Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,388 members, 7,954,564 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 10:25 PM

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (128465 Views)

Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards.Tinseltown reviews & Gossip (PT2) / Yoruba Actors And Actresses In Nollywood Are Better? / Websites of Nigerian Actors and Actresses (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100) (Go Down)

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 4:21pm On Nov 27, 2008
A Linkin Park thread!
I'm gone!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 4:31pm On Nov 27, 2008
Are you going to watch it on a computer Max?  undecided

The cinematography is way too great to be kept on a computer screen. 

If you want, you could put the downloaded result on a DVD-R/DVD+R  smiley
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 4:33pm On Nov 27, 2008
vescucci:

Max! I just opened a thread in the music section. Go and give it a grand opening. I like Mike Shinoda and linkin' Park's hit songs but never the entirety of their albums. Fort Minor on the other hand is another thing entirely. Don't cut off my head yet. I can change  cool

And don't listen to iice to much, she's wanted in 15 states in the US. plus the CIA are looking to use her to get the Big Fishes in China and Taiwan. If you listen to her cookies will be stored in ur CPU and the CIA will come aknocking soon.

iice, you're still my favorite person, eh.

You no well grin grin

@Max, ahhhhh yeah i like any good movie or anything sef.  Big big fan of fantasy/adventure most things out of this world.  Not big on romance undecided Most are too sappy for me.

Grima Wormtongue.  .  . grin

No list oooo.  I even watch crappy movies, though most times no fault of mine undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 4:45pm On Nov 27, 2008
I'll do as you suggest, karma, and convert to DVD first. It's pretty hard waiting till evening and not sneaking a look.
iice, you LOTR fanatic, you!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:39pm On Nov 27, 2008
@Max, your quote is too accurate. You memorize conversation in movies?

Well, I don't know for sure. As in I can't say I recall the words but words like that only make an impression on you if the film was great. The words are in some kind of prose. So I'd say LOTR. The cursed king said something about the fair passing on and the miserable lingering when he was burying someone. But he didn't speak these words. They're probably a woman's. Probably spoken to Aragorn (who else).

It could be from another historical fantasy but I'll stick my head out here.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 7:34pm On Nov 27, 2008
Wow, its a party in here.

@Mad Max

Kirstie Alley

I first saw her in Star trek, then All the Look Whos Talking installments

Village of the Damned too,

Her TV work, Veronicas Closet, Cheers. . .

She is funny, smart. . .

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:14pm On Nov 27, 2008
Tilda Swinton

Is the flavor of the month!

courtesy Eve MAgazine!! grin grin grin

Here is a Write up by Walter Kirn on meeting her,

The movie was based on a novel I’d written, Thumbsucker, about my agonizing adolescence. The director invited me to suburban Oregon to spend a few days on the set. There, I met the woman playing my mother: the Oscar-winning British actress Tilda Swinton. She instructed me to call her Tilda and invited me to her trailer for a chat.

She struck me at first as less than stunning. Her skin was pale, as though sun had never touched it; she was wearing a costume of homely nurse’s scrubs; and her short red hair was dyed a mousey brown. We sat across a small table drinking coffee and talking about our love lives (I was going through a divorce), and I couldn’t believe how comfortable I was. Tilda was a Hollywood leading lady—the first one I’d ever been alone with. I should have been too awestruck to lift my cup.

But the awe didn’t take long to set in. Fifteen minutes into the conversation, Tilda’s unorthodox glamour overwhelmed me. Her pallor turned luminous. And because she lacked the curves and cleavage of the stereotypical female star, there was nothing to distract me from her assured, refined intelligence, which was the sexiest thing about her. In even her most ordinary gestures—raising her coffee cup, patting her pockets to find a ringing cell phone—there was a magnetic elegance. She moved the way thought moves, with a quiet fluidity. Her beauty was pure, unobstructed, metaphysical. But it had a physical effect. By the time the director called Tilda onto the set, my head was swarming with inappropriate fantasies whose moral saving grace was that they featured my movie mother, not the woman who’d given birth to me.

kiss

Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 8:15pm On Nov 27, 2008
She's creepy. I think she's half alien
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 8:17pm On Nov 27, 2008
WHAT THE!!!  shocked shocked shocked angry  cry cry

Sure, we are all part alien of some sort! cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Cristalz(f): 9:16pm On Nov 27, 2008
@post

Charlize Theron kiss

Drew Barrymore

Rachel Adams

Brittany Murphy

Kiera Knightley

George Clooney kiss

Al Pacino

Steve Martin

Martin Lawrence

Jamie Foxx kiss

Will Smith

Hugh Grant

Colin Firth

Antonio Banderas

Heck.  .  .nearly all of 'em grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Gamine(f): 9:23pm On Nov 27, 2008
Not so fast,

you didnt say why you liked them o

undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Cristalz(f): 9:53pm On Nov 27, 2008
Lol grin

Am I supposed to? I'll take 2 pages if I do that grin
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 1:41am On Nov 28, 2008
Go Tilda!! kiss kiss kiss

I just know there is something about her and the article captures it. It's subtle but noticeable if one is interested enough to look into it.

Vesc grin grin It was wormtongue who said it to Eowyn, u know after her cousin, the king of Rohan's son died.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:05pm On Nov 29, 2008
I can't believe it.
I spent hours agonising which had to go between TOY STORY and The Sixth Sense,to make room in my TOP TWENTY for this movie.
PAN'S LABYRINTH is breathtaking.A wondrous marvel, one world a beautiful,distorted,dark,magical mirror of the other.
The movie works and is so great on so many levels,from the music to the directing to the script to the costumes, I don't know where to begin.
HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW did THIS not win Best Foreign Language film? It's an amazing movie in ANY language, and it's impossible for any movie to have beaten it in that category. It's so good, so skilfully done, that within minutes I forgot I was reading subtitles, and was swept away. When it ended we couldn't talk,it was so bloody fantastic an experience.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:57pm On Nov 29, 2008
So that's Alley. She doesn't seem to be in movies anymore.
Tilda again? grin You guys must just loooove this woman.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 10:57am On Dec 01, 2008
Max, glad you enjoyed it. It's a favorite of mine. . .karma too tongue

I watched the diving bell and the butterfly.
Like you warned, i struggled at first because am claustrophobic grin
but i got into it after getting past the locked-in syndrome grin grin
Very nice. . .
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 2:58pm On Dec 01, 2008
Diving Bell's a true story.
PAN's is fantastic. Now watching Hustle, which is good.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 9:34pm On Dec 01, 2008

PAN'S LABYRINTH is breathtaking.A wondrous marvel, one world a beautiful,distorted,dark,magical mirror of the other.
The movie works and is so great on so many levels,from the music to the directing to the script to the costumes, I don't know where to begin.
HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW HOW did THIS not win Best Foreign Language film? It's an amazing movie in ANY language, and it's impossible for any movie to have beaten it in that category. It's so good, so skilfully done, that within minutes I forgot I was reading subtitles, and was swept away. When it ended we couldn't talk,it was so bloody fantastic an experience.

Im so glad you loved it grin I was teary eyed by the end. Mercedes' lullaby didnt helps matter either lol

I was VERY annoyed that it didnt win esp for best score. It won best cinematography/makeup/art direction but i be it should have done better than that. Should have swept the awards sef sad

Did you get to watch it on a DVD-R?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 5:12pm On Dec 02, 2008
Indeed I deed. Great idea. Too, I don't know to else to put it, too big to be contained in a PC. I honestly don't know about the oscars anymore, if this movie cannot win best foreign language film. What's the basis for the other film winning, then? It's one of those rare movies you experience,and not merely watch. And it's joined my Top 20 all time list. Thanks for recommending this.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Olumitide(m): 12:49pm On Dec 03, 2008
Bruce Willis just saved someone's life in India. Yes. The best actor of all time came to the mind of a tourist at gunpoint, he remembered Die Hard, and acted accordingly and it saved his life.
Bruce Willis you're the greatest. Ignore The Bitch Called Demi and move on and on and on. She was never the star you are.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 2:12pm On Dec 03, 2008
You'd do well to refrain from derogatory language here, please. Thank you.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 3:22pm On Dec 03, 2008
The senor,he ees makin de joke?
A Fish Called Wanda
The Bitch called Demi?
It's really pretty funny.
But mebbe I'm wrong.

How did he save a life, the tourist made like John Maclaine?How o?
The best actor of all time? Bruce Willis? tongue
Vesc, how've you been?
Karma, this movie has joined my major Oscar peeves. I'm mollified it won cine,makeup and art direction, but then all I can think is, is that bloody all? It should've gotten[i] at least[/i] a nomination for best screenplay and won in other categories,like score and directing. Yes. It's fantastically assured directing. Man, what a movie.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by vescucci(m): 6:48pm On Dec 03, 2008
Mama Mia. I'vebeen quite good but I'm not so thrilled by the prospect of the next few days coming up. How've YOU been? Plus where? Forget that dude. He was embarassing Willis who happens to be a favorite of mine. Seems like Pan's Labyrinth made a great impression on you. You used to see things when you were a kid, Max? Tell the truth!
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by KarmaMod(f): 1:46am On Dec 04, 2008
Thanks for recommending this.

You;re welcome smiley

He made another movie last winter called "The Orphanage" also in Spanish. Pretty great movie. I really liked it. You can check that out too

Didnt you just love the score? grin

Have you seen Curse Of The Golden Flower
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 6:32pm On Dec 04, 2008
No I haven't seen the curse of the golden flower. Title sounds like something Jet Li would do. Or the Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon girl, the one who leaps off the mountain at the end. I forget her name. Is it good?
Hmm. Definitely checking out The Orphanage. PAN's score was great. It should have won the oscar for that. But after being cheated at Best Foreign Language I guess they may strip it of score too. Asses.

Ja, Vesc. I used to see you.
What's up with the next few days?
I've a project with a deadline, and it is so eating into my me time.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 6:38pm On Dec 04, 2008
He's incommunicado

Curse of the Golden Flower is Chow Yun Fat and Gong Li.
Beautiful movie too.
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 7:20pm On Dec 04, 2008
Curse of the Golden Flower. I think I may have it at home somewhere. Will check it out.
After I'm done with Bruce Lee. Kung-Fu thursday.
Ya-ow!
Ka-pow!
Eeeiii-yah!

Which reminds me. That mad Stephen Chow who made Shaolin Soccer and Kung-fu Hustle, isn't he making movies anymore?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 7:30pm On Dec 04, 2008
rofl @ kung fu thursday

He still does, i think just slowly. He's last one was CJ7 - that's i last one i know of.
But he's gon' be in Green Hornet (The role Bruce originally played) - Ughhh another Seth Rogan movie undecided
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 8:29pm On Dec 04, 2008
CJ7.
I like the guy a lot, so I will be seeing it.
Green Hornet? Seth Rogan? I'm drawing blanks. What are those?
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by iice(f): 8:33pm On Dec 04, 2008
Green Hornet is like a superhero show.
Bruce Lee played Kato the sidekick.  Old school, i don't remember much of the show.

Seth Rogan of Superbad, Knockedup, Pineapple Express, 40yr old virgin - he's an actor/writer

Oh he's (Chow) making a Hustle 2
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by MadMax1(f): 8:47pm On Dec 04, 2008
Oh.
Ah.
Ew.
Knocked Up and 40-year old virgin I've seen, ane they aren't my kind of comedy. Too vulgar. I don't mind vulgarity if the movie's really funny, like Scary Movie 1, but those aren't all that funny.
Kung-fu Hustle 2? undecided He's madly talented. He doesn't need to get on the part 2,part 3 bandwagon until he bores people to death. Though I can't imagine that guy boring anyone. A comic genius, really. cheesy
Re: Hollywood: Favourite Movies, Actors and Awards. Tinseltown reviews & Gossip by Olumitide(m): 2:59pm On Dec 08, 2008
vescucci:

Mama Mia. I'vebeen quite good but I'm not so thrilled by the prospect of the next few days coming up. How've YOU been? Plus where? Forget that dude. He was embarassing Willis who happens to be a favorite of mine. Seems like Pan's Labyrinth made a great impression on you. You used to see things when you were a kid, Max? Tell the truth!

How did I embarrass Bruce Willis? angry You don't own him. He's my best actor. Please get out. angry

Mad_max have you watched Tropic Thunder? It's a Ben Stiller film. Funny. What is vulgar about Knocked up and 40 year old virgin?Very very funny films grin

Watch Angelina Jolie in The Changeling. You will not be sorry. She's now the highest paid actress in Hollywood. Halle Berry and Nicole Kidman and Julia Roberts and others have their pay falling.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (100)

Photos: Meet Big Brother Nigeria 2017 Housemates / Khalifa Vanithel: Big Brother Cameroon Winner And Her Prize (Photos) / Daniel K Daniel Reacts To Sex Scenes In Movies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.