 03/04 season. I'm sure he was close to 30 goals if u add FA cup and Carling cup goals. When Saha is fit, he delivers.

You seem to be very intelligent in soccer.

Spending 27 million on veron then having to wait two seasons for him to perform.
It is okay for rooney(23) to take time to develop in his homeland but not okay for cesc(21)
cesc is the young pfa player of the year and made the pfa team not rooney
cesc scored 13 goals and 24 assists in all competitions
MENTION JUST ONE SEASON ROONEY HAS SCORED 20 PREMIER LEAGUE GOALS? A striker is a striker because he/she is suppose to strike the ball into the net as often as possibe.-Cesc is a midfielder and don't compare cesc to ronaldo because ronaaldo is a genius.
Rooney plays for the team and that justifies why he has never scored 20 LEAGUE goals? The day all the strikers in the world start playinfg for the team i wonder where all the goals will come from(Not every team has ronaldo wink
ballack signed on a free transfer
Adebayor is better than RVP now because i judge on CURRENT PERFORMANCE AND NOT REPUTATION-Ronaldinho at his peak can easily be the best in the world but as at today and maybe tomorrow, ronaldinho is no better than a Rosicky based on current performance and not reputation.

All these your if this left,i f that left i have one for you.
IF RONALDO LEFT AFTER THE WORLD CUP INCIDENT OF SENDING WAYNE ROONEY OFF WHERE WILL UNITED BE?

Calling toure and clichy mediocre is funny because those two were part of the unbeaten team that won the premiership in 03/04 cheesy. Try eboue and bendtner.

Saha scored 15 goals for fulham. Signed in the january transfer window for man u in the same season and scored only five goals from january till the end of the season-OH what a star in a big team.

, by the way how much did that boy kaka cost ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hucarson(m): 1:18am On May 17, 2008
@ Vicade,

Don't bore me with this argument. First all, how many seasons did it take Drogba to score 33 goals in a season? Was he not bought for 24 million? It sometimes take some players time to bed in especially South Americans like Veron. U even went on to say Rooney is 23? C'mon mate, Rooney is 22 and he is a better player than Cesc or whoever at Arsenal. I saw Wayne Rooney light up the stage at Euro 2004. He was shouldering the responsibility of his country at the age of 18. Where was Cesc or Van Persie or all those mediocre players at Arsenal in 2004?

The mistake u are making here is u think it's all about goal-scoring. In your mind's eye, Adebayor is better than Dennis Bergkamp and Tevez is better than Solskjaer. For players like Rooney, what governs them is not goals but the ability to create. How many times would u see Rooney shooting straight at net when he's got a team-mate in a better position to score? However, Ronaldo will shoot from all sorts of angles. Most times he misses, sometimes he scores which explains his high goal tally this season. Compare Rooney's assists as a striker to Ronaldo's assist(winger) and lets analyse.

Saha scored 15 for Fulham before January transfer, it means Louis Saha scored 15 goals in 19 league games for a mediocre club like Fulham. What does that tell u? Is he prolific or not? I am not sure either Adebayor, Ronaldo or Torres had 15 by January this season despite their goal-crazed campaign. Did i just hear u say Adebayor is better than Van Persie? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh********** that ends the argument. U have just poisoned my appetite to continue this.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 1:27am On May 17, 2008
hucarson:

@ Vicade,

Don't bore me with this argument. First all, how many seasons did it take Drogba to score 33 goals in a season? Was he not bought for 24 million? It sometimes take some players time to bed in especially South Americans like Veron. You even went on to say Rooney is 23? C'mon mate, Rooney is 22 and he is a better player than Cesc or whoever at Arsenal. I saw Wayne Rooney light up the stage at Euro 2004. He was shouldering the responsibility of his country at the age of 18. Where was Cesc or Van Persie or all those mediocre players at Arsenal in 2004?

The mistake u are making here is u think it's all about goal-scoring. In your mind's eye, Adebayor is better than Dennis Bergkamp and Tevez is better than Solskjaer. For players like Rooney, what governs them is not goals but the ability to create. How many times would u see Rooney shooting straight at net when he's got a team-mate in a better position to score? However, Ronaldo will shoot from all sorts of angles. Most times he misses, sometimes he scores which explains his high goal tally this season. Compare Rooney's assists as a striker to Ronaldo's assist(winger) and lets analyse.

Saha scored 15 for Fulham before January transfer, it means Louis Saha scored 15 goals in 19 league games for a mediocre club like Fulham. What does that tell u? Is he prolific or not? I am not sure either Adebayor, Ronaldo or Torres had 15 by January this season despite their goal-crazed campaign. Did i just hear u say Adebayor is better than Van Persie? Sheeeeeeeeeeeeeesh********** that ends the argument. You have just poisoned my appetite to continue this.

CURRENT PERFORMANCE OF ACTIVE PLAYERS AND NOT REPUTATION OF SUCH PLAYERS COUNT.
RONALDINHO AND KAKA HAVE STRONG REPUTATION BUT HOW HAVE THEY PERFORMED THIS SEASON?

YAWNS-GOOD MORNING
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:23am On May 17, 2008
Thank God the long debate is over,was afraid 't wasn't going to
thanks Vic and Huc though for whatever
[i][/i]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:30am On May 17, 2008
What does Diarra mean by not felling good enough @ the Emirates?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:33am On May 17, 2008
Portsmouth midfielder ‘didn’t feel good enough’ at Arsenal

Many have cited Arsene Wenger’s decision to allow Lassana Diarra leave in January as a reason why Arsenal lost some serious momentum in the Premier League title race. While it’s probably absurd to suppose that a squad player (albeit a very good one) was central to any hopes the Gunners had of winning the league, the Frenchman may well have been made to feel more welcome if Arsene Wenger had known that Mathieu Flamini was jumping ship to Milan before the season ended.

The Independent reveals that Diarra never felt as though he could please his former manager at The Emirates Stadium, despite what he felt were some very strong performances when he had the opportunity to play. The midfielder has a chance to be an FA Cup winner with Portsmouth this Saturday and doesn’t exactly have anything complimentary to say about his old club.

“I don’t think about Arsenal now, I am just focused on Portsmouth,” the 23-year-old Frenchman said as he prepared for Saturday’s FA Cup final at Portsmouth’s Hampshire training ground. “I left Arsenal because I wanted to play every week. When you are in the team, and even if you play well, the manager doesn’t put you on the pitch [for the next game] you have to do something. Every time he put me on the pitch I tried to do my best. For him, I don’t know if it was good enough, but for me…”

As we’ve pointed out in the past, Diarra certainly isn’t short of self-confidence and his performances in a Pompey shirt have been of a very high standard. Indeed, the Premier League outfit will be glad he’s in the team to face Cardiff, especially as a lack of firepower without the cup-tied Defoe means they might have to rely on winning by a solitary goal as they did in the semi-final against West Brom.

Did Arsene Wenger make a mistake in allowing Diarra to leave for the South Coast or was it a case of having his hands tied in so far as he couldn’t offer the player first-team football and the Frenchman wouldn’t hang around to try and hold down a place in the starting XI?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:36am On May 17, 2008
Heard Fab4 now has a TV show,hope it wont be a source of distraction
Just my thoughts
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 10:39am On May 17, 2008
[img][/img]

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by JUNIT1(m): 3:24pm On May 17, 2008
so flamini didn't leave for money?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4peace(m): 6:00pm On May 17, 2008
Gunner4life
pls i need link to get theme songs of my club.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 12:55pm On May 18, 2008
It's like that Domenech hates Arsenal players! Why did he leave Sagna and Clichy outta the squad? Somebody tell me what U know coz i really think he's got beef for Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 1:09pm On May 18, 2008
@kaydee
Personally, I don't think Sagna or Clichy should make the squad
If there's anything France has got in abundance, it's wingbacks. . .
They've got Abidal and Evra, having two worldclass LBs is enough for any squad.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 1:11pm On May 18, 2008
@ 4peace
4gotten some of the links to some of arsenal songs, I'll try n get 'em later but here is something that might help

http://www.arsenal.com/userIncludes/docs/songsheet1.pdf
http://www.arsenal.com/userIncludes/docs/songsheet2.pdf
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mystikal(m): 1:15pm On May 18, 2008
@ Kaydee
Sagna and Clichy still years to play for France, their time would come one day

And here is a better list of the top 10 best buys.

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/columns/story?id=534684&cc=3888
Top 10 best buys
(Archive)
Updated: May 13, 2008, 7:55 AM ET
The best buys can save sides from relegation or secure them silverware. Or they can do neither: Soccernet's choice as the finest acquisition of the last 12 months has simply proved an outstanding addition to his club and provided great value for money. But he is not alone among arrivals in meriting acclaim, or praise for the manager who spotted him.

10. Kenwyne Jones (Sunderland, £6 million)
Seven Premier League goals may appear a meagre tally for a £6 million striker, but the covetous glances directed at the Sunderland target man provide a greater indication of his impact. The comparisons to Didier Drogba don't always seem far-fetched yet, last summer, Jones was wanted at Derby. Having spent much of the season either alone in attack or accompanied by a succession of substandard partners, Jones' contribution goes far beyond his goal tally. Indeed, his total of 10 assists means the Trinidad & Tobago forward was involved in the majority of Sunderland goals. Without him, it is hard to envisage them surviving.

9. Martin Petrov (Manchester City, £4.7m)
Had this list been compiled at Christmas, it might have been dominated by Manchester City players. As it is, Sven-Goran Eriksson is still in credit, with all bar Thaksin Shinawatra, for his signings and Petrov, the speedy, direct Bulgarian, ranks as the pick. While several sides deploy right-footed players to cut infield from the left, an out-and-out winger such as Petrov provides a contrast and there are few better outlets on that flank in the Premier League. It is notable, too, that many of City's best attacks emanate from his flank. A bargain.

8. Wilson Palacios (Wigan, £1 million)
Choosing your friends wisely can make choosing your players much easier. Steve Bruce heeded Arsene Wenger's advice to take Wilson Palacios to Birmingham. When Alex McLeish then showed he didn't share his predecessor's admiration of the Honduran, Bruce brought him to Wigan. Without him, it is entirely feasible Wigan would have been demoted and Birmingham had stayed up. Instead, the energetic midfielder has played an integral part in Athletic's transformation from relegation strugglers to in-form survivors and a succession of forceful displays have elevated his reputation to such an extent that it is now suggested Manchester United and Liverpool are watching him.

7. Phil Jagielka (Everton, £4 million)
No one raids the Championship with quite such cold-eyed acumen as David Moyes. After well-judged moves for Tim Cahill and Joleon Lescott, he marked Sheffield United's relegation to the second tier by parting the Blades from their best player. After a gradual introduction to the Everton team, Phil Jagielka has become an essential ingredient. His speed and reading of the game have been particular features of the centre-back's season.

6. Lassana Diarra (Portsmouth, £5.5 million)
It is as much a triumph of Harry Redknapp's powers of persuasion as his scouting. Such was the demand for Lassana Diarra that it was evident he was an emerging force as a midfielder. Redknapp convinced him to choose Portsmouth and the Frenchman has been outstanding. It is likely that such a class act will not be at Fratton Park for long but, besides a hefty profit, Diarra will leave a legacy; arguably his best performance to date was at Old Trafford so, should Portsmouth win the FA Cup, he would merit much of the credit.

5. Carlos Tevez (Manchester United, undisclosed)
Manchester United have not always had a happy history with South Americans, but the future could be very different. Anderson should more than justify his £18 million fee while another short, stocky figure has also attained cult status at Old Trafford. It is not so much Carlos Tevez's goal tally - a respectable 18 - as their significance and timing. His late equaliser at Blackburn showed that the small man with the fondness for the big occasion might just have scored the most important goal of the title race.

4. Sylvain Distin (Portsmouth, free)
The best Bosman signing of last summer. It is to Distin's credit that, having formed one outstanding central defensive partnership with Richard Dunne at Manchester City, he has quietly established another with Sol Campbell at Portsmouth. Distin's speed and silky style make him the common denominator and, like David James, he is a major reason for Portsmouth's greater resilience and vastly improved record on their travels. There are many examples of the strength in depth of French football, but one is that Distin will not be going to Euro 2008.

3. Bakary Sagna (Arsenal, £6 million)
For many, Emmanuel Eboue was the pick of the Premier League right-backs. Ruthlessly, Arsene Wenger exiled the Ivorian to midfield to import a superior alternative. Bakary Sagna, more dependable in defence and suitably enthusiastic when overlapping, has proved an outstanding use of £6 million; some in North London may reflect that Tottenham paid £2 million more for his Auxerre team-mate, the hapless Younes Kaboul. Sagna's place in the PFA team of the season was fully justified.

2. Fernando Torres (Liverpool, £26 million)
For all the millions Liverpool have spent over the years, it is a long time since they signed a genuine superstar. But watching Fernando Torres glide past defenders with conspicuous ease and finish with characteristic precision is to witness one of the world's outstanding strikers in action. Revered at Anfield already, passing the 30-goal landmark in his debut season in England is a phenomenal achievement by the Spaniard. The next challenge is to score more away from home.

1. Roque Santa Cruz (Blackburn, £3.5 million)
Mark Hughes has done it again. Strikers of his stature ought to be excellent judges of their fellow forwards, but few have proved it like the Blackburn manager. Twelve months after Benni McCarthy was one of the outstanding signings of the 2006-7 season, Roque Santa Cruz arrived at Ewood Park perfectly suited to both English football and Blackburn's style of play. A total of 23 goals is a remarkable return and, while he may not have outscored Fernando Torres, he arrived for a fraction of the cost. To put it another way, Santa Cruz's fee was barely a fifth of Darren Bent's.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by whitelexi(m): 7:01pm On May 18, 2008
So Flamini will not be playing champions league football with AC Milan next yr after the finished 5th in the league today!

And they say Nigeria is where u find people who love money too much
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 7:06pm On May 18, 2008
@Whitelexi
I thought the post-Arsenal bad luck that affected Viera, Pires, Sivinho etal had stopped
Now let's see how they'll hold on to Kaka
Soccer's one evil bitch
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 8:02pm On May 18, 2008
Sagna and Clichy were dropped outta France's provisional squad. . . Thats criminal.
Without a doubt, i believe Abidal should have been dropped. Evra makes it by merit and Clichy should have made the list.
Domenech is an asswax!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by doncaster(m): 11:16pm On May 18, 2008
http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=700785

Abeg make him increase the guy money. Na cuz say him na Afro man.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:27pm On May 18, 2008
I for one am glad that Clichy and Sagna didn't get picked - they will not be burned out after the Competition or suffer any silly injuries that may take them out for the beginning of the season. So even Flamini and his money grabbing move didn't get him a place cheesy just kidding, got nothing but love for Mattie. Enjoy the UEFA cup next season mate! I'm sure the extra cash will keep you company on Tue/Wed nights when the real big boys of Europe play. grin

@ doncaster

that report is false, it was planted by El Mundo in Spain, an apparent attempt to 'destabilize' Ade and make him go to Barca, yet another pipe dream. cool
Ade might get a renegotiated deal, but highest paid? In his wildest makossa dreams. tongue Any player with 66 offsides in one season needs to get a lesson in footie basics, he definitely has a lot to learn.

We'll have to endure this nonsense till August, or till the 'big teams' rebuild fully for the new season. Nothing but the usual bunkum IMO. tongue

The latest 'linkee' to arsenal is Samri - while a creative midfielder, I wonder whether such a bright talent would come and be second fiddle to Cesc. Its way to early to tell who is going to be signed or not, but I feel the first signing of AW this season will be a surprise of some sorts, something unlike what he usually does.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 11:40pm On May 18, 2008
@ Debo,

Flamini and Lassana Diarra made it. . . . Domenech must hate Wenger's gutz.
Although, he explained he didn't take Sagna because of his injuries and he felt Clichy cannot cut it at the big stage.
He musta watched how Dirk Kuyt ran rings around Gael. grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:45pm On May 18, 2008
Like I said, Domenech is a dumb plonker. . .Let Diarra and Flamini have fun at the Euros. . .Clichy and Sagna have many years ahead of them. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 11:48pm On May 18, 2008
@Debosky

this is why I atimes disagree with ur approach to issues  embarassed why did u have to add d 66 offsides thingy ? he still has a lot to learn . . .yes we know ! but why after u had said its Barca trying to destabilize us u now castigate the player ?  undecided

is it CR7 that doesnt need to take classes on staying on his feet ? or how to play effectively well against big teams ?

or Torres on how not to miss sitters ?

or Drogba having to stop falling like a chicken each time he is tackled ?

Adebayor could never had said he wants to be the highest paid player, I personally would be the 1st to slate him here, so please guys highlight the dude's strong points, not the weak points !  lipsrsealed

y'all never expected him to score 30 goals, I BELIEVED IN HIM SEASON-LONG . . . .leave him be, at least he is not claiming to be Henry  tongue

P.S wonder why Etoo is not even in high demand no more  tongue  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 12:04am On May 19, 2008
debosky:

Like I said, Domenech is a dumb plonker. . .Let Diarra and Flamini have fun at the Euros. . .Clichy and Sagna have many years ahead of them. cool

Diarra and Flamini would surely have a blast this summer. I feel for Sagna(he was solid till he got injured).
Clichy should go on vacation. I doubt he would be able to make any impact if picked. . . .He played throughout the season.

As for Arsene, i don't expect him to pull anything off the hat. . .
Expect to see Trestor Mputu, Chrisantus or Taiye Taiwo.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 12:20am On May 19, 2008
@ MC

Of course I have to slate him at times, that will keep him humble. tongue

Even Henry was never easy on himself and that way became an excellent player. cool

I'm not really saying that to insult Ade, its just to dispel the Barca rumors - the truth is that he is not technically gifted enough to play for Barca. . .even at Arsenal, for the first two seasons (and even now sometimes) people said Ade is not a 'Wenger player' - that he was bought temporarily to keep the squad till 2009 when there'll be money to buy the kind of players Arsene really wants.

Dunno how true that is, but all I'm saying to Ade is. . .DON'T LET THE CRAP GET TO YOUR HEAD. cool

@ X

Flamini played throughout the season, so did Gallas - what 'impact' would they make that Clichy wouldn't? Dummy Domenech is simply sticking with his usual antics, I don't think Abidal can perform better than Clichy, he's just been a member of the Dommy years thats all.

Tresor Mputu? grin Nah, with Vela coming, we'd see a CB and a creative midfielder/winger first.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:33am On May 19, 2008
debosky:

@ MC

Of course I have to slate him at times, that will keep him humble.   tongue

Even Henry was never easy on himself and that way became an excellent player.  cool

I'm not really saying that to insult Ade, its just to dispel the Barca rumors - the truth is that he is not technically gifted enough to play for Barca. . .even at Arsenal, for the first two seasons (and even now sometimes) people said Ade is not a 'Wenger player' - that he was bought temporarily to keep the squad till 2009 when there'll be money to buy the kind of players Arsene really wants.

Dunno how true that is, but all I'm saying to Ade is. . .DON'T LET THE CRAP GET TO YOUR HEAD.  cool

@ X

Flamini played throughout the season, so did Gallas - what 'impact' would they  make that Clichy wouldn't? Dummy Domenech is simply sticking with his usual antics, I don't think Abidal can perform better than Clichy, he's just been a member of the Dommy years thats all.

Tresor Mputu?  grin Nah, with Vela coming, we'd see a CB and a creative midfielder/winger first.

@Debosky

its confirmed . . u have been on some cheap stuff angry

what do u mean Adebayor is not a Barca kind of player ? what arrant piece of bunkum coming from u ! angry

isnt VALDES Barca's goalkeeper ? can he stand where Casillas is ? or even where Enyeama is ? undecided

oh I get it ! FAB4 wasnt essentially a Barca player and prolly want going to make the grade, thats why they let him off then ? undecided

see . . .gone are the days we judge a club by the players they buy or even players by the club they play for . . .

is Etoo a Fenerbache or Tottenham kind of player ? is is that finished that Turkey would be his next destibation ?

how can anybody suggest Wenger would be less stingy in 2009 ? and also to buy the kind of players he really wants ?

Debo . .are u ok ?

we all know the kind of players he likes and how dearly he holds on to his policy, so dont go there ?

is Senderos and Arsenal kind of player ? Bendtner ? Hoyte ?

hmnnnn . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:45am On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes_Jackal

keep ur bloody mouth shut . . . tongue

at least Clichy made the PFA list . . .what happened to Evra ? tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 1:12am On May 19, 2008
We all know Clichy made the PFA list as a consolation to Wenger and his army of goonz.
On the basis of discipline and their contribution to their respective teams, Evra stands taller than Clichy.
Evra is the best left back in England. . . .Lil' wonder Clichy and Ashley Cole + Frank Lampard will be watching EURO in their sitting rooms. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 8:51am On May 19, 2008
Xerxes.:

We all know Clichy made the PFA list as a consolation to Wenger and his army of goonz.
On the basis of discipline and their contribution to their respective teams, Evra stands taller than Clichy.
Evra is the best left back in England. . . .Lil' wonder Clichy and Ashley Cole + Frank Lampard will be watching EURO in their sitting rooms. grin

You forgot to add Carrick and Hagreaves tongue tongue
That couldn't even make the losing team grin

Krankjar has now finally played down the gossips

'I'd be crazy if I said I wasn't tempted by the calls of big clubs because everyone wants to achieve the most in their career and play Champions League football and win more trophies.

'But I'm very happy at Portsmouth, especially after this win. You can only be happy and next season will only get better. Playing European football is another reason why I'm happy here.

'I'm not in a hurry to go anywhere, I'm 24 this summer and I'm looking ahead to the European Championships and having a great year.

'What the new season brings no-one knows yet but I'm happy at Portsmouth and it's a great place to be at the moment.'

[quote][/quote]
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 4:45pm On May 19, 2008
Kranjcar hasn't said much. . .he is being diplomatic - happy with his current club but happy to move to a bigger club if wanted. That is what sensible players do; they keep their options open.

I guess the latest rumor mill subject is now Samir Nasri. . .supposedly the 'new Zizou' tongue like we haven't heard that before. That being said, he' more direct than Hleb and shoots quite often too, plus he's only 21, meaning he can be moulded to fit exactly what AW needs - either through the center or on the wings. There are rumors in the French Press that he's been signed already, but we heard those about Ben Arfa too. I would be extremely surprised if we didn't sign at least ONE player from France this summer.

@ MC OMO

You are spilling bollocks if you don't realise Eto'o is more technically gifted than Ade shocked.

Fab4 is obviously a Barca-class player, so are many other Arsenal players, but ADE? NO HE ISN'T tongue

His footballing brain is too underdeveloped to cut it at a team like Barca - Arsenal create so many chances that its easier for him to shine here. At Barca? He'd probably have 200 offsides a season grin grin

Senderos is an Adams kind of player, though he didn't develop well enough, Hoyte? English and home bred, the reasons for holding him in the squad are different.

Bendtner is OBVIOUSLY an Arsenal type of player , he has terrific vision and can drop back and create a lot. He has a first touch and can intelligently lead the line. In the next few years (if he cleans up his attitude that is) He might be the top dog at Arsenal in terms of consistency.

I love Ade as much as the next Arse fan, but Barcelona?? grin grin Not quite there I'm afraid.

@ Xerxes

so I can safely say Flamini and Diarra are better than Carrick and Hargreaves because they won't be watching the Euro's on TV right? More bunkumery from the house of Jackal tongue

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 4:57pm On May 19, 2008
@ Debosky,

U spew a gallon of bollocks sometimes.
Adebayor will cut it @ Barca. . . . . Matter of fact, they need a player like him as he will pose an aerial threat to opposition.
If Gudjohnsen and Bojan can perform wonders at Barcelona, i see no reason why Adebayor won't bag 25-30 goals a season.

I mentioned Evra in reference to the PFA awards.
Why do u have ur head so far up your ass?
How do u grab what u r taught in the classroom. . . .U cannot even decipher tongue-in-cheek comments.
With such a thick skull of urs, it's no surprise that you need 5 lines to grab issues when 3 words can do.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 5:14pm On May 19, 2008
Sylvinho, giovanni van bronckorst, henry,marc overmars have gone to barcelona under wenger so there is no proof that adebayor wont go.
However, Look at how the barca fans have treated samuel eto. Booing him and taunting him because they claim he is now too big and misses crucial goals. if we were to do that in england, Adebayor would be long gone.

I have a feeling that adebayor will end up just like samuel eto because the spanish league is so racist even the spanish national coach,luis aragones is racist-remember when he called henry black monkey when he was trying to jeer reyes in training?. Moreover adebayor is also notorious for missing sitters and we still tolerate that in england but in spain he will be taunted and discriminated against. Remember some few years ago when the opposing team were calling samuel eto monkey and he wanted to walk off the pitch during the match? Even henry is encouraging samuel eto to leave and Adebayor wants to fall into that Samuel eto is one of the few africans who has made a name for himself in the spanish league and look at him now-SPURS TARGET.

Adebayor will be great for barca if he goes but for how long ? Moreover i think barca might end up signing DAVID VILLA instead or better still we can give barca adebayor and collect samuel eto with 10 million from barca to top. grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (561) (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 134
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.