Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,167,307 members, 7,867,808 topics. Date: Saturday, 22 June 2024 at 02:03 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (184) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (504268 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:45pm On Jul 20, 2007
Jackal

Hmmmm!! You have started again oh!! cheesy cheesy

Anyway season is just 3 weeks away (besides i think you play the Russians early enough, so we can see the so called "Dreaded Striker force" in action)

You guys better grab your "Umbrellas! Ellas!! Ellas!! A!! A!!" Cause its going to be raining on all you scummies (starting with the Com Shield)

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Where is Huc, feel like kicking off the bets scenario (this time evidence needs to be shown to all and sundry grin of action taken if anyone of us loses the various bets grin grin)
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:47pm On Jul 20, 2007
SAF is waiting for Tevez's deal to go through before deciding on Smithy and Rossi.
I would have loved Rossi to stay. What a promising player?
Why is Fergie hanging on to Saha, Solskjaer and Smith? I really cannot work it out in me head.
Rossi is young and he has about 10 more years to give at top flight football so why sell him?

Ronaldo is relentless.
More tricks and flicks. Renewed confidence and a deadly partnership with Wazza.
How i wish u saw this match. United scored 3 goals in about 21 minutes and sealed the opponent's fate.
The combo Rooney and Ronaldo had reminds me of Shevchenko and Rebrov in the late 90s.
Please get this Premiership started . . . . . . . . . .It's about time we kick some asses in West London.
Something tells me the title is not coming back to London in the next 2 years.

@ Loyika,
Don't worry. Save ur breath.
Let FIFA deal with this Tevez case ASAP so i can really assess what we got at OT.
The only department i worry about is the plonker manning the posts . . . . . . .Edwin Van Der Sar.
Ben Foster's injury means we are barely covered in goal but the defence, midfield and attack are steaming like a styrofoam cup of hot cappuccino.
Write off United at ur own peril this time around.

What cha think?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 4:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
cool your jets Jackal, those korean boys were probably trying to copy Ronaldo's hairstyle or look at the brand of his boots to mark properly

when you play decent opposition on your level, then you can begin to rejoice. Seoul FC is hardly the toughest team you'll play

Wazza will score a few goals early on, but will dry up as usual, plenty activity but no end result.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:53pm On Jul 20, 2007
Debo please tell him

Is it not the same Wazza that has been playing in the league for like 4 - 5 years, or are we talking of a different shrek

Mancs wait until the season starts oh!! Stop climaxing over beating teams that are so proud to even be facing such players like Razza and Ronaldo grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:11pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ debosky,
Wazza will play few games and dry up, innit?
That is why we have enough cover in case Rooney needs a breather.
Saha, Smith, Rossi, Solskjaer, Tevez can all deputise for Wazza.
The same Rooney dried up last season and still managed to score 23 goals.
How many goals will he score if he just manages not to DRY up? I wld say 40.

Check this . . . . .
If Van Persie gets injured or gets nicked for Rape(as usual), who would cover for him?
Adebayor? Y'all are having a laugh.
Baptista? I'd rather have Yekini or Siasia.
Eduardo? Jury is out on him.
Walcott? Try Bala Ezekiel or Ideye.

@ Loyika,
What Rooney has done in 5 years has nothing to do with this.
Wazza will be full of Champions swagger . . . . . I am invincible so i can take 5 defenders and score.
Afterall, the Drogba we all condemned turned the screw tight and banged in a staggering 33 goals in one single season.
His previous goals record was so appalling, Lampard as a midfielder is better than Drogba.
Ronaldo also doubled his normal goal tally last season and who woulda predicted he would have gotten 17 league goals? I wldn't!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 5:13pm On Jul 20, 2007
Well, i feel the mancs are going to be at various cross roads next season

1, Fergie will have a selection nightmare, he has already bailed himself out by saying, he has informed all the players that no one will play all the games, but the quest remains; HOW DO YOU BALANCE ROTATING A WINNING TEAM!! Without losing consistency

2, Van has already said he is making too many mistakes, but he is one of the best Keepers out there, so no worries. What the issue will be, would have to do with your defence (esp with this in mind).

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/6900545.stm

If they are tip top, then it will rub off on the keeper (who ever it is).

3, Your early games against the Spuds tongue (since you feel they are STRONG ) and Chavs will determine a lot. So watch out for August 26th and Sept 23rd.

Basically, we can all have a better view of each team after 3-4 EPL games, all these Pre seaon friendlies are not really avenues for one to judge the "Real" strenght of a team.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 5:31pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ Loyiks the analyst,

All those talks are balderdash.
Ferguson having selection problems? Yea right.
Fergie will stick to his winning team like he did for most parts of the last season.
He dropped Heinze, Silvestre, Fletcher, JS Park, O'Shea etc and was quick to partner Rio and Vidic in the heart of the defence.
Ferguson wont be bullied into playing any fringe player unless any of the members of the 1st team gets injured.

Gary Neville even had to sit on the bench after he had a spat with Fergie during the Lille match.
That is what Ferguson is known for. No brand player is bigger than his team.
Stam, RVN, Beckham and Yorke will also testify to this. It's Fergie's way or the Motorway.
A lot of players would have learnt from this so i dont really see any problem in that aspect.
Man Utd aint Chelsea where the signings of Shevchenko and Ballack caused ruckus to the team spirit.
Mourinho was quick to say he didnt sign the players when it was obvious they were under-performing.
Ferguson signs his players without the interference of the Glazers so he is prepared to bear the brunt if shit hits the fan.

The only problem United have is we dont have a PROBLEM. Geddit?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 6:34pm On Jul 20, 2007
Jackal be careful o. . . grin why do you keep sayin wats on my mind?

Jus to add. . . United, like last season would be playin in 4 competitions. . .and we intend doin well and win all if possible. To achieve this, you'll need a relatively large squad so you wont tire out certain players. . So in that regard, united is safe. .
Infact we should get more players. A rite back and a keeper would do nicely.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 7:40pm On Jul 20, 2007
@ J-K

Please forgive me manners . . . . .
Great minds they say, think alike.
Thats why we support the same club, geddit?

Guess what . . . . . . . . .
I couldn't wait for the Premiership to kick-off so i made a simple experiment .
Got my PES 6 and i transfered TEVEZ from West Ham United to Man Utd.
Changed United's formation from the normal 4-4-2 to 4-3-3 and i had Ronaldo Tevez and Rooney upfront.
The midfield had Scholes, Owen and Carrick and the defence was Neville, Rio, Vidic and Evra.
Ohhhhh ma dayzzzz. . . . . . . . .The teams i used to wallop 3-0 before turned to 7-0.

So i played against Arsenal, Chelsea and Liverpool respectively.
Liverpool was despatched nicely with 6-0. (Tevez scored 4)
Chelsea was harder to beat but i still managed 5-2(before, it used to be 2-1, 3-2, 1-1)
Arsenal proved most difficult to beat but i still managed to whack 'em 1-0, 2-0  and 4-1 in 3 successive matches.
Tevez will def'ly blaze it at Man Utd if what i saw on PES 6 on PS2 is anything to go by. grin grin grin grin

Loyika, are u listening?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:41pm On Jul 20, 2007
lol. . Jackal. . I tried the exact same thing on Football Manager. I bought Nani, Anderson, Owen and Tevez. . and believe me Jackal I am currently on top of the League Table from my previous 2nd position. Great minds you say. . .

Lets jus wrap up the transfer season and start the League in earnest. Cant wait. . .

PROUDLY UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2007
PES??

Well i'll try the same thing with FIFA '07 tonite and see what happens wink

I can't wait either, enough of these permutations, let the real footie begin!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 8:45pm On Jul 20, 2007
Pls do debosky and give us the reports. .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 10:34pm On Jul 20, 2007
hey self-service united how are y'all doing? here's some stuff you guys will enjoy grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PXdqq9skLAg

happy viewing grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by toshmann(m): 10:49pm On Jul 20, 2007
man utd is finished grin

the end has come at last cool

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 12:16am On Jul 21, 2007
Why una kon de beef my club like dis?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 12:54pm On Jul 21, 2007
Jackal and JK

Since you all feel "Shit is sweet!!" then no probs. undecided

Lets all wait till the season starts, You guys are starting off as Champions, so the pressure is on from the get go!! like always; the season will be one of NO EXCUSES!!

Everyone should let the footie do the talking (to bad your game consoles are malfunctioning tongue, i am sure Debo's own will work properly grin)

All this Scum will do this and do that , we have been here before, and it took till the penultimate game to decide sh@t!! So lets all keep our[b] DICKS IN OUR PANTS TILL THE SEASON STARTS!![/b]

I trully believe this will be one of the best seasons for a long time (with every team gaining in strenght and experience, especially with the influx of some good foreign players across all clubs).

SHOULD BE A BALL cool

August 11th here we come cool cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 1:14pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ Loyika,

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
I just know u are going to say my game console is mal-functioning.
Arsenal also looks good with Van Persie pairing with Eduardo but the new signing is not rated at all.
He missed a sitter in my 6-yard box and it was so funny. grin
Be honest with me . . . . . . .u are kinda jealous, innit?

Anyways, back to other issues.
I think Quentin Tarantino should be banned from making movies.
That dude is so sick its not true . . . . . . . . . .Have u seen HOSTEL 2?
Gossssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssh . . . . . That movie must be the sickest movie ever made.
How it passed the censors board leaves me in disbelief.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 1:44pm On Jul 21, 2007
Well don't blame Tarantino for Hostel 2, blame Eli Roth tongue. Tarantino just meets these guys and buys into their ideas, just like the Weinstein brothers used to do, before they lost the plot and went comercial tongue

Have you seen the new collabo with his bosom buddy Rob Rodriguez, "GRIND HOUSE!!" the film is sick cool

Hostel 2 is just overkill after others like Turtiras and Captivity, the whole stuff was boring to me tongue. Watch Grindhouse, far more classic Tarantino, like Resovoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction were (even Kill Bill became boring in part 2)

Anyway, i doubt Hostel 2 will do anything at the box office, will be a case of de ja vu. Heard Transformers was cool, need to see that cool

And least i forget!! Send your console back to the manufacturers for repairs grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 2:59pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ Loyikx,

We all know whenever Rodriguez and Tarantino come together they produce GORE.
Their childhood must have been shyte to actually produce this kinda movies.
Remember Dusk till Dawn and SIN CITY? They are twisted men suffering from MID-LIFE CRISIS.

I love HOSTEL 2 cos it kinda started where the 1st part ended.
Not much blood like the 1st one but it got cheeky.
There was a part a lass yanked off a guy's penis and gave a German Shepherd dog to munch . . . . . . . .Eeeeeeeew.
Bloody hell. . .  . . . .Thats syk.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 3:26pm On Jul 21, 2007
Aah Jackal. . Didn't know you know stuff bout movies o. Why dont i see you at the Tv/Movies section. ? anyway, Taratino is not that bad. I really liked Hellboy. Helluva funny movie. Am not really his fan though.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:35pm On Jul 21, 2007
Movies?

I am the movie man.
I know everything about movies but whats the point in going to the movies section when Chief Loyiks is right here.
Meanwhile, what's up with ur football manager stuffs? Are u still on top of the league?
Cant really wait for FIFA 08 to come out in august so i can try ma hands on it.
The premiership is taking too long . . . . I wish shyte can start 2day. shocked
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 3:37pm On Jul 21, 2007
Yeah i feel you cool at least its damn better than watching these "Sissy!!" Harry Potter movies tongue tongue

But From Dusk till Dawn was the Sh,  grin

Salma Hayek: Welcome to Hell.
George Clooney: Sorry, i am already married/have a wife.

(Can't remember the exact quotes, need to go and watch the film again grin 2 and 3 were crap though tongue tongue)

But my best Tarantino lines are from Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction

PULP FICTION

Eric Stolz: Hey! can i introduce you to trudy
John travolta: Whose Trudy, the one with all that sh@t on her face?
Eric Stolz: No thats Judy! MY WIFE!!

Reservoir Dogs

Lawrence Tierney: And your mr. Pink
Steve Buscemi: Hey! why am i Mr. Pink
Lawrence Tierney: Cause you're a gay alright!

Steve Buscemi: You kill anybody?
Harvey Keitel: A few cops.
Steve Buscemi: No real people?
Harvey Keitel: Just cops.

bleeping CLASSICS grin grin

@ JK

Your game should be re named, Football (Unserious) Manager grin you shouldn't have spilled your "Golden Morn" cereal on it, now look how it responds to games cry Like i said, Debo's console should give us the real deal on how the season should finish grin grin

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:47pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ Loyiks,

Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction are classics.
Those are ma kind of movies but i think Reservoir Dogs is buff.
Tarantino himself acted in this movie known as Mr. Brown and the way they all blasted 'emselves in the end makes it so surreal.
Its a classic.

Harry Potter? Over moi frozen body.
I am done watching and praising wizardry on celluloids. The triology of Lords of the Ring was the bus terminal for me.
Bourne Ultimatum is also out and i shld be watching that in few hours.
Damn. . . . . . The whole place is just boring, no footie actions at all and the Emirates cup seems to be taking 4ever.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:00pm On Jul 21, 2007
Then Loyiks too should join the tv/movies section.

Wat? Jackal,. . Did i just hear you discredit Harry Potter OMG. Harry Potter is the best thing that happened to the entertainment industry. The movies mite not be that top notch (no thanks to David Yates) but the idea is grand.
Care to know. . Am the no 1 Harry Potter fan alive! lol. Read all the books printed till date and seen all the movies done till date. .

We obviously cant trust debosky's report. He prolly got his console at an arsenal store!. lol
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 4:06pm On Jul 21, 2007
Did i hear sm1 say smthng like "selection problems"? 4 whom. . . SAF?
N**** pls, we're talkin d best manager of men dat EPL's ever heard. . . Give him boularouhz, by d end of nxt season, he'll be worth 20mill!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 4:09pm On Jul 21, 2007
Emirate Cup undecided

Hmm oh well beats doing nothing i guess, The trophy looks like one Arab  tongue and whats with the Arabic inscriptions on the back (let me shut up here, before some fundermentalist issue a Fatwa on me like Salman Rushdie)

Oh well the footie should be ok, but nothing beats real competition to me cool

AUGUST 11TH HERE WE COME cool

@ JK

You love Harry Potter shocked

I told you? You are eating too much Golden Morn. grin

You dey craze oh!! grin grin Debo so your Console is "One sided" cheesy cheesy

@ Ruudie

Veron, Kleberson, Forlan, Tahibi e.t.c. (Jackal and JK don't you dare comment on this grin)

Hissing loudly!!

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 4:44pm On Jul 21, 2007
@ Loyika,

Why are u doing this?
Stop aiming punches below our belly. grin
Veron wasn't a disappointment. He never really stayed to realise his potentials at Man Utd.
What would have happened if Drogba had left Chelsea in the 2nd season? We wld never have known he cld score 33 goals for Chelski.
Anyways, that was yesterday . . . . . .Lets discuss today n tomorrow. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 5:01pm On Jul 21, 2007
Only one player I can say that flopped at United. . . Roll the drums for Eric Djemba Djemba. That guy is jus rubbish. Cant still figure out why Fergie bought him in the first place. Newayz lets talk somethin else.

Loyiks.
You still waitin for debo's reports? It mite not come cos his console doesn't have the Man Utd team. Its arsenal custom made! lol. Special package jus for gunners so they can think they are the best. lol.
Pls dont disrespect Harry Potter o. He's da bomb! lol.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 6:35pm On Jul 21, 2007
Wetin dey happen for camp?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinwunmi(m): 8:01pm On Jul 21, 2007
what camp?

why r u guyz spoiling the show na****sorry i 4got its not August 11

people where is Chelski gonna be this season****when players like F.Torres dey Liverfool n Man U is red hot wiv cool players

Ass-anal undecided undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 8:34pm On Jul 21, 2007
I mean Manchester United Camp

Chelsea is going down
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 9ja4eva: 8:23am On Jul 22, 2007
Some preseaon pictures

(1) (2) (3) ... (181) (182) (183) (184) (185) (186) (187) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.