Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,193 members, 7,839,061 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 01:09 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (500616 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 2:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
Listen my friend, stop deceiving yourself. If this issue drags on for much longer, Kia would sell the player to another club outside England.
Last I checked, The English FA does not control other FAs. grin

Or better still, the guy would go back to Corinthians where he came from.

And for your information, let me state this clearly again. Taking the issue to CAS would make the issue drag for months. If you knew anything about sports, you'll know that.

And finally, Fifa did not 'order' the issue to go to CAS, it only 'recommended'. The parties have to agree on this.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 3:01pm On Jul 24, 2007
By the way, instead of spending so much money on buying attackers, why don't you guys stop being gluttons and spend some money on your back line to stop the goals from going into your own net? You have plenty of goal scoring options in hand as it is.
Your defence is your weakest point right now. I'm sure Sir gay of all people should know that.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:13pm On Jul 24, 2007
Keep ranting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
United's defence is better than Chelsea's(The PFA team of last season proved this).
Every Man Utd defender made the PFA team. Where was Chelsea's?
Even the Terrys, Carvalhos and the Ferreiras all voted for Man Utd's defence as the best in the land if everyone remains FIT.
Every United defender scored goals last season except Gary Neville. Can u say the same about Chelsea? Nah.
We don't have any problem in the defence line.
O'Shea, Neville, Brown, Rio, Vidic, Silvestre, Evra, Heinze and the youngsters are capable of shoring things up at the back.

The attack line is where United is deficient after selling Ruud Van Nistelrooy 2 seasons ago.
He needs to be replaced and fast.
The attack is the only department United didnt have a candidate in the PFA and thats bad news with United's standard.
We have always had the best strikers since the start of the Premiership so dont blame Ferguson for trying to sign Tevez.
Fergie just wanna make sure the title remains in Manchester.
The Boss holds the 4 aces on this one. United want Tevez and must sign Tevez.
Tevez is worth evey penny of the 30 million quid. He was average last season cos he played for a mediocre team.
Ferguson will make him good and he will deliver once he starts playing with smoking aces like Ronaldo+Rooney+Scholes+Nani. grin
U can never have enough players. U dont believe me? Ask AC Milan/Inter Milan or even Real Madrid. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 3:17pm On Jul 24, 2007
Keep Ranting!!!!!

The most important fact here is that Tevez won't be wearing a manscum shirt on the 31st of August! tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 3:31pm On Jul 24, 2007
Stake ur boobs on it!!!!!!!!!
Tevez will wear the number 8 shirt for MAN UTD come next season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 3:40pm On Jul 24, 2007
In your wet dreams baby. . . tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 3:43pm On Jul 24, 2007
Razorr,
first point i'm g'onna make here is, tevez can't play 4 west ham anymo'. . .
He's kj's now.
Its not west ham or kj, its d fa - watched closely by sheff. utd dats creatin d ruckus.
UTD don't have 2 battle anybody, west ham are only in dis issue as a front 4 fa. . . UTD get their man any which way!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by kitaun(m): 6:58pm On Jul 24, 2007
WHY ALL THIS TEVEZ NOISE SEF embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 8:52pm On Jul 24, 2007
THE Carlos Tevez affair took a dramatic double twist today.

FIFA firstly recommended the row over the Argentinian's transfer from West Ham to Manchester United be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

But businessman Kia Joorabchian, who claims he owns Tevez's economic rights and is therefore entitled to a transfer fee, took the matter into his own hands later on by starting High Court proceedings against West Ham over their refusal to sell the player.

A writ was served this afternoon on the club’s solicitors by lawyers acting on behalf of Joorabchian’s companies MSI and Just Sports Inc.

Solicitor Graham Shear of lawyers Teacher Stern Selby said in a statement: “I can confirm the companies (MSI and Just Sports Inc) have today begun High Court proceedings against West Ham.

“This afternoon a High Court writ was served on the football club’s solicitors.

“The companies seek the court’s intervention to compel West Ham to release the registration of Carlos Tevez in accordance with contracts entered into between the parties.

“We are asking the court to intervene so that Carlos Tevez can be registered to play with Manchester United as soon as possible.”

Football's world governing body were earlier called in to clarify whether West Ham should receive a transfer fee for Tevez, 23, as stipulated by the Premier League.

FIFA spokesman Andreas Herren said: "The recommendation from FIFA to the FA and the Premier League is to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport."

FIFA came to their decision following a high level meeting with FA and Premier League officials in Zurich yesterday.

Their legal team considered the case overnight before recommending the Court of Arbitration for Sport rule on the matter.

Herren said: "Under the circumstances it was felt it would be in the best interest of all parties to take this course.

"It looks like being the fastest way of resolving this matter.

"It is not a refusal by FIFA to get involved, quite the contrary. It is a recommendation by FIFA to opt for this way."

FIFA's senior legal counsel has been in touch with the Football Association and the Premier League to advise them of their decision.

The recommendation to go to the Court of Arbitration for Sport applies to West Ham and Tevez but not Manchester United, who are not regarded as directly involved in the dispute.

The Premier League welcomed FIFA's decision.

A Premier League spokesman said: "The Premier League and FA are grateful to FIFA for considering this issue. We are supportive of the recommendation that if all parties are in agreement the matter should be referred to the Court of Arbitration for Sport."

A West Ham statement added: "We're happy for the matter to go to CAS if it is with the agreement of all parties."
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 24, 2007
After watching some of the preseason games, I change my mind because I cannot see Rooney leading our attack successfully for a full season. Maybe we do need Huntelaar or a big marksman atleast even more than we need Tevez and his troubles.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:04pm On Jul 24, 2007
Haaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Now y'all guys are now seeing what i was saying 3 weeks ago.
United needs a RUUD, Berbatov or Huntelaar.
We are incomplete without someone playing that role. A target man.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 9:32am On Jul 25, 2007
Chief executive David Gill says he is confident Carlos Tevez will be free to join Manchester United before the transfer deadline.

The Tevez saga took a couple of new twists on Tuesday when Tevez's agent Kia Joorabchian issued High Court proceedings against West Ham in a bid to resolve the the player's ownership.

Joorabchian revealed he would take the case to the High Court just hours after Fifa recommended the issue to be sent to the Court of Arbitration for Sport.

But despite the ongoing wrangling Gill believes the whole issue will be resolved before 31st August and the 23-year-old will be a United player.

"I have not been involved in this and it is not Manchester United's decision," said Gill.

"Clearly, it is a dispute between Tevez, the owners and West Ham.

"Hopefully, that can be solved relatively quickly and he can come to join us. I would have thought they have taken this decision in the belief that he can join us."

http://msnsport.skysports.com/list.aspx?hlid=478568&CPID=8&clid=1&lid=4161&title=Gill+confident+over+Tevez

Meanwhile CAS has said that it will strive to resolve the issue of Tevez's ownership b'4 the transfer window closes if the matter is brought to it. . . . . BBC Sports Round-up
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by loyika(m): 10:03am On Jul 25, 2007
RuuDie

You scummies are just doing what you do best (ruining the atmosphere before the season even starts)

Like i asked before; Do you guys "REALLY" need Tevez, and each time i come to the same conclusion; NO!! (I can also say that you guys might eventually end up regreting this deal, not in terms of Tevez's playing skills or contribution, but in terms of the so called "Loan Deal with an option to buy" that you all want to sign with KJ).

United are just yanking everyones chain, yet you refuse Heinze's desired move because its to a rival (even Chelsea and Arsenal came to a deal on Cole and Gallas).

You might eventually get Tevez, but United's approach to doing transfer deals, leaves much to be desired tongue tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:22am On Jul 25, 2007
Someone should tell Manure to be smart and get another striker.

You won't get Tevez before the transfer window closes. I repeat - YOU WON'T GET TEVEZ BEFORE THE TRANSFER WINDOW CLOSES! cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2007
@ Loyika,

L'pool got Mascherano with that same catch phrase and nobody said jack. . . . besides we don't intend to get Tevez on loan - what do you think the 30mill that's been dangling about is 4. . . bribe?

whether we need him or not is nobody but SAF's and the UTD board's biz. . . . JM got Sidwell 4 an already congested midfield, RB's been buying playas like okirika at Yaba railway and has a squad that's almost nearing 60 now, he still wants to buy Heinze when he's got Riise, Aurelius and God-knows-who else, Wenger's gotten Gardeners daughter eduardo still wants Palacio and one of the Argentine U-21 forwards. . . . so whats the fuss about UTD and Tevez  from y'all non-UTD supporters
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:31am On Jul 25, 2007
Jackal seems to be confused about Kia's fresh lawsuit.

Let me make somethings clear here: -

Whether 3rd party deals are legal or illegal is immaterial to this law suit. This suit is about who owns the rights to Tevez which will hinge on whether or not Kia and Ham mutually nullified their agreement thus giving Tevez's full rights to Ham.

If the court says the agreement was mutually nullified and Tevez belongs to Ham, then this opens the door to why did Manure try to buy him from Kia? Kia will almost certainly be barred from doing business in the Prem if he was trying to sell a player he did not own. Manure could be guilty of tapping up - though seeming innocent because they were given false info from the player's agent.

If the court rules that the Kia/Ham agreement was not mutually nullified and that Tevez belongs to Kia, then Ham lied to the PREM and Kia would almost certainly be guilty of collusion for his failure to speak up when this issue came up last year. Though I am not sure the PREM ever petitioned him for proof - just Ham.

If this happens then everyone, especially West Ham is in for a world of hurt. They will lose Teves, the Prem will fine them and dock points, Blades will get a huge payout in their lawsuit against Ham, KIA will be penalized and restricted from doing business in the Prem and Tevez will be without a club. Most certainly he will end up in Spain or Italy as a result.

Everything hinges on this ruling. Even if Ham own him, they will almost certainly refuse to deal - though Tevez could refuse to play and seek arbitration.

If they rule Kia owns Tevez, I could see Ham further tieing this up in court along with an FA and PREM investigation and sanctions against Kia that would prevent any transfer from happening.

Either way, I do not see Manure getting Tevez before the 31st of August.

You guys should move on and get yourselves another striker (if you need one anyway).  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 10:37am On Jul 25, 2007
@RAazorr,

You're trying ur darnest to paint KJ black abi ? the dude has got no faults anywhich way the ruling from whoever goes - its the FA and West Ham that are tryna save their hairy hides. . . . u broke it down well 'nuff, but since u're biased u're only g'onna try 2 see the best case scenerios 4 ur clubs benefit. . . sorry darl, no dice wink

You can just see the fear in Razorr - don't worry honey. . . . the fact that Tevez will play 4UTD don't make 'em awfully invincible; nah, it don't. . . . they'd still be beatable grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 10:40am On Jul 25, 2007
@ Loyika,

Why blame UNITED? The Tevez saga had nothing to do with Man Utd.
Arsenal and Chelsea would have had the same problems if they had bidded for Tevez. The FA and West Ham are in a big cover-up that might explode before our eyes soonest.
Fergie wants to sign Carlos because SAHA is very unreliable and RUUD's not been replaced.
Don't blame Man Utd for spoilin' emselves a little.

Gabriel Heinze's alleged move to Liverpool is an abomination.
C'mon, Liverpool is Man Utd's biggest rival.
Forget United's rivalry with Arsenal and Chelsea . . . . . .these rivalries are manager-made.
Traditionally, Liverpool is United's biggest enemies so Rafa Benitez and Gabby Heinze should take history lessons before dreaming of a move from United to Liverpool.
United WILL NEVER sell to Liverpool, Arsenal or Chelsea.
Man Utd is now privately-owned business, there's no pressure to sell before a contract ends so United will rather let Heinze's contracts run out before they sell him to any club. If there's any offer from overseas, United might consider but forget Heinze going to any of the top 4 clubs in England.

@ Razorr,
You are spewing shit, bollocks and balderdash welded together.
If Javier Mascherano's move to Liverpool is legal and binding, then there shouldn't be any problem with Tevez's deal.
The same clause that covered Mascherano should be covering Carlos Tevez so West Ham will definitely lose at the High Court.
Why would the FA punish KIA? Since when did Agents become fugitives in England? The problem here is who owns the economic rights, not the players registration
The economic rights is who gets paid what when the player moves to another club? KIA owns that right and i am sure that will be cleared pretty soon.

Man Utd could be guilty of tapping up? Yea right grin. George Bush could be guilty of WAR CRIMES against Humanity in IRAQ. wink
Definitely, according to you, Liverpool is also guilty of tapping up.
Lemme simply say if the court decides West Ham have no economic rights of Tevez, the issue will end there and disappears.
They cannot be fined or points-docked again as u cannot prosecute a body TWICE on the same charge. Any law student will tell u that.
West Ham was fined 5 million pounds on this Tevez issue once and i doubt they can be fined again on the same allegation.

You even said Tevez will be without a club if West Ham gets punished? Thats the joke of the century.
Tevez will be a free agent if West Ham gets punished and that means he can join United anytime in the year without being restricted to the transfer window.
Either way, Tevez will join Man Utd. West Ham will sell if they own him. KIA will sell if he owns him.
West Ham have not said they are not selling Tevez to United. The issue is where the money goes and once the court has reached a decision, United pays to the appropriate party and everyone is happy as larry. tongue

Hey lass, You need to go and brush up your legal instincts. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 10:46am On Jul 25, 2007
RuuDie:

@RAazorr,

You're trying your darnest to paint KJ black abi ? the dude has got no faults anywhich way the ruling from whoever goes - its the FA and West Ham that are trying to save their hairy hides. . . . u broke it down well 'nuff, but since u're biased u're only g'onna try 2 see the best case scenerios 4 your clubs benefit. . . sorry darl, no dice wink

You can just see the fear in Razorr - don't worry honey. . . . the fact that Tevez will play 4UTD don't make 'em awfully invincible; nah, it don't. . . . they'd still be beatable grin

Ruudie! Let me make this very clear: -

[size=13pt]I hate scum![/size]  angry angry

The only reason why I'm following this saga closely is because it is getting out of hand and it's providing the only entertainment for now in this off season.

Personally, I don't give a hoot about Tevez. Please go through my previous posts, since I joined this forum - Have I ever mentioned Tevez's name as a player I feared? I don't think so. I think he is an over-rated player(albeit good).

My greatest joy would be to see manscum fined for breaking PREM rules at the end of this saga.

Let me put it this way: -

The more misery I see you guys in, the happier I get. That's how much I hate you. Geddit? tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 11:06am On Jul 25, 2007
Razorr,

we haven't broken any rules. . . . . gedit tongue

since Chelski cannot give u this much entertainment; why don't just sit back, SHUT UR TRAP & enjoy the show and quit whining. . . . when did it become a criteria that your personal feared playa should be everybody elses' and somebody worth attention pl's!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:11am On Jul 25, 2007
Oh my God!   grin   grin   grin   grin

Rude boy, did someone stick cotton wool in your medulla oblongata?

How many times do I have to tell you that I don't give a hoot about Tevez.

I was initially complaining, when this whole saga started, that there was too much noise about it. I couldn't pick up a paper without seeing one Tevez story or another. Tevez this. . . Tevez that. .  angry

Anyway, since you guys have insisted on shoving this stories in my face, I have taken it upon myself to enjoy the show!

Personally, I think Tevez is just an average player. Over-hyped!

Damn, I wouldn't even want him to play in my team. The guy is too ugly.
He and Rooney would be competing for the Mr. Wowo Manure crown!  grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:13am On Jul 25, 2007
Ohhhhh Ma Days . . . . . . .Its confession time.

I hate the BLUES.
They are the most digusting, two-faced bastard club in the whole country and the facts speak for itself.
Chelsea's administrations reeks of filth and corruption and it flows from the head to the players on the pitch and its slowly infecting the fans, especially the monkey-ass on this thread. tongue

When would u blue-blooded zombies realise there's a power shift?
United are the champions so stop hating. You need to go and put your house in order and see the way things are done @ Man Utd.
We don't have 4 managers like u've got. Roman, Kenyon, Frank and Jose.
Maybe this is the reason why Gallas said u got no class and he was proved right.

U dont give a hoot about Tevez? Yea right.
Razorr has contributed more than 500 comments on this Tevez issue alone and she doesnt give a hoot. She will def'ly crash Nairaland with comments if she does give a hoot. What a Arrow!!!!!!!!!!
So Tevez and Rooney are ugly? I am having a laugh. Claude Makelele and Geremi are hot, innit?
Wht about Drogba who still perms his hair in this day and age? Or the scruffy-looking and unkempt Michael Essien?

Man Utd cannot be fined. We are not Chelski who went all the way to tap Ashley Cole in a cheap hotel.
Kenyon could as well have met him in Wenger's garden to do the tapping up. How sick is that?
Man Utd don't get caught and thats the difference between being SMART and being a DUD like y'all CHELSKITES.
Take a breather . . . . . . Christmas is over.
You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know the fall of the roman empire is here. Take a look at your summer signings. grin
Bleep CHELSEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:17am On Jul 25, 2007
I HATE SCUM UNITED!!

I HATE MANSCUM!!

SCUM FANS!!

SCUM TEAM!!

SCUM PLAYERS!!

SCUM MANAGER!!

SCUMOFOLDTRAFFORD!!

SCUM SCUM SCUM!!

F*UCK SCUM!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:19am On Jul 25, 2007
Hoi Hoi,

U forgot to add . . . . . . . .SCUM CHAMPIONS.!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:23am On Jul 25, 2007
Gay Scum!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:24am On Jul 25, 2007
Shit Scum!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:26am On Jul 25, 2007
Bu HAAA HAAA HAAA!!!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 11:27am On Jul 25, 2007
@ Razorr,

grin grin grin

b'cos i dey look from commentary position no mean sey me sef no sabi play FREE KICK wellu wellu!

no be today pple start hate us so ur own beef no change nada  tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:32am On Jul 25, 2007
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin 
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin 
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin  grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 11:39am On Jul 25, 2007
grin grin grin Razorr u dey craze oh!

shebi ur boyfriend P.I. don pursue u comot 4rm Romance; e don reach time wey dem go ban u 4rm dis sport section too . . . . grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Razorr(f): 11:41am On Jul 25, 2007
Rude boy, who is P.I.?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Jackal(m): 11:44am On Jul 25, 2007
THE BOYS THAT WILL RULE THE PREMIERSHIP.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.