Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,021 members, 7,835,458 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:26 AM

Who Could This Northern Thief Be? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Who Could This Northern Thief Be? (2573 Views)

This Northern Secret Of Unity Gives We Easterners No Excuse. / This Northern Governor Is A Demon! / Difference Between This Northern Men ( Dangote & Shekau ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by auwal87(m): 2:49am On Sep 25, 2008
I believe your Pope is far more educated in Religion than you are, here is what he is saying;

In 1997, when the Pope was still Joseph Cardinal Ratzinger and beginning his seventeenth year as Prefect of the Congregation for the Doctrine of the Faith, otherwise known as the Holy Office, or the Inquisition, he told the German journalist Peter Seewald, “Islam has a total organization of life that is completely different from ours; it embraces simply everything. . . . One has to have a clear understanding that it is not simply a denomination that can be included in the free realm of pluralistic society.”
http://www.newyorker.com/reporting/2007/04/02/070402fa_fact_kramer
3rd Paragraph
The Pope and Islam
Is there anything that Benedict XVI would like to discuss?
by Jane Kramer
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by Queenisha1: 2:54am On Sep 25, 2008
he's not even my pope
My pope is on my bed nightly
try again wink

read your quoted statement again
The guy was dissing Islam not praising it grin

it is not simply a denomination that can be included in the free realm of pluralistic society.”
meaning
It belongs in the stone age lipsrsealed
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by auwal87(m): 2:57am On Sep 25, 2008
ahaaaa, catch u.
bye
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by auwal87(m): 3:05am On Sep 25, 2008
or, sorry, enjoy this video,

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/b9DYF87enAE[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/KIWZa-wqhq4[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/1hBmLJWyCVc[/flash]

[flash=425,344]http://www.youtube.com/watch/v/Rfx4glTU5JQ[/flash]
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by Jarus(m): 8:49am On Sep 25, 2008
Fact is, whether Kwara state is a sharia state or no sharia state, Kwara remains a northern nigeria states and there is no amount of twisting by anybody that can remove Kwara that position. The people of Kwara state are happy for their state to remain a northern state, they are happy to be northern people. Only some trouble making elements among them will want to lump Kwaran state into south west nigeria. I have never met a Kwara indigene that doesn't regard him or herself as a northerner. If majority of the people want to belong to northern nigeria, who are you to dispute their opinion? Visit Kwara govt. website and come back to tell us where they belong.-Quotastyle

Nobody is saying Kwara is not a Northern state. But at no time was Sharia introduced in the state, much as I personally want it introduced there. So not qualified t be called a Sharia state like Zamfara etc
Kwara is no doubt a Northern state, but populated by 75% Yorubas. I'm a Yoruba-Kwaran, but I'm more of southerner than Northerner; but of course,that doesn't take away the fact that I'm a Northerner.
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by abdurrazaq(m): 9:32am On Sep 25, 2008
Look at how this thread just turn to Religious issues. I don't know maybe some people feel happy when they find a way of degrading other people's faith. Why must the issue of corruption be linked to Islam/Sharia.
Do some people really know what Sharia means?

As for the stolen money, what happens to the 'recovered' funds from the Abacha loot? I guess that was also handled by a Northerner undecided
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by Queenisha1: 3:44pm On Sep 25, 2008
auwal87:

or, sorry, enjoy this video,
]

I'll pass.
Back to the northern thieves
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by DRANOEL(m): 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
why turn this to a religious war?

christians are not better than muslims and muslims are not better than christians,personally as a christian i think islam is a bit more disciplined than christianity
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by idupaul: 5:51pm On Sep 25, 2008
i am disappointed in queenisha, since when did religion or demography become the yardstick for the looting orgy happenin in nigeria. queenisha has spoken without sense.
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by DRANOEL(m): 5:56pm On Sep 25, 2008
its due to her hate of the north,she now acquints islam with north.sadly it has now shown that the northerners and muslims are far better than her
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by auwal87(m): 5:01am On Sep 26, 2008
DRANOEL:

why turn this to a religious war?

christians are not better than muslims and muslims are not better than christians,personally as a christian i think islam is a bit more disciplined than christianity

You are a Honest Person Brother.

By the Way, I hate the way she Quote NORTHERN, I will not quote SOUTHERN as she did, but I will just quote the story here.

This Governor stole only few millions, but this one Stole over 12.5 Billion OMG!!!

The Accountant General (AG) of Ondo State, Folake Ogunnika was arrested by operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), yesterday over moves by the State Government to pay N1 billion unsecured loan to political appointees in the state.

A source at the EFCC told Daily Trust, operatives of the commission were deployed to Ondo to arrest the AG.

“Some of our operatives have gone to pick her up from Ondo to Abuja where she will be detained and quizzed,” the source said.

Ogunnika’s arrest is connected to a petition forwarded to the EFCC hinting the anti-graft agency of plans by the Ondo State Governor, Olusegun Kokumo Agagu, to cart enormous money out of the state.

The EFCC Director of Media and Publicity, Mr Femi Babafemi, confirmed the arrest of Ogunnika also in a telephone interview with the News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) yesterday.

Babafemi said that huge amounts of money, running into billions of Naira, had been withdrawn from the state’s treasury through the office of the Accountant-General.

“This time around, Ogunnika has been arrested by the Commission. She is not on routine invitation.

“She is also being arrested by the Commission for various financial impropriety,” Babafemi said.

In his reaction, Mr Yemi Olowolabi, the Chief Press Secretary to Gov. Olusegun Agagu, said “there is no big deal in Ogunnika’s invitation by the EFCC because the commission is just doing its normal routine job’’.

According to him, when a petition is written against any public officer, the EFCC is obliged to invite such officer for questioning to know the veracity of the petitioner’s claims.

The Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) also received a similar petition by one Oladele Yusuf, requesting the Commission to embark on a pro-active measure by restraining the State Governor from paying the unsecured loan.

Following the verdict of the elections petition tribunal in Ondo in July which nullified the elections, Agagu took the case to the Appeal Court.

The petitioner insinuated that the State Government was concluding plans to siphon money from the state treasury before the judgement.

Agagu and some members of his cabinet are already being investigated by the EFCC and ICPC over cases of conspiracy, abuse of office and diversion of public funds for personal use.

Severally, some commissioners and permanent secretaries have been quizzed by the EFCC and ICPC operatives over alleged diversion of N12.5 billion from the state’s treasury into secret accounts.

EFCC’s Spokesperson, Femi Babafemi, confirmed the arrest of the Accountant General.
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by ikeyman00(m): 5:31am On Sep 26, 2008
auwal

when are those holiest mumu northern gona stone those hausa governors? hope that beard beard former zamfara state governor is listening

i[b]ts stoning time baby!!![/b]
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by auwal87(m): 5:38am On Sep 26, 2008
sorry, have no time for your Racists Discussion
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by ikeyman00(m): 4:18pm On Sep 26, 2008
and how is that racist? pppl like u and associates are praying and hoping nigeria break up? all ur zeal are geared up on breaking up, as if there isnt any way the country can stay togerther

u see  this superman u see here beleive in reality ok, got no time for fatancies and stuff. yes ur honourable  Zamfara state man came up with sharia rules, yes i dnt have a problem with that so long as the same man that made the rules didnt break the same rules.

now ur mumu-mumu vimpire hausa will continue with their stupid mentality whenever they are called upon but they forget to realise that same rules apply to those one parading themselves as a son of gods

now my question still remains when are they gona start stoning those northern governors that got £5 million houses in london and new york. hey dnt let them confuse u with good road net work in the north

And by way, u as a northern is being talking about north breaking away from nigeria, now beleive this or not the whole nigeria will be happy if the north will F**K off, they are dragging us backward, nobody is holding yall if u can be real with yourself just for a moment plsssss. so please stop fooling yourself with the pretence that the north is wanted. remember u claim u can do away with the crude oil, so hurry up and shut-up for good. the igbo dnt mind niger-delta control watever % they want, we are clever enough to develop our back yard!

so for how long will u continue fooling yourself!!! you time is running out
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by DeepZone: 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2008

By the Way, I hate the way she Quote NORTHERN, I will not quote SOUTHERN as she did, but I will just quote the story here.

This Governor stole only few millions, but this one Stole over 12.5 Billion OMG!!!
According to my bible, He who stole 1 naira is equivalent to he who stole $1B in the eyes of God. Indeed, there is no telling or comparison to what the Northerners have done to our national coffers. Enough is enough. When you guys have finished catching the Dikkos, abacha's, babangidas, abubakars, danjumas, you can come and we talk about honesty and transparency. gays.
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by kaboninc(m): 4:33pm On Sep 26, 2008
@ ikeyman00

Please u can keep ur thoughts to ur self. We are all nigerians with d same syndrome. Dat passion for stealing and looting and to say d truth, both d south and the north are the culprits.
Re: Who Could This Northern Thief Be? by ikeyman00(m): 4:42pm On Sep 26, 2008
yes i totally agree with u bro, however i think u might just be missing the point

(1) (2) (Reply)

Lagos State Local Government Election / Iyabo Obasanjo Wrestled Ogun State Governor Security Aide In The Church. / The Western Niger of Nigeria demand change goes on strike(Ijaw are from odua)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.