Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,231 members, 7,829,409 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta (10487 Views)

Aliyu Congratulates Buhari, Declares Curfew In Niger / IBB's Children, Mohammed & Halima On PDP Campaign Train In Niger / Katsina Stoning: Niger Delta “ll Retaliate, Says Dokubo Asari (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by reindeer: 9:24pm On Sep 22, 2008
i think MEND is fighting the wrong set of people
the real enemies of the Niger delta are their supposed leaders
Alams stole huge amounts of money that could build bridges and schools and yet they hailed the pot bellied glutton on his arrival, the ex governors siphoned their monies abroad and yet they yab EFCC for trying them
really that country baffles me,i woulda thought that sane people will be fighting their local leaders, instead they worry about the fine buildings in abuja,
i tell you even if they make it 90% derivation, this will only make their governors richer and the people poorer, then the same leaders will arm them and tell them to fight the federal govt so more money can be voted for the region AND THE CYCLE CONTINUES!
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by BUSHFELLOW(m): 10:06pm On Sep 22, 2008
javarules (m)
Abuja

Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta
« #28 on: Today at 07:47:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the art of war, one very good point to know is how to deal with the enemy. The same principle is supported in the Laws of Power, the principle is simple: Destroy The Enemy Totally.

In this case, the question is who is the enemy.

Yes MEND, but wait before you conclude. Have you been to Abuja, the nation's capital and been to Bayelsa State. Can you compare kaduna, kano and Sokoto states to Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa states. These guys have been negleted for so long. They have been pushed to the wall. Even a goat will turn back at you when it gets to the wall.

The JTF, no I don't still agree with you. For all you care, there is a soldier in the JTF whose brother is a MEND. For all you care, there are soldiers here who are in this war only because they don't have any other means of feeding their family.

So who is the enemy, who should be detroyed totally, I'll tell you

The Senator who earns millions for doing almost nothing and still is greedy enough to embezle the money for his constituency.
The Minister who prefers to keep the money in his bank account than build one, just one good school
The Governor who rather builds castles in UK than provide for his fellow countryman
The Elder who keeps quite because of a meager 1million naira, when 200million should have been given to his people
The Local Government Chairman, who wears a 2million naira wrist watch, at the expense of his subordinates

These people are the real enemy, not MEND, not JTF. Now they want to see to the crisis, it could have been avoided, lives could have been saved. If you watch the movie The Rock(Nicholas Cage & Sean Connery), The president's speech before he authorised Alcatraz to be melted down is true here also

They didnt listen when it matters. They brought these upon us and the thousands of innocent souls that have been lost

The JTF have done right. Even if they are winning, who are they winning against?

This post explains it all i think this topic ends here for every exlanation has been explained here.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by thehomer: 10:34pm On Sep 22, 2008
Yeah I agree with the above post I hope that now MEND will wake up to the real task of closely watching their representatives (governors down to local govt. chair persons).
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by mygee33(m): 11:30pm On Sep 22, 2008
in the first instance, the military should not respect MEND CALLING FOR CEASE FIRE. Tactically, they (military) are loosing the grip on the situation. MEND should not be calling the shots here, they want to watch how MEND will keep to their own LAW; and if they don't?
I believe its time we, the Nigerian govt begins to call the shot, and in so doing a lot of signal is being sent. And to achieve that will take a lot too, For instance, MEND had to declare "hurricane Barbarossa" to send in a signal that they cannot be taken for a ride. Then all of a sudden they are calling for a cease fire,(having well suffered severe losses). We re buying it as messiah well awaited instead of matching up to it now. Give them back what they have started, use government forces, ground and air, mobile tanks, `helicopters, gun ships,all well equipped with Surface to air missiles e.tc. Declare "hurricane" or "volcano" "earthquake" or whatever, just get them running. Who says the army does not know where they are. Sometime ago. wen the might of the govt fell in p/h (this year or thereabout), the militants knew what it felt like!!!!!!!!!!
What an i saying, like play like play we go reach Iraq. In 1999, no body was taking about millitants. Who knows what we ll be talking about in 2015.
Politics or no politics, neglect or no neglect, these guys have seen much of money in the niger delta and re not willing, not even ready to surrender their weapons. Their demands will keep changing! From 13% derivation, to the release of their leader and government presence etc. Yet they cannot go back. Give a mouse a cookie, he ll definitely ask for a glass of milk.
sometime ago Biafra was called a rebel group and that resulted to a civil war. Democracy might be leaving a lot of open windows that should not even be a wall.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by bawomolo(m): 1:56am On Sep 23, 2008
although a ceasefire is good, MEND and the other gangs roaming the ND would have to be disarmed to reach a longterm peaceful solution.  the federal government should extend amnesty to any "freedom" fighter that agrees to drop their weapons. by the way, what happened to hurricane babarossa tongue
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by odare24(m): 12:48pm On Sep 23, 2008
what a relief
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by OLIGHI: 12:55pm On Sep 23, 2008
MEND Declear cease fire, cos of the pressure from their elders
If the millitary are that strong they should have reject the cease fire and go to the creek,
Then we will see how many will come out alive.
The Truth is that the so called millitary only shoot from river banks, thereafter start all types of media propaganda.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by tkb417(m): 1:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
@olighi
when did MEND start listening to thier elders?
U havent heard? that they are now recruiting enmasse to cover for the major loss they suffered from the JTF

They are calling for ceasefire to re-group, re-strategise and re-launch unsuspecting attacks on JTF and oil installations across the Niger Delta.
This ceasefire should be the period to wipe them away.

Let the hostilities continue
na dem go tire. as a matter of fact, the number of militants go reduce either they like it or not. shebi den no go recruit 5 year old kids!!!
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by WilyWily: 1:39pm On Sep 23, 2008
chessguru:

@ post
[color=#000099] THE SOLUTION FROM MY CHESS ' the ancient game of tactics wisdom' is that, THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT SHOULD EXERT ALL MILITARY FORCE, AND DECLARE AN OPERATION WITH OWN CODE NAME, DEPLORE ITS FULL MILITARY MIGHT , FULL SCALE AND COMB EVERY CORNER OF THE CREEK, ALL THE MILITANTS BASE WHICH I BELIEVE THEY KNOW, DISARM ALL OF THEM AND WEAKEN IF NOT TOTALLY SEEK AND DESTROY using fire spitting jets air raids and full scale war if neccessary, OPERATION CRUSH THE MILITANTS TOTALLY, AFTER THAT
Dirty Stinking Nigeria soldiers have tried this Solution From your Chess with No Success.
MEND and all Freedom declared Ceasefire so that Civilians working with oil companies will leave peacefully, then the real action will start. I promise you soon Stinking Nigeria untrained Dirty soldiers will face their final defeat
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by tkb417(m): 2:34pm On Sep 23, 2008
wilywily
ure still alive?
i tot the JTF had captured you with Henry Orkar?
chei!!

How is Sagbama doing? abi na Ateke be ur pally?
bloody militant. na me go personally come capture u if u no travel commot for that zone.

U dey call our soldiers dirty abi? shey na ur MEND come clean?
olodo rabata
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by otokx(m): 2:38pm On Sep 23, 2008
The truth is difficult to suppress and with time reality will stare Nigeria in the face.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by timbabng(m): 2:47pm On Sep 23, 2008
. . .if those MEND fcukers had tried this during military rule e.g Abacha, i'm sure they wont be such pests.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by timbabng(m): 2:53pm On Sep 23, 2008
WilyWily:

Dirty Stinking Nigeria soldiers have tried this Solution From your Chess with No Success.
MEND and all Freedom declared Ceasefire so that Civilians working with oil companies will leave peacefully, then the real action will start. I promise you soon Stinking Nigeria untrained Dirty soldiers will face their final defeat

Who the Bleep is this guy calling the Nigerian Army Dirty, Stinking, Untrained. How can you match MEND against the Army? Omo boy, soon MEND will start constricting people like you when they run out of TOY SOLDIERS
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by tkb417(m): 3:07pm On Sep 23, 2008
@Otoks
The truth is that, bloody scking demons amongst us should be wiped away. We dont want our country to become Somalia, Sudan or Iraq where some people believe the only way to fight oppression is to kill and maim.

ask urself who they've been able to kill
These dudes are bloody thieves. They in the name of fighting for a region amass so much for themselves and will recruit dullards to go and carry gun. Give them peanuts and since those chaps arent educated, they will believe they are fighting a good battle.

The ND problem can never be solved with what henry Orkar and co are doing. Do you know Henry? what do you know about him? someone whos been dealing in arms for a long time suddenly becomes a freedom fighter!!! im laffing in swahili.
The only reason why hes into this fighting is to amass so much for himself and later bolt away just like Asari has done.

Sagbama George, Tom Ateke and all those war mongers were pure cultists b4 the sudden struggle for the emancipation of the Ndeltans. Thos charlatans can never fight a good battle. besides, what kinda battle will you fight with guns and bombs?

i believe one day, a sensible government will come on baord and do what is right for the Niger Delta. I support the 40% struggle but we shouldnt let this degenerate into unnecessary killings.

we need to ask the Odilis, Alams and co what they did wit the funds they were given. How are we sure the 40% if given to that region wont go into private pockets?
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by ANDSTEL(m): 3:18pm On Sep 23, 2008
"The hardway the Only way" and "The end Justifies d means", Am not in support of wat MEND is doing but our govt. is not helping matters. Y are we waiting for the country to withness total breakdown of law and order be4 we take niger delta case seriously? Each govt. comes and tells stories, committees upon committees spending our money, we see nothing happenning yet the people are suffering over there.
If Govt wants to solve d problem of niger delta, they will be serious. approve reasonable percentage bw 40-50% and take other drastic measures, there will be peace there. the more govt play around d issue , the more d boyz are getting used to the new occupation. a time is coming even if govt. decides to approve 90% derivation fund the boys wont be able to stop d habit anymore. its better govt act now.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by cjmikeTEC: 3:21pm On Sep 23, 2008
It is only in Naija that hoodlums,thugs, oil thieves get up and rename themselves freedom fighters and people (actually, mugus) listen to them. Big shame !!
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by objzwife: 3:59pm On Sep 23, 2008
we need to ask the Odilis, Alams and co what they did wit the funds they were given. How are we sure the 40% if given to that region wont go into private pockets?

I want to wake up one morning and hear MEND has arrested Odili and Alams for the funds they stole . I am from the ND region, look the system is so corrupt, even though the senate signs a bill right now and gives ND 95% of Federal revenue, MEND would still be crying for marginalization. The so-called MEND group enjoys the confused state of the ND region so as to create a conducive atmosphere for illegal activities such as bunkering.
Believe you me a lot of Nigerian make money for all this confusion, even the JTF group gets a state federal-mached budget every month to play with in the name of peace keeping. Julius Berger left ND and fired 10000 of its staffs. This boys would tout the streets looking for employment and better yet when MEND comes with an offer letter, it would be almost criminal to say "no"
The truth of the matter is that there are too many factions in the Niger Delta, its now a multi-billion naira business. The leaders use these boys to bring to fusion political/selfish goals. The thematic concern of their problem is not their improverished situation, albeit its also a great concern. Past administrations in the ND region had paid these militant groups when they were just a few in number to make them keep quiet and allow multinational companies to do their thing. The present administration has chosen not to do this because it fuels an already burning fire, infact the big reason is that the militant groups have mushroomed into so many factions that it is so hard to keep a diary of their activities.

Until political and selfish gain is denounced, Niger delta problem would continue to be a buzz word in the international media. The non- crippled Yaradua administration can no do anything.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by monamie1: 5:46pm On Sep 23, 2008
From my observation, the militants are not truly agitating for the better lots of the Niger Deltans and even if they are, they have adopted a criminal means of doing so. Dialogue is always favoured as the first call for resolving disputes and grievances except if of course, the sorrounding circumstances do not provide an amicable environment for same. Where dialogue becomes non-applicable, then some form of protest could follow suit. The conflict resolution process is only relevant where a genuine course of conflict is in focus. If all amicable means of resolving genuine dispute fail to provide any headway which hardly applies in situations of genuine agitations, then some selfish elements could be termed to be responsible.

As the case with MEND, the govt could verify the genuineness of its agitation which has taken a criminal dimension by campaigning for mass evacuation and a resttlement of its true settlers to enable for the actualisation of a concrete development plan within the region. Anything short of compliance by any group of individuals would amount to a complete defiance of peace and progress which would in turn expose the culprits of misdeeds in the region. Moreover, the resettlement would provide the settlers with a more conducieve environment pending when the development plan has been completed. Upon expiration of the initial and final evacuation notice, any group of persons still within the region should be regarded as miscreants and false agitators for the true development of the Niger Delta. If the groups resist arrest and retaliate by the use of ammunitions, then it would only be proper to unleash the full weight of the law upon them by instituting a complete military assault which is justifiable as the nation should not be plunged into unrest by a selective few selfish persons to the detriment of the larger populace.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by LiquidMind(m): 9:12pm On Sep 23, 2008
I think some of the people that have been contributing to this post, that (Fire should be used to quench fire )
have being receiving propaganda education all there life time in school

Stop believing everything you read on the papers and think for your self.
( The problem is those who are behind the scene pulling the strings )

Nigeria is a messed-up country -- also poverty and corruption looms because of the thief we call leader,

I know this crisis is not an isolated case like the once we have in Colombia, nortern Ireland, Spain.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Nobody: 10:53pm On Sep 23, 2008
LiquidMind:

Nigeria is a messed-up country -- also poverty and corruption looms because of the thief we call leader

. . . messed up because of ppl like you. Leave nairaland now! go join yankeeland or jandland. My country isnt messed up. We're moving forward.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by BUSHFELLOW(m): 11:37pm On Sep 23, 2008
javarules (m)
Abuja

Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta
« #28 on: Today at 07:47:51 PM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In the art of war, one very good point to know is how to deal with the enemy. The same principle is supported in the Laws of Power, the principle is simple: Destroy The Enemy Totally.

In this case, the question is who is the enemy.

Yes MEND, but wait before you conclude. Have you been to Abuja, the nation's capital and been to Bayelsa State. Can you compare kaduna, kano and Sokoto states to Delta, Rivers and Bayelsa states. These guys have been negleted for so long. They have been pushed to the wall. Even a goat will turn back at you when it gets to the wall.

The JTF, no I don't still agree with you. For all you care, there is a soldier in the JTF whose brother is a MEND. For all you care, there are soldiers here who are in this war only because they don't have any other means of feeding their family.

So who is the enemy, who should be detroyed totally, I'll tell you

The Senator who earns millions for doing almost nothing and still is greedy enough to embezle the money for his constituency.
The Minister who prefers to keep the money in his bank account than build one, just one good school
The Governor who rather builds castles in UK than provide for his fellow countryman
The Elder who keeps quite because of a meager 1million naira, when 200million should have been given to his people
The Local Government Chairman, who wears a 2million naira wrist watch, at the expense of his subordinates

These people are the real enemy, not MEND, not JTF. Now they want to see to the crisis, it could have been avoided, lives could have been saved. If you watch the movie The Rock(Nicholas Cage & Sean Connery), The president's speech before he authorised Alcatraz to be melted down is true here also

They didnt listen when it matters. They brought these upon us and the thousands of innocent souls that have been lost

The JTF have done right. Even if they are winning, who are they winning against?

tkb417
The truth is that, bloody scking demons amongst us should be wiped away. We don't want our country to become Somalia, Sudan or Iraq where some people believe the only way to fight oppression is to kill and maim.

ask yourself who they've been able to kill
These dudes are bloody thieves. They in the name of fighting for a region amass so much for themselves and will recruit dullards to go and carry gun. Give them peanuts and since those chaps arent educated, they will believe they are fighting a good battle.

The ND problem can never be solved with what henry Orkar and co are doing. Do you know Henry? what do you know about him? someone whos been dealing in arms for a long time suddenly becomes a freedom fighter!!! im laffing in swahili.
The only reason why hes into this fighting is to amass so much for himself and later bolt away just like Asari has done.

Sagbama George, Tom Ateke and all those war mongers were pure cultists before the sudden struggle for the emancipation of the Ndeltans. Thos charlatans can never fight a good battle. besides, what kind of battle will you fight with guns and bombs?

i believe one day, a sensible government will come on baord and do what is right for the Niger Delta. I support the 40% struggle but we shouldnt let this degenerate into unnecessary killings.

SM your reasoning tight you bam

Everyone has been blaming mend but no one has put the blame at door step of the government who has neglected this people for so long. The politicians, who equipped them and use them for selfish reasons. Using them to stop candidates who are the people’s choice to lead them. we saw what happened in the last election guns every where this is where Militancy actually starts from. now it is hitting them back to their face now they want to exempt themselves because they are now in public offices left for me MEND is fighting the wrong people the people to fight is their elders and their Politian’s
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by udezue(m): 2:00am On Sep 24, 2008
tkb417,

Please leave the East alone in whatever madness you are promoting. We will never engage in the genocidal slaughter of our related neighbors.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Nigeria10: 4:55am On Sep 24, 2008
I think if the federal govt really want a solution to this problem , there is a need to create Coastal state,  which would consist of south delta senatorial area and west bayelsa senatorial area. this would reduce serious the suffering of the niger delta. i think this is one of the solution. This may even be the main solution to solving this problem.

If I was the president i would create coastal state of the south delta senatorial and west bayelsa senatorial. You will break the back of the militia if this is done believe. you would be shock how militia would reduce. This area is important. put a state in this 2  important senatorial area and you serious reduce militia.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by WilyWily: 4:54pm On Sep 24, 2008
tkb417:

wilywily
ure still alive?
i tot the JTF had captured you with Henry Orkar?
chei!!

How is Sagbama doing? abi na Ateke be ur pally?
bloody militant. na me go personally come capture u if u no travel commot for that zone.

You dey call our soldiers dirty abi? shey na ur MEND come clean?
olodo rabata
timba_bng link=topic=174334.msg2842035#msg2842035 date=1222177992:

Who the Bleep is this guy calling the Nigerian Army Dirty, Stinking, Untrained. How can you match MEND against the Army? Omo boy, soon MEND will start constricting people like you when they run out of TOY SOLDIERS
Tkb417 and timba
please visit any Nigeria Army Barracks,
Nigeria Soldiers are the worst stinking Dirty thing on Earth,
Come closer to them and see how Dirty they are, especially the Junior rank Soldiers, they Stink like rotten egg
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by tkb417(m): 5:01pm On Sep 24, 2008
Udezue
delusion is ur middlename. I should leave the east alone?
first off, ure an illiterate!!! who told you The ND is in th east?
you dont know ur geopolitical zones and u wanna talk to tkb?

Go back to ur classes u scoundrel and dont make more uncoordinated noise.
who is promoting madness? madness is in itself what MEND is doing and whoever has contributed to the demise of tranquility in ND.

F'ck off and dont u address ur shallow tots to me again
olodo rabata

Wiliwily
u know say me and you don start this war tey tey
nyways, we go yarn better tmr.
at least, u sabi wetin u dey talk

dont misquote me o, im not supporting anybody o
im just against the killings. Thats all
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Nigeria10: 5:14pm On Sep 24, 2008
This is coastal state from satellite picture. you can see it is nearly the same size as the whole of the 5 states in the south east. Here is where nearly 70 % of the militia comes from this area. give them a state. you would be shock it would reduce the poverty level. it is 10 local govt.

it consist of delta south senatorial and west bayelsa senatorial area.

Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by ryta: 6:53pm On Sep 24, 2008
JTF finish them one time. those bastard has turn the once lively town Warri to a ghost of itself
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Abagworo(m): 7:19pm On Sep 24, 2008
Na wah for dis guy.Map map map!!.if landmass should be the basis for state creation,then 10 states should be created out of Sokoto.On a serious note state creation is no solution.I'm from here and I reside here.The problem is rooted in the pre-independence balkanization of the Ijaw speaking area in the Niger delta.They developed a kind of apathy for strangers and hence scare away investors.If the riverine people were hospitable enough oil companies would have preferred settling their high rank expatriates their because theres no residence as luxurious as sea side.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Ibime(m): 7:29pm On Sep 24, 2008
Abagworo:

The problem is rooted in the pre-independence balkanization of the Ijaw speaking area in the Niger delta.They developed a kind of apathy for strangers

Is that so? Please educate me more. If you don't know, we have many links with many tribes and many intermarriages with many tribes. Per capita, we probably have the most intermarriages with Europeans sef. Apathy for strangers ke.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Abagworo(m): 7:45pm On Sep 24, 2008
Na wah for dis guy.Map map map!!.if landmass should be the basis for state creation,then 10 states should be created out of Sokoto.On a serious note state creation is no solution.I'm from here and I reside here.The problem is rooted in the pre-independence balkanization of the Ijaw speaking area in the Niger delta.They developed a kind of apathy for strangers and hence scare away investors.If the riverine people were hospitable enough oil companies would have preferred settling their high rank expatriates their because theres no residence as luxurious as sea side.
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by Abagworo(m): 7:58pm On Sep 24, 2008
I'm sorry but i would not like a Riverine-upland dichotomy.What I meant is that people are scared of buying land and settling in say Bayelsa,they would rather invest in Port Harcourt.Why?
Re: MEND Declares Ceasefire In Niger Delta by bawomolo(m): 11:13pm On Sep 24, 2008
The derivation money is going to asaba. not the oil producing area. Create a state there.

you want to divide the country, you also want to turn towns into states. what the f, is wrong with you??

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Comandclem To Liquidate Mobil Oil / mODIFIED / Ozubulu-Ihembosi-Ukpor Road Flag-Off: Soludo Promises More Dividends Under APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.