Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,159 members, 7,818,526 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him (1846 Views)

See The Kind Of Picture A Guy Took With His Mom (photo) / Dear Family Please Advice A Wife To Be!!! / How My Stepsister And Her Husband Tricked Me And Took Egg From My Ovaries (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Hugger: 4:46pm On Sep 12, 2008
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/edinburgh_and_east/7612494.stm

A father struggling to cope with the break-up of his marriage has admitted murdering two of his children in the former family home.

Robert Thomson, 50, knifed his children Michelle, 25, and Ryan, seven, a total of 26 times on 3 May in Buckhaven, Fife, before trying to kill himself.

The High Court in Edinburgh heard how their mother, June Thomson, discovered her children's blood-soaked bodies.

Thomson will be sentenced next month. He faces life in prison.

Judge Lord Menzies described the crime as "indescribably awful".

The court heard that Thomson had sent another son to a local supermarket, then knifed his son and daughter to death in the empty house.

His son Ross, 20, later returned with his girlfriend, Kay Wallace, and they went to his room to watch a DVD - unaware that the two bodies were lying in their bedrooms.

Thomson, worried by their on-going divorce proceedings, had left a suicide note urging June not to blame herself.

The couple had been married for 27 years. There had been a court hearing the day before the murders.

The Thomsons also have an elder son, 27-year-old Shaun, who had left home to join the Army some time ago.

The court heard that digger driver Thomson had been showing signs of strain since his wife walked out in March.

He was described as being "down" or "withdrawn" and had spoken of suicide to his brother.

Advocate depute Kevin McCallum, prosecuting, said: "It is clear from conversations that he had with others, including workmates and relatives, that he was concerned or exercised by the fact that he might lose custody of his children and that he would stand to lose financially from the divorce action."

Mrs Thomson was seeking a £50,000 payoff and £250 a week, the court heard.

Thomson was still living at Muiredge Cottages, Buckhaven, with his son Ross at the time of the murders.

On 3 May, Mrs Thomson had been planning to move into a new flat in Markinch with Ryan and Michelle.

Mrs Thomson had been cleaning her new flat and had taken Ryan and Michelle to their father's house.

At about 1600 BST, Thomson asked Ross to go to Asda for things he said he had forgotten.

When he returned just over an hour later, Thomson told him Ryan and Michelle had left.

Mrs Thomson arrived about 1900 BST and went into Michelle's room, where she saw blood on the floor next to the bed where her daughter was lying.

Mrs Thomson found her husband lying in bed with a large knife on the bedside table beside him.

"She went into Ryan's room, pulled back the bedclothes and saw blood on the left side of his stomach and stab wounds," said Mr McCallum.

Ross heard her screaming: "He's killed them."

Thomson, who had slashed both wrists and stuck a knife into his own stomach, was taken to Queen Margaret Hospital, Dunfermline, where he was later interviewed and charged.

The court heard he had left a suicide note which included a message to his estranged wife: "June - too much pain, lies and hurt. Don't blame yourself. I will look after them. Just like your mother, move on alone. Love Rab Bleep"

Thomson spent part of his time on remand in the state hospital at Carstairs, but went to court on Friday from Perth Prison.

Defence QC Gordon Jackson, said doctors in Carstairs had found no evidence that Thomson was suffering from any mental illness.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by EFOSAVAL(f): 4:59pm On Sep 12, 2008
this is so awful embarassed embarassed
poor kids that have to end
their lives just bcoz things
are not going well with their parents
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by timbabng(m): 9:58pm On Sep 12, 2008
poor poor kids cry cry cry cry
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Outstrip(f): 2:47am On Sep 13, 2008
How stupid is this title. He killed his children and his wife and satan are to blame? May he rot in hell.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by DeepZone: 5:34am On Sep 13, 2008
Are they Nigerians?
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by DeepZone: 5:35am On Sep 13, 2008
How stupid is this title. He killed his children and his wife and satan are to blame? May he rot in hell.

I think it's better to ask God to forgive him. Men can be so callous.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Outstrip(f): 2:55pm On Sep 13, 2008
Thank you Deepzone but I will rather save my prayers for the victims. Let the devil take care of his own.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by ifyalways(f): 8:51pm On Sep 13, 2008
Deepzone they are not Nigerians.
Very sad story.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by JustGood(m): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2008
The man don allow satan use am. Na so women dey allow satan to use men to get into trouble
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Hugger: 12:03pm On Oct 22, 2008
The title is not stupid. The woman drove him to it by trying to make sure he doesn't have access to his children and "Mrs Thomson was seeking a £50,000 payoff and £250 a week, the court heard."
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Angolobabe(f): 1:27pm On Oct 22, 2008
poor innocent kids,the man is wicked period and cant blame devil for it .
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 1:32pm On Oct 22, 2008
Oh I want to cry! The Axis of evil at work here and it has been very well explained here by this gentleman

Hugger:

The title is not stupid. The woman drove him to it by trying to make sure he doesn't have access to his children and "Mrs Thomson was seeking a £50,000 payoff and £250 a week, the court heard."

See how women drive men to kill all because of money she most likel deserved after 27yrs of marriage. Why wouldn't she just leave the poor man alone and go her way? What did she need all tha money for? Isn't this London. . . couldn't she have gotten a council flat? Look at the madness she has unleashed with her greed. . . right, Mr. Hugger? I mean it couldn't just be that the man is a crazy Manipulative SOB with Murderous intent.

Nope, this poor man is a victim. . . a generous victim, I might add because even in his dispair, he had the good sense to leave a suicide note for his ex wife, telling her not to blame herself, knowing full well that by doing so, he is indirectly telling her it was her fault her children are dead. I tell ya, he is a man amongst men, too bad he got with a woman who wasn't nice enough not to want anything after 27yrs of marriage.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Hugger: 2:32pm On Oct 23, 2008
Angolobabe:

poor innocent kids,the man is wicked period and can't blame devil for it .

No doubt the man is evil. Did she know that when she married him? and they were together for so many years
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 3:02pm On Oct 23, 2008
Hugger:

No doubt the man is evil. Did she know that when she married him? and they were together for so many years

Huggy, what exactly is your point here. Please bring it down for us, oh jare.

I'm rooting for you, your brilliance and your unique way of looking at things. wink
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Nobody: 3:27pm On Oct 23, 2008
From the title alone I can say the poster is a duuudeeee.

1. "Driven by his wife to murderous intents, " : this is clearly a duuude speaking. Oh poor man. He was so nice and naive and never in his life had he thought of even harming a fly. But then there came the woman. The deceiver. The responsible for the expulsion from Eden and the fall of man. She, allied with the devil, planned to put her husband into shame. To deprive him of his home, of his children and of his freedom. A man who could grasp a knife and even dare point it to his children must have really been pushed to the limit. There is no way he alone could have thought of such an awful act. He was just the victim of a perfect plan architected by the devil.

2. Yes the devil. Ohh Lucifer, thou left thy comfortable throne of hell to sneak onto the earth and play once more with the heart of man. Unto his wife you breathe your spirit conceited of perfect evil and the taste of destruction. You know the heart of women as it is you who have from adam tamed it to be at your service. Poor man! Poor god on earth. He has fallen from his throne and we at the altar we seek justice against that Jezebel.

Oh fallen god, with thine bleeding heart, forgive thou the sinner as she didn't know what she was doing to thee.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 4:00pm On Oct 23, 2008
On one of those FBI shows, a robber whom the cops were chasing managed to finagle his way into another person’s house right. I think he pretended to be in need or something like that. Being the Good Samaritan he was, the owner of the house invited him into the house where our lovely robber proceeds to hold the man and his son hostage or at least that’s what they thought since he had a gun in his hand. They were there for days and days until the police finally found a way to enter and arrest the man.

In court, the “visitor” was his own lawyer. . . he pled not guilty to the kidnapping and holding someone else hostage charges because

1) He was invited into the house

2) They weren’t really his hostages since he let them use the bathroom, go to the kitchen and watch TV

3) How could he have held them hostage when he allowed the father to go to the garage to get something.

4) They must have been okay with it after all they went to all those places and still came back without trying to escape.

5) They were in the house for longer than one day, which means at one point they became comfortable with the arrangement.

I bet you, if Hugger was the Judge or one of the Jury. . . he would find the man not guilt for 2 reasons :
1) The offender is a man and men are never responsible for their actions in Hugger's world
2) It is the same logic he is using here by asking if the woman knew her husband was bad before marrying him and how long she stayed married to him.

Hey let's play a game of substitution here - we will substitute the Father and son in the above situation with Mother and son, let's see exactly how Hugger thinks.

So Imagine he is the judge or one of the jury members. . . Anyone wanna guess how Hugger will go about this? Anyone. . . Aah, too many hands. Okay, I'll answer it myself - I bet everything that not only will he find the man not guilty, he will blame the woman for opening the door and god forbid they killed her son while she was trying to escape. . . Ay! Forget it, she is done for!!

Ah ya! That's Hugger Logic for you. lipsrsealed
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 4:04pm On Oct 23, 2008
michelin89:

1. "Driven by his wife to murderous intents, " : this is clearly a duuude speaking. Oh poor man. He was so nice and naive and never in his life had he thought of even harming a fly. But then there came the woman. The deceiver. The responsible for the expulsion from Eden and the fall of man. She, allied with the devil, planned to put her husband into shame. To deprive him of his home, of his children and of his freedom. A man who could grasp a knife and even dare point it to his children must have really been pushed to the limit. There is no way he alone could have thought of such an awful act. He was just the victim of a perfect plan architected by the devil.

2. Yes the devil. Ohh Lucifer, thou left thy comfortable throne of hell to sneak onto the earth and play once more with the heart of man. Unto his wife you breathe your spirit conceited of perfect evil and the taste of destruction. You know the heart of women as it is you who have from adam tamed it to be at your service. Poor man! Poor god on earth. He has fallen from his throne and we at the altar we seek justice against that Jezebel.

Oh fallen god, with thine bleeding heart, forgive thou the sinner as she didn't know what she was doing to thee.

You this girl! You are killing me this afternoon with your brains ooh but like I said. . . sofry, sofry before Hugger goes . Abeg don't let me lose my source of entertainment, I figure he is good for another hour or so. . . after that you can pepper him with sense and more sense. cheesy
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Gamine(f): 4:06pm On Oct 23, 2008
kai These smileys eh!!! grin

too funny
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by SimiBrasil(f): 4:10pm On Oct 23, 2008
It is better than comedy program tongue
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Shinatu: 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2008
michelin89:

I had to laugh when I read this, I admire your skills. but men will not like you o, you too sabi! grin

Seriously it beats me how someone would justify this horrible thing act.
The things women are accused of making men do, all women must be witches who go to the coven to manipulate the minds of men!
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Hugger: 4:11pm On Oct 24, 2008
Shinatu:

I had to laugh when I read this, I admire your skills. but men will not like you o, you too sabi! grin

The things women are accused of making men do, all women must be witches who go to the coven to manipulate the minds of men!

Use a dictionary before coming out to post. The fact that many of you dont seem to have brains that are well developed does not mean you should not consult a dictionary.
Where is the justification for the man's act?
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Shinatu: 4:28pm On Oct 24, 2008
shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Hugger: 4:43pm On Oct 24, 2008
where did anyone justify the guy's action? he is a murderer and will face the punishment for that. Did anyone justify the murder?
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Nobody: 4:55pm On Oct 24, 2008
Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him

analyze yout title yourself?

What has the wife go to do with his act?

What concerns Satan with this man?
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by biolabee(m): 5:47pm On Oct 24, 2008
Michelin

I semper trovo difficile conciliare ur posti con l'ur pix sul profilo.
ur veramente intelligente n intrepidi con un diabolico tocco di satira a la 'buona naija moglie'
è vero che la u? Nel come pix

u semper crack me up
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Nobody: 6:16pm On Oct 24, 2008
biolabee:

Michelin

I semper trovo difficile conciliare ur posti con l'ur pix sul profilo.
ur veramente intelligente n intrepidi con un diabolico tocco di satira a la 'buona naija moglie'
è vero che la u? Nel come pix

u semper crack me up

Na Napoli you dey stay wey you come up with this ghetto Italian? grin grin Awesome anyways.

Oh sì! Sono proprio io. Come si suole dire, l'apparenza inganna. Non sono poi così calma nella vita come lo sono in quella foto. E poi non so ma mi riesce naturale essere ironica. Sarà forse questa la qualità che mi porterà a diventare la prima Presidentessa donna della Nigeria.

Votami, mi raccomando! wink
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by Nobody: 6:18pm On Oct 24, 2008
Shinatu:

Na condition make my mouth bend like that. The time wey my mama dey stretch that my mouth make e for straight, I nor know say na for my own good she dey do am ooo. My sister I can assure you it's not easy to have a bent mouth that can't be closed properly and always emits sounds even against your wish. grin
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by spikedcylinder: 6:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
Of course Satan took "hold of him" Why the hell not? Satan is such a likable fellow isn't he? He takes hold of people and wills them to kill their children when their wives are being mean cheesy. That Satan eh? cheesy
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by biolabee(m): 6:40pm On Oct 24, 2008
Im felice che abbiamo articluate giovani donne come te che aspirano ad essere influente nel emergenti socio-economico inquadramento qui ,

Sono sicuro che se a nostra piattaforma è tite , u avere il mio voto.

Questo impianto è fornito da Google Translate come ho essere naija attraverso ragazzo.

Lei non è più lontano dalla verità, come ur che pixture in camera dice si tratta di me, tutti innocenti e smile!

Hehe

PS cambierà quando qualcuno si lamenta ,
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 8:35pm On Oct 24, 2008
Hey stop with the foreign language. Some of us are still trying to convice our husbands to allows us go to foreign language school. angry

Shinatu:

Rotflmao! That's what I've been saying but does she listen? Nooooo, it's when they nail her to a stake, she will get it. Then they will turn around and say she "drove" them to it.
Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by biolabee(m): 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2008
@babe_jinx

see excerpt from the good naija wife guide below

however to forestall the occurence of a storm on this issue i hereby revert to my original lingo,  please forgive me however this infraction shall be communicated in due course to ,  u know who lipsrsealed

Re: Driven By His Wife To Murderous Intents- Satan Took Hold Of Him by BabyJinx: 9:03pm On Oct 24, 2008
Oh dear! Yes, Yes, of course you are right. I'm so embarrassed right now.  I. . . I think I've been hanging out too much with these women libbers. Please accept my apologies and although I know it's the right thing to do or I won't be properly reprimanded. . . but would you find it in your heart not to. . . not to tell my husband? You know never mind, I should have asked you that. . . you are a man of integrity and I refuse to drive you into being a man of. . . of non-integrity(?). . . oh whatever, you are the man, you do what is best.

Thank you.

PS
Was just joking about the foreign language thing, I am just as guilty. . . if not more of doing it. You should check out the culture section, I mean no one speaks English over there. . . I'm kidding of course, well just a little bit. grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Abortion Is A Sin Against God And A Crime Against Humanity / She Slept With All The Boyfriends I Had So I Dated Her Brother / I Am Worried Sick.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.