Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,708 members, 7,816,912 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:04 PM

3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call - Art, Graphics & Video (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Art, Graphics & Video / 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call (29473 Views)

My 3D Graphic Photos / 2D And 3D Graphic Animation. / Info For Training On 3d/graphic Design (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 2:42pm On Nov 05, 2008
Nice one OKX.I was going for fully robed so that we could cut out animating his limbs. And he necessarily wont have to move around so much, more like teleporting since he's supposed to be godlike.I like ur sketch really well and i'm okay with i. The only problem is his attire. Imagine a god, this guy looks like a warrior in the garther dont u think?Anyway,just my opinion.HouseBut , i love the physique, form and look and i think it should go into modelling.

Lets take just 2days for a majority decision.As from now on, any post for decision making would last only two days before we adopt majority. Readers are allowed to commment but their relevance will be determined by us andd us alone.

My Stand is:Love the sketch and should start modelling but we should seek another attire that says godlike,
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by A2J(m): 3:54pm On Nov 05, 2008
Sorry i havent been online pretty much and havent talked here. YOU GUYS are going great, keep it up
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by zPixel(m): 5:33pm On Nov 05, 2008
ya. love d xter.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:18pm On Nov 05, 2008
er guys, i need specifics, like, increase his limbs, reduce his biceps, change his attire to this, and u post a sketch or suggestion.

failing a direct brief from an art director, specific opinions are all i can go on. i expect the xter to morph into something better from ya comments.

@ resichild
i read both wot u like n ur criticism, n it didnt define a clear course of action to me.

specifics, people!
thanx
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Gamine(f): 7:37pm On Nov 05, 2008
err undecided
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2008
@ gamine
lol.
that an opinion?
how come ur not even involved in this thingy?

pls post what ur undecided abt. it will prolly help the project.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:46pm On Nov 05, 2008
was wondering when gamine would hit this thread too, anyway welcome

@OKX
spelt clearly,instead of the egyptian loin cloth style, lets use a wrap around thats goes from waist down to a point halfway down the calf. The little sash that runs in front should also remain. In plain terms, just put a 3/4 wrapper around the waist to the mid-calf region and let the sash remain.

Get me now?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:55am On Nov 06, 2008
yup! gotcha.
pardon my being obtuse. some of us aint so smart. lol

will post updates later today.

@ jemit
dude, whats the stats with the huts n environs?

@ neikid
no reaction on the demigod.
thats ur detail rememba?

a recap: the only modification suggested so far is to give the demi god a wrap-around cloth in addition to the front sash. that it?
times a'ticking,
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by AdamuW: 8:03am On Nov 06, 2008
Just a minor technical point to help inform your decision for the character design.

The design without the robes shows the character with hair/fur which can be a pain to get right once you get to the 3D stage. According to Resichild, the character won't move much so the robe design might be better from a technical stand point. With the robe modelled you will cut down on render times and other hassles to do with getting realistic fur/hair.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Gamine(f): 9:44am On Nov 06, 2008
@ALL,

HI, you know me, im not exactly a 3D gal, yet

lol.

Anyways, about the character

i had concerns on how you would animate it.

His biceps i think, are exaggerated and the fur thingy

i dont think, that much robe would work either.

but mehn! that beast is real Ungly!!!!!!! shocked
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by zPixel(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2008
@gamine
na wa 4 u o.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Gamine(f): 12:30pm On Nov 06, 2008
What did i do? undecided cheesy
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 5:45pm On Nov 06, 2008
@gamine
dont worry about the muscles, they wont be that pronounced, our modellers just need reference images to model, wink
@AdamuW
U understand me but lets not do fully robed cos he would look like he's afraid of catching a cold,

@OKX
Once u do the final post, it will be adopted cos today's the deadline.
@jemit
If we dont hear from u in two more days, i am afraid we wud have to cut u out.
I' ll hunt for the hut references and post them up.

@all
we need your responses now or never.Two days is maximum response time after which u seize to be part of us until u re-affirm your stand. I am sure others agree??
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 9:13pm On Nov 06, 2008
hmm, here goes
@ AdamuW
the fur thingy would be a jpg texture with the fur bump mapped, wasnt thinking of using actual fur fx- unless for a few close up shots (if we so decide)- that would eliminate/reduce the rendering challenge. like xothermik would say, there are cheats around every challenge.

if we use the robe, i think it would also have to move fluidly. rememba we are also looking at the 'wow factor' for the project. skillful camera manipulation can ease the challenges we may face here. we may even have the demigod disrobe prior to the fight.

the picture of an intense physical combat with a robed assailant dont quite cut it for me- thats just me, mind.

@ resichild
also, i didnt get the feeling that he was gonna be teleporting from the script u sent. pls clarify

@ gamine
we can animate anything. allay that concern.
i think most cave dwellers develop fur,tho- an ecological thing.

anyway, wat say ye all on that?

the attached are rough pencils to channel the 'robe discussion' and help determine style or whether to scratch it altogether.
some creative designers can get on costume detail, we need help there!
again, this is not an art class.

good job all round with the feedback, thanx folks.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 12:47am On Nov 07, 2008
neikid in the building.
@ okx
nice one.
i'm modelling him with the robe. hit you guys soon! cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 1:04am On Nov 07, 2008
@ okx
could you pls send the head sketch to my email. asap
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 6:58am On Nov 07, 2008
@ neikid
hold ya horses, pal.
lol
the final draft hasnt quite emerged yet. i know abt the 2 day policy on decisions, but getting the xters right is pretty important. lets get all the critical feeedback, then i can post a final amended draft.
u can let fly at it after its been adopted.
dat ok?

we r still fine tuning the robe as to style etc.

guys, are we okay on the face. i can forward that to neikid if its been okayed.
opinions?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:57am On Nov 07, 2008
@neikid
like ur spirit and u will have a lot to do but lets get it rite

@OKX
i think u shud go with no 2 though the cape part of the cloth can be dropped. The bigger part of the story places the demigod as a rogue deity so even though he is a god, he's a down right thug rite now just preying on akin. Also, u seem to be mixing the demigod with the spirit in the cave They are two different xters u know. They demigod gives akin a 2nd chance while the creature in the cave is the one whom akin must rip out the eyes. Remember?
As for the demgod's movement, remember the first full fledged script where he kept appearing at different points while talking to akin?thats why i said he wont move around a lot. We wud be using some wavy teleportation efx. We'll get to that.
Hope u are in the clear now and YES, send neikid the head, no more stalling. The dude is on fire so let him BUUURRRRNN wink cheesy grin cool
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 8:12am On Nov 07, 2008
guys.
have a mad day n maynt get back online til nite time.
so here are the planes for the demi face. (if its been adopted)
minor tweaking to the image planes may be necessary {tho unlikely}

guys remember, low on poly count
in my projects, we usually limit the modeller to a maximum number of polys per xter,say, 200 for the face.
how do we proceed here?

@ resichild
quite right. i was mixing both xters.
i was actually thinking abt the cave creature when i drafted that xter. my bad.

the question now is- does he fly for a demigod?
can post another suggestion unless we r ok with him.
sorry for holding up the process.

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 3:06pm On Nov 07, 2008
i guess the sketch is pretty ok for the demi god, but without the the protruding K9.
i mean, with all the super powers, who's he tryin to bite again?
the sketch can also pass for the cave guard too.
house, your call
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 3:08pm On Nov 07, 2008
@OKX
Dude, u are really modest. U didnt hold up anything, remember we have to get it right and thats what we are doing. Kudos bro. The xter can fly for the demigod, no worries. We will think up another for the cave xter. Better luck at work next time around

@neikid
Good call, loose the canine but he stays as the demigod.Dude, DO UR THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 10:28pm On Nov 07, 2008
have to vanish for the weekend, people.

will rebound next week with a couple more xter drafts n the finals on the robe.
i expect the ref pix for the huts will have been nailed by then, n prob'ly the head modeled.

@ neikid
kool.
do wot u gotta. good luck.
we will probably have 2 versions of the head modeled, a low poly version for full camera shots n a higher res version for close-ups 4 xpressions/speech.
easy on the vertices bro.

@ jemit
? u @

later guys
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 10:54pm On Nov 07, 2008
@ okx
u still havent sent the sketch to my box.
it will make my work a lot easier.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 9:48pm On Nov 09, 2008
Check out these two pics for huts. I think they are unique and will be easy to model and texture. Opinions
@neikid
Dude, just right click on the demigod pic and save from nairaland site directly. The quality is still good!or is there something else we dont know?
@OKX
keep the flag flapping bro

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Neikid: 3:11am On Nov 10, 2008
@ resichild
thanks a lot bro. wont believe that with all my years of using a comp, i swear it didnt occur to me to do that.
resichild:

The quality is still good!or is there something else we don't know?
u are on your own o!

that said here's my WIP so far, "so u'll be sure theres nothing else u dont know"- whatever that means.
i made a few modifications though, based on the description of the character, from the updated story draft, with dhalsim in mind.

House.
your verdict on work so far?

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 7:08am On Nov 10, 2008
Dude, from ur tone i hope u arent pissed. We are full of humour here and are inclined to yab ourselves but within limits. Sorry if i overstepped mine.
Regarding the WIP, i think its gr8t. U are spot on if i shud say so. Anyway, thats me, House?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 7:45am On Nov 10, 2008
@ neikid
good going.
what software are u using?

please post a version showing the wireframes on the model, my major concern is the vertice count and ensuring the flow-lines will complement animating.
i assume this is the hi res version?

@ resichild
ok. so get cracking on the huts!

will post updates later today on the sketches.
just rehit civilization, need some shut-eye.
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 12:21pm On Nov 10, 2008
suggested priest.
comments?

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 12:24pm On Nov 10, 2008
demi robe final, yes?
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by OKX(m): 12:41pm On Nov 10, 2008
having probs attaching

Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by resichild(m): 4:25pm On Nov 10, 2008
@neikid
Remember the minimum poly count and what software do u use, cos we need to also think of our main dev platform. Okx just posted the body, so have at it. The design is adopted cos it looks like arogue god. The art fits so carry on for the whole model
@OKX
Welcome back. Like the finished demigod sketch and i say it should fly. About the priest, nice one too. Its like u are visualising my descriptions properly. I' ll get rite on the huts, just wanted an adoption first.

@all
Re: 3D Graphic Guys And Gals: Wake Up Call by Tunslike: 8:38pm On Nov 10, 2008
@All

Apologised for not been around, i was involved in a project. please accept me back smiley wink

Boss any duty for me to handle, cheesy but am tired of modeling ooooo (kidding)

waiting grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (16) (Reply)

(PHOTOS) Amazing Photos Of 2015 By Ty-bello / Amazing Charcoal Drawings By 2poundz / Let's Proudly Show Off Mobile Photography...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.