Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,795 members, 7,851,680 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 05:17 AM

Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance - Family (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance (29324 Views)

5 Tricks Nigerian Women Use To "Trap Men Into Marriage" / See What Nigerian Women Can Do (photos) / Why We Cheat On Our Husbands - Nigerian Women Open Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 6:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ simibrasil

If you took the time to read your article,you'll notice it specifically talked of Muslim women.
Your further examples about stoning women for adultery are also Islamic practices.
It is not a NIgerian thing.
There is a big divide in Nigeria regarding Muslim and Christian issues
Muslims are bound by their shariah law
Christians are bound by secular law
A Christian intervening in the Muslim laws  rather than international community as you advocated could trigger off Muslims killing Christians in large numbers.It has happened and still happens.

This is not to say the Christian men and church goers don't abuse their wives,they do.
Spousal abuse is not unique to any race or creed.
Brazilians are not different from Nigerians when it comes to dealing with irresponsible husbands.
There are tons of Brazillian men who father children all over the neighborhood while still married.
There are lazy ones who sit at home watching soccer matches while the wife works 2 and 3 jobs.
There are Nigerian men in that category too

The number one reason the wives swallow such and stay on in any culture is poverty.
That's why the divorce rates are higher amongst Nigerians in the West than Nigerians in Nigeria
Because they are more financially independent.
You mentioned earlier about the men being gone on business trips and working long hours.
while the wife sits and waits for him
Honey,ain't no one complaining about that one.
I want him gone searching for money grin
na im presence I go chop?

that one no be problem at all.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by KarmaMod(f): 6:09pm On Sep 17, 2008
David, why are you acting like that JustDaft agbaya?

She meant lawyer HENCE her "good with words", I figured that was easy for anyone to understand. She's mentioned it many times now that English isnt her first language. At least she has an excuse. Most of the people here where English is the lingua franca of Nigeria arent even up to par.

Dude keeps running his mouth about how he's only insulting those who insulted him. what about him ASSUMING everyone is "frustrated and alone" because we have different opinions. Chuvanistic pig with such a low IQ. He's a bloody joke.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by GucciBabe(f): 6:10pm On Sep 17, 2008
@queenisha

well said!
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 6:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
Gucci_Babe:

@queenisha

well said!

thanks dear kiss
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha

I really don't care about Brazil, as I said before, I care about my lovely original homeland Nigeria, so I really don't understand why you, people, insist in bring up this Brazil issue.
Do you want talk about Brasil ? so, go to www.orkut.com and be happy, here is nairaland. Is it clear

I will answer just 1 statement as example :

Brazilians are not different from Nigerians when it comes to dealing with irresponsible husbands.
There are tons of Brazillian men who father children all over the neighborhood while still married.
There are lazy ones who sit at home watching soccer matches while the wife works 2 and 3 jobs.
There are Nigerian men in that category too

YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, THE DIFFERENCE IS HOW WE, BRAZILIANS REACT, ALMOST OF US ARE INDEPENDENT AND HERE WE HAVE LAW ON OUR BEHALF:

IF A MAN CHEAT, THE WOMAN WILL DIVORCE, FORGIVE OR CHEAT TOO
IF A WOMAN IS HITED BY A MAN, DOMESTICALLY VIOLENCE, THE MAN GO TO THE PRISION (IN NAIJA, I GUESS THE COURT IS MADE BY THE FAMILY AND OF COURSE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN WITH THE MAN)
BRAZILIAN WOMEN DOENST SUPORT MAN, IS THE MAN THAT SUPORT US, WHEN WE WORK, OUR MONEY IS OUR MONEY AND HIS MONEY IS OUR MONEY

SO, the bottom line here is that nigerian woman spoil man and it doenst have nothing to do about what happen in Brazil.
Have I made myself clear ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rampagain: 6:19pm On Sep 17, 2008
KarmaMod:

David, why are you acting like that JustDaft agbaya?

She meant lawyer HENCE her "good with words", I figured that was easy for anyone to understand. She's mentioned it many times now that English isnt her first language. At least she has an excuse. Most of the people here where English is the lingua franca of Nigeria arent even up to par.

Dude keeps running his mouth about how he's only insulting those who insulted him. what about him ASSUMING everyone is "frustrated and alone" because we have different opinions. Chuvanistic pig with such a low IQ. He's a bloody joke.

hehehehehe grin grin grin grin grin TOH is here oooooo grin grin

but seriosuly simi is trying oooo,wat about me dat english is our official language ,i still cant speak or write well

maybe its because i live in a non english speaking country sad
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 6:21pm On Sep 17, 2008
hmnnnn cool
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:23pm On Sep 17, 2008
Maybe I should change the name of the thread to :

How nigerian women behave affect foreign women !!!

cool
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 6:24pm On Sep 17, 2008
simi may you find a good niaja to marry my sister.  grin

lol to ''have i made myself clear''  i can imagine you telling your nigerian husby have i made myself clear  grin grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by omoge(f): 6:26pm On Sep 17, 2008
lol you want to change it, dem go eat your head o

grin

we are getting tough don't worry. see how ladies are dropping them like its hot now kiss
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:28pm On Sep 17, 2008
Omoge,

How can I find a good naija to marry your sister if I am here , dear ?
Do you want a naija that is living in Brazil ? if yes, I will introduce someone, I know a lot of serious ones that want get married with naija woman, but she will have to live here for a while ? Is it OK ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 6:29pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

Queenisha

I really don't care about Brazil, as I said before, I care about my lovely original homeland Nigeria, so I really don't understand why you, people, insist in bring up this Brazil issue.
YES, YOU ARE RIGHT, THE DIFFERENCE IS HOW WE, BRAZILIANS REACT, ALMOST OF US ARE INDEPENDENT AND HERE WE HAVE LAW ON OUR BEHALF:

IF A WOMAN IS HITED BY A MAN, DOMESTICALLY VIOLENCE, THE MAN GO TO THE PRISION (IN NAIJA, I GUESS THE COURT IS MADE BY THE FAMILY AND OF COURSE NOTHING WILL HAPPEN WITH THE MAN)
BRAZILIAN WOMEN DOENST SUPORT MAN, IS THE MAN THAT SUPORT US, WHEN WE WORK, OUR MONEY IS OUR MONEY AND HIS MONEY IS OUR MONEY

SO, the bottom line here is that nigerian woman spoil man and it doenst have nothing to do about what happen in Brazil.

A survey in Brazil coordinated by professor Heleieth Saffiotti has found that 70% of cases of violence against women get shelved in São Paulo police stations.

The survey shows that the main reason the cases do not move ahead is because the women themselves halt the inquiries in the hope that the perpetrators (husbands or legal companions) will change their behavior.
The survey was based on police reports in Woman Defense police stations around the country (22 state capitals and various cities in the state of São Paulo).

A[b] attempt was made toobtain a profile of the women who were victims. The majority of them were between the ages of 30 and 40 and had been living with the person who attacked them for 10 years.[/b]

A law professor at the Catholic University of São Paulo, Silvia Pimentel, says that in legal terms Brazil has made advances with the constitution of 1988, in gender equality, and the reform of the country's Civil Code in 2002, which eliminated legislation that automatically registered the man as head of a household.

But Pimentel says further legislation on domestic violence is needed. http://www.brazzilmag.com/content/view/906/41/

30% in my days was an F9
so much for the women liberation
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:32pm On Sep 17, 2008
what does it mean?

another girl, that doenst know how to read  cool

Seems that I am talking with the wall

Do you want statist? here it goes :

Nigeria
Population, total (millions) 144.7
Population growth (annual %) 2.4
Surface area (sq. km) (thousands) 923.8
Life expectancy at birth, total (years) 46.8
Mortality rate, infant (per 1,000 live births) 98.6
Literacy rate, youth female (% of females ages 15-24) 81.3
GNI (current US$) (billions) 135.4
GNI per capita, Atlas method (current US$) 790.0
Prevalence of HIV, total (% of population ages 15-49) 3.2
Source: World Development Indicators
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:35pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nigeria statistics

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html

WHAT DO YOU INTEND TO PROOF WITH IT ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 6:41pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

Queenisha

I

This double standard also favored frequent consensual unions, illegitimacy, and prostitution. Such behavior was not entirely acceptable but was tolerated more readily in Brazil, generally speaking, than in North America and the rest of Latin America.
Although women were allowed open access to schools and employment around the turn of the century and suffrage on a national level in 1933, they were not on an equal footing with men in family affairs. Men were automatically heads of households, and married women were legally subordinate to their husbands. Because of the inconvenience caused by informal remarriage, divorce was made legal in 1977. Under the constitution of 1988, women became entirely equal to men for all legal purposes.http://womenshistory.about.com/library/ency/blwh_brazil.htm

it's not the haven you tell us
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Shinatu: 6:43pm On Sep 17, 2008
Na wa for all these yappies, only because of this post?

Why is it that  many Nigerian men just hate any woman that talks back and does not take all the bad they have to offer?

The next thing you hear, is that the woman is frustrated, when they know absolutely nothing about the woman?
The most annoying thing is that  the one that is not your husband too expects you to keep quite when disrespected.

My company has a big restraurant/canteen where we all have Lunch, many times my male colleagues (not in my team and are not familiar with me) need to get the jug of water , they just point to the jug of water and expects me to pass it to them as a 'well brought up African woman".

I never pass the jug and do not utter a word I just continue with my meal, the next topic of discussion on the table will become how women 'do Beijin conference' and how some women will be controlling their husbands at home!

Ofcourse I do not say anything, just finish up my meal and go back to my office, I work in a male dominated industry with supposedly well educated professionals, I must also say few of them are very polite but when you trace their background you can almost always find a link to the western world, either by Schooling abroad or taking up career assignments abroad

I am not saying everything western is good, but if it involves treating a fellow human being better, why do we not just do likewise?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:44pm On Sep 17, 2008
Nigeria

Nigeria women raped by police and army
http://www.afrol.com/articles/22992

Egyptians rape Nigerian women
http://www.nowpublic.com/pilgrimage_egyptians_rape_nigerian_women

HIV & AIDS in Nigeria
http://www.avert.org/aids-nigeria.htm

Brazil

HIV and AIDS in Brazil
http://www.avert.org/aids-brazil.htm

Violence against women in Brazil: overview, gaps and challenges
http://www.un.org/womenwatch/daw/egm/vaw-stat-2005/docs/expert-papers/d_Oliveira.pdf

Violence in Brazil: all are targets, all are guilty
http://www.opendemocracy.net/democracy-protest/brazil_violence_3555.jsp

OK , WHAT DO YOU WANT PROOF WITH IT ?

What it have to do with the bottom line with the post ? thats why I appreciate and compliment people that have sense, because a lot of people doenst have sense, we say something and they answer another, completely different
It look like a discussion about crazy people.
How old are you ?
I live in Alabama
Yes, JustDumb is not alone.  tongue
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rampagain: 6:46pm On Sep 17, 2008
now insults is gradually coming in

cant y'all posts maturedly wtout throwing insults indirectly at each other?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha

I really think y should go back to the school or starting using glass
I have never said Brazil is the hell
Otherwise, i said , I want Brazil explode and just care about my original homeland - Naija
So , you thread and your comments are completely out of the reality

The link you choose to support your post, can even carry water, because was about the story, past 1933, if you don't know, we live in 2008.

http://womenshistory.about.com/library/ency/blwh_brazil.htm
PAY ATTENTION, WOMEN STORY

1933, they were not on an equal footing with men in family affairs. Men were automatically heads of households, and married women were legally subordinate to their husbands. Because of the inconvenience caused by informal remarriage, divorce was made legal in 1977.

1933/1977

YOU ARE COMPLETELY OUT
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:53pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha

Brazil is bullshit and Nigeria is the hell

are you happy now ?

so, go back to the bottom line , the focus is nigerian women spoil men, do you remember ? lol

and stop talking no sense
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rampagain: 6:54pm On Sep 17, 2008
simi u r becoming unnecesarily rude
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 6:56pm On Sep 17, 2008
Brazillian woman are safer on the streets than in their homes.

http://www.brazzil.com/2005-mainmenu-79/152-june-2005/9305.html

so much for liberalism
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 6:58pm On Sep 17, 2008
Thats why I ll live in Nigeria  cool
Over dangers here

I am without go out for 5 months because the violence

I hope y can be my friend when I get there

Trafficking in Women from Nigeria to Europe
http://www.migrationinformation.org/Feature/display.cfm?id=318

do you want make competition of internet articles or what ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Queenisha: 7:03pm On Sep 17, 2008
Women in Brazil are the hidden victims of a crumbling detention system that exposes them to rape and other ill treatment, Amnesty International said today.

The statement came as reports emerged of the case of a young woman in the state of Pará in northern Brazil who was left in a police cell with 20 men for a month and repeatedly sexually abused.

The woman, who reports suggest may have been as young as 15, was held on suspicion of theft but never charged. She was repeatedly raped and forced to have sex to obtain food

[i]so much for a woman haven[/i]http://www.usatoday.com/news/world/2007-11-24-brazil-jail-scandal_N.htm
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 7:04pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha

why dont you open a thread to talk about Brazil instead of spoil my thread ? bastard women
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 7:05pm On Sep 17, 2008
Seun, where are you that dont ban this no sense ?
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rampagain: 7:06pm On Sep 17, 2008
osisi wat r u seriously doing here? undecided undecided siri ebea puo jooooo

simi is bcoming a nuisance,i wonder who shes calling bastard women

so dumb sad
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
Queenisha

Do you need help to find articles ? this one is very apealing:

CHILD PROSTITUTION IN BRAZIL
http://www.jubileeaction.co.uk/reports/brazil.pdf
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by Sisikill: 7:08pm On Sep 17, 2008
@ JustGood
I hate to say this but calling women who disagree with you frustrated women destroys all your attempts to come off as a rational person who respects women because it goes a long way in showing to kind of mindset you have. What exactly makes women who express themselves frustrated? Oh you probably have convinced yourself that just because you don't appreciate a woman who has a mind of her own and does not need a man's permission before opening her mouth; no man will. . . now who is thinking they are the center of the universe?

One would be absolutely without brains to think

1) All Nigerian men are like this
2) Only Nigerian men are like this.

Come on now, I know you don't think much of the human brain but give us a little credit. Instead of address the issue, which is men who don't think being heavyhanded equals being a man are really far and in between. . . they are but a handful. To deny this fact is simply burying your head in the sand and when you do it on the www with the expectations that people have to join you, I have to ask. . . how again did you become the center of the universe?

As for #2, bringing up men from other country. . . and saying well Nigerians aren't the only men like that and why are talking about it here I am going to quote a post I saw on another thread, made by someone whom I've come to respect and I hope she doesn't mind.

Queenisha:

Honey this particular thread is about some Yoruba youths specifically targetting Igbo traders in a town called Owo in Ondo state.
That is the scope of this discussion.
Pointing fingers at crimes all over the world is not the issue.

This Particular thread has to do with the Nigerian Man and His relationship with women.
That is the scope of this discussion.
Pointing fingers at other men from other country is not the issue.

Now I'm willing to leave room for the possibility that because you are not a woman, you don't see it. . . after all, it is the Yorubas who say it is only the one earing the shoes who feels the pinch. We as women have heard stories from other women and have witnessed it, we are not pulling stuff out of the air and for you to think because you haven't experienced it, it is not a rampant as it has being claimed is just very egotistical.

First off, YOU ARE A MAN. . . I doubt anyone would come and tell you these stories. Secondly, you are a man. . . and I honestly doubt you would see it if it came and sat down on your lap. Instead of trying to rubbish what people are saying just because it doesn't gel well with your experience, try to listen. I mean is Siena not a man just like you? Does he not have a woman? HE DOES. . . yet he is wise enough know that because HE ISN'T LIKE THIS does not mean other men aren't. He is has called for patience, he has called for maturity, he has called for an open discourse, what he hasn't done feel the need to SHUT ANYONE UP. . .  if this isn't a sign of a rational, thoughtful man, I don't know what is. He understands that matters such as this need to be approached with care and "that blatant denials and finger pointing is not helping anyone and to do it when the evidence stares you in the face is quite absurd"

I'm done. . . feel free to call me a frustrated woman, I know it is makes you feel better and I'm all for making people feel better.  grin
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by SimiBrasil(f): 7:13pm On Sep 17, 2008
rampagain

She is bastard once she doesnt understand English and it is her first language.
Also, instead of she discuss about the problem above, she talks about Brazil, just because I am Brazilian, but what the bastard doenst know is that I ll live and retire and die in Nigeria , so I don't care about what happen in some places in Brazil.
As you already know, Brazil is huge, is almost the same size of the whole african continent.
Once I ll live there is my friends/sistah behave issue discussion and not violence, rapped, etc discussion that I care,  because if I wanted discuss about it, I d go to politic forum instead of family forum

I have already explained it to her but as she is bastard, she doenst understand and she keeping post articles that doenst have nothing to do with the reality and even if it is true, I don't care, because my life is there and not here

For these reasons and others more, she is bastard.

I have already said, I want Brazil explode, my homeland is Naija
So you think y insult me ? no, lol
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by adconline(m): 7:16pm On Sep 17, 2008
Simibrazil,
The reason I would not have opened a Brazilian thread is that I'm not myopic minded and as such would not claim repository of knowledge on all Brazil issues. It would be fallacy and rumor mongering if I based my perceptions as facts that pertain to everybody. You said by your perceptions not by standard methodology of statistics, so how could reach a conclusion by knowing a handful of  " Nigerians". I could not prove what is unproveable " you linked all Nigerian men with Islam" so need I prove you wrong on this as well? If you came to this forum with predetermined outcomes and responses, I can only point to a few stereotpyes about Brazil that could not be applied to every Brazilian.
You mentioned western values, but you failed to take into cognizance   that everyman is not the same and should be treated individually not based your unsubstantiated perceptions. In the west, folks are treated individually and you cannot assume to represent everybody without any research or sampling to back it up. So on these facts, I cannot debate you on your misinformed piece since that that will give credence to your innuendos. Your judgment of Nigeria by western values is also disingenuous given the fact Brazilians would not like to be compared by western values. Even China with centuries of civilization still holds Chinese cultures and values in high regard.
Re: Nigerian Women SPOIL men with their over tolerance by rampagain: 7:18pm On Sep 17, 2008
SimiBrasil:

rampagain

She is bastard once she doesnt understand English and it is her first language.
Also, instead of she discuss about the problem above, she talks about Brazil, just because I am Brazilian, but what the bastard doenst know is that I ll live and retire and die in Nigeria , so I don't care about what happen in some places in Brazil.
As you already know, Brazil is huge, is almost the same size of the whole african continent.
Once I ll live there is my friends/sistah behave issue discussion and not violence, rapped, etc discussion that I care,  because if I wanted discuss about it, I d go to politic forum instead of family forum

I have already explained it to her but as she is bastard, she doenst understand and she keeps post articles that doenst have nothing to do with the reality and iven if it is true, I don't care, because my life is there and not here

For these reasons and others more, she is bastard.

sweetheart im yet to see her call u bastard,for heavens sake stop insulting a married woman wt kids as if you're talking to some high school girl

ive been reading your posts,and im like this simi sounds intelligent and matured,but after reading your recent posts on insults,im like simi is not as matured as i think she is,your insulting people makes u look too childish,send your msgs across but drop all d insults ok honey? smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) ... (20) (Reply)

Don't Become The Family ATM / Parents Loving One Of Their Children More Than The Others: Your Opinion / My Husband Smells My Underwear Everytime I Return Home – Woman Tells Court

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.