Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:31 PM

V_ray Forum - Art, Graphics & Video (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / V_ray Forum (39223 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: V_ray Forum by xxGARETHxx(m): 1:34am On Jul 19, 2010
I've been using AutoCad lately but I still prefer the easiness of sketch up and the likes. . .

Kerkythea render / sketch up

I did this a while back, around 2008. . .I have other modern projects that I've completed but they are in my other computer or at My school. . .

Green House Swimming Centre. . .Contains Two Oylimpic size pools and seats roughly about 3,000 People

LoL I havent updated my Google warehouse in a long time.  click here for link to 3d view

Re: V_ray Forum by xxGARETHxx(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2010
double post
Re: V_ray Forum by xxGARETHxx(m): 1:42am On Jul 19, 2010
@Behind bobo

What computer do you use?
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 4:10pm On Jul 21, 2010
nice works all

@xxGARETHxx , i use an hp intel duo core,2.40ghz,3.48 gig RAM.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 5:00pm On Jul 28, 2010
final rendering of a project i ve been working on for some time.presently under construction

Re: V_ray Forum by dblock(m): 4:56am On Jul 30, 2010
The actual building is under construction or you mean you are still working on it?
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 9:06am On Jul 30, 2010
What i mean by 'working on' is supervising the actual construction and modifying the design (foundation is finished and site is being sand filled as it is a little swampy).u know a project never finishes (in terms of revisions) until it is handed over.There had been some modifications to the original design due to structural,mechanical and electrical inputs and just came up with a final rending after all these changes.the site is in Yenagoa
Re: V_ray Forum by dblock(m): 10:09am On Jul 30, 2010
Can you please post some pictures when it is completed.

I like this type of Architecture.
Re: V_ray Forum by CGKing(m): 5:45pm On Aug 03, 2010
Behind bobo, come teach me how to use vray.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2010
@dblock, no probs. i ll definitely post pics on completion.That might be another 18 months or so from now.

@cgking i ve seen some of ur works n they r cool.which softwares do u use cos i use max 2009 with vray 1.50sp2.if u use maya then i guess there ll be some difference in the tutorial files cos i m thinking of composing a short tutorial lesson which i can give to anyone who wants to learn vray as i currently waste so much time trying to teach people who are interested one on one.i m still learning though as u can never learn max/vray with all the various plugins a 100%.
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 4:06am On Aug 06, 2010
WOULD SM1 PLS TELL ME how you guys manage to reduce the size of your pictures for upload because iv got a whole lot of pic top upload here but i have a problem with their sizes
Re: V_ray Forum by ugo2u(m): 4:26am On Aug 06, 2010
well its either you render and then go to photoshop and reduce the size or you if you are using 3ds max you can go to the render setup (F10) and set the resolution of your render output
Re: V_ray Forum by Aseye(m): 12:05pm On Aug 06, 2010
where can one get V-ray plugin for 3D max 8 for free,
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:24pm On Aug 06, 2010
Just coming up with a little tutorial.Starting with vray camera.
The images might not be so clear because i have to reduce the size of the image from 900kb to less than 200kb to be able to upload and this reduces the image resloution and makes it blurred.However,u should easily get the gist if u are used to max.

U can achieve very realistic images with vray(using various effects like env.fog ,vray dirt,vray scatter etc)but most times i dont have the luxury of time to use them in my renderings cos i do mostly arch. visualization renderings and have limited time for each project. If u want to do artistic stuff with vray,learn these basics then u can move on to more advanced stages with time.u could also join site communities and fora where ideas can be exchanged.

This first post has to do with basic vray camera settings

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 3:04pm On Aug 06, 2010
@aseye, go to google and type vray torrent,u should be able to get a good link from any of the results.
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 11:23pm On Aug 06, 2010
any good site to download HDRi for free?
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 5:31pm On Aug 08, 2010
loading . . . . please wait. . .

Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 5:32pm On Aug 08, 2010
please wait loading . . . . . . . 1%

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:20pm On Aug 09, 2010
There s a site i used to have which has free HDRI maps but cant remember now.I ll do a check if i can get the site.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:48pm On Aug 09, 2010
5p 1naz, simple and nice.ur works show a good understanding of vray
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 3:13pm On Aug 09, 2010
Behind bobo:

5p 1naz, simple and nice.your works show a good understanding of vray

thanks man. . . more would be coming up soon. . . hotter ones, i have this chair im tryin to render , omg its taking 12hrs (estimated time) @6hrs the lite went off, i tried hibernating my lappy but the thing just went off too., . .lols. . . co frustrating but na lie, i'd do it again tonite. . . anyways pls help get the HRDI stuff. . . thanks
Re: V_ray Forum by Aseye(m): 3:40pm On Aug 09, 2010
Behind bobo:

@aseye, go to google and type vray torrent,u should be able to get a good link from any of the results.

dude, i tried that but all i was able to download was the torrents and when i try to download them (i use bitTORRENT) its just wont move, its quite not encouraging, is their anyway u could share the plugin to me, pls let me know if u can help, thanks.
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 1:29am On Aug 10, 2010
Re: V_ray Forum by 5p1naz(m): 1:38am On Aug 10, 2010
oya for vray renderers who need real grass, use this link for the plugin

http://blog.good3dmodels.com/2010/05/autograss-103264bit.html#more
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 9:59am On Aug 10, 2010
@ aseye u can also try http://thepiratebay.org u should be able to download from there.I can send u mine but i dont think we use the same version of max.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 10:18am On Aug 10, 2010
5p1naz i think u should just googe hdri torrents,i remember i got it from one of the sites-just checked but having a hard time locating it.the files are quite large and i remember i was nt able to finish downloading.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 11:39am On Aug 10, 2010
Lighting:

Go on line to learn more on lighting and general settings but due to lack of time this briefly explains exterior lighting

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:06pm On Aug 10, 2010
It ll be better to understand how vray works and not just how to set up renders.This way u ll be able to optimise ur system by rendering good images faster.
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 12:07pm On Aug 10, 2010
continuation

Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
After the final rendering,I achieve these images.
The effect of the camera settings can be seen on these images,
The first image is bluish in tint because white balance for the camera setting is neutral(white)
The second image is yellow-orange(looks more realistic) because the white balance is daylight(blue)
Hence,a yellowish white balance will give a bluish image while a bluish white balance will give u a yellowish image.
U can strike a balance-may be use a very light blue white balance if u want a balanced image.

Re: V_ray Forum by marcus1234: 1:02pm On Aug 10, 2010
Re: V_ray Forum by tushbobo(m): 1:15pm On Aug 10, 2010
Thanks man

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Meet Anthony Ezeanyika Chibuzor, The Currency Artist (Photos) / Artist, Oresegun Olumide Wedding Photos / A Nairalander's Photo-realistic Drawing Of Zlatan Ibrahimovic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.