Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,864 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:43 PM

France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final - Sports (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final (11335 Views)

Poll: France vs Italy - who's going to win?

France: 65% (26 votes)
Italy: 35% (14 votes)
This poll has ended

Nigeria VS Italy: Man Of The Match? / Nigeria Vs Italy - International Friendly: (2 - 2) On 18th November 2013 / Nigeria Vs Italy: U-20 Women's World Cup (4 - 0) On Sunday August-26-2012 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Reverend(m): 10:35pm On Jul 09, 2006
GO ITALY grin grin

Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by MerC2(f): 10:39pm On Jul 09, 2006
cheesy cheesy cheesy life goes on.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Jalal(m): 10:40pm On Jul 09, 2006
Yeah c'est la vie
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Reverend(m): 10:41pm On Jul 09, 2006
Mer-C:

cheesy cheesy cheesy life goes on.

You are absolutely right  grin grin

It is after all only a game and we have to go through the whole thing again in another four years  cheesy cheesy
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by MerC2(f): 10:44pm On Jul 09, 2006
YUP YUP YUP

ALLEZ LES BLEUS!!! kiss kiss
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by sage(m): 10:59pm On Jul 09, 2006
I am about to have some pasta now grin cheesy. I said it, Italy all the way

Forza Italia

Viva Italia too cheesy grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by xdos(m): 11:01pm On Jul 09, 2006
grin grin grin grin
I went to a friend's house with my cousin to watch the match. The whole family was supporting france as though france will give them visa after the match and my cousin and I was the only ones supprting Italy,
Zidane's act was so unprofessional after all his professional play, What a shame,
He is my man though.
grin grin grin grin grin

Italy all the way bro
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Oracle(m): 11:24pm On Jul 09, 2006
I'm not really much of a football lover, but immediately ZIDANE used his head as a weapon of mass destruction against MATTERAZZI, i knew it was over for france. undecided undecided

Sorry but some things just has to happen. wink wink wink

Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Snoop001(m): 11:31pm On Jul 09, 2006
i said it, i said it, Azzuri are the champion. we won, we won. up Italy

Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by olufunto(f): 11:34pm On Jul 09, 2006
damn ! i am pisssssed, wanted france to win soo badddd, but its all gud, hmmm today is my first time on this thingy, n' i ve been cracking up  eversince , was surfing the net to cool off 4rm the match and i came across this site, whoa, its really cool, cool people, nice sence of humor, i'm looking forward to meeting people, nwayz later
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by praetor(f): 11:41pm On Jul 09, 2006
I'm in shock!

I can't believe it, Zizou why now! What happened?

Oh well, bring on South Africa 2010!!!!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Jalal(m): 11:45pm On Jul 09, 2006
life goes on!!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Oracle(m): 12:05am On Jul 10, 2006
Exactly Jalal,
Life Goes on, No matter who wins the WORLD CUP
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Zufugard: 12:40am On Jul 10, 2006
bad move Zidane tongue
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by superman(m): 1:42am On Jul 10, 2006
ohhh damn oh well
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by kellorah: 2:21am On Jul 10, 2006
aww bless. i wanted dem to win n e ways, though i dont watch footie
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by ladex142(m): 2:36am On Jul 10, 2006
i hate penalty  sad even though i don't want France to win. Anybody have an idea how the guy that lost the penalty would be feeling?  embarassed
And what the F**k is wrong with Zinedine Zidane ?
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:56am On Jul 10, 2006
The hell with Italy, Im mad bout the game angry angry angry
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by soccerchic(f): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2006
The game is over and am soooo pissed that Italy win. I cried until i had no more tears left. As far as What Zizou did, Iam not mad @ you baby. Will still don't know what that FOOL said to Zizou, and whatever it is it must be realllllllyyyy bad for Zizou to lose his mind and act the way he did. Yea, he is a professional and he should not have reacted that way, but hey he is a human being first. For all those who r saying "ohh, why did he do what he did, cause now he has ended his career on a bad note bla bla bla, " To me Zizou will always be great. Love u Zizou and yes Henry, I will marry u baby.

Ps, (For the ladies) Did u all noticed how cute and sexy Theiry henry looked during the match, mmmmmmm oh mamamia tongue
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lordimpaq(m): 7:44am On Jul 10, 2006
is it something marco materazzi said,

well zizou sure did use his head that destroyed brazil 8 years back to destroy himself with a card,

poor fellow

FORZA ITALIA, the land of scandals,
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by memyself2(f): 8:25am On Jul 10, 2006
lmao all of u! grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by mamaput(f): 8:37am On Jul 10, 2006
Well its all over now . Kofi .A was there all the way from south Africa,
See Italy how they were fighting themselves to kiss cup.They even kissthe cup be4 they gave it to them.

Am pissed only because Butt head could not control himself
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by babadee(m): 9:06am On Jul 10, 2006
Damn, what the hell was Zidane thinking? though i think matterazi probably cussed his mama or something like that thats why he chose to end the reign of the pope with a red card.
screw Italy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lioness(f): 10:00am On Jul 10, 2006
That bloody italian had it coming.
He got what was coming to him grin

Still love u Zidane kiss
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Reverend(m): 10:21am On Jul 10, 2006
lioness:

That bloody italian had it coming.
He got what was coming to him grin

Still love u Zidane kiss

And France got what was coming for them too. So it all worked out well in the end grin grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by lioness(f): 10:29am On Jul 10, 2006
Difference is i still love France and italy i dont. Duh! tongue

Reverend:

And France got what was coming for them too. So it all worked out well in the end grin grin
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Priscila(f): 11:40am On Jul 10, 2006
Hey ewo! Phew!
Football can be extremely cruel!
I watched the coronation of a very uninspiring wrestler scandalouls King
The mighty can always lose to the meek but the ball is always round so it’s another rotation.
Meanwhile I am having a ball as I wait for another four years when the so called pending champions will be bundled out of the worldcup,manufacture a new villain and go back to their boring, uninspiring Serie A,just as it has been since 1966 incase you win your scandals.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by babaegun(m): 11:48am On Jul 10, 2006
Up Azzuris. But Zidane bow out in a terrible way. Thats the price for not controlling ones temper.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by retro(f): 11:55am On Jul 10, 2006
I hate Italy.
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Priscila(f): 12:05pm On Jul 10, 2006
@Codec! Forza Italia. But do I say
History favoured the Azzuri.
Sitting on the sidewalk almost weeping I begin to write this cos it’s the only thing left to be done. Now Brazil made me weep and its France again? And Zidane send off touched me so much that I am still in tears. Beating Brazil has given away the cup so cheaply. Why? France why?
@Retro.
I also hated them esp when they fought USA in pitch
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Constantin: 12:16pm On Jul 10, 2006
I was on the side of France , but France lost I am soooo sad now cry cry cry cry cry cry

What happened to Zidane cry cry cry cry cry

One thing I do not understand is that some countries in francophone Africa celebrated wildly when France lost (I read it in the papers this morning) and that they were on the side of Italy!! I cannot understand it, there were good players in the French team and a lot of players with African and Afro-Carrebean origin! Why did they rejoice when France lost? angry cry cry
Re: France vs Italy: Word Cup 2006 Final by Reverend(m): 12:35pm On Jul 10, 2006
@ Constantine

I would say that the reason that many people support France is that the team is made up exclusively of Black African players. It is the nearest thing you can get to Africa winning the World Cup grin grin It is wrong to sumise that just because a team contains a few African players then Africans have to support them. That is a pretty racist view!

17 out of the 23 players in the French Team are of ethnic origin. There was much issue back in France with the native French that the side did not represent the Nation!

The reality of any football competition is that only one team can win! Italy has won the cup fair and square. Let's not take away their moment of glory! That would be unfair!

Zidane lost his head and has paid for his actions. It does not matter if something was said to him. At the end of a long, successful career, he should have known better! Even the French captain has attacked Zidane in todays newspapers!

As for Francophone Africans not supporting France, why is this a surprise? just the same way that many ex-British colonies do not support England and are openly hostile towards the team. This is not suprising, I do not think that Just because the UK or France were in the cup that it is compulsory for Africans to support them.

We are all free to support any team we like. Politics unfortunately plays a large part in peoples loyalties, but at the end of the day the best team won!

Now we can take a rest for the next four years!

Peace

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Free Bet9ja, 1960Bet Predictions, Daily Betting Tips | www.solopredict.com / Messi's Ligue 1 Goal Drought Continues: No Goal In Five Games / An Epistle Of Super Eagles Victory

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.