Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,366 members, 7,815,784 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:18 PM

Abuja Car Race - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abuja Car Race (10801 Views)

Swiss Nationale Represents Nigeria In Dubai Motor Race (Photos) / The 2015 Nigeria's Superbike Road Race / UNIZIK Students Build Car That Looks Like A Formula One Race Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Abuja Car Race by romeo(m): 2:30pm On Jul 25, 2006
do the roads first and we talk about races
Re: Abuja Car Race by Oracle(m): 8:34pm On Aug 16, 2006
Thatz right Romeo
Re: Abuja Car Race by LoverBwoy(m): 10:39pm On Aug 16, 2006
romeo:

do the roads first and we talk about races

not all races need tarred road, and not all standard roads are suitable for F1 wink
Re: Abuja Car Race by Oracle(m): 2:32am On Aug 17, 2006
But we still need the good roads
Re: Abuja Car Race by LoverBwoy(m): 4:06pm On Aug 17, 2006
for the masses or for the race?

If its for the masses the you know the reason why theres a ministry of works n housing & the minister for transport grin

for the car race the organisers/participant will work that out wink
Re: Abuja Car Race by poske(m): 2:12am On Sep 15, 2006
Ladies and Gentlemen,

If you don't know accidents are real and they happen to real people. Please do not get into a car and say you want to race without any proper planning for ambulances and medical arrangements. Even the cars, if you are using normal cars, it has to be reinforced with safety bars anti-roll mechanisms, your localmechanics can do this. All drivers must wear a helmet & fire protection vest e.t.c

Okay good idea i have been thinking of it too. There is no reason why nigeria should not have a rally. For rally all you need is a bush road of about 500km. sponsors and the media + hired helicopter for protection and coverage. finish

Anyway before i go into rally i will want to get drivers to qualify in a simple go karting competition this is a small ring about 400 meters -dia- where drivers can test and be tested on skills and for qualifications

Anyway i need patnerships from the states hola me later,

1 Like

Re: Abuja Car Race by kayoday(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2006
@ topic
my guy ,is the same FCT i know u r thinking of car car or another abuja somewhere else. O boy no try am. in short which road do u intend using for the race. Now that Julius berger is busy constuctin bridges all over.
Re: Abuja Car Race by iice(f): 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2006
Wow, bridges huh i wonder how abj looks.
Re: Abuja Car Race by promise72(m): 7:27am On Jan 05, 2007
where you go get land buy for abuja to make this a profiatble venture? Remember, the track has to be build and PARKING for spectators. So its not just a matter of clearing some road. Also, medical facility. Ambulance, ER, etc. THERE WILL BE ACCIDENTS. You have to thing of pheripherals , the side course not just the main dish. Also, SECURITY!!

It behooves me how, Murtala Int. Airport can be robbed for about 4hrs without police showing up despite them being down the street.

How will you get paid? Crowd control, gate fees, entry fees for racers, INSURANCE!!!. If a breadwinner is in the crowd and he got killed from an out of control vehicle whatta u gonna do? Run? Beg?

There are lots of jara that needs to be worked out. There are great minds in Nigeria, but sadly there are no facility/infastructure to sustain it.

Food nko? How will you prevent hawkers selling puff puff from crashing your party? As soon as you try and force Nigerians to obey the rule, then dey want riot? everybody thing they too big for rule of law.

Okada man no get licence dey drive like a madman, come hit your ride next thing you know other okada riders wey no sabi anything dey defend am. try to set your car on fire. Gather like 100 riders and ask them to procude licence on the spot, dem no get.

Sorry to break it to you, Nigeria is not ripe enough for that kind of things. Simple food, we barely feed ourself.
Re: Abuja Car Race by kboy3(m): 4:48am On Jan 06, 2007
hi,if u want drivers u can get in Lagos.there are some who do illegal races on the island for money ho-la me if u need drivers cool
i dey house
Re: Abuja Car Race by Seun(m): 9:10am On Jan 06, 2007
Nigeria is ready if we are ready. We are 'Nigeria', aren't we? All these issues are mere hurdles to be scaled.
Re: Abuja Car Race by Digiman(m): 12:39pm On Feb 11, 2007
Rather than trying to organise a full blown race, why not start a car club, get people with similar interests to join then organise track days were owners/club members can drive their cars on a race course. To organise a track day you need a suitable venue, it could be a disused airfield or even somewhere large enough to allow you to design a circuit, it does not have to be tarred but most of it should be reasonably level, use traffice cones or even tyres to mark the boundries of the track.

You also need to organise emergency services (ambulance / first aid, fire e.t.c) because there are bound to be accidents .

As regards the cars and the drivers please ensure that not just anybody is allowed, you need to ensure that the cars entered for the track day are in good shape and also the drivers have some level of skill otherwise there will be a ot of tears afterwards.

Finally and most importantly you'll have to ensue that the drivers/cars are insured and you the organisersare covered just in case some smart arse decides to sue you (a way round is is to get each participant to sign a document stating that they and not you will be responsible for what ever happens at the event).

Track days are good fun, you get the chance to drive you car to the limit and learn car controil and handling abilities.

Good luck in your venture, if it takes off who know I might attened one day.

for more information on trac days follow this - http://www.ten-tenths.com/forum/archive/index.php/t-38950.html

A few pic of me at a track day smiley

http://www.geocities.com/hftwo/goodwood02.jpg

http://us.share.geocities.com/hftwo/goowood01.jpg

more trackday pictures:

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v31/integraleevo/motorsport/Lancia%20trackday%20Goodwood%201st%20Aug%2006/?start=0
Re: Abuja Car Race by Shentz(f): 12:43am On Feb 18, 2007
i would love to seee it
Re: Abuja Car Race by itachi(m): 3:39am On Mar 06, 2007
[color=#000099][/color]has anyone here ever watched the manga initial d?
there is no greater inspiration to drive your car to it's full potential. a car race would b hot
i think it would make drivers understand the role every component play to give you the ultimate driving experience.
it isnt about money, it is simply the harmony of man and his machine and the appreciation of it.

Re: Abuja Car Race by LAGATA(m): 1:20pm On Apr 12, 2007
its a gud development bt op u guys dnt get into problem wt EL-RUFAI and his gangs grin grin
Re: Abuja Car Race by DisGuy: 5:17pm On Aug 17, 2007
bump! grin
Re: Abuja Car Race by DisGuy: 5:22pm On Aug 17, 2007
our roads are bad, armed robbers everywhere so i don't think it's safe to make the race semi competitive. The Robbers could put burning tires in the middle of the road. End of race.! I guess eventually we should be able to get there.

we are getting there!! Biker's convention- charly Boy grin
Re: Abuja Car Race by sscollins: 1:02pm On Aug 19, 2007
I guess nothing came of this but I'd be keen to bring a car to any race
Re: Abuja Car Race by sscollins: 1:16pm On Aug 19, 2007
Using an airbase is the easy answer to finding a track however you need a lot of safety kit probably not available in Nigeria, Roll cages, nomex overalls, decent helmets, proper tyres, plumbed in extinguisherss, rapid doctor cars etc,

Track days are not competitive so can be incredibly dull.

The best thing to organise would be a sprint - you need perhaps 1 - 2km of half decent roads (with corners) that have nothing too solid to hit and decent flat verges - the winner is the fastest car to complete the course - cars run one at a time.

see here for a gallery of sprints in the UK

http://www.sevenoaksmotorclub.com/gallery/nw0604/Page.html
Re: Abuja Car Race by cbjonstage(m): 1:18pm On Jun 12, 2008
this idea has already bn conceive in d master plan of Abuja. D prob there is just of because of different govt goes in and out, leading to unfulfill execution of works in d federal capital territory.

there are lots of pending project dat ve not been approved or executed. its obvious dat d present administration is slow in all its activities, its a matter time dat will take us there. Let join our hands 2gether & make dis blessed country and be wat it ought 2 be.

a tip of it is associated with ATV (Abuja Technology Village). Kukwaba Recreational Park/sites and lots more!
Re: Abuja Car Race by MethodMan3(m): 9:27pm On Jun 13, 2008
@Poster

e be like say una don chop belle full!

na racing come remain!

grow up and get a fucking life or lose it!
Re: Abuja Car Race by SmallAnus: 9:28pm On Jun 13, 2008
Good idea - but do we have the field/venue?
Re: Abuja Car Race by Nobody: 11:08pm On Jun 13, 2008
The thought behind the idea is great.

But, in reality, I doubt it would work in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Car Race by abyte: 6:01pm On Jun 15, 2008
@Method-Man
@Poster

e be like say una don chop belle full!

na racing come remain!

grow up and get a fucking life or lose it!

Wow, you can't be serious. I usually don't post here, just browse but your response just floored me! This is one thing I have noticed. "Belle full" !? People miss life while chasing the big "hit". Life is the journey. You don't have to "Belle full" before you bring innovation. Read other comments on here, people coming with support and criticism, but productive criticism. Valid concerns. But you just come on here and in a few lines prove how void you are intellectually. Its obviously for car enthusiasts. You claim you are in the UK. There is a strong, profitable auto culture there. So you should have seen this first hand. Not all car enthusiasts and racers are rich. They just don't wait to "Belle full" before living life to the fullest.

Take your own advice and start trying to get a life.
Re: Abuja Car Race by CHIMSKY(m): 12:48pm On Jul 26, 2008
MY BRODAS,
THE IDEA SEEMS OK BUT HAS TO BE THOROUGHLY THOUGHT OUT.GIVE ME A RING AT 0705-570-5004,0802-359-7255
Re: Abuja Car Race by lordimpaq(m): 11:07am On Jul 27, 2008
car race??

why can't we have an "okada race",

its very simple,

100 riders

pay 20k each

winner takes all,

no insurance

no medicals

4 km track,

50 laps

trust me they'll jump at it,

the problem is sponsors, and em, racing track, i don't know, maybe some dirt track along lagos ibadan expressway,
Re: Abuja Car Race by landis(m): 9:58am On Jul 29, 2008
@lordimpaq,

simple and brillant.

we need to start from somewhere.

when can this be started??
Re: Abuja Car Race by fotodaddy: 5:13pm On Jul 29, 2008
where the xxxx is cheer_upper grin
Re: Abuja Car Race by Wallie(m): 3:33pm On Nov 01, 2010
What ever happened to the Abuja race?
Re: Abuja Car Race by Nobody: 7:41pm On Jun 11, 2011
I know this is an old thread, but it would have been nice to see something of this nature take off in Nigeria.
Re: Abuja Car Race by ImperialKingJosh: 4:03pm On Mar 19, 2012
If this is serious then count me in.... contact me via skype imperialkingjosh
Re: Abuja Car Race by Ikenna351(m): 6:37pm On Mar 19, 2012
Damn! I look forward the day this would become a reality here in Abuja. My aggressive Lion is not been fully utilized. It needs to be geared to its full limits once in a while. I need a track road where i can push the stick gear until it starts screaming! Whats the fun in having a RWD V6 stick/manual if i cant put some stunts on the wheels? Abuja car race? Count me in.

Ikenna.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Are There Many Fx35 On Sale? / Mercedes Reportedly Sold Over A Million Vehicles By Cheating Emission Tests / Stickers On Car, How Many Is Too Much

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.