Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,339 members, 7,860,853 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:22 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (59) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (517425 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debojyde(m): 10:13pm On Jan 11, 2007
Men, i just saw arsenals match against liverpool.I have too admit ,my team(chelsea) has never played football like that before.Damn,it was like playing fifa 07 on ps3.The accurate passes and all that?!!WOW.But sha,all that one na Demo -Chelsea still rules.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:27pm On Jan 11, 2007
LoverBwoy:

hmm I wonder why Arsene Wenger didnt put Mukina in the last game against Liverpool. she'd have had a hat trick probably dedicate one of the goals to toshmann cheesy

that was why i was angrywith him . .i culda gotten a coat trick as well grin angry

well guys
adebayor will play against blackburn .
gallas suffered anuther wahala . wil be out for two or three weeks cry cry

tosh . .the forms are still available

yeah @debojyde you still rule with drawtilities . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 11:57pm On Jan 11, 2007
@ Topic,

Gunner fan here. Just representing. I have to admit i have not been too happy with the team's wobbly performance at the start of the season, well we hope to keep up the recent one against liverpool. It will be nice to actually win something this season, to celebrate the move to Emirates Stadium. I do have fears with our FA cup game with that boggy team called Bolton. May God help us,  I dont mind the Carling cup, if only we can beat that Chelski sorry Chelsea.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Christino(m): 12:36am On Jan 12, 2007
I understand Coach Arsene "Nose" Wenger's now earning 3million pounds per year for the next three years. That's crazy, but looking at Emirates gate fees, i think it's fair enough. The highest paid coach he he he.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 12:40am On Jan 12, 2007
@ Christino,

Why the dissing now?, angry, didnt u read the topic.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:28am On Jan 12, 2007
@kitaun, When it comes to defending the answer is yes.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:59am On Jan 12, 2007
I disagree when its Lauren u pitch him against cos Lauren is a no-nonsense defender (have u forgotten how highly Actim index rated him b4 his injury?) but even at that going forward hoyte is not as gud as either of them! He plays more confidently well at Carling Cup level
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:54am On Jan 12, 2007
@Imani

I go send you back to Sabatical again. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:00pm On Jan 12, 2007
Hoyte is faster than Lauren and he is no nonsense at the back.

Forget going forward, I am talking about defending only.

Eboue is nowhere near as good as Hoyte when it comes to defending.

To me a defenders job first and foremost is at the back.

Going forward is just a bonus.

All the great defenders are mostly known for defending first: Adams, Keown, Winterburn, Dixon.

Ashley Cole was unusually good at BOTH defense and going forward, making him a stand out.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:18pm On Jan 12, 2007
All in all, Lauren i still maintain is d best of d 3 if u must talk of defending, Hoyte? methinks he needs to learn even from Eboue, Hoyte has hardly been able to form any synergy with any1 notably in d team game but we all know how well Lauren was able to manage 1 with Pires/Ljungberg even if not as effective as that Eboue enjoys with Hleb
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 1:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
At least Lauren is not a big cheat like Manu Eboue, i repeat, if he continues with his antics, he won't last long at the club!?

As for Hoyte! well he does his job, with nothing extra added (apart from 1 goal and the "Creep Walk cool" dance)

Wenger is just being a big dick tongue, treating players that have slaved for him with disdain is never going to be anything but rubbish in my books tongue. Lauren has died for this shirt,

Eboue will never know what it is to put on The Arsenal Jersey, he plays only for himself, thinking by his forays forward, we all should be impressed and excuse his stupidity!! Did we excuse a true arsenal lad, ashley Cole for his stupidity, NO!! so wenger is doing us all a disservice by getting rid of a player, "ALL" Arsenal supporters have been looking forward to his return, and i mean "ALL" (Well apart from Eboue and his family members sha!!) He should take a leaf from his big brother Kolo and let his football do the talking for him.

As for Ali, well like i said, was it not the same Ali that played against Sheff United, where he and Bap could not score against a midfield keeper!? Was it not the same guy that couldn't make it in his 9 years at the club, what makes him better than Lupoli Ali is Dudu tongue, and he will always be Dudu, 1 or 2 good games will never change that.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:11pm On Jan 12, 2007
@Loyika, quite right man!! Maybe we should see how well Ali and Julio would fare in the next couple of weeks before acknowledging or castigating them, to me Song remains shyte no more no less!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:34pm On Jan 12, 2007
THANK GOD!!

All and sundry cool here!! Take a look at what other Gooners think of Manu Eboue, i will only put up one forum link, you all can go through the rest of the arsenal forums you know of, i am sure the views will be the same. (don't go to the official site, what you will get is the normal propaganda!!)

http://arsenal-mania.com/articles/3103491/Eboue-and-the-man-in-the-mirror.html

Wenger cool selling Lauren now will be one of your biggest mistakes, topping selling Viera at the wrong time.

We already have one Primadonna at the club (at least Henry is worth all the noise he makes, so he can be forgiven for his once in a while lousy/nonchalant attitude) We don't need another dummy in Eboue, that doesn't seem to be getting the message, i mean when even Kolo stops giving you advice on the pitch, cause he can't be bothered, then you know you have a problem.

and the answer to that problem is[b] Lauren[/b], and Prof stop lying that he is injured, we all know that thats a big lie, we've seen this all before with other player/manger crisis.

Please do not bite your nose to spite your face, Arsenal supporters will soon boo Eboue, like they did Song at the fulham game. As much as we know that "You Know", we also know that sometimes you don't have a clue, and work according to sentiments. For once let the good of the club reign, cause you take a big risk of a backlash if you sell Lauren and don't sort out Eboue and his stupid behaviour.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 2:41pm On Jan 12, 2007
Need i say more?? Absolutely my thoughts let out!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by marlet01(m): 2:48pm On Jan 12, 2007
Of course selling Lauren now could bring about Arsenal having lesser options at the back.
Maybe Arsene was wrong by not allowing him to play against Liverpool 4days ago, he would have showed his quality just as Diaby did. The problem lies within Arsene now cos the guy is so upset now.

I wonder those who say Hoyte is a better defender than Lauren, Eboue is not even up to Lauren let alone the kid called hoyte.

But i believe one thing we worked well without him and i still strongly believe if Lauren comes back he would still need alot of catching up to do,

Who told Ade to come back  grin The Beast would have benched him tomorrow.

My prediction for tomorrow's game.
Blackburn 1     Arsenal 3

ARSENAL RULES  cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 8:32pm On Jan 12, 2007
Akolawole:

@Imani

I go send you back to Sabatical again. grin

The thread says Gunners only angry, Dont worry i will pay u a visit soon on your Chelski Chelsea thread. tongue

In answer to a previous question in the Travel section, I live in a lovely city called Bath, built by the Roman Empire in those days and there are still some of the public Roman Baths around. The whole city is on the World Heritage List so nothing can be removed from the city without permission. If you are looking for a village, Ibadan is the place to be, eating lots of amala and ewedu,  grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 8:37pm On Jan 12, 2007
@ Viera,

Long time!!! Is Viera your screen name or is it a screen name in honour of the former Arsenal Legend? cool,

Ps, how is the little one doing cheesy, remember i asked for his hand already o,   grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 12:37am On Jan 13, 2007
arsenal fans una no go ever smell something like this angry

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Christino(m): 12:48am On Jan 13, 2007
@ Tosh,
I no be gunner but abeg, try hide this pix, haba cheesy after conceding 9 goals to 18 year olds in 4 days, you still get this kind liver, for once, you are walking alone o!

Since 19Gbogboro Liverpool don bone premiership title, they've been pursing cups and now the likes of Hoyte have pursued Dudek into extinction and Liverpool out of two cup runs and you still get liver to dig this picture up,

Okay na [b]consolation,[/b]it's needed, accept my condolences. Hope you use Dudek when you meet Yak, it's been long since that dude scored a hatrick cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 1:01am On Jan 13, 2007
toshmann:

arsenal fans una no go ever smell something like this angry

Mr Toshman,  grin grin grin, I know u are hurting really bad after the recent run of games!!! Pele, e go better. At least your defence is not the worst in the Premiership. tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 1:44am On Jan 13, 2007
You people make me laugh.

Check the last 5 games Eboue has played and tell me how many mistakes he has made.

Now check the last 5 games Hoyte has played in and tell if he has made any mistakes?

Eboue is flash and a diver, he tries to dribble in his own half because he thinks he is a player, nonsense.

Hoyte does his stuff silently and effectively.

I would choose Hoyte a million years before I choose Eboue.

If you still do not agree, I will give you one assignment.

Whenever Eboe or Hoyte are playing look at Toure and tell me who does he normally shout at?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 1:55am On Jan 13, 2007
Clichy has been the most consistent of them all, even Toure has been playing badly of recent, Eboue and Hoyte too have not played encouragingly so at best that leaves both of them on the bench for Lauren to take his rightful place
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tosinadeda: 9:34am On Jan 13, 2007
CANT BELIEVE ANYONE WOULD SAY HOYTE IS BETTER THAN EBOUE. WETHER IN ATTACK OR DEFENCE

THATS A FALLACY

THE SAME EBOUE OF THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE? OR ANOTHER ONE
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 1:10pm On Jan 13, 2007
Vieira:

Whenever Eboe or Hoyte are playing look at Toure and tell me who does he normally shout at?

eboue tongue

@tosh . .aint you tired ? angry take that recycled pic outta here before i lose my temper on you grin grin tongue you'll always walk alone
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:22pm On Jan 13, 2007
well .well ,
@the ref tongue tongue tongue tongue

even though we were playin 12 vs 10. . we had the last sweet laff grin
we were expectin to win and we won

when did rovers players become wrestlers? shocked grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rikkyjen(m): 8:36pm On Jan 13, 2007
--------------------------------------------------------------------
------------
I understand  Coach Arsene "Nose" Wenger's now earning 3million pounds per year for the next three years. That's crazy, but looking at Emirates gate fees, i think it's fair enough. The highest paid coach he he he.

@ Christino .No Sir, Jose Mourinho is the highest paid coach in the premiership commanding a 5.4 million Quids in a season excluding his Samsung, Discover credit card Ads revenues! wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:40pm On Jan 13, 2007
All Hail King T14, who else could have scored such a goal??

even without bertie (stupid a$$ ref angry angry) we still kicked the blackies arse on their own turf. take that as revenge for last february cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:43pm On Jan 13, 2007
the ref supports liverpool andwas pissed at us angry angry tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:45pm On Jan 13, 2007
dont mind him, imagine not sending off Neil for bringing down Robin?? that was a definite red card offense! angry angry

he's lucky we won the game, if not i wd've sent my boys to deal with him tonite!!

Viva la Arsenal!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:49pm On Jan 13, 2007
i was mad at that too . .that was defly a red card offence . . angry angry
and did you see how they were wrestling our boys to the ground angry

as for mccarthy he had better learn somethnig fast . or SA will suffer 2010 grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:03pm On Jan 13, 2007
mccarthy didn't play as well as we know he can, senderos and toure held him up well. even hoyte had a good game (except 1 or 2 mistakes)
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 9:08pm On Jan 13, 2007
nah he didnt even nonda didnt make no better impact

when they just came back from half time . .they were banging us for real . .
even lehmann behaved today
kolo and henry had very good goals
yeah . lil send too had a good game
clichy
fabregas never cease to amaze all with his beautiful passes cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (56) (57) (58) (59) (60) (61) (62) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.