Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,139 members, 7,818,432 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied (14061 Views)

Ondo: INEC Declares Two More State Assembly Seats For PDP. / National Conference Gives Igbos New 8 More State, Hausa/fulani Get 2 / David Mark.. National Assembly Will Create More State, Anioma To Join Anambra (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 2:14pm On Sep 19, 2008
when them tell you to buy go computer you go back used one. fanatic of what? tell me

The first picture is a prove that NASA(USA responsible for space technology) owns this pictures . notice nasa in this first pictures.

the other picture are zaria, maiduguri, sokoto , kano, kaduna, ibadan and lagos. Note this pictures are about the same scale in KM. So that nobody can claim I manipulated the picture or called it HOAX. I do think this pictures are the reason why channel Television is been lock up.

let them correct the inbalance done to the yorubas and we create provinces, and make state part of the provinces. If you do not do this , you have created a forever disparity in Nigeria against the yorubas. If you fail to do this. The yorubas youth may take arm against the federal govt of nigeria just like the Niger delta did. So much economy are you talking about then.

Even Yar adua would not remain president in a this-stable country , will he? And all this senators and reps would have no jobs. So even the wealth they are trying to protect we be destroy. I tell you Obasanjo and all the yorubas senators would be the first victim of the crisis when the problem start.

It may be like 1983 remember. The military would take over govt and Yar adua and all your democratic govt would be history. They need to act fast and act now. They can not avoid to delay. If they delay this project they may all be dead and not be able to tell the story.

Why do I say so. if a military government takes over nigeria. For that military govt to be accept by the international communinity they need to kill all office holder, from yar adua, to jonathan to bankole and mark and deputys. So that constitutionally there would be no replace for the international community to stop their dream .

ZARIA

MAIDUGURI

SOKOTO

kano

kaduna

like over and over again, we have said if you do not want to create state to balance the injustice, please we want to join the republic of benin. it is easy. Correct the injustice or allow us to join the republic of benin our blood brothers. You see the problem with you people is wickedness. I say it again wickedness. You people are wickedness. Only a wicked person would cheat others and would want to continue to do so. Only a child of satan, an evil person that satan have taken hold of their heart and lifes would want evil and cheating to continue.

The word of God says a wicked man would continue to do evil but a good would stand by the truth. Go and pray and ask for forgiveness, you need it from God.

And for the person that ask the question of $36 billion , it is based on 800,000 per barrel per day off the coast of yorubaland and over 6 billion dollar of non export.

please read this below.

Here is Nigeria state by state 200 nautical mile . the first line is ondo state. then delta, balyase , rivers. So Delta and balyase are collecting money that they should not been collecting those money belong to Ondo state 200 nautical miles. Really nearly half of the money delta and Balyase are collecting are money that ondo state should recieve.

Here is the oil field and map. showing you , that under international law, which you also quoted. Most of the oil field are own by ondo state, because they fall into what the UN defination as part of Yorubaland. So Yorubaland own those oil, not your Niger delta under the UN international law. So what Niger delta have been claiming as most of them belong to Yoruba people.

My brother you just make work easy for me to explain. your map is better. can you see ondo mile line. I do not want to call you people names but some uneducated doing the calculation that is given delta and bayelsa money that is not their own. Those oil field falls under ondo state. and from your picture here are the oilfield output.

Bonga field production of 225,000 bbl/d
Erha 200,000 bbl/d
Yoho 150,000 bbl/d.
Bosi field (110,000 bbl/d)

block 242 is the west site of agbami which contant they claim 125,000 bbl/d.

I am back to proof that ondo state owns 800,000 barrel of oil per day, that they are given delta state derivation for,

Now there is an oil field call Abana oil field which is own by nigeria because it falls into nigeria 200 nautical miles, but when you look at it perpendicularly it is more closer to cameroon than nigeria.

see the vertical line pointing to abana oil field in the second picture.

here is a proof that nigeria owns abana http://www.subsea.org/projects/listdetails.asp?ProjectID=6

here is my point, if the international standard of what is refered to as 200 nautical miles is perpendicular. Cameroon would be collecting derivation and royalty from this oil fields, notice other oil field in that area east is own by cameroon.

there is an international standard used. The federal govt in nigeria most as an issue of justice to the ondo state award this oil field derivation to ondo state. There are 800,000 barrel per day from all those oil field just to mention a few, bonga, erha, yoho, aparo and the others, even just this four i named their output per day is over 800,000 barrel per day,

here is a satellite picture of abana oil field , look how close cameroon is to this oil field, which nigeria is be paid for, but because 200 nautical miles of nigeria falls into this field we get paid for it,

ondo state should get paid for 800,000 barrel of oil per daily, And nigeria produce about 2.5 million, which makes 32% of the oil is produce from ondo state.

Planner you want picture. I am going to first show you the picture of abia state from satellite picture.
Mr makama claimed abia state was 2.833 million people, And he claim ondo state have 3.441 million people, A difference of 500,000 . Could this be true,

Here is abia state. In picture. Please note this is the satellite picture of the whole of abia state, But ondo could not fill one pages. Please notice the scale. which i have shown in red arrow. it is 51.99 km from earth. I have used the same scale for all this picture so that people would know . it as not change. the same scale for abia state is used for ondo statee. In the red circle are towns villages in both state. I could not do all for both state, but you can judge for yourself.

Abia state, the whole of the state from satellite picture.

Here are 8 picture with the same scale of ondo state.

So you are 10 million. go and meet makama, i am just showing satellite pictures.

Now here are some from ogun state. it just a small different in scale. and compare with abia state, mr makama claimed ogun state population is 3. 728 million and abia is 2.8 million. just o.9 million between them

Here is ibadan about the same scale. so you can see more people live in ibadan than the whole of abia state. remember makama claim kano is 9 million

and kaduna is 6 million but oyo state is 5.7 million, can this figure not be from okinji

kano

kaduna

aboqworo, yes , you can not spot sokoto or most of the northern towns and villages, because they are very small. less populated.

a place like jigawa only have two places showing. but if you show to about 10 km to earth. you get more town and cities showing up.

now a place like jigawa, the largest and the since most populated city in jigawa state is a place call hadejia. while kebbi state, kebbi city is the largest. now you would look for another place in the south that is of the same coverage that may be the same population like hadejia and kebbi city. my answer would bring me to ile oluji in ondo state and ibafo in ogun state.

it tell you alot.

ibafo is not among the first seven big towns in ogun state. and ile oluji is not also among the first seven in ondo state. but mr dear mr makama claimed that jigawa state (4 million) was more populated than ondo and ogun state.

i did notice that most settlement in kebbi and jigawa state were villages of about 100 or less houses. so now you ask yourself how may villages in jigawa state. it is easy to count. they are not too many that you can't count. jigawa also dutse and some small town too. but it would be possible to fix all the settlement in jigawa into a place like akure and ondo town in ondo state. i could develop a software that can do that. and i would extract all the villages and town in jigawa or any state in nigeria and try to place them into ibadan.

it would look like a gaming program. the 2006 was afraud. the greatest fraud in nigeria history.

i will show you the picture of this place now.

kebbi city and hadeija compare to the town not too far from the redeemed camp of RCCG , same scale,

town not too far from by to the redeemed camp

Now compare the picture of the largest 2 towns in kano state dambarta and ringim after kano city at the same scale as before with the town not too far from the redeemed camp in ogun state, which is about the same size as ile oluji in ondo state or umuahia in abia state.

So you can see the 2006 census is a fraud and kano is not 9 million, and also see the second and third largest town in bauchi state where mr makama claim that area was like 1.5 million people. And see the second and third largest town in katsina state where mr makama claim is 5.7 million people.
please compare them

Town not too far from redeemed camp ogun state

the second and third largest town in kano state

the second and third largest town in bauchi state

the second and third largest town in katsina state

Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by blackspade(m): 5:05pm On Sep 19, 2008
grin grin grin
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Tonim(f): 5:41pm On Sep 19, 2008
This is really getting ridiculous undecided
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 2:47am On Sep 20, 2008
why
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by henry4uall(m): 1:50pm On Sep 20, 2008
This is the most comical post i have ever read on nairaland. The guy (Nigeria@1) is a good commedian i must say. I was almost rolling on the floor reading his post. Thanks Nigeria@1 for making me laugh.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 3:30pm On Sep 20, 2008
why ?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Planner(m): 6:02pm On Sep 20, 2008
Nigeria1,

Try and organise your facts in a concise manner so that your arguments can be better understood. You seems to use graphical images a lot in buttresing your arguments. It is good. But it will be better if you explain them in details.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 2:27pm On Sep 21, 2008
thanks
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 12:12pm On Sep 22, 2008
@nigeria1

common sense will tell you they are more norherners than southerners,its just that some of you like arguing1

the ibos are predominantly catholics and anglicans and their religion permits them only one wife so averagely an ibo family will have only 8 members,the yorubas who are 50% christian and 50% muslim are averagely 10members in a family whereas the hausa/fulani their religion permits them to marry four wives with an average household of 24members(and they marry early) -remember the man with 86wives and 170 kids- so honestly i dont know what you guys keep arguing about,[b]common sense should prevail and not politics[/b]stop making a fool of your self with pictures
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by MrCrackles(m): 12:14pm On Sep 22, 2008
what is the bloody point in creating more chaos and confusion, all in the name of creating states?!
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by KnowAll(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2008
@Dranoel

Who told you yoruba's are 50% muslim and 50% xtrians, anyway thats beside the point the Yoruba african tradition , forget what muslim or christanity permits allow us to have as many wives as possible, my Grand father had 20 wives like 60 kids if not more. How many wives did Abiola have?? nobody knows, so your argument that because the northerners are muslims there population should be more does not hold.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 1:11pm On Sep 22, 2008
@knowall
african tradition is not applicable to only yorubas but all the tribes in nigeria. religion has however restricted its practice. my grand dad also had lots of wives but the truth is they are larger hausa fulani households than any other in the country.check the northern and southern governirs as an example and you will discover that most northern governors have large household while most (if not all) the southern governors have small households. 85% of hausa fulanis have more than a wive,you cant say the same about the southerners period
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 6:50am On Sep 23, 2008
religion have not. people still do what they want. if religion have affect nigeria, why are nigerian still running fraud in govt and other things in nigeria. religion have not really touch our lifes.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

religion have not. people still do what they want. if religion have affect nigeria, why are nigerian still running fraud in govt and other things in nigeria. religion have not really touch our lifes.

i take solace to the fact that its obvious that you have lost sense of direction on this argument of ours!
please dont feel bad someone has clearly proved you wrong,you can be compensated with the fact that if you argue with the mallam selling suya or the shoe maker or mai guard you will clearly prove your point and beat him hands down and with all due respect to the good people of yorubaland you are a big disappointment to them and there can do good from distancing themselves from you!
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 6:40am On Sep 24, 2008
So you love our people to be slave to your people. that would stop very soon. and i would see what you people would do about it. remember you have no access to the sea. and you are very very small.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by lacrimose(f): 7:14am On Sep 24, 2008
I AM ABSOLUTELY SICK OF YOUR POSTS

NO SENSE OF DIRECTION

IT IS BECOMING IRRITATING

If you want to make a difference, get into Nigerian politics then, you wont create more states in yorubaland by creating new threads every week.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

So you love our people to be slave to your people. that would stop very soon. and i would see what you people would do about it. remember you have no access to the sea. and you are very very small.

bushman,the north (middle-belt inclusive) is 60% of nigeria in terms of population.

access to sea does not determine economic gains! infact (and this is a fact) there are very few land locked countries in the world,70% of which are economically strong,on the other hand only 43% of the countries with access to sea are economically strong. in africa the country with the most impressive economic record with the highest per capita income is botswana and its land locked,in europe the best places to live based on their per capita income are switzerland and luxembourg and there are land locked. MOST I EDUCATE YOU ON EVERYTHING?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 5:20pm On Sep 24, 2008
60 % another 419, so who is 419 NASA or mr makama. Are you saying NASA is 419. that the USA is involve in 419.?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 5:35pm On Sep 24, 2008
mumu did NASA carry out census in nigeria? havent i explained the concept behind satellite pictures to you? common sense should tell you that if obasanjo should have 30 houses does not mean he lives in all 30,can people be this dumb? which school did you go to? i strongly advice NUC to check that school out,do you know what causes menigitis? jeez you are DUMB
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by Nigeria10: 6:15pm On Sep 24, 2008
Is this the white people who would do 419 to you in this video. So you thing them be like you. who there look for mugu ,   If the NASA pictures are not correct. look the USA media houses would have exposed it. this is a society where even president george bush can be exposed and arrest for a crime, they so much follow the law. believe me, white people did not do 419, it was mr makama and shehu musa who were behind the 419.  NASA is one of the best agency in the USA, they would never manipulate this pictures.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 7:21pm On Sep 24, 2008
Nigeria1@;:

Is this the white people who would do 419 to you in this video. So you thing them be like you. who there look for mugu , If the NASA pictures are not correct. look the USA media houses would have exposed it. this is a society where even president george bush can be exposed and arrest for a crime, they so much follow the law. believe me, white people did not do 419, it was mr makama and shehu musa who were behind the 419. NASA is one of the best agency in the USA, they would never manipulate this pictures.

http://abcnews.go.com/Video/playerIndex?id=2935397

bros is it that you dont know the difference between pictures or numbers or what? what has shehu musa got to do with census? was it not conducted under obasanjo? WHO THE HELL ALLOWED YOU ACCESS TO A COMPUTER?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by DRANOEL(m): 7:56pm On Sep 24, 2008
nigeria1@/:

Shehu Musa was the one who stated this census manipulation nonsense. He manipulated the census figure many years ago. All makama did was just mulitple the data that shehu musa had. IF you look at the former census and you mutiple that census by about 1.5 , you would get the new census figure. or something closed to it. Shehu musa is from niger state, where that man who was paid to claim he as 86 women is from. i would assume from the same place. that is how propaganda works in nigeria.

see how madness the start
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by frag(m): 6:52am On Sep 27, 2008
Is this your school project?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by davidif: 11:45pm On Sep 28, 2008
@mr i am so obsessed with satellite maps.
here is the reason why we should create more states angry
http://sunnewsonline.com/webpages/news/national/2008/sept/27/national-27-09-2008-001.htm

and remember next time that when you have a large inefficient biz that is not working that instead of downsizing, you just keep employing more and more people to keep creating more departments. angry
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 1:07am On Sep 29, 2008
David. did you read the story. If you read the story, you would see, I am right. The story says 1.3 tr is use to take care of them, but check the story again. it says nearly half of the money (600 billion) is used by local govt. we all know do not contribute any development contribution to the people. They just chop money.

So what you want to do is eliminated them. Have staff move over to state. You are eliminating 774 govt struture and adding just 16 news state. you are saving money this way. While member of the state house of assembly now would perform the function and also the state house duties. while the federal and state share 50% each. you now introduce 3 provinces. Do not introduce 6 . The reason is the 6 zoning strusture is not the best for nigeria. you can not have yorubas in kwara and kogi in different provinces. This way a Bukola saraki from kwara would be able to contest election for president . but now bukola saraki can not contest for the position of president in nigeria. the political structure would work again him.

3 provinces would be man by 3 vices president. it remove the old system of the 1960 where 3 party control the region . only one party would control the 3 provinces. it is a winner take all. which party win the president also would automatically win all of the 3 provinces.

Govt bazaar
, N1.3tr blown on official allowances
By Vincent Ukpong Kalu (vin@sunnewsonline.com)
Saturday, September 27, 2008

Nigeria's President, Yar'Adua
Photo by: Sun News Publishing

More Stories on This Section

Would you believe that a nation that budgets N2.6tr for a fiscal year spends at least half of that amount to service public office holders or political appointees whose benefit to the economy and society is still not clear.

Saturday Sun delved into the records to uncover the exact figures the officers earn, especially after the recent increase in wages of the president, his deputy and National Assembly members.

The cost of running Nigeria through the payment and settlement of officers makes it clear why projects and facilities remain neglected.

Expensive ‘democracy’
A good instance on how expensive it is to run Nigeria was an observation Saturday Sun made in Bayelsa State over two years ago. That was when the Vice President was the governor of that state. It was on about the second Sunday of July that year during a visit to the state that a certain Claver Kisikpo, then member of the House of Representatives for Ogbia Federal Constituency handed out 20 motorcycles, four sewing machines, and one sawing (dolmar) machine to his constituents. That is where the Vice President comes from.

He was, therefore, invited to be the special guest to hand over the items. But one was careful enough to count 19 vehicles in the governor’s entourage with at least three persons in one. These cars were fuelled, the occupants paid for the trip, and at last the cost of funding the trip of the governor’s team outweighed the cost of the items Kisikpo gave out which brought the team.

Increasing the load
The recent pronouncement by the Revenue Mobilization Allocation and Fiscal Commission (RMAFC) to jerk up the salaries of political office holders has unfolded another reason Nigeria has been in motion without movement for almost half a century of independence.

In a nation now ravaged by hunger, disease, broken-down infrastructure, power failure, an economy that is on a tailspin and a terrible education sector, the cost of maintaining political office holders keeps rising geometrically especially with a bloated and burgeoning bureaucracy.
The 2008 budget of the Federal Government is N2.6tr, but N1.3tr is to be spent on political office holders’ salaries.

Last August, the RMAFC increased by over 100 per cent the basic salaries of legislators in the three tiers of government to fall in line with that of the executive arm and backdated it to last year.
This more is considered incredible in a country that falls below the world’s poverty line and where the minimum wage of the ordinary worker is N7,500. The United Nations Human Development Report (UNHDR) published for 2007/2008 confirms greater populations of Nigeria live in abject poverty. The current data disclose that 92.4 per cent of Nigerians live on $2 per day while 70.8 per cent live on $1.
But the RMAFC pay rise for the privileged was said to be routine in line with the level of inflation in the economy.

Not a big deal
A document on recommendation packages by the RMAFC for political, public and judicial office holders in Nigeria stated that the review was a function of changes in the basic fundamentals of the Nigeria economy, external reserves, Gross Domestic Products, growth rate, rate of inflation and the need for a living image by the new increase.

In this vein, the basic salary of a senator has increased from N993,697 to N2,484,245 while his counterpart in the House of Representatives had his jerked from N794,084 to N1,985,213.
Also increased are the benefits and allowances, which are between 45 and 200 per cent of their basic and annual salaries. Others allowances are vehicle maintenance, which was increased from 30 to 75 per cent; entertainment, from 10 to 30 per cent; utility, from 20 to 30 per cent. Also increased are personal assistant, 25 per cent; wardrobe, 25 per cent; domestic staff, 15 per cent; recess allowance, 10 per cent; newspaper, 15 per cent. Constituency and furniture allowances all went up by 300 per cent once in tenure; motor vehicle loan is 400 per cent repayable in six years.

Legislative extortion
From the basic salaries and their allowances, it costs the nation, on the conservative side, N28,568,965 to take care of a senator and N22,829,950 for a House of Representatives member annually. However, the lawmakers, who most Nigerians have come to regard as indolent fat cats and lotus-eaters, have other sources from which they take care of themselves that at the end, each of them would end up going home with between N50m and N100m annually.

N593bn for your councillors
For the third tier of government, it costs N593bn to take care of the chairmen and councillors in the 774 councils yearly.

Before the upward review, the annual basic salaries and allowances of elected council officials last February was N343b.
There are about 11,788 executive and legislative officers in the 774 local government areas in the country.

According to RMAFC document, the total annual salary of the executive arm of the councils is about N250bn and that of the legislature stands at about N343bn.

With the review, a local government area chairman’s annual basic salary is now N982,312. His deputy’s pay is N853.056. The chairman is entitled to 100 per cent of his annual basic salary for accommodation and 400 per cent of his basic salary as car loan while 300 per cent of the annual basic salary as furniture allowance. Others are 30 per cent of annual basic salary for utility bills and 75 per cent for domestic staff.

A councillor takes home a basic salary of N950.095. The legislative leader and his deputy in a local government council earn annual basic salary of N1m and N980, 095.
This is outside what the local government chairmen earmark as security votes. The security vote of some council chairmen is more than N5m a month. The councillors in some councils connive with the chairmen to approve high security votes because they have some cuts from it.

Ministers
There are 28 ministries with 42 ministers. Each minister earns an annual basic salary of N2.026m, which is at par with that of the Chief of Staff to the President, Secretary to the Federal Government, Head of Service, Chairman of Commission. The review also saw the President and Vice President earning N3,515m and N3.032m respectively.

The federal executive officers earn a total of N8,604,590,680 in salaries alone. Their allowances calculated alongside the basic salary brings the cost of keeping them in office to N98.3b representing over 1000 per cent increase.

In the team of the president, the deputy and their wives are 70 political appointees who are one form of special assistant, secretary to the special assistant and senior special assistants. Earlier last year the FG had announced that no political appointees should earn less than N300,000 per month. That gives an idea of at least N3.6m statutory expenses, excluding allowances that. For 70 officers, it is at least N252 million that goes into retaining their services.

NASS, states and Assemblies
The 469 federal legislators cost the country N66.4b annually to take care of. For the 36 state governments, there are at least 2,664 officials in the executive arm. Also, there are 1,152 state Houses of Assembly members. They all receive a salary totalling N36b annually,
Every increase in the overheads of the political office holders brings down the amount set aside for capital projects.

In 1998, pay roll and overheads of political office holders was N124b and by 2002, it jumped to N493. The same year, capital projects came down from 63 per cent to 32 per cent.
It is estimated that the salary review would cost the Federal Government N1736, state governments, N360b and local governments, N5936n.

Labouring for appointees
Recently, the Federal Government said it has spent N862b in education in the last eight years. When this is placed side by side with what is will take to pay the political officers in local governments areas, the reason why the education sector is in comatose becomes clearer.
Going by the figures from the RMAFC, between 1999 and 2007, not less than N5tr has been spent on political office holders in the three tiers of government.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by davidif: 9:35am On Sep 29, 2008
oga, look you can't do without local govts because they are closest to the people and they understand the peoples needs more than the state govt,  In yanki, we call them counties and they are semi independent from the state and from the fed. govt. They raise revenue through property taxes to build there own roads (not with fed. govt. money), schools, hospitals and help create jobs(they even have there own law enforcement from police to highway trooper). Also, whatever resources, they have belongs to them and not the state (majority are even privately held and are not even held by the state). Another reason why the local govt. is extremely important is that they are easy to govern because of there small size unlike the fed govt. or the state govt. where you have to go via a senate and house of legislators (and we are not even talking about the ministries) all the way to the capital city. This unique feature makes them very accountable to there local constituents because all you have is a perm. sec. and a local govt. council. If they are not doing there jobs right then they get fired through what we call a referendum or a "recall" unlike the president where you have to wait 4 years to vote him out of office.
So my good friend, i don't agree with you in scrapping all of Nigeria's 774 local govts. and replacing them with states, just make them all independent on there own. Just think about it,  is it easier to govern 700 people in one LGA or 15 million in one state.

On a side note, if you want the creation of more states, then they should all be independent and not be asking for budget allocation or salaries from the fed. govt.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 12:28am On Sep 30, 2008
David, Nigeria is not yankee. If you want to solve a problem. You look at the problem and ask what happen to 1.3 tr. If 600 billion have gone to the local govt and you can not name 3 local govt that have built any road , school or hospital, what is the need of having them .

Close to the people you said. what closer to chairman pocket. Explain what your local govt have done for you before in Nigeria

If you increase the number of state to 50, you get closer to the people and you would now convert the money , I mean 600 billion to state. that is 12 billion each for each state. that would go along way in helping the people.   12 billion can build 240 school?  Which one do you want 240 new school in each state or millionaire local govt chairman who do not build schools. ? local govt chairman make more money( illegal) a year than the governor of New york. which one do you want, pick one?
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 2:07pm On Sep 30, 2008
david bear with us abroad. most people are busy and they can not be on the internet all the time. so no time to edit. internet is the only way to speak pinkin over here. so abeg, so it is not a place for us to blow grammer. no vex.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 9:57am On Oct 01, 2008
They claim kano state is 9 million and oyo state is 5 million . another 419

Let look at the second largest city in kano state Dambarta and compare it to the second largest in oyo state which is oyo city(5 pages of picture). And other 5 other cities in oyo state. you would notice that Dambarta would not even be among the first 10 largest city in Oyo state.  What would this tell any normal human been, cancel the census figures. it was 419. and that is why buhari believes he won. makama 419 everybody , including buhari.  It is a difficult thing to do for president Yar adua, but if he claim he is good muslim who introduce sharia. I believe he should obey Allah rather man. If he does not obey God, I believe the supreme court should just go ahead and cancel the election, but he cancel the census, the supreme court should do otherwise, it is the only legal thing to do.  I believe this is a test of his believe in allah and if you believe in miracle like i do, God may have mercy upon his soul and heal him.

Here is Dambarta in kano state, (second largest)

Oyo city, second largest

Ogbomosho

Saki

Iseyin

Ikeshi

Eruwa

Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 12:29pm On Oct 01, 2008
Auwal the alternative is for the  yorubas to join the republic of benin, look how the map would be. We would be bigger than ghana. And 3 times as populated as Ghana.

And on the unification of the yorubas with benin republic,  it is not new for reunification,  West and east germany where reunited,   So if the Yorubas are reunited with Benin republic it is not new. With a population of 60 million. An a projected population of 90 million in 30 years times.

The total land area from bash ali picture would be 301,375 sq km . it would have about the same area as poland, Norway , Ivory coast, Oman, Malaysia ,    and it would have more land area than United kingdom, romania, Belgium, Czech, Holland,Austria, Hungary Philipine, South korea, Demark,Isreal, Portugal, Urugary just to list some few.

It would have a population about the size of Frances, Italy, United Kingdom.

the rest of Nigeria would still be over 100 million according to mr makama,  And Nigeria would still be ranked  the 10th most populated nation in the world.

Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 6:43pm On Oct 01, 2008
i will back to do a full detail , of a new benin republic.
Re: Creation Of More State In Yorubaland An Issue Of Justice Delay Is Justice Denied by nigeria12: 7:59am On Oct 02, 2008
i no get time yesterday i will try today.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Commissioning Of The Remodelled GAT, MMA, Lagos / Atiku Is Very Determined To Go To Court - Fani Kayode / Ekiti Election Results Are Unacceptable - Jolayemi, Segun Oni’s Spokesman

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 125
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.