Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,739 members, 7,837,672 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (565) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (512604 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:25pm On May 19, 2008
@ vicade

can you compare the technical proficiency of van bronckhorst, overmars and co to Adebayor?

I'm not saying Arsenal players cannot cut it at Barca, but it takes a certain level of finesse that Ade is lacking in.

@ Jackal

you ooze bollocks, from every pore and opening in your system.

How can you compare the technical nous of Krkic or Gudjonsen to Ade? Playing at Barca is not simply about scoring as such, but you'd need more than quarter of a brain to analyse that. . .and sadly you are lacking in that. tongue

I can decipher tongue-in-cheek comments, but not tongue-in-butt comments like the ones you make. tongue

Obviously I've been yanking MC Omo's chain with this Ade thing tongue

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by vicade(m): 5:29pm On May 19, 2008
That is why i am not worried
Adebayor is not an untouchable: Adebayor is good but wont be missed. Henry was great and Adebayor made us forget henry.Barca should just give us eto with cash and take adebayor grin. However i doubt adebayor will leave.

THE UNTOUCHABLES

Gael clichy cool
Bacary Sagna cool
Fabregas Cesc cool
Kolo Toure cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 5:34pm On May 19, 2008
Debosky needs to see his SHRINK.

How can anyone say Adebayor will not cut his dice at Barcelona?
Barcelona lacks the cutting edge in the final third and this is why they lost to Man Utd even though they played well.
180 mins without a single goal scored wouldn't have happened with Adebayor and Henry leading the attack, u doofus!!!!
Ade is a workaholic. . . .His work-rate will always create gaps for players like Messi and Henry to run into and cause collosal damage.

U can't identify with tongue-in-cheek comments. . . . .As per tongue-in-butt(U are a chief whip).
No wonder u support a club that has got the word "ARSE" in it.
What technical nous has Bojan got over Adebayor?
Are u out of your arsenic mind?

@ Vicade,

Toure is untouchable? shocked shocked
Me thinks Toure is past it since he went to Accra in January.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:41pm On May 19, 2008
Eto'o? Nah, his recurrent knee injuries make him very suspicious. we have enough sick notes in the club as it is so we don't need any others. tongue

Ade won't even dream of leaving till he could replicate this form for two seasons in a row, then he can start crowing. Even then, I don't think he'd cut it at those clubs IMO.

Untouchables? For next season, you might as well add Almunia cos he's going to be first choice. One of Gallas or Toure will be untouchable too, and I suspect it will be Gallas. Depending on what happens in the summer, we'll see if Song/Diaby/Bertie will get the midfield berth, or if AW will attempt to replace Flamini with an external player.

Some dumbass newspapers are saying AW wants to 'bring back' Dein shocked grin why would he do that? the scheming mofo sold his shares to a MU fan and we should bring him back? We'd rather sell our souls to the devil (Satan Kroenke) than do that. grin

Xerxes

I can't argue with a MOFO naming himself after a GAY king tongue. If Ade's workrate ends up with him being Offside most of the time, what good will the work rate achieve? grin

If its cutting edge you need, then Eto'o is more of that BANG! kind of player, or Drogba, but not Ade - he can put himself about, but not in that same kind of manner.

Technical nous? - ball control, staying onside, finding team mates intelligently, making smart runs into the channels. Ade is not very good in these respects, the only thing is that by playing continuously with Cesc and co, they've learned to adjust to his game and help him score. I doubt if he'd get that kind of understanding from a Ronaldinho used to playing with skillful one touch - BANG! strikers.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2008
@ Debosky,

How can Xerxes be GAY with the number of women always swimming around him?
Don't liken everyone to y'all GAYnners, hombre!!!

Ade is what Barcelona need. . . . .With slide-rule passes from Iniesta and Xavi, Ade cannot fail to win the European golden shoe. tongue
Drogba with his bang-bang-bang technical ability could only score 8 league goals this season. . . .
It means Ade scored THRICE as much as Didier in the league. . . . .Whats more? Ade is 24, Drogba is 32.
Inzaghi also gets caught offside all the time. . . . It simply means players like this are border-line strikers always looking for through-passes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 5:47pm On May 19, 2008
@Debosky

u are not alright at all  tongue

Adebayor that single-handledly made the veterans of the AC Milan squad look like amateurs ?  shocked

Adebayor can play in any team in the world, just like DD or Etoo . . .I never said Adebayor is better than Etoo, plus I fail to see the finesse u are talking about  undecided

whats the meaning of BARCA-class ?

the same Barca that has won the UCL just once in recent times ?

the same Barca that couldnt score against Manure home and away . . . such class !  tongue

wasnt it the same Barca that was made to look like doofuses, against Real MADRID few weeks ago ?  tongue  grin

abeg, leave levels, if Flamini can be taken by AC Milan after few months of almost having joined Birmingham . . then what are u yapping about ?  tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:56pm On May 19, 2008
Ade is WACK! tongue

If after all the slide rule passes of Hleb and Cesc, he still went offside 66 times, he'd go offside 200 times in Spain since they spring the offside trap more frequently then.

We all know Ade has a poor first touch, and his footballing brain is still developing so no need to argue about that.

Barca had issues this season, but Ade would not have solved them issues - lack of drive and motivation killed them, not skill

Even if Ade scored 3 times as much as DD, DD was fraught with injuries, went to the ACN and all that. But back to his best close to the end of the season. . .the difference is clear.

How did Ade 'disgrace' AC Milan? It was Cesc and Walcott who did that and created room for Ade to shine, so don't get it twisted Kit. tongue

Flamini to AC is a different kettle of fish - Flamster has technical nous and ability, as well as never ending energy suited for midfield action. He doesn't need to be as intelligent a player as a striker would be.

If DD is 32 (growing up in France that is his actual age wink) and Ade claims to be 24, you can bet he is at least 28-29, so he's almost the same age. tongue

And remember Ade played MUCH MORE games in a MUCH MORE creative side than DD.

@ Kit I think I need to school you on Barca-class players - Ronaldo da Lima, Samuel Eto'o, Johan Cyruff, Juan Pizzi, Geovanni, Leo Messi and other greats that have played for Barca. . .Ade in that class? Hell to the NO tongue

Maybe he can achieve that later, but right now he is FAR from there cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 6:08pm On May 19, 2008
@Debosky

stop playing the role of a dork  tongue tongue

what class does Barca exude  ? VALDES, GUDJOHNSEN, SYLVINHO, EDMISLSON ?  undecided

GUY . . .THESE SPLIFFS NEVER FINISH, PLUS You NEED DELIVERANCE embarassed

do u like Barca this much ? u must really have been crying yourself hoarse over them these past two years  tongue  grin

Ade would conveniently play anywhere in the world . . .even if he is perenially offside  tongue

for all I know and care . . .Henry wasnt a perfect player through and through even in his hay days tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:16pm On May 19, 2008
Why are you mentioning those guys only?

and YES Valdez is class, even if he isn't a Casillas or a Canizares or a Pepe Reina! tongue

Are Iniesta, Puyol, Marquez, Messi, Krkic, Eto'o, Xavi and others not class? I hope jackal's hypermetropia hasn't gotten to you as well. undecided

Ade would conveniently fit where? Put any striker fully fit and with half a footballing brain in front of Cesc, Hleb and Flamini and he'll score 50 goals. tongue

No one said Henry was perfect, sometimes he was a bit off his game and sulked a bit, but he always focused on improving and not focusing on dancing Makossa during training (till Ade and Eboue came that is tongue grin)

Once Henry started dancing with Ade and co, his form DROPPED tongue so you see those two West African MOFO's killed Henry's game. sad grin

PS: This is silly season, so I am ALLOWED to post whatever bunkumery (whether proven or unproven) that i want. cheesy

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 6:22pm On May 19, 2008
what class does Arsenal have that Barca have more in abundance undecided

isnt Fab4 class ? Gallas ? Sagna ? Clichy ? Almunia ? wasnt Flamini class ? even WALCOTT ?

Arsenal had 4 reps in the EPL team of the season . . .considering that the EPL is the strongest right about now in Euro footie, doesnt that tell u sumtin' ? undecided coming from a Gunner, I might have to cyber-whoze u with a special back-hand slap tongue grin

P.S when Henry had Fab4 and Gilberto servicing him, how many goals did we score ? undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 6:26pm On May 19, 2008
debosky:

Why are you mentioning those guys only?

and YES Valdez is class, even if he isn't a Casillas or a Canizares or a Pepe Reina! tongue

Are Iniesta, Puyol, Marquez, Messi, Krkic, Eto'o, Xavi and others not class? I hope jackal's hypermetropia hasn't gotten to you as well. undecided

Ade would conveniently fit where? Put any striker fully fit and with half a footballing brain in front of Cesc, Hleb and Flamini and he'll score 50 goals. tongue

No one said Henry was perfect, sometimes he was a bit off his game and sulked a bit, but he always focused on improving and not focusing on dancing Makossa during training (till Ade and Eboue came that is tongue grin)

Once Henry started dancing with Ade and co, his form DROPPED tongue so you see those two West African MOFO's killed Henry's game. sad grin

PS: This is silly season, so I am ALLOWED to post whatever bunkumery (whether proven or unproven) that i want. cheesy

Gunner 1915 cool grin

Now i know why your central nervous system is distorted. . . . .SILLY SEASON!!!!! grin grin grin

How come Henry didn't score 50 goals before he left Arsenal? Van Rapist? Jeremie Aliadiere? Arturo Lupoli? Bendtner? Eduardo?
Stop smoking woolies, amigo. You are talking trash and u need to get ur head out of the bin.
Emmanuel Adebayor is class. Not quite a TOP GUN but he will flourish at Barcelona.

Eboue is also good. Wenger messed up his career playing him as a right winger. Nigga was on top of his game as a RB.
Sagna(who has been exceptional) joined Arsenal and Wenger's stupidity got the better of him and shifted Eboue ahead of Sagna.
Worked well for a while but once opposition knew whatz up. . . .Eboue dried up like the coochie of a 90 yr old.
The supplies dried out and Eboue lost confidence and started playing rubbish. . . .Wenger should be blamed.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:30pm On May 19, 2008
To your last question, I answered BEFORE - the stupid Makossa antics of Ade and Eboue RUINED T14's game! sad

ALMUNIA? Class? grin grin I'm sure the hair dresser he uses for his platinum blonde mohican cut is class, but Almumuni still has some confirmation to make as to whether he is class or not.

Barca has a sterling History of the most artistic and creative forwards. . .Ade is more like a Carpenter - he keeps on hitting the nail till it enters, while Barca prefer either snipers and sharp shooters like Eto'o or sublime forwards like Ronaldo da Lima who can destroy with electrifying pace and sudden change of direction. cool

Of course Arsenal has class, if not for that Class, Ade would've have scored zilch. tongue AW begged the team to help Ade score, if not he would be a finished player now, and that is just because the fans loved singing his name. grin

The reason Dudu and co did not score as many is because they didn't start as many games as ADE! If Dudu continued at the rate he was going, he would've scored at least 20 goals at the end of the season in his Debut - how many did Ade score? a mere THREE GOALS. None of those strikers were fit/given the number of games Ade had - its simple Arithmetic - more opportunities = more goals.

Gunner 1915 cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 6:39pm On May 19, 2008
@Debo

no one is trippin' . . . . tongue

u are sounding like Ade snatched ur girlfriend shocked

Dudu got injured, na Ade fault ?

RVP got crocked, na Ade fault ?

why slate him ?

how spectacular was Etoo before joining Barca ? wasnt it when he blended with 'em Dinho and co that his best came out ? undecided

or doesnt it sound like saying RVN was class before he joined MANURE ? he was good, but not fantastic ! so stop over-rating Etoo prior to joining Barca tongue

another example is DD . . .WAS HE ALSO SPECTACULAR BEFORE JOINING CHELSEA ? yes ! he was top scorer at UE Winners but . . . lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:44pm On May 19, 2008
Drogba was being a love-vendor in France - shagging all the misses on the low and just dancing Makossa like Eboue tongue

When he came to England, he decided to be SERIOUS and started banging in goals.

Eto'o shocked shocked He was always an excellent player, he came to Barca and got better service and shone better, not that he wasn't shining before.

Ade steal my GF? More like kill her with his 200 words per second English 'Yes yes yes, of course of course of course, you know you know you know' E be like say him dey follow him papa dey sell parrot for Oshogbo Motor Park before he begin play footie. grin

I aint overrating Eto'o or anyone else, but skill na skill - Ade has a little, but has a LONG way to develop them. People like Eto'o should be his role model and DD too.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 7:03pm On May 19, 2008
Debosky is running mad. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Gosh. . . .i am calling 999 to come shoot ur ass with injections.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:03pm On May 19, 2008
Do my eyes deceive me? shocked Jackal my bad Xerxes actually rates Adebayor as Barca quality.The world must be coming to an end
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by 4Play(m): 8:19pm On May 19, 2008
If its from Martin Samuel,then it must have a strong element of truth:

Roque Santa Cruz, the Blackburn Rovers and Paraguay striker, is the man Arsenal want if they lose Emmanuel Adebayor this summer. Santa Cruz scored 19 league goals in 37 appearances in his first season at Ewood Park after a £3.8 million transfer from Bayern Munich. He was given a four-year contract on his arrival in July 2007, but Arsenal believe that they can tempt him, and Blackburn, if a leading European club come in with a serious offer for Adebayor.

That possibility is increasing with rumours that the Togo forward has caught the eye of Josep Guardiola, the new coach of Barcelona, who is planning a clear-out in the summer. Adebayor has insisted that he is happy at Arsenal, but his wage remains in the region of £35,000 a week and the club would be incapable of competing with Barcelona financially, if pressed.

Only last week, Adebayor said that he was flattered by reports in Spain of Barcelona’s interest, alerting Arsenal to a potential problem, having already lost Mathieu Flamini to AC Milan. Despite 30 goals in all competitions this season, Adebayor has not always been a positive influence at Arsenal and his relationship with Nicklas Bendtner, his striking partner, including a very public clash during a 5-1 defeat away to Tottenham Hotspur in the Carling Cup, is difficult. With Eduardo da Silva not back from a broken leg and dislocated ankle until near Christmas and Robin van Persie struggling with a series of injuries this season, Arsene Wenger knows that he cannot afford to go into the next campaign without a top-grade striker and was impressed with the way Santa Cruz, 26, quickly adapted to the combative style of the Barclays Premier League.

Blackburn would ask serious money for the Paraguayan if Mark Hughes, the manager, entertains selling at all. Wenger is adamant that if Adebayor leaves, he needs an established replacement in order to keep pace with Manchester United and Chelsea.
Related Links

Much now hinges on Barcelona’s potential bid. Adebayor is aware of the situation and when asked recently about it by L’Equipe, the French sports daily, said: “It pleases me, because it is very flattering for a young Togolese who is only 24 to see Barcelona following him. For the moment I’m very happy at Arsenal, but we’ll see what happens next.”

Wenger also has his eye on off-field matters this summer and hopes to use the power vacuum created by the departure of Keith Edelman, the former managing director, to facilitate David Dein’s return to Arsenal. The Frenchman remains close to the man who took him to the club 12 years ago and has championed his cause to Peter Hill-Wood, the chairman, and Danny Fiszman, who has a 24.11 per cent stake and is the most influential man at the club.

Wenger has received little formal encouragement but has not given up hope of securing a remarkable return for Dein, particularly as Arsenal have not found anyone to replicate his functions since he left in acrimonious circumstances last year. The former vice-chairman was forced out 13 months ago because he tried to bring Stan Kroenke, the American billionaire who owns 12.19 per cent of the shares, into the club. Dein’s cause has been helped by the departure of Edelman, who was his most vociferous opponent on the board.

Many at the club have come round to Dein’s view that further investment is required if they are to compete with Manchester United and Chelsea. Hill-Wood has softened his attitude to Kroenke from “not our sort” to someone he is willing to work with as a bulwark against Alisher Usmanov, the Russian billionaire who has acquired almost 25 per cent of the shares. Unfortunately for Dein, he has since teamed up with Usmanov, selling him his 14.58 per cent stake last year and becoming chairman of his investment vehicle, Red and White Holdings, but he may be willing to resign if it helped him to secure a return to the club.

Wenger played a bigger role in the departure of Edelman than is commonly known. The pair often clashed over money and matters came to a head after the club did not invest during the January transfer window.

Wenger is frustrated at a lack of funds and has been told that any improved contracts for players this summer must come out of his £50 million transfer kitty.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/article3958825.ece
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2008
Why are they making this dude's job hard for him now?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 8:31pm On May 19, 2008
@ A-40,

Wenger should resign. grin grin grin Just kidding. . . .

But. . . . .this will be catastrophic if Arsenal lose Adebayor to Barca.
Why is it so hard for Wenger to keep his boys? I am beginning to suspect the 70 million transfer kitty in January was a facade.
Arsenal have no such money. . . . .If they could lie they were the richest club in England in september. . . .They would lie about 70 milla.
Who's next to leave Arsenal now? Sagna? grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2008
@Xerxes
Its unthinkable Wenger cannot go just yet without winning anything it would make him the biggest failure in recent history.Ade is not going nowhere i think Wenger should slam a ridiculous price-tag on him so that case is closed for good
they didnt come calling when he was scoring 3 goals in a season its now that he is scoring 30 that they want to buy him.The 70 mil was a facade i am sure cos if it wasnt Arsene would surely have bought
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Xerxes1(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2008
A-40:

@Xerxes
Its unthinkable Wenger cannot go just yet without winning anything it would make him the biggest failure in recent history.Ade is not going nowhere i think Wenger should slam a ridiculous price-tag on him so that case is closed for good
they didnt come calling when he was scoring 3 goals in a season its now that he is scoring 30 that they want to buy him.The 70 mil was a facade i am sure because if it wasnt Arsene would surely have bought

My sentiments exactly.
When Ronaldo was just a trick pony, dribbling when he should make a simple pass, no one wanted him then.
Those Spanish clubs are vampires. . . . .They wait for English clubs to develop players and they come dangling their carrots in managers' faces.
Wenger should slap 80 million quid on Ade to scare Barca off. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2008
Those guys are insecure and greedy they suffer from a permanent long-throat syndrome always wanting to buy other's team best players
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 9:11pm On May 19, 2008
A-40:

Those guys are insecure and greedy they suffer from a permanent long-throat syndrome always wanting to buy other's team best players
Thats the power of money cool cool cool cool when u have it u rule the world.
CR7 is going nowhere cuz he earns big @ MU, i no little about Ade, if you Gaffar can't give him a pay rise i think he should find his levels at other clubs when they come calling. If Ade is a white guy they will increase his pay without him asking for it.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 10:24pm On May 19, 2008
Xerxes.:

My sentiments exactly.
When Ronaldo was just a trick pony, dribbling when he should make a simple pass, no one wanted him then.
Those Spanish clubs are vampires. . . . .They wait for English clubs to develop players and they come dangling their carrots in managers' faces.
When Hagreaves was just the stupid unnoticed player in the Nazi team, did y'all want him?
Football has always been like that since the dayz of Maradona, it can't stop now
Money rules!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kaydee(m): 12:49am On May 20, 2008
presido1:

Thats the power of money cool cool cool cool when u have it u rule the world.
CR7 is going nowhere because he earns big @ MU, i no little about Ade, if you Gaffar can't give him a pay rise i think he should find his levels at other clubs when they come calling. If Ade is a white guy they will increase his pay without him asking for it.

It's obvious U know so little.No one gets an unmerited salary with Wenger,white or black.Talking bout earning big,they're ready to pay him more.

@ Ade discussion

Please sell this mofo to Barca and get Dos Santos + money,Let them have Hleb too so we can get more money for Diego.We need midfielders that can shoot.Even if he gets a penalty,Hleb will pass the ball angry and that Ade really fluked it this season.Aghahowa woulda scored almost the same amount of goals in his position and Torres woulda doubled CR's figure in his shoes.

@ Debosky
U were rooting for this Ade guy then,what happened?Now U know why i say he's so lucky to be a gunner.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 1:00am On May 20, 2008
@ kaydee

I am still an Ade fan, but all this crap about going to Barca is just that. . . .CRAP. tongue

He is good, but nowhere close to being that good, and Barca will NOT ask for him anyways.

Hleb isn't going to Barca, the best is that he'll go to Inter, and with a good fee we can get Diego or Samri, depending on what AW wants.

Ade is definitely lucky to be a gunner, but his dedication and grit is what keeps him in this Arsenal side.

Ade get a pay-rise cos his black? If Flamini didn't get a payrise and is WHITE and FRENCH, why would you bring this racism nonsense? It not happening at Arsenal cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 4:58am On May 20, 2008
debosky:

Ade get a pay-rise because his black? If Flamini didn't get a payrise and is WHITE and FRENCH, why would you bring this racism nonsense? It not happening at Arsenal cool
Who are you kidding? Flam was offered somffin but he really want to leave the arse. Maybe the offer wasn't good enuff for him or he knew the trophy isn't gonna come very soon. Ade deserve a pay rise to motivate him more.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 4:27pm On May 20, 2008
kaydee:

Please sell this mofo to Barca and get Dos Santos + money,Let them have Hleb too so we can get more money for Diego.We need midfielders that can shoot.Even if he gets a penalty,Hleb will pass the ball angry and that Ade really fluked it this season.Aghahowa woulda scored almost the same amount of goals in his position and Torres woulda doubled CR's figure in his shoes.

@ Debosky
You were rooting for this Ade guy then,what happened?Now You know why i say he's so lucky to be a gunner.
What position are you talking about
Is it the same position Henry and Van Persie struggled to score from last season?
I know the next you'll say is 'They were injured'
Do you think it's easy for a player to keep off injuries?
Believe me, it takes brains to know how to avoid injuries.
He's gamestyle of sneaking inbetween defenders is amazing.
If that's not technical know-how, then please explain to me

Ade has given us aerial power, it's hard for you to find that kind of old fashioned striker.
He was alone upfront, even Henry, Tevez and Rooney cannot boast of such qualities.
How many goals did Henry score with his head in the whole of his Arsenal career?
Go dust your World Cup 2002 DVDs and see how hard it was for Henry to play alone up front.
Ade can adapt to an Arsenal Plan-B, he's an asset.

Even though out of ten chances, he gets offside five times, misfires four and scores one
Tell me what other striker can mysteriously appear in the box-16 when everyone's still playing knockabout?
Definitely not Henry, he's a knockabout master too. grin

And what did I hear you saying bout dosSantos?
Here you are talking about shootin midfielders and you mention dos Santos?
Please pass the blunt to Debosky, at least it's not affecting him too much grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 6:49pm On May 20, 2008
It took Drogba three seasons to make it in England.Adebayor has made it in 2 and a half we can criticise him all we want but the guy don try this season he surpassed my expectations and i believe he can do better so selling him is not an option all we have to do is get him backup.Eduardo's injury had a big hand in why we didnt win that league no Manc or Chav can convince me that

@kaydee
Dos Santos for where? angry.Abeg we dont need that cat
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hustler(m): 6:57pm On May 20, 2008
Xerxes.:

My sentiments exactly.

Spanish clubs vampires? U cant be serious. Which players did English clubs developAdebayor?, He still has to show this season wasnt a one off for him. He still hasnt reached his full potential given his advantages(pace plus height). His positioning at times leaves a lot to be desired.(me being a gunner hater aside)

Wat abt Cesc snatched at a young age, Ditto , Giusseppe Rossi, VIncenzo Camilleri, Lupoli. Ronaldo was already developing at Lisbon and if u had seen his games then u would have known it was a matter of time

Barca need an aerial option only reason y they r looking at Ade and the Klassy Huntelaar, U dont believe he will be a regular there do you especially if they still have Eto'o and Henry there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:10pm On May 20, 2008
Ray Domenech must be mad how could he possibly leave out Sagna and Clichy from his list?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:29pm On May 20, 2008
@hustler
They are vampires.Adebayor would be much better next season this is not his best i assure you was Adabayor any good at Monaco? Arsenal threw him into the limelight same goes for Cesc! just face it Barca and Real are a greedy bunch

(1) (2) (3) ... (562) (563) (564) (565) (566) (567) (568) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 97
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.