Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,774 members, 7,851,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 02:48 AM

Can U Marry U Age Mate? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Can U Marry U Age Mate? (2561 Views)

I Hate It When My Younger Brother Age Mate Do This. / Is It Good To Date Your Age Mate? / Would You Marry Your Age Mate? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 9:36am On Sep 16, 2008
For Guys, when u marry a girl younger the chances of the marriage working is 50%/50%, but when u marry ur agemate then the chances of it working is 20%/80% with chances of failure been 80%.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by thendo(m): 9:47am On Sep 16, 2008
@ pollock

where did you get the stats please refer me to your source
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 10:13am On Sep 16, 2008
yes its good, been a very mature couple sure they can cope.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 10:18am On Sep 16, 2008
I think there is more meat to the topic, anybody can marry anybody, but the true hidden question is " will the marriage work?", alot of folks have highlighted some factors, especially in our nigerian culture,  just to add some

1. Respect. this is very important in our Nigerian culture, (i have seen alot of Nigerian marriages that have failed due to this especially in the U.S)
2. Level of reasoning,
3. Level of exposure
4. Women want men they can look up to
5. Physical apearance( i hate to say this, but unfortunately its true), no woman wants to look older than her husband)

from my personal experience and experiences of people i know. i hope this helps,
word of advice dont get into a relationship with ur agemate and waste years before u realise that it will lead nowhere. nip in the bud! Good luck!!!
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 10:19am On Sep 16, 2008
dyabman:

yes its good, been a very mature couple sure they can cope.
How
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 10:21am On Sep 16, 2008
I meant avoid it, it may work for some, but for most folks it won't
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 10:23am On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

I think there is more meat to the topic, anybody can marry anybody, but the true hidden question is " will the marriage work?", alot of folks have highlighted some factors, especially in our nigerian culture,  just to add some

1. Respect. this is very important in our Nigerian culture, (i have seen alot of Nigerian marriages that have failed due to this especially in the US)
2. Level of reasoning,
3. Level of exposure
4. Women want men they can look up to
5. Physical apearance( i hate to say this, but unfortunately its true), no woman wants to look older than her husband)

from my personal experience and experiences of people i know. i hope this helps,
word of advice don't get into a relationship with your agemate and waste years before u realise that it will lead nowhere. nip in the bud! Good luck!!!

Kasa Final
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 10:26am On Sep 16, 2008
geolabious:

How

okay , look when u marry someone younger than you, there are so many things she or he  wont understand becos of he/her low sense and maturity.

it can work for me . but i think men love it more than women to marry someone very young like 5-6 yrs younger. . . . easy to control them like Arrow
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by idupaul: 10:29am On Sep 16, 2008
yes i can and will
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 10:35am On Sep 16, 2008
@dyabman

Not always true, check these two scenerios

Man(38), Woman(33)
Man(43), Woman(23)

i think the second scenerio will fit into ur steroetype, , most likely not the first one won't.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 10:41am On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

@dyabman

Not always true, check these two scenerios

Man(38), Woman(33)
Man(43), Woman(23)

i think the second scenerio will fit into your steroetype, , most likely not the first one won't.

the last one is just the worst of all. , she wont die quick grin , all my heritance will be gone to her , the upper one is very good. lol i'm serious
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 10:49am On Sep 16, 2008
idupaul:

yes i can and will
UUUUUUHHHHHHHHHMMM
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 10:52am On Sep 16, 2008
Men have Egos, which is very normal or expected, but it becomes negative when u are with someone ur age or older

Typical scenerio( Example)

when u have a younger girl, and u guys get into an arguement, and she says something that is quite insulting, u will most likely overlook it cos u would say "Na small pickin dey worry am". u will easily forgive her, and she will love u more cos, u understand that she is young and immature.

but when the girl is ur agemate or older in same situation, u will feel more insulted cos of our "Male Ego", and it will be difficult for u to deal with, then she will think " u are acting immature", and she knows if u were older, u will overlook it.women know these things, its very normal.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 10:58am On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

Men have Egos, which is very normal or expected, but it becomes negative when u are with someone your age or older

when u have a younger girl, and u guys get into an arguement, and she says something that is quite insulting, u will most likely overlook it because u would say "Na small pickin dey worry am". u will easily forgive her, and she will love u more because, u understand that she is young and immature.

but when the girl is your agemate or older in same situation, u will feel more insulted because of our "Male Ego", and it will be difficult for u to deal with, then she will think " u are acting immature", and she knows if u were older, u will overlook it.women know these things, its very normal.

its very natural and normal , even God himself curse woman that she will always be under the man no matter how rich or terrifying she is .

So a normal Lady and a responsible one that follows the rules and regulation of marriage, will always love to be under the man , no matter how stupid he is. . .

i'm exhausted i need to get something
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 11:03am On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

Men have Egos, which is very normal or expected, but it becomes negative when u are with someone your age or older

when u have a younger girl, and u guys get into an arguement, and she says something that is quite insulting, u will most likely overlook it because u would say "Na small pickin dey worry am". u will easily forgive her, and she will love u more because, u understand that she is young and immature.

but when the girl is your agemate or older in same situation, u will feel more insulted because of our "Male Ego", and it will be difficult for u to deal with, then she will think " u are acting immature", and she knows if u were older, u will overlook it.women know these things, its very normal.
U are right but ,
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by lidbb2(m): 11:04am On Sep 16, 2008
i guess i can.
it depends on sevaral factors,
but if i'm satisfied,yes i can marry my agemate.
i know of 3 marraiges that have lasted decades,and the couple are older than each other by just months.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 11:14am On Sep 16, 2008
@geolabious

what i mean is "most" guys will think " Na because we be agemate, thats why she dey talk to me anyhow, , if i had a younger girl she will not dare talk to me that way"
but in fairness to the lady she is just reacting just the same way some other girl will, but most commonly guys tend to interpret it different cos of the ego.
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 11:16am On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

@geolabious

what i mean is "most" guys will think " Na because we be agemate, thats why she dey talk to me anyhow, , if i had a younger girl she will not dare talk to me that way"
but in fairness to the lady she is just reacting just the same way some other girl will, but most commonly guys tend to interpret it different because of the ego.

Pullock-ego

shut up there and get out of this world. wetin sef. i'm tired of your garbages
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by pollock(m): 11:34am On Sep 16, 2008
@dyabman

Its ok to be upset!! cos u know its very true, or u are stiil to young to understand these things
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 12:07pm On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

@geolabious

what i mean is "most" guys will think " Na because we be agemate, thats why she dey talk to me anyhow, , if i had a younger  girl she will not dare talk to me that way"
but in fairness to the lady she is just reacting just the same way some other girl will, but most commonly guys  tend to interpret it different because of the ego.
Bow
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by chamotex(m): 1:10pm On Sep 16, 2008
kemisuga:

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Kemi not even if he has a big co.rk that u love so much grin grin grin
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 3:42pm On Sep 16, 2008
chamotex:

Kemi not even if he has a big co.rk that u love so much grin grin grin
Abi oooooooooo
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by dyabman(m): 9:53pm On Sep 16, 2008
pollock:

@dyabman

Its ok to be upset!! because u know its very true, or u are stiil to young to understand these things

how do u know i'm too young?
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2008
dyabman:

how do u know i'm too young?
I might be the way to tallk
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by Nobody: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2008
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by acidrop(f): 9:50am On Sep 17, 2008
y not
Re: Can U Marry U Age Mate? by geolabious(m): 10:41am On Sep 17, 2008
Siena:

Yes, I can.

If she was even older, and we were compatible, got along and loved each other, yes.
I a relationship, there are a lot of things I think of, age isn't one of them.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

(1) (2) (Reply)

... / Cnn Breaking News: Man Down, Call 911 / Why Do Some Women Date Or Marry African Men?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.