Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:59 AM

By Nature Or Nuture - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / By Nature Or Nuture (1900 Views)

Nature Or Man Made: Why Don't We Often Love Those Who Love Us? / Bad Boys Are Blessed By Nature / Women Are Promiscuous By Nature(?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

By Nature Or Nuture by geolabious(m): 9:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
My sisters n Brothers this is a question that has been bugging me ever since i stumbled on some

news. You know how you work with gay people and have a friends that are gay or like it

both ways and i know it bugs some people but funny enough im not one of them even

though im so typically naija. However, this is something i have not until now ever had to

deal with on the family front. What happens when your 15yr old aburo says hes gay? You

begin to wonder is it really true that its medical or was it because at his age he only wears

prada, gucci, burberry and the likes, with the lowest designer he'll ever wear being ralph

lauren (so definately not even tommy hilfigher) and he lives in an $800,000 house with

mumsie in a trendy neighbourhood that loves the gay clan. Am a lot confused and the

question i keep asking is nature or nuture? I would love to hear what you think.
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by ikamefa(f): 9:35pm On Sep 18, 2008
shocked

looking @ topic profile    shocked  thinking hard

hummmmmmmmmmmmmmm! grin

gayness( if english will allow me ) , i mean homosexuality has nothing to do with the amount of designers duds ,you've got or how rich your peeps are

if your 15 years old aburo likes : let him wear pata ! made with 24 carats Gold, or a humongous tiara on his head "  grin"

if you're gay , you're gay! shikena.

why do i find it hard to believe this story?  undecided
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by topup: 10:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
I think he is merely asking if it is because of the environment the guy grew up in or was he 'born gay' as many gays claim.

Well, sometimes I think people are confused and they always want to label themselves, there are many straight men who like designers and are mummy's boys but they are so sure in themselves, they do not assume that something must be wrong with themselves. Other guys will search the internet and stumble upon sites and sites diagnosing it as being gay, I think being gay is a lot more accepted and trendier so more people are saying they are when they really might not be.

Sexuality has never been black and white, there are gray areas too, some women, find other women attractive, all that separates them is whether they act on it or not. I personally think the female body is more aesthetically pleasing than the male, but I know 100% that I am straight, though when I was growing up, I was told that that was wrong, that any woman who can look at another woman and appreciate her womanly assets is gay, I am so glad I was strong, because at one time I was thinking whether something was wrong with me. I am strong enough to know that I am straight and strong enough to admit that certain aspects of the female body and my own are attractive to me. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I think people should stop trying to diagnose themselves so quickly, being gay isn't just a trend and shouldn't be taken lightly, they don't have an easy time and even though it may be trendy and more accepted, they still have an incredibly hard time.
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by geolabious(m): 10:17pm On Sep 18, 2008
topup:

I think he is merely asking if it is because of the environment the guy grew up in or was he 'born gay' as many gays claim.

Well, sometimes I think people are confused and they always want to label themselves, there are many straight men who like designers and are mummy's boys but they are so sure in themselves, they do not assume that something must be wrong with themselves. Other guys will search the internet and stumble upon sites and sites diagnosing it as being gay, I think being gay is a lot more accepted and trendier so more people are saying they are when they really might not be.

Sexuality has never been black and white, there are gray areas too, some women, find other women attractive, all that separates them is whether they act on it or not. I personally think the female body is more aesthetically pleasing thanthe male, but I know 100% that I am straight, though when I was growing up, I was told that that was wrong, that any woman who can look at another woman and appreciate her womanly assets is gay, I am so glad I was strong, because at one time I was thinking whether something was wrong with me. I am strong enough to know that I am straight and strong enough to admit that certain aspects of the female body and my own are attractive to me. There isn't anything wrong with that.

I think people should stop trying to diagnose themselves so quickly, being gay isn't just a trend and shouldn't be taken lightly, they don't have an easy time and even though it may be trendy and more accepted, they still have an incredibly hard time.

I really appreciate all u did for me
Topup pls who are you?
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 10:27pm On Sep 18, 2008
geolabious:

My sisters n Brothers this is a question that has been bugging me ever since i stumbled on some

news. You know how you work with gay people and have a friends that are gay or like it

both ways and i know it bugs some people but funny enough im not one of them even

though im so typically naija. However, this is something i have not until now ever had to

deal with on the family front. What happens when your 15yr old aburo says hes gay? You

begin to wonder is it really true that its medical or was it because at his age he only wears

prada, gucci, burberry and the likes, with the lowest designer he'll ever wear being ralph

lauren (so definately not even tommy hilfigher) and he lives in an $800,000 house with

mumsie in a trendy neighbourhood that loves the gay clan. Am a lot confused and the

question i keep asking is nature or nuture? I would love to hear what you think.

What has designer gear gotta do with one's sexual orientation??
I don't understand your question.
Please bring me up to speed!!!
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 10:32pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

What has designer gear gotta do with one's sexual orientation??
I don't understand your question.
Please bring me up to speed!!!

maybe he is saying that because the gay guys are usually the ones current with latest trends compare to straight dudes undecided
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by eldee(m): 10:34pm On Sep 18, 2008
I think homosexuality is a clear case where Nurture wins
It's a case where the young man has been made to believe that he's different by the soceity and his body starts to act it out
How come in 1950s people never used to 'discover' that they were gay
This is a case where a man that does not do sum things is labelled not man enough and he just decides to accept the label

But I know it definitely has nothing to do with Gucci and Prada cheesy
What you're looking for is heterosexual
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Moyola(f): 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2008
itz nuture!! embarassed
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 10:39pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

maybe he is saying that because the gay guys are usually the ones current with latest trends compare to straight dudes undecided

That theory is flawed.

I have been rocking ma gear since i was a toddler and i am straighter than Hugh Hefner. cheesy grin
Homosexuality is a social responsibility not a genetic responsibility.
In few years time, people would be blaming their genes for the crime they commit.
"I am a murderer cos ma genes are oval-shaped" grin cheesy
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 10:48pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

That theory is flawed.

I have been rocking ma gear since i was a toddler and i am straighter than Hugh Hefner. cheesy grin
Homosexuality is a social responsibility not a genetic responsibility.
In few years time, people would be blaming their genes for the crime they commit.
"I am a murderer because ma genes are oval-shaped
" grin cheesy

grin grin grin grin

All the fashion industries are now full of gays- designers, stylist, make up artist, you name it
trust me, gay men knows all the latest edition or trend of any designer item before a straight guy does.
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 10:51pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

grin grin grin grin

All the fashion industries are now full of gays- designers, stylist, make up artist, you name it
trust me, gay men knows all the latest edition or trend of any designer item before a straight guy does.

I doubt it. . . . .

The straight geezers still outnumber the queer dudes.
Maybe the gay men make more noise and are waxing strong. wink
But to suggest looking good is a gay thang is just total drivel and hokum. tongue
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by eldee(m): 10:53pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

grin grin grin grin

C'mon it's only industries like that that will accept effeminating gay-men for work
That doesn't mean they're fashionable

Just because the best chefs in the world are men does not mean most men cook better than women!!
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 10:55pm On Sep 18, 2008
eldee:

C'mon it's only industries like that that will accept effeminating gay-men for work

Just because the best chefs in the world are men does not mean most men cook better than women!!

Touche. . . . cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 10:59pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

I doubt it. . . . .

The straight geezers still outnumber the queer dudes.
Maybe the gay men make more noise and are waxing strong. wink
But to suggest looking good is a gay thang is just total drivel and hokum. tongue

lol. . . .
i'm not suggesting looking good is a gay thing, what i am tryin to say is they know their sh.it when it comes to fashion but doesnt necessarily mean the look more good.  wink Although i do tease guys that looks impeccable that they are gay tongue cheesy

eldee:

I disagree
Gays are fashionable but it doesnt mean straight men too arent but if you compare the percentage of gay n straight guys that are fashionable, im sure the gay men percentage will be far higher than a straight guys.

And yes, i do think men are a better cook cool cool but when it comes to a African delicacies women are better
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Nobody: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
eldee:

I think this is just it,those industries try to promote thier products among the gay community and nothing more. Those gay guys are not half as fashionable as the straigth,just that thier dressing attracts a lot of attention from the outside world and they tend to showcase thier dresss talent at the slightest oppurtunity.
Come to think of it,how many are they by the way? wink
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 11:05pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

lol. . . .
i'm not suggesting looking good is a gay thing, what i am tryin to say is they know their sh.it when it comes to fashion but doesnt necessarily mean the look more good.  wink Although i do tease guys that looks impeccable that they are gay tongue cheesy

If u say that to me, i would bite ur face!!! angry angry angry angry

I disagree
Gays are fashionable but it doesnt mean straight men too arent but if you compare the percentage of gay n straight guys that are fashionable, im sure the gay men percentage will be far higher than a straight guys.

Of course, the gay men would be more fashionable.
They wear thongs, lip-gloss, paint their nails with facial make-ups of different varieties.
This is why they are effeminate. . . . . . . . .
Besides, there's a smaller community of gay men out there so they stats would work in their favour.

Men are better cooks??
U gotta be kidding me!!!
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Nobody: 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
Abeg oga hannibal forgive the girl,she no know who she dey tease

tope2000:

And yes, i do think men are a better cook cool cool but when it comes to a African delicacies women are better

Save that for the kitchen,and have you seen a guy who will come out to say he is gay?,or do you just judge people on appearance?you would never know if a guy is straight or gay by his dressing,get that straight.
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:11pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

If u say that to me, i would bite your face!!! angry angry angry angry

Of course, the gay men would be more fashionable.
They wear thongs, lip-gloss, paint their nails with facial make-ups of different varieties.
This is why they are effeminate. . . . . . . . .
Besides, there's a smaller community of gay men out there so they stats would work in their favour.

Men are better cooks??
You gotta be kidding me!!!

Roflmao grin grin grin grin
u are just being defensive because you are straight dude who loves fashion, i like a straight guy who knows his fashion. but as a woman i would rather go on a shopping spree with gay n straight guy tongue cheesy  
Dont get mad because you are rubbish in the kitchen tongue grin there lots of dudes out there that can cook better some girls i know wink grin
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:13pm On Sep 18, 2008
darefestus:

Save that for the kitchen,and have you seen a guy who will come out to say he is gay?,or do you just judge people on appearance?you would never know if a guy is straight or gay by his dressing,get that straight.

u are kidding rite
even hannibal wouldnt agree with that.
i can tell if a dude is gay by just body language
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by eldee(m): 11:15pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

lol. . . .

I disagree

Depends on what you call fashion
A straight dude is trying to attract ladies, an effeminating homo is trying to attract men
We go about it a different way . . .
They use lip-stick and spandex, we use muscle vests and stuff
Just because they're odd doesn't mean they're fashionable

Cook better?? nah
Let's see . . . Average man VS Average woman??

darefestus:

I think this is just it,those industries try to promote their products among the gay community and nothing more. Those gay guys are not half as fashionable as the straigth,just that their dressing attracts a lot of attention from the outside world and they tend to showcase their dresss talent at the slightest oppurtunity.
Come to think of it,how many are they by the way? wink
How many gay wears ads have you seen??

Hannibal:

If u say that to me, i would bite your face!!! angry angry angry angry
Hehehe . . . that's letting him go scot free
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 11:16pm On Sep 18, 2008
tope2000:

Roflmao grin grin grin grin
u are just being defensive because you are straight dude who loves fashion, i like a straight guy who knows his fashion. but as a woman i would rather go on a shopping spree with gay n straight guy tongue cheesy  
Dont get mad because you are rubbish in the kitchen tongue grin there lots of dudes out there that can cook better some girls i know wink grin

Go on a shopping spree with a bi-sexual??
Congratz to tope2000.

I am not total rubbish in the kitchen.
Hannibal can make rice. . . . thats a huge achievement by any standard.
Eldee cannot even boil eggs without the smoke alarm ringing. tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:17pm On Sep 18, 2008
eldee:

Depends on what you call fashion
A straight dude is trying to attract ladies, an effeminating homo is trying to attract men
We go about it a different way
. . .
They use lip-stick and spandex, we use muscle vests and stuff
Just because they're odd doesn't mean they're fashionable

Cook better?? nah
Let's see . . . Average man VS Average woman??

maybe  undecided
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Sisikill: 11:18pm On Sep 18, 2008
@ Topic
Lmao! Oh come, he is a teenager, they are like that, he probably thinks gay is cool. I doubt he is ga. . . Wait did you say Burberry, Gucci and Prada? All three? Ah, okay oh.! Me, I don’t know about this, I mean if it was just Gucci and Prada there is a chance we can pray the gay out of him but 3 designers and lowest is not even Tommy Hilfiger but Ralph Lauren.  Egbon Aburo, I don’t know what to say. . . maybe you just intensify the prayer, instead of normal 30 days prayer, you do 60. . . Whoa, whoa, back up, I didn’t even see the  $800,000 house part? Okay, listen to me carefully, are you sure it is 800,000 not 80,000? Hmm, I’m sorry forget it man, not even 120days prayer can help your aburo.  Just accept it and start  learning the lyrics of[i] “It’s Raining Men Hallelujah, It’s Raining men”[/i] because that $800,000 house is about to be FLOODED!! undecided

[size=4pt]
Shaking my head @ Serious Name Dropping[/size]
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by eldee(m): 11:20pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

Eldee cannot even boil eggs without the smoke alarm ringing. tongue tongue tongue tongue
I learnt how to make pizza
Now, BEAT THAT!!! tongue tongue tongue
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:21pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

Go on a shopping spree with a bi-sexual??
Congratz to tope2000.

Eldee cannot even boil eggs without the smoke alarm ringing
. tongue tongue tongue tongue

not bi-sexual
100% gay guy

oh lawd!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cook rice an achievement grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
i take it back
women are better cook tongue grin
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:22pm On Sep 18, 2008
Sisikill:

@ Topic
Lmao! Oh come, he is a teenager, they are like that, he probably thinks gay is cool. I doubt he is ga. . . Wait did you say Burberry, Gucci and Prada? All three? Ah, okay oh.! Me, I don’t know about this, I mean if it was just Gucci and Prada there is a chance we can pray the gay out of him but 3 designers and lowest is not even Tommy Hilfiger but Ralph Lauren.  Egbon Aburo, I don’t know what to say. . . maybe you just intensify the prayer, instead of normal 30 days prayer, you do 60. . . Whoa, whoa, back up, I didn’t even see the $800,000 house part? Okay, listen to me carefully, are you sure it is 800,000 not 80,000? Hmm, I’m sorry forget it man, not even 120days prayer can help your aburo. Just accept it and start learning the lyrics of[i] It’s Raining Men Hallelujah, It’s Raining men”[/i] because that $800,000 house is about to be FLOODED!! undecided

[size=4pt]
Shaking my head @ Serious Name Dropping[/size]

lmao . . . . . .  grin grin grin
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by Hannibal: 11:25pm On Sep 18, 2008
eldee:

I learnt how to make pizza
Now, BEAT THAT!!! tongue tongue tongue

Pizza?? U gotta be shitting me!!
How can u learn to make Pizza??
I don't believe u, mate!!!
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by topup: 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
Quote from eldee:

"I think homosexuality is a clear case where Nurture wins
It's a case where the young man has been made to believe that he's different by the soceity and his body starts to act it out
How come in 1950s people never used to 'discover' that they were gay
This is a case where a man that does not do sum things is labelled not man enough and he just decides to accept the label

But I know it definitely has nothing to do with Gucci and Prada Cheesy
What you're looking for is heterosexual"

I completely agree with this, well put!!
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
maybe he want to the Italian restaurant near is house to learn or maybe he watched them cookery channel
u berra go learn how to cook spaghetti too tongue tongue
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by chamotex(m): 11:28pm On Sep 18, 2008
Why would a man wana take a di.ck up the a$$. Thats definately not nature is it.

If my brother told me he was gay . . . . . . I will beat the gayness out of him. It cant even happen.
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by tope2000(f): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
chamotex:

Why would a man wana take a di.ck up the a$$. Thats definately not nature is it.

If my brother told me he was gay . . . . . . I will beat the gayness out of him. It can't even happen.

grin grin grin grin grin grin
what made you so sure??
Re: By Nature Or Nuture by eldee(m): 11:29pm On Sep 18, 2008
Hannibal:

Pizza?? You gotta be shitting me!!
How can u learn to make Pizza??
I don't believe u, mate!!!

C'mon . . . buy ready made pizza from Morrisons or sumn
Throw it into your microwave for ten minutes . . . voila!!! tongue tongue grin

(1) (2) (Reply)

Should I Move On? / r / Men

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.