Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,734 members, 7,824,071 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:57 PM

South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns - Foreign Affairs (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns (6974 Views)

PanamaPapers: Jose Manuel Soria Resigns After Links 2 Offshore Deals / 2013 Xenophobia Video In South African / West Undermining African Self-determination – Mbeki (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Ndipe(m): 8:16pm On Sep 25, 2008
He is not the only president in the continent to have resigned. Leopold Senghor, I think set the precedent.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 7:58am On Sep 26, 2008
Mpele and Angelheart,do you really belief that Jacob Zuma is the only one who benefited from arms deal?
This is my theory of what could have happened:Thabo Mbeki(then vice president of the republic),Joe Modise(Defence Minister) and other where part of the committee that was negotiating the arms deals,Jacob Zuma who was a minister in Kwazulu natal province was not part of the committee not even in the tender committee.When the deal was almost concluded,Mbeki became the president of the republic and Jacob Zuma was appointed Deputy President(and I think Zuma was chosen because he is a soft,polite,cultured,committed to the organisation,respectable man and most importantly he was not wealthy).When the deal was finalised Mbeki happen to out of the country and Zuma was then a standing president and he signed the contract,before signing though he realised that somethings where wrong,he raised this with Mbeki but was told to shut up or face the consequence.Being Zulu man that he is he didn't take this lightly,he told Mbeki that ngizo'gu thola.Mbeki realised that if he does not destroy this man first this might turn bad.He called Ronnie Kasriel(Intelligent minister),who uses his resources to dig up anything on Zuma,they found out that his financial adviser and friend Shabir Shaik has transfered money to JZ on number of occasions.Kasril called Bulelani Ngcuka(National Prosecuting Authority)to see if they can have a case against Shaik that can implicate JZ.Ngcuka think it is possible but is not going to be easy,he think media could be used to influence people perception on JZ(since JZ was a respectable and cultured man).Bulelani invited editors of all newspapers and feed them with information he has on Zuma but he told them he had a case but wont charge him yet.Newspaper started running the story,and NPA tried Shabir for money laundering and corruption in his business dealings and was found guilty and sentenced to 15 years.During the case it was revealed that Shabir has made a tranferes of up to R1,5 millions of rand to JZ.And also it was found that JZ met one of the company that was bidding for the armsdeal in Mauritius,and that was the connection the NPA needed.Shabir was sentenced to 15 years in prison,Zuma was fromally charged for corruption by NPA and Mbeki used this opportunity to sack JZ.
NPA used all their tactics to delay the case,so that they can start prosecuting Zuma when the elections are closer so that it make him illegible to become a president.

And yes they tried again tainting JZ reputation by using this HIV positive woman,who have been very close to Zuma and his family infact Zuma once proposed marriage to her,the case was not about Zuma raping a woman but it was about Zuma sleeping with HIV positive woman without a condom(it was a trap but he stupidly fell for it).

So Mpele le Angelheart I think there are biggerfishes(that ate bigger pieces) to fry,Mbeki made Zuma a hero.In my book if Mbeki didnt go after JZ,Ceril Ramaphosa was definitely our next president.Sorry for the long story am not a good writer embarassed
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Mpele(m): 8:07am On Sep 26, 2008
RSA, this Mbeki thing is sooo boring. Tony Blair was also dismissed like this but hey, the brits never made noise about it. Lets just leave it, the poor oke is gone.

As for Angelhearts, i don't think she is South African, or maybe she has a Nigerian or Sudanese boyfriend
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by eezzy(f): 9:17am On Sep 26, 2008
One of the reasons he resigned is because a judge divulged info that
he was agitating for the charges against Zuma, which (strangely) Zuma
was found to be 'not guilty'. For that reason they wanted to pass a vote
of 'No Confidence' in Thabo for daring to be against Zuma.

If you ask me, it is just a matter of time before our dear old South Africa degenerates
to the levels of all other African countries, corruption (which Zuma was accused of), sychophancy
and all, more so, under Zuma who does not strike me as the most ideal man to lead that country.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by LadyT(f): 9:47am On Sep 26, 2008
Good riddance to bad rubbish!

Senseless man!

That Zuma is next! angry
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Nobody: 10:18am On Sep 26, 2008
Finally the era of white men in black skin (a la Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki) is over.
Welcome to the era of crude African politics (naija style) in SA.
Sunshine's over for SA, now the storm hits.
This is just the beginning of sorrows.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 10:54am On Sep 26, 2008
NiyiRocks!:

Finally the era of white men in black skin (a la Nelson Mandela and Thabo Mbeki) is over.
Welcome to the era of crude African politics (naija style) in SA.
Sunshine's over for SA, now the storm hits.
This is just the beginning of sorrows.

Now that Mbeki is gone,I am pretty sure that we will never go African way.South Africans has a culture of putting their nations first.We don't mind sacrificing our self for a bigger cause,Mbeki does not have that culture,he have a 'big man mentality' which is not South African(he spent most of his life hopping from one country to the other,from Nigeria to England I am told).
I have a feeling Zuma will recuse himself from becoming president of the country next year.And president Motlanthe will carry on taking South Africa to new height.And yes I am extra happy cause we have Motswana President.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Mpele(m): 11:01am On Sep 26, 2008
I don't care if we have a xhosa, motswana shangaan or afrikaaner president, what I care about is if the politicians can make sure that South Africa maintains its economic success and higher standard of living.
Motlanthe must make sure that the level of crime goes down and our border gates should only be open to those who are here to work or to invest.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 11:41am On Sep 26, 2008
Word!!
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by thando(f): 1:06pm On Sep 26, 2008
Mbeki is out. obviously Zuma is not our ideal man. Motlanthle doesnt want to b president for the long run, said he'd rather b a scout for bafana lol.so who else do we have?
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 1:41pm On Sep 26, 2008
thando:

.so who else do we have?

Tokyo Sexwale
Ceril Ramaphosa
Mathew Phosa
Patrice Motsepe

We have good young leaders,who will take South Africa to the next level,which is a first fully developed nation from Africa.As South Africans we should take our God given resposibility which is to elevate a black man to the height no one thought he could be.We are the chosen nation,we are here to lead Africans whereever they are in the world.
We will be the most succesfull black nation in the world and hopefully other will follow.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Mpele(m): 1:53pm On Sep 26, 2008
Why exclude Trevor Manuel, or by the he is coloured. South Africa must be led by person of a darker skin, because it is a black country. What a pity!
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Angelheart: 2:48pm On Sep 26, 2008
Mpele:

As for Angelhearts, i don't think she is South African, or maybe she has a Nigerian or Sudanese boyfriend

Ok then Mpele. Holokile.  I see hore wa mphaphela!! Ke tswa Mams ki Pitoli and ke motswana to the core. Ba bantsebang ha ba mpona bare: 'Ke Mmatshetlhana malebana moeng o etetse mang'.  Do coloureds have a culture??

RSA:

Tokyo Sexwale
Ceril Ramaphosa
Mathew Phosa
Patrice Motsepe

ToKyo Sexwale: Ke hana nnang ya basadi. He is just a diamond smuggler.  Ke legentsa just like Mpele's people le Zuma and Schabir.
Patrice Motsebe: He is just aphilantropist at heart. You left out Manto Tshabalala

RSA, why do you only mention Tswana dudes??
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 3:40pm On Sep 26, 2008
Chesa ngwana Pitori,ka nhlela.Angelheart aa oitsi pina ee

Who can tell, gore diwa kae,
Follow me otla otlwa monate
1 time agona melao
Kebone o, are o rata o,
1 by 1  resaka le pina,
2 by 2, kare ro sekama kae,
Then tonight, radisemola,
12 o'clock chesnara kota
Don't talk osenya dipina,
Show me gore odilata jang,
Jang kapa jang, tlabe releteng,
I don't mind hotshwara mona
Just enjoy baby tsotle ditlaloka,
Ompitse papa, kegobitse mama,
Chorus X 2
Fare fetsa rofeletsa kae,
Fare fetsa otsamaya lemang,
Verse 2
No, no, no, no, don't fight letlorebora,
Enwa jala tlogela polotiki,
Don't stress oresenyetsa monate.
Be free o emixe lebana
Side to side mepako ke ye,
2 by 2 kodicorneng
Mr. Serious bana kebale,
Slow down, otla beywa dichesa,
Fasa o, nna kefase o,
Jackpot dilo dia etobetsa
1 By 1 DJ wadichanger
6 to 6 yamonate fella,
2 By 2, 3 is a crowd
You must never say hore watsamaya
Chorus X 2
Verse 3
Abuti we, tlhobola diglass
Otherwise retlo dithuba
You can dance mare osa etsa lerole
Tshwara mepako, letsatsantsha kelaka
6 By 6 radi tobetsa
Fa o kalatlha retseya ngwana
Ousi we o e tshwere kamang
Mphe dinumber ke go tshware kamoya
Next time kenna le wena
Bona dikey dere tsela we!
Baby please, skampoqa
Fa ele didrinks ketlagorekela
Bona ole, bamoganna
Oskatla mo, wantshenyetsa
Chorus ,

Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 3:43pm On Sep 26, 2008
Angelheart:

RSA, why do you only mention Tswana dudes??

Tokyo Sexwale ke Xhosa
Ceril Ramaphosa ke Tsonga
Mathew Phosa ke Mopedi
Patrice Motsepe ke Motswana

Motswana oi wane fela.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Angelheart: 5:32pm On Sep 26, 2008
RSA:

Chesa ngwana Pitori,ka nhlela.Angelheart aa oitsi pina ee

Who can tell, gore diwa kae,
Follow me otla otlwa monate
1 time agona melao
Kebone o, are o rata o,
1 by 1  resaka le pina,
2 by 2, kare ro sekama kae,
Then tonight, radisemola,
12 o'clock chesnara kota
Don't talk osenya dipina,
Show me gore odilata jang,
Jang kapa jang, tlabe releteng,
I don't mind hotshwara mona
Just enjoy baby tsotle ditlaloka,
Ompitse papa, kegobitse mama,
Chorus X 2
Verse 2
No, no, no, no, don't fight letlorebora,
Enwa jala tlogela polotiki,
Don't stress oresenyetsa monate.
Be free o emixe lebana
Side to side mepako ke ye,
2 by 2 kodicorneng
Mr. Serious bana kebale,
Slow down, otla beywa dichesa,
Fasa o, nna kefase o,
Jackpot dilo dia etobetsa
1 By 1 DJ wadichanger
6 to 6 yamonate fella,
2 By 2, 3 is a crowd
You must never say hore watsamaya
Chorus X 2
Verse 3
Abuti we, tlhobola diglass
Otherwise retlo dithuba
You can dance mare osa etsa lerole
Tshwara mepako, letsatsantsha kelaka
6 By 6 radi tobetsa
Fa o kalatlha retseya ngwana
Ousi we o e tshwere kamang
Mphe dinumber ke go tshware kamoya
Next time kenna le wena
Bona dikey dere tsela we!
Baby please, skampoqa
Fa ele didrinks ketlagorekela
Bona ole, bamoganna
Oskatla mo, wantshenyetsa
Chorus ,

RSA, dont do this to me!!! Ke hopola hae!!Hape ke mo UK studying and communicating le batswana baho tshwana le wena makes a huge difference!!
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by thando(f): 7:01pm On Sep 26, 2008
I agree with u there RSA, South Africa still has a lot of work to do with regards to the upliftment of the rest of Africa.but i'm not conveinced with yo candidates.surprisingly tokyo is also a staunch and religious follower of the Zuma cult as this boy malema so i wouldnt trust him either.Patrice, i've heard very funny stories with regards to his decision making skills at Sundowns and personaly he doesnt strike me as a man who can stand his ground,no disrespect. is Cyril still in politics n who is Mat Phosa
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Mpele(m): 7:21am On Sep 29, 2008
Ba gaetsho I may be coloured but ke a utlwa le go tlhaloganya setswana. Le seka la nagana gore le tla ntsheba. Ke letlhanya la Pitori to the core.

Go le botsa nnete, nna ga ke le coloured, ke dira se fela go no tsoga trouble. Ke rata controversy, so ke realisitse gore mauthi a ko Nigeria they easly get worked up. So please bathong ba modimo le se ka la blowa cover ya me.

Ke authi ya Pitoria, ko motseng ke ko Soshanguve. Ke student sa ko TUKS (University of Pretoria). Mme ke na le dichomi di le dintsi tse ditswang ko West Africa. Bangwe ba bona ke kopane le bona nako e nneng ke le kwa Australia dingwaga dile pedi tse di fetileng.

Hope gore le tla kgona go bala se ke se kwetseng, Setwana same ga sa siama ka kese motswana.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 8:22am On Sep 29, 2008
Bona,ao monna! o dirile gore ke go roge pele embarassed but ke a go utlwa mkhaya.Intshwarele joe.Pitori ya matlhanya,hola hola.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Angelheart: 11:48am On Sep 29, 2008
Mpele:

Ba gaetsho I may be coloured but ke a utlwa le go tlhaloganya setswana. Le seka la nagana gore le tla ntsheba. Ke letlhanya la Pitori to the core.

Go le botsa nnete, nna ga ke le coloured, ke dira se fela go no tsoga trouble. Ke rata controversy, so ke realisitse gore mauthi a ko Nigeria they easly get worked up. So please bathong ba modimo le se ka la blowa cover ya me.

Ke authi ya Pitoria, ko motseng ke ko Soshanguve. Ke student sa ko TUKS (University of Pretoria). Mme ke na le dichomi di le dintsi tse ditswang ko West Africa. Bangwe ba bona ke kopane le bona nako e nneng ke le kwa Australia dingwaga dile pedi tse di fetileng.

Hope gore le tla kgona go bala se ke se kwetseng, Setwana same ga sa siama ka kese motswana.

A Mpele!! WHy wait this long? Ok then, kea go utlwa! Le wena ore rogaka too much!! Hauwa!! Hape you called me ugly!! LOL! Anyway, go sharp!!
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Mpele(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2008
What I do is just go no tsosa raurau, thats it. Di forum tse dintsi ba nkobile, ka ke ne ke tsosa trouble all the way. If these forums re le lovey dovey and always agreeing on everything di a mbora.

Le seka la wara ka go nthoga. I've experienced racism a baai from whites ke sa le high school kwa Pretoria Boys High. Ke experiencitse rejection a baai from mauthi a bo darkie ko kassie ba mpitsa coconut, cheeseboy or model c ya go itira betere go feta batho ba ba ngwe. I'm sure as batho ba go tswa ko kassie you know gore ke bua kaeng. So I've developed a thick skin. And Angelheart how is London. Hope gore ke tlotla koo, as my fried o kwa Yorkshire, but a re e kgole le London.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Angelheart: 1:10pm On Sep 29, 2008
We are on the same boat. Went to Settlers Agric High myself and I was called Mmadibuseng!

Im in Cambridge University. Ke studente mo!! Yorkshire e kgole le mo mara holla at me re tla kopana ko London!!
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by lyrica: 3:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God is coming back to Africa but landed in South Africa. Halleluyah!!! for an African president to be asked to resign and he did means God is coming back but i don't think he will ever visit naija for sure?

na u sabi, abeg my God dey this country. u guys will always complain if u are good enough to rule this country start first by resisting a bribe, not paying thru the back door to get to the university, not doing man know man to get jobs etc. we are all guilty pls pray for ur president rather than complain all the time
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Angelheart: 3:39pm On Sep 29, 2008
lyrica:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
God is coming back to Africa but landed in South Africa. Halleluyah!!! for an African president to be asked to resign and he did means God is coming back but i don't think he will ever visit naija for sure?

na u sabi, abeg my God dey this country. u guys will always complain if u are good enough to rule this country start first by resisting a bribe, not paying through the back door to get to the university, not doing man know man to get jobs etc. we are all guilty please pray for ur president rather than complain all the time

I need some clarity here Lyrica.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by bawomolo(m): 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2008
We are the chosen nation,we are here to lead Africans whereever they are in the world.

lol, delusion of grandeur
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 6:07pm On Sep 29, 2008
bawomolo:

lol, delusion of grandeur

When Jesus said he was a messiah people didn't belief him and some still dont belief but I am telling you RSA is going to raise black pride from where ever its been hiding itself and show it to the whole world,In the dark continent the sun is rising from the south and soon the whole Africa will be bright again.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Malila: 10:16am On Oct 02, 2008
RSA:

When Jesus said he was a messiah people didn't belief him and some still don't belief but I am telling you RSA is going to raise black pride from where ever its been hiding itself and show it to the whole world,In the dark continent the sun is rising from the south and soon the whole Africa will be bright again.

Hohoo, not when you are xenophobic towards the same people you intend to "uplift"
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Tapiya(m): 8:51pm On Oct 05, 2008
But guys lets not be overtaken by the events and Praise the whole thing, Give that chance to and every Tom Dick and Harry would want the President to Resign even when there is no Genuine Reason, and In SA's Case what was the problem can we deny or acknowledge that Zuma is corrupt? if he is then he would have succeeded in making Corruption an institution in the Southern Part of Africa and in that case we should not shout Uhuru yet, If a corrupt man stands against a President and fights him down then there is a problem.

Until the Determination of the case Against Mr Zuma and I would not even rely on that cos I think he has admit to some wrong doing already SA is coming Down o'

Lets watch out.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Kay1kay1(m): 9:43am On Oct 06, 2008
It's rare in our beloved continent,we hope other political leaders take a cue from this.However, things become scary with the increasing likelihood of that mafia dude called Zuma taking over.SA has been a role model as a well run economy.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by RSA(m): 12:31pm On Oct 07, 2008
Malila:

Hohoo, not when you are xenophobic towards the same people you intend to "uplift"

Yes xenophobia wont stop,as long as people with no other skills exept their hand flock to South Africa,they will compete with the country's poor,unskilled,uneducated locals and they will start fighting for resources,services,jobs and to some extend woman.
By uplifting Africa I was refering to African pride,South Africa will do it by becoming a first fully developed nation(and we are not far) in Africa.And this will encourage others to follow in her footstep.

Yes this will happen because of whites,and we love it.If you remember ANC never fought to take over whites and ship them to Europe,we fought for equal rights,we wanted whites to remain in the country,and play a meaningfull role to better the life of our people.Thank God we have visionary leaders,who thinks in 100 years.
Currently there is nothing good comming out of Africa,except South Africa.We dont need you to be in our country to be inspired.Africans must stop treating their leaders like kings,gone are the days of kings and queens,if you think Yrdua is not delivering?tell him to resign.Until your people possess those powers then your country and the rest of the continent will remain a dark continent and SA the only light and might even ask for special EU membership.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by Malila: 4:04pm On Oct 08, 2008
RSA:

Yes xenophobia wont stop,as long as people with no other skills exept their hand flock to South Africa,they will compete with the country's poor,unskilled,uneducated locals and they will start fighting for resources,services,jobs and to some extend woman.

By uplifting Africa I was refering to African pride,South Africa will do it by becoming a first fully developed nation(and we are not far) in Africa.And this will encourage others to follow in her footstep.

Yes this will happen because of whites,and we love it.If you remember ANC never fought to take over whites and ship them to Europe,we fought for equal rights,we wanted whites to remain in the country,and play a meaningfull role to better the life of our people.Thank God we have visionary leaders,who thinks in 100 years.

Currently there is nothing good comming out of Africa,except South Africa.We don't need you to be in our country to be inspired.Africans must stop treating their leaders like kings,gone are the days of kings and queens,if you think Yrdua is not delivering?tell him to resign.Until your people possess those powers then your country and the rest of the continent will remain a dark continent and SA the only light and might even ask for special EU membership.

Currently there is nothing good comming out of Africa, except South Africa? What a one-sided almost colonial view! FYI Mbeki is not the first African president to step down. Nyerere did the same in Tanzania in 1985 if I'm not mistaken.

And are unskilled immigrants in South Africa only to be found among blacks?

Listen my friend, Africa is the continent of the black man. And as long as the black man is a 2nd class citizen like in South Africa you really can't boast that much. I certainly appreciate the vision of Mandela to create good racial relations and uplift the black South Africans. Let's hope that vision will be executed well and bring its intended results.
Re: South African President Mbeki Formally Resigns by morpheus24: 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2008
OH BOY I NO KNOW SAY PLENTY SA BOYS AND GIRLS FULL THIS FORUM OH DEY BLAST .

CARRY ON. THIS IS INTERESTING TO SEE ON A NAIJA FORUM

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Did You Know That All Osama Bin Laden's Killers Are Now Dead? / Gaddafi Vows To Remain Libyan Leader ! / We think that Osama Bin Laden 'death Photo' Is A Fake

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.