Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,081 members, 7,811,028 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 09:10 PM

Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? (17456 Views)

Thousands Of Expensive Cars Are Left Abandoned In Dubai (pictures) / Why Are Left-handed Pple So Few And Unique?? / Facts About Left Handed People............. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Nobody: 8:36pm On Sep 20, 2008
left handers that i have come across are all intelligent.i had one in my secondary school as a classmate & he did very well academically.my sister is also left handed & she was the best htroughout her secondary school to the university where she read law & graduated as the best student.a coursemate of mine (girl) really interests me.she is left handed & also among the intelligent students in my dept. guess what?i am also a left hander & was the best in my secondary school & presently the best in my dept(pardon me,didn't mean to brag).i really wanna know the reason behind this.is it a supernatural stuff?or something we learn or sheer luck ?what is behind this ?i really wanna know!!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by damola1: 6:20pm On Sep 21, 2008
Is our Governor lefthanded, is our president left handed?,

Everyone is unique, whether middle handed, left handed, or right handed, All the examples of those you have given are those that "know" book. Who cares?, Today's world belongs to the drop outs, do you know any successful left handed drop out, then that might interest me.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by rman: 2:03pm On Sep 25, 2008
Left handed people are indeed unique, it has been proven scientifically. Mind you I am not left handed
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by joichi: 2:24pm On Sep 25, 2008
damola1:

Is our Governor lefthanded, is our president left handed?,

Everyone is unique, whether middle handed, left handed, or right handed, All the examples of those you have given are those that "know" book. Who cares?, Today's world belongs to the drop outs, do you know any successful left handed drop out, then that might interest me.

cheesy grin smiley
LOL! i totally concur. LOL!
More seriously, d way i c it, its "who knw book" cos i knw quite a number of left-handed that aren't exactly brilliant.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by origina9ja(f): 2:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
erm i'm left handed and yanoo i'm sick compare 2 bare mate
so i think we are unique yh so get 2 know if ya dont knw
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by wyt(m): 7:31pm On Sep 26, 2008
i am one, we are unique, i 've had people say we are
intelligeent, though my parent battled me to stop it
during my kiddy days but they couldn't
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 4:46am On Oct 04, 2008
I am a Lucky Lefty and i can attest to that we are a unique breed check out any endeavour especially in Sports left-handed cats always have some unique skill and ability
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 4:54am On Oct 04, 2008

Left ko

na YAba LEft for una
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by skipo87(m): 11:09am On Oct 04, 2008
according to science, left handed ppl use the right part of their brain,
the right part of the rain controls the left part of the body while the left part of the brain controls the right part of the body. and its also believed that the right part develops better than the left part so i guess thats where the notion comes from, bt to be frank, its those that have the use of both hands that are truly unique cos they've got both parts of the brain developed.
[i]*off point*[/i]as a very small kid, just learning to read and write, i was using my left hand then my pops freaked out, i was influenced to using my right and i still am.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 5:17pm On Oct 04, 2008
Gamine:

Left ko

na YAba LEft for una
Petty Jealousy tongue
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 5:23pm On Oct 04, 2008
Jealousy?

Tell that to your care-takers
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 6:25pm On Oct 04, 2008
Gamine:

Jealousy?

Tell that to your care-takers

Forever petty like i have always known you to be

Fire burn your rubbish mouth!! Anuofia
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 7:32pm On Oct 04, 2008
*Singing and Clapping*

Leftie oyo yo

Leftie Oyo o

Kpeke le kpeke le Arugbo je gbese~~!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 7:41pm On Oct 04, 2008
Whatever that means? E be like say you don too tey for Paiko
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Boslo: 11:37am On Oct 06, 2008
Well most lefthanded people are intelligent and brilliant but not in all cases,there are some exceptions.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Okijajuju1(m): 11:46am On Oct 06, 2008
Whats this whole thing about left-handed people??

I know a guy with no hands who can drive a car. beat that.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Kay1kay1(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2008
Really unique.I dnt give them the slimmest chance when playing left-handers defence on the basketball court.They take shots @ usual positions and angles.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 11:26am On Oct 07, 2008
Kay1kay1:

Really unique.I dnt give them the slimmest chance when playing left-handers defence on the basketball court.They take shots @ usual positions and angles.
Word!! Left-handed ballers are extremely hard to guard their ball-handling skills are always top-notch
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Mustay(m): 6:00pm On Oct 07, 2008
scientists and their "researches" tongue
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by mukina2: 6:01pm On Oct 07, 2008
I am leftie cool a very proud one too kiss i was born with my left thumb in my mouth grin
Yeah!! we are unique cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Mustay(m): 6:04pm On Oct 07, 2008
unique thiefs too?
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by richo(m): 7:28am On Oct 16, 2008
am left handed and smart but i know another left handed dundee back from primary school so i guess it has nothin to do with that!!!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by SOJ(m): 1:06pm On Oct 16, 2008
what does being left handed have to do wit smartness? dats quite silly,,,
and by the way, lefthanded pple aren't few,,,so u'd know:Oga Poster
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 11:29pm On Oct 19, 2008
@muki
We share so many things in common sometimes it scares me shocked
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by samboribo(m): 9:36am On Oct 20, 2008
i made 2 of my late aunt's daughters become lefties as toddlers and i am right-handed. they do very well in school, no doubt. but personally, i love lefties. i've always had the feeling since i was a kid that there's something unique and quite extra-beautiful about them, especially the ladies. anyway, my grand

@Gamine
we all know you are right-handed and always came 1st in primary school. just save us the mockery of these lefties.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by iukpe: 10:16am On Oct 20, 2008
I will need to look up if the following unique people are or were left handed.

Issac Newton
George Bush
Wole Soyinka
Sadam Hussein
Osama Bin laden
Babangida
Kanu Nwankwo
Ibori
Peter Odili

etc

i am not left handed anyway
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by origina9ja(f): 12:04pm On Oct 20, 2008
@ iukpe
me ko
i'm lefty ooo cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Nobody: 12:20pm On Oct 20, 2008
Who cares if you are a southpaw or ambidextrous , I don't think it's got anything to do with your I.Q.

My best friend , who by the way is fully right handed , is about the most brillant guy I have seen

I also do have lots of southpaws as friends but don't even know a quarter of what I know

Overall , brillance and intelligence doesn't mean you'll be successful at any endeavour than drop out who got the lowest scores at school.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by carmelily: 2:01pm On Oct 20, 2008
A high percentage of serial murderers were found to be left-handed. Fact.

Also,

Department of Sociology, Minot State University, ND 58701.

One hundred and thirty male and 213 female college students responded to a self-report delinquency and crime measure and to a scale of sidedness preferences. Consistent with most of the literature on official delinquency and crime, left handedness was positively associated with involvement in several forms of delinquency (including some degree of criminality) among males. Other measures of sidedness among males largely failed to correlate with delinquency, however. Among females, sidedness was much less systematically related to delinquency than among males.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by ogbongzky(m): 2:45pm On Oct 20, 2008
NOT a yardstick for uniqueness, what will be will be,whether left or right
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by subice(m): 2:49pm On Oct 20, 2008
carmelily:

A high percentage of serial murderers were found to be left-handed. Fact.

Also,

Department of Sociology, Minot State University, ND 58701.

One hundred and thirty male and 213 female college students responded to a self-report delinquency and crime measure and to a scale of sidedness preferences. Consistent with most of the literature on official delinquency and crime, left handedness was positively associated with involvement in several forms of delinquency (including some degree of criminality) among males. Other measures of sidedness among males largely failed to correlate with delinquency, however. Among females, sidedness was much less systematically related to delinquency than among males.
    grin  Another side of the coin.

I don't think it matters really. It's just that more attention is paid to stuff like that because of the proportion of right-handed to left-handed people in my opinion. By the way, Obama is left-handed or at least signs with his left hand.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by chunke(f): 2:57pm On Oct 20, 2008
May i ask wat makes dem UNIQUE in anyway
Am sorry if am dis blunt, but everyone is unique and wonderfully made in his/her own capacity. so don't use dat and cajole us. Am very familiar wth a lot of dem and all i know about dem is dat dey ave d best type of slaps and behave in very funny ways. Mind u my sis is left-handed and u need c her eat wth her right hand, u definitely wld throw up.So wats UNIQUE about dem

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / What Is Your Greatest Fear? / Create A Yahoo Mail Account From Your Mobile Phone Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.