Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,993 members, 7,817,930 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:15 PM

Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? (804 Views)

Does Being A Good Guy Still Pay? / Hotel Where Perverts Pay To Have Sex With Animals Busted By Police (photos) / Should He Still Pay? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by Nauttyprof(m): 10:20pm On Sep 20, 2008
To be honest with you all, i've been thinking if originality still pays, cos i found out dat ladies somehow like guys who pretend a lot n aren't real in things. I'm a kind of person dat when im pretending, i kind of dislike my attitude especially when im doing dat to a lady n i guess for this reason i've not been able to call just one lady my girlfriend, ladies just like my personality but dont want to be friends with me. Pls should i still be myself? Should i still believe a special someone is there 4 me?
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by Nobody: 10:39pm On Sep 20, 2008
Please keep being yourself.
I despise men that pretend. What will be the whole point of liking the guy, when it's not really him? undecided
Of course there's someone special for you, why don't you think so?
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by Cristalz(f): 10:43pm On Sep 20, 2008
@poster

Nope. If originality no work for you,nor show grin
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by Busta(f): 1:15am On Sep 21, 2008
How long can one only pretend to be what you're not?
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by TOYOSI20(f): 1:17am On Sep 21, 2008
Why have it any other way?. . . . . . . .

And then for how long?. . . . , lipsrsealed
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by Hannibal: 2:05am On Sep 21, 2008
Nauttyprof:

To be honest with you all, i've been thinking if originality still pays, because i found out that ladies somehow like guys who pretend a lot n aren't real in things. I'm a kind of person that when im pretending, i kind of dislike my attitude especially when im doing that to a lady n i guess for this reason i've not been able to call just one lady my girlfriend, ladies just like my personality but don't want to be friends with me. Please should i still be myself? Should i still believe a special someone is there 4 me?

Change ur approach and what u tell them.
Something is definitely wrong with ur game.
Get more aggressive. grin
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by chessguru(m): 1:29am On Sep 22, 2008
Personally, i love bn me, though i am formless, not deceptive, it pays me to be me.
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by arramyjay: 1:33am On Sep 22, 2008
@ poster
Yes be yourself all times.And the right girl will find you and would want you as her friend just the way you are.
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by ifyalways(f): 5:13am On Sep 22, 2008
why wud i want to live a lie
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by olanajim(m): 10:36am On Sep 22, 2008
Has anybody bother to ask the poster what he meant by originality? Has anyone bother to ask him to clarify by giving examples?

What did you mean by being yourself? If you have a detestable habits or you are endowed with repulsive character; if you have been acting quite (rightly) immatured, sensitive etc. Then you need to knnw that "originality" would reduce you to a slowpoke! While it is good to be yourself, it is best to understand what you are and how people see that "originality" you talked about.

Sometimes, you may be stunned to discover that your "originality" is anti social. You don't have to be somebody else. All you have to do is realise that something must change. Either you have to change, or you change the people you flock with. You cannot hate water and sit on the beach all day long.

If you haven't find people meant for you, then change your environment.
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by MrCrackles(m): 10:38am On Sep 22, 2008
Yes it does!

1 Like

Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by dyabman(m): 10:44am On Sep 22, 2008
sure it does
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by spikedcylinder: 10:54am On Sep 22, 2008
Lies would ALWAYS come back and bite you in the yansh. I learnt that the hard way and I have tried to stay clear since.
Re: Does It Still Pay To Be Oneself? by tpia5: 10:42pm On Dec 31, 2013
i dont get what's wrong with being original, if its within agreeable limits?

personally, i dont even know how to mimic people, maybe thats something i should work on.

(1) (Reply)

Does Love Really Exist Here In Nigeria / Dumped Her For Asking For Xmas Clothes. / Should I Leave Him Or Not?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.