Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,412 members, 7,850,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:44 PM

NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? - Sports (43) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? (69617 Views)

Weekend Betting Tips (11-12/04/2015) / NFL To Investigate 146 Goals In Two Matches / Tribute To Africans Who Play In The NFL (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (80) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 3:36pm On Oct 13, 2009
that offense is a gimmick though. it's time they see what they have in chad henne
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 7:04pm On Oct 13, 2009
@biina
Kerry Collins did a decent job last season maybe they shoulda stuck with him as for Haynesworth me thinks the nigga just played his best for a contract year cos he has done precious little since joining the Redskins
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2009
Kerry collins is a game manager, and not a big game passer. Last season he had a 58% CMP averaging 6.5yds/attempt, and only 12 touch down. He is the wrong guy for a team with a struggling defense. He just cant put up the required numbers and rarely makes play when outside the pocket.

The problems with the Redskins seems astrological. Still I agree Haynesworth played his best cos it was a contract year. He did have a decent season in 2007 too.

Titans need to put an end to the nickel scheme and stop covering tight-ends with linemen. The nickel is making them weak against the run, and making them concede big plays to tight-ends or slot receivers down the middle. They cannot baby sit those CBs forever.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by HIO4: 1:48am On Oct 14, 2009
Whassup with that white boy (Owen Schmitt) out there on sunday whacking himself on the forehead/face over and again with a helmet, blood oozing and gushing from his face. That's why you don't fucck with white boys man. Motherfuckers can get insane-crazy on yo ass.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 2:06am On Oct 14, 2009
^^

he was crazier when he played at west virginia.  you need them crazy white boys on your team and not playing against you. 

the wide receivers at tennesse suck, it's not solely the quaterback fault.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 4:41am On Oct 14, 2009
Play of the Week: Dre Bly  grin

[flash=480,385]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/evD04gyLHqA[/flash]
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by HIO4: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2009
Dre Bly is a fool. The imbecilic showboating would have been a little more excusable had the 49ers been ahead. Instead they were down 35-10 at that time, I believe. Ended up making a fool of himself by turning the ball over. "Ima be me" .
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 3:47pm On Oct 16, 2009
Hmm not really sure how this week is going to pan out but the standout game for me is the Saints vs Giants. That should be an offensive fiesta
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 1:57am On Oct 17, 2009
I expect the Giants to win based on their stronger running game and better defence. Eli should take apart the blitz happy saint defence, while Brees has his work cut out against the no1 ranked defence.

Ravens v Vikings should also be good, and Denver should get the first half of their revenge on the Chargers.

Titans v Pats should also be interesting. Tennessee will win a game sooner or later.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:56am On Oct 18, 2009
definitely not against the pats.

patriots hardly lose two games in a row.

speaking about Massachusetts - anyone know how the redsox did in the playoffs. are they still in grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 8:51am On Oct 18, 2009
bawomolo:

definitely not against the pats.

patriots hardly lose two games in a row.
The sun shines on a dog's arse once in a while grin

speaking about Massachusetts - anyone know how the redsox did in the playoffs. are they still in  grin
Heard they were swept away by some angels from the city of angels grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 7:30pm On Oct 18, 2009
Giants @ Saints turning to a real shootout with the Saints having the upper hand for now.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 8:33pm On Oct 18, 2009
Game over Giants 17 -41 Saints.
The Giants had their opportunity just before the half, but blew it.

The Giants have failed to put pressure on Brees and he is just taking them apart.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 10:15pm On Oct 18, 2009
tom brady is whooping on the titans.

someone please call 9/11
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 11:21pm On Oct 18, 2009
bawomolo:

tom brady is whooping on the titans.

someone please call 9/11

He did 3 touchdowns in 3.29 mins. Whiteboy is on fire. hehehe, Giselle musta done something kinky yester-night on him! grin grin
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 11:40pm On Oct 18, 2009
What is with the Pats and running up scores. Leading the titans 45-0, Brady still came out after the half to make it 52-0.
Its just classless IMO  undecided
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 11:45pm On Oct 18, 2009
59 - 0

it don do now. jeff fisher must have slept with bellichiks wife
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 12:46am On Oct 19, 2009
@biina
It was 48-27 to the Saints actually i think you under-rated their running game

I guess i was right when i said the Titans are the shittiest team in the league! The Redskins are not too far behind! These guys should be relegated to Arena Football but those Pats dey vex ohh

All em AFC North teams lost except the Mighty Steelers
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by biina: 2:24am On Oct 19, 2009
I think its more of I overestimated the Giants defence. The secondary was poor and they rarely got pressure on Brees. On some of the snaps, Drew had enough time to call home before making the throw. shocked

The Giants window of opportunity was at the end of the half, when a goal line stand by their defence kept the score at 27 -17, and they could have gotten some point on the board and still gotten the ball back at the start of the 3rd qtr. Instead of seizing the opportunity, Eli fumbled the ball due to pressure from a blind side blitz (something they failed to pickup throughout the game) and they gave the saints the ball back at the giants 1 yrd line. Saints score, 34-17 and that was the beginning of the end.

Ravens are having some real tough losses. They deserve more than 3-3.

Congrats to the Chiefs on their first win and to the Raiders defence for holding the eagles to only field goals.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:14pm On Oct 19, 2009
I am now officially a believer in the New Orleans Saints. What they did to the Giants was not a cakewalk at all. I hope they can stay healthy and make a good run.

See these people poking at the Red Sox angry issok. Maybe this will serve as wake up call to the management to go and buy some sluggers!

and biina did you really say Brady coming out for only 1 series in the second half was classless? What is this, JV compassion, feel-sorry-for-your-opponent league? There's no crying in football jor. 59-0 cool the prettiest scorline I have personally ever seen.

However I woulda much prefered it came against a better opponent - like your Colts tongue
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 2:15pm On Oct 19, 2009
biina:

Congrats to the Chiefs on their first win and to the Raiders defence for holding the eagles to only field goals.
This is bad for the Eagles. Against those clueless Raiders they couldn't score TDs? very bad.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 3:18pm On Oct 19, 2009
smh@matt forte and that o-line.  the season has just began though

bellicheat was wrong for going on 4th down in the 2nd half.  that's classless

Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 4:10pm On Oct 19, 2009
lol nothing Brady or Bill do will ever satisfy the naysayers. It is NE tradition to play every down like it mattered. Again there's no crying in football, if you don't like it, stop them from advancing.

and by the way wetin do Mark Sanchez? 5 INTs? Favre is probably seething with envy.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 5:46pm On Oct 19, 2009
JeSoul:

lol nothing Brady or Bill do will ever satisfy the naysayers. It is NE tradition to play every down like it mattered. Again there's no crying in football, if you don't like it, stop them from advancing.

going for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter while in field goal range is classless. what's bellicheat trying to prove?

I better not see you patriots fans complain when opposing defenses go for brady's knee again. every down counts right?
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by A40(m): 6:41pm On Oct 19, 2009
@Bawo
You are there shaking your head at other players oya come and explain why Jay Cutler has thrown 7 red zone INT's in less than two seasons and you say he is not shitty!! Una defenbe na im dey cover the guy yansh.Wetin yoruba boy dey do for your team?

Chargers vs Broncos on MNF i gotta try to stay up for that one
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 9:17pm On Oct 19, 2009
bawomolo:

going for it on 4th down in the 4th quarter while in field goal range is classless. what's bellicheat trying to prove?

I better not see you patriots fans complain when opposing defenses go for brady's knee again. every down counts right?
Going for a players knee for the sole purpose of harm is what is classless. But yes I have zero problem with any team playing every down like it mattered . . . I've never understood the beef against "running up the score" in pro sports.

A-40:

@Bawo
You are there shaking your head at other players oya come and explain why Jay Cutler has thrown 7 red zone INT's in less than two seasons and you say he is not shitty!! Una defenbe na im dey cover the guy yansh.
Urlacher don talk am now . . . "pussycat without the cat" grin.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 9:20pm On Oct 19, 2009
A-40:

@Bawo
You are there shaking your head at other players oya come and explain why Jay Cutler has thrown 7 red zone INT's in less than two seasons and you say he is not shitty!! Una defenbe na im dey cover the guy yansh.Wetin yoruba boy dey do for your team?

Chargers vs Broncos on MNF i gotta try to stay up for that one

that's what happens when you have no running game.  cutler is forced to throw.

that frank omiyale dude can't even pronounce his name lol

I've never understood the beef against "running up the score" in pro sports.

not that but who goes on 4th down while being up 52 pts.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by JeSoul(f): 9:31pm On Oct 19, 2009
bawomolo:

that's what happens when you have no running game. cutler is forced to throw.
Forced to throw? isn't that the job of a qb? having a good running game is a luxury. The first duty of a QB is to throw.

not that but who goes on 4th down while being up 52 pts.
NE. This offense has been out of sync for the past few weeks, you can't smack on Bill for wanting to 'practice' in a real game situation.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 12:13am On Oct 20, 2009
JeSoul:

Forced to throw? isn't that the job of a qb? having a good running game is a luxury. The first duty of a QB is to throw.

sharrap. see what adrian peterson has done to brett favre. i would still jay culter the benefit of the doubt for now. we have no short running game. that puts stress on the QB.

NE. This offense has been out of sync for the past few weeks, you can't smack on Bill for wanting to 'practice' in a real game situation.

lol bellicheat up to his old tricks. you guys aren't making it past the first round though
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by rikkyjen(m): 12:35am On Oct 20, 2009
Tom Brady and Billy Bellichick are the most classless fellows have ever seen in my entire life.

Beating a man down as they did was fine. Afterall, in the NFL if you can take the bombs and bullets don't smell the battlefront!

But humiliating a man when he's down a la the Titans reeks of lack of class and condescension.

The thing is this: Fisher criticized the shyte outta Bellichick when the "Spying" ish came out last season, so in order to get back, our man Billy decided to pounce on the Titans to prove a point. How can you be leading with 38-0 or so at half time and still bring in Brady at the 3rd quarter?

The word classles doesn't get more defined as the NE defined it. No wonder Bellichick and NE are the most disliked team in the whole NFL.

As Bawomolo opined, watch opponents go for Brady's jugular! I hope this time some 350lb Linebacker won't make him outta thefield permanently.

IMO, this victory is a pyrrhic one for NE!! No matter the winning margin or here and there success NE may garner this season, the whole world and their mama know that its the end of an era. Brady aint winning squat again! Maybe one more AFC championship till he retires, nothing more!
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by Moonstone(f): 11:02pm On Oct 20, 2009
Gosh I've missed y'all soooooooooooo much. Especially my darlings - JeSoul and Chiogo.

For the first time in a loooooooooooong time, I'm so proud of my Saints. Yet to lose a game. It might be a bit premature but maybe Reggie and Kim breaking up finally helped his silly self.
I thought beating someone 26-0 was bad enough (Packers and Lions) but beating someone 59-0 is really barbaric. I think the Titans should take a leave for like 3 weeks and blame it on their menstrual pains or something. I don't even think Patriots can beat a High School team that bad.
I feel for them - I really do. Thank my stars that I am not a Titans' fan.
Re: NFL 11-12 Season Is Here: Where Are All The NFL Fans? by bawomolo(m): 12:56am On Oct 21, 2009
rikkyjen:

Tom Brady and Billy Bellichick are the most classless fellows have ever seen in my entire life.

Beating a man down as they did was fine. Afterall, in the NFL if you can take the bombs and bullets don't smell the battlefront!

But humiliating a man when he's down a la the Titans reeks of lack of class and condescension.

The thing is this: Fisher criticized the shyte outta Bellichick when the "Spying" ish came out last season, so in order to get back, our man Billy decided to pounce on the Titans to prove a point. How can you be leading with 38-0 or so at half time and still bring in Brady at the 3rd quarter?

The word classles doesn't get more defined as the NE defined it. No wonder Bellichick and NE are the most disliked team in the whole NFL.

As Bawomolo opined, watch opponents go for Brady's jugular! I hope this time some 350lb Linebacker won't make him outta thefield permanently.

IMO, this victory is a pyrrhic one for NE!! No matter the winning margin or here and there success NE may garner this season, the whole world and their mama know that its the end of an era. Brady aint winning squat again! Maybe one more AFC championship till he retires, nothing more!

i agree. bellicheat needs to stop holding grudges. The last thing any reasonable coach would do is risk his franchise quarterback in a meaningless game.

the giants pulled out eli manning before the half in the game against the raiders. the giants could have easily scored 50 in that game but it's just a regular season game.

(1) (2) (3) ... (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) ... (80) (Reply)

Throwback Photos Of Moses Simon & His Wife, Ibukun Sarah Adenuga, Before Fame / Cristiano Ronaldo’s Girlfriend Georgina Rodriguez In Tears After Hat-trick (Phot / Emmanuel Emenike's New House In Owerri (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.