Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,675 members, 7,823,909 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:58 PM

Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? (17478 Views)

Thousands Of Expensive Cars Are Left Abandoned In Dubai (pictures) / Why Are Left-handed Pple So Few And Unique?? / Facts About Left Handed People............. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 1:55am On Oct 21, 2008
Gamine:

eh!

And I'm holding them with my wondeerful RIGHT hand grin

Don't choke ooh because bad-belle is bad for your body cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 2:03am On Oct 21, 2008
Choke ke?

Right hand no dey malfunction oooh

Photocopy ko easy! grin
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by A40(m): 2:56am On Oct 21, 2008
Hehehe you wish cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by cibilola(f): 7:35am On Oct 21, 2008
left-handed people are truely known to be unique, no objections to that, tongue

but i have heard other myths like they are stubborn, may develop hunch backs grin when they are old etc,

its all in the head, some people are natural born leaders and some work their way to it. God has created everyone in His image and likeness, so aim to be what God has destined you to be.

Personally, I love being right-handed, its way cool cool cool
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by chessguru(m): 8:01am On Oct 21, 2008
i think its just a myth, no scientific proof, fine bill gate/oparah winfery is left handed , but biill gates is no longer the richest in the world and how many left handed people are in the first ten richest in the world anyway? how many left handers are CHESS GRAND MASTERS, how many are the best scientists in history, MOMO THEY ARE NOT MANY COMPARED TO THE RIGHT HANDERS, kini big deal, ? none!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by PurestBoy(m): 8:20am On Oct 21, 2008
Leftie my stinking ass!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by RichyBlacK(m): 8:29am On Oct 21, 2008
chessguru:

i think its just a myth, no scientific proof, fine bill gate/oparah winfery is left handed , but biill gates is no longer the richest in the world and how many left handed people are in the first ten richest in the world anyway? how many left handers are CHESS GRAND MASTERS, how many are the best scientists in history, MOMO THEY ARE NOT MANY COMPARED TO THE RIGHT HANDERS, kini big deal, ? none!!

Albert Einstein was left-handed! Stop hating! tongue
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by samboribo(m): 9:13am On Oct 21, 2008
@Gamine
which of your sisters? is she on NL to see the only thing you can agree that is unique about her as a whole? if na Ineze, i go like engage cos i'm looking for an opposite. wink

@muki
so u sef b lefty? jus 4 dat alone, i dey go buy left biro n left writing pad. apart from having a child together, we must have some things in common. cool
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by carmelily: 9:18am On Oct 21, 2008
I have lots of left-handed friends and my brother is left-handed too. Been racking my brains for what's unique about them. I just got the answer: ME! kiss
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by shilling(f): 9:24am On Oct 21, 2008
Left handed people aren't few.

Some of my friends are left handed. They're unique (cos they're my friends). I know a lot of left handed people who are just ordinary and not outstandingly intelligent.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 11:11am On Oct 21, 2008
@Sambi

u no dey serious.

@Carmelily,

LOLOL
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Jizzy(m): 11:30am On Oct 21, 2008
Im left sided n 2 b honest wen eva im playin footbal or writin ppl jus stop n stare.Dis goes a lng way in sayin lefties ROCK.Al doe in pre skul ma folks made me use ma rite han[color=#000099][/color] wink
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by kakaya: 11:31am On Oct 21, 2008
i am 100% lefty, i use it everywhere and anywhere, irrespective of who and what, i remember an user told me in church to stop using my left hand to drop offering and i told her the money is not meant for her, that my own way and if it's really bad, she shold cut off her left hand.

i do not have any regret that i use left, my dad uses it and his parents used it as well. infact, i wish it for all my children. the truth is we're different, imagine someone doing african in a restaurant and using his hands, won't you take a second and another look?

we write faster, you want to compete that? send me a mail!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by shilling(f): 12:07pm On Oct 21, 2008
kakaya:

i am 100% lefty, i use it everywhere and anywhere, irrespective of who and what, i remember an user told me in church to stop using my left hand to drop offering and i told her the money is not meant for her, that my own way and if it's really bad, she shold cut off her left hand.

i do not have any regret that i use left, my dad uses it and his parents used it as well. infact, i wish it for all my children. the truth is we're different, imagine someone doing african in a restaurant and using his hands, won't you take a second and another look?

we write faster
, you want to compete that? send me a mail!!

If you say so. I'm at the top of my class and I'm not competing with any of my leftie classmates cos there's nothing special or extraordinary about them. They're just plain!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by allboyz(m): 12:49pm On Oct 21, 2008
im a righty, but the SOLE TRUTH is that,if you were born using a left hand, im telling you that you were born with some "special qualities' but it now takes time for the lefty to come to the knowledge of it and convert it to his/her own advantage.

i my neighborhood, lefties are always making good points,suggestions, i think the best of them is seen in their creativity knowledge,oh God, they are so good when it comes to CREATIVITY i.e fashion,desginers,blending of colors or something of that nature, and they are often blessed with good handwritings,

1love to all righties to :Po.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 21, 2008
What's it with dis left handed fetish , we are all special in our own way.

If all you southpaws are so special why aren't you all Einsteins or bill gates

or can you compare with all the "very special" right handed people

you might quote some statistic and say percentages of lefties who are great in a poll of left handed people to percentages of righties who are equally great in a poll of right handed people are greater but it's all statistics.Mark twain once said there are 3 kinds of lies in the world , lies , darn lies and statistics.

Do ya all know that the great Leonardo da vince , the most intelligent man of all time was right handed.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by spicy007(f): 1:36pm On Oct 21, 2008
i was born a south- paw, but due to the issue of comformity while growing up, and i was the only left hander in my class, my nursery school teacher decided to teach me to write with my right hand. turns out i can now do every other thing with my left hand but write with both hands. i guess that makes me ambidextrous. i can also mirror- write with both eyes closed.

im a bit clumsy tho, i hear thats wot happens when u force kids to use their other hands to do things.

well, i'll say i have excelled in the art and social sceinces, essay writing, communicating skills and the likes, won a national essay competition in sec sch, but i dont kno if dats cos im a left- hander.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by JasmineSie(f): 2:58pm On Oct 21, 2008
*Singing and Clapping*

Leftie oyo yo

Leftie Oyo o

Kpeke le kpeke le Arugbo je gbese~~!

@Gamine walahi u be craze gal,
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by congoshine(m): 4:29pm On Oct 21, 2008
Obama,McCain ,Bill Clinton & George Bush Snr are lefties too
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Cristalz(f): 4:41pm On Oct 21, 2008
kakaya:

i am 100% lefty, i use it everywhere and anywhere, irrespective of who and what, i remember an user told me in church to stop using my left hand to drop offering and i told her the money is not meant for her,

That's the most irritating part.  .  .the self-righteous ones that shove their backwardness down God's throat as well grin When did Jesus say using one's left is a sin? They tell you not to drop offering with your left cos its disrespectful to God.  .  .after church you see these same people raining curses on someone who offends them,however slight it is. I guess handling the Bible with one's left should be a sign of disrespect to God too. Who's to say Jesus wasn't a leftie sef? grin

I drop my offering with my left. Cross myself with my left. I nor send anybody o except God,and hez yet to reject my left hand grin
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by mukina2: 4:55pm On Oct 21, 2008
Criz funny grin i am being told this daily grin like they are God or something . .using the left hand is bad. .you must not use it to do this and that . i nor send sha . .if God didnt want me to use it . he would not have given me two hands cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by lagbaja(m): 7:13pm On Oct 21, 2008
Left-handers are definitely special people.60% of US presidents in the last 30 years are left-handed am left handed too, and I was the best graduating student at my secondary school. Left handers also have very good handwritings. One theory divides left- and right-handed thinkers into two camps: visual simultaneous vs. linear sequential. According to this theory, right-handed people are thought to process information using a "linear sequential" method in which one thread must complete its processing before the next thread can be started.Left-handed persons are thought to process information using a "visual simultaneous" method in which several threads can be processed simultaneously You can learn a lot more about us here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Left-handed
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by RichyBlacK(m): 7:51pm On Oct 21, 2008
Cristalz:

That's the most irritating part.  .  .the self-righteous ones that shove their backwardness down God's throat as well grin When did Jesus say using one's left is a sin? They tell you not to drop offering with your left because its disrespectful to God.  .  .after church you see these same people raining curses on someone who offends them,however slight it is. I guess handling the Bible with one's left should be a sign of disrespect to God too. Who's to say Jesus wasn't a leftie sef? grin

I drop my offering with my left. Cross myself with my left. I nor send anybody o except God,and hez yet to reject my left hand grin

Don't mind those foolish people that search for ways to exclude people from the body of Christ. angry

[b]Jesus Christ was left-handed! [/b]http://www-personal.umd.umich.edu/~sirjon/lefthanded.html grin
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 7:57pm On Oct 21, 2008
Now this is PREPOSTEROUS!!! shocked

Jesus, Lefthanded undecided undecided undecided undecided

Abeg abeg no use God play!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Cristalz(f): 9:50pm On Oct 21, 2008
See me see wahala grin

So what if Jesus was left-handed? Are left-handed people now demons? Na wa o.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by mukina2: 9:56pm On Oct 21, 2008
why u dey mind her? grin

she is jolos cheesy
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by chessguru(m): 10:19pm On Oct 21, 2008
@ all
IGNORANCE IS BLISS, ENJOY IT HERE!! , what say i? where ignorance is been enjoyed so much like this, it is folly to be wise, most people once believed that the earth was flat but that way of reasoning never made it flat, believe what you want about your hand, am outta here 4 good!!
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by Gamine(f): 1:14am On Oct 22, 2008
We dont know if Jesus was left or Right handed

but there is no point lying ooh. cheesy

But ofcos some demons dey use left. . . . . .,,,,,,teeheehee grin

Hell na for left syd na

Jolos? nawa oo lipsrsealed

Na me wey send una to dey use left-hand undecided

Leftie pe rem pe grin
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:12am On Oct 22, 2008
What of people who can equally do things with both hands and/or feet (ambidexterity), usually pro athletes??
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by YeWendy1(f): 12:20pm On Oct 22, 2008
Everyone is unique in their own way,
Left-handed people seem to be "special" because they can actually use the left part of their brains,
Unlike right-handed people that use only the right part of the brain.
But still, It really doesn't make them more special than anyone else.
They are just different, and different is good, and everyone is different in their own way.
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by swoosh(m): 2:29pm On Oct 22, 2008
Barrack Obama & John McCain are both left handed- does that make left naded people presidential? grin
Re: Why Are Left-handed People Few And So Unique? by nomanicole(f): 4:09pm On Oct 22, 2008
una don start, una don carry com. which one is being special because you do stuffs with ur lefthand.nigerians i bow 4 una,hiaaaaaaaaaa

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

The Important Things In Life. Get Motivated Now!!!!!!! / What's Your Definition Of The Word "Stingy"? / Ever Been Discriminated Because Of Your Looks?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.