Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,991 members, 7,838,507 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 12:24 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (525) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (500591 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 6:09pm On Mar 20, 2008
RIO INJURED?
[b]Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that his reshuffled defence against Bolton was a pre-emptive experiment in case Rio Ferdinand misses Sunday's clash with Liverpool.

The England defender continues to carry a slight back injury and, with the Merseysiders' visit to Old Trafford looming large, Sir Alex opted to rest Patrice Evra and Wes Brown, fielding a defence of Owen Hargreaves, Nemanja Vidic, Gerard Pique and John O'Shea against Gary Megson's side.

"We made a lot of changes and I think that was necessary because, with Rio Ferdinand doubtful for Sunday, we had to find out about young Gerard Pique," Sir Alex told MUTV after the 2-0 win.

"We’ve got great confidence in the lad and he’s come through very well. That was important. We also wanted to rest Wes Brown in case Rio doesn’t make it, then we’ve got the alternative of playing Wes at centre-back – that’s a decision we’ll have to make.

"We tried Owen Hargreaves at right-back, and we can play John O’Shea there on Sunday and bring Patrice Evra in. It’s important to do these things tonight, simply because of Rio’s injury."[/b]

Gosh! I didn't know Rio was injured.Wondered why he wasn't on the pitch yesterday. sad
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:13pm On Mar 20, 2008
@ Cassiel,

Lemme tell u the TRUTH . . .
Arsenal won in 2003/04 because the FA bleeped Man Utd up with Ferdinand's 8-month ban.
As at the time Ferdinand was slapped the ban. . . United were on top of the table with 3 points.
David Dein got FIFA involved and they made sure Rio got slapped with 8 months. . . It was CATASTROPHIC for Man Utd but we have moved ON!!

Wenger wanted a new generation of good players(there's nuthing wrong with that).
The only mistake he made was chasing the old guards away from Arsenal. . .
Players like PIRES, LJUNBERG and LAUREN could have added stability to that team if they were still there.
You have to see how Giggsy and Scholes tutor our young players. . . Young players need a role model.
Unfortunately for the GAYnners, their only role model(Billy the Kid) is an asshole, he rejected em psychologically at St Andrews. tongue tongue

Rio injured? Lets just hope Fergie is playing dice with Rafa.
We need a Rio-Vida combo to stifle EL-NINO.
United need a good back-line to launch an attack against the Scousers. . . .
I am confident Rio will play. . . . He is suffering from back pains but that should be aiiiight.
Brown, Rio, Vida and Evra in the backline with KITKAT/Foster in goal.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by codedguy1(m): 6:17pm On Mar 20, 2008
Cassiel:

RIO INJURED?
[b]Sir Alex Ferguson has revealed that his reshuffled defence against Bolton was a pre-emptive experiment in case Rio Ferdinand misses Sunday's clash with Liverpool.

The England defender continues to carry a slight back injury and, with the Merseysiders' visit to Old Trafford looming large, Sir Alex opted to rest Patrice Evra and Wes Brown, fielding a defence of Owen Hargreaves, Nemanja Vidic, Gerard Pique and John O'Shea against Gary Megson's side.

"We made a lot of changes and I think that was necessary because, with Rio Ferdinand doubtful for Sunday, we had to find out about young Gerard Pique," Sir Alex told MUTV after the 2-0 win.

"We’ve got great confidence in the lad and he’s come through very well. That was important. We also wanted to rest Wes Brown in case Rio doesn’t make it, then we’ve got the alternative of playing Wes at centre-back – that’s a decision we’ll have to make.

"We tried Owen Hargreaves at right-back, and we can play John O’Shea there on Sunday and bring Patrice Evra in. It’s important to do these things tonight, simply because of Rio’s injury."[/b]

Gosh! I didn't know Rio was injured.Wondered why he wasn't on the pitch yesterday. sad

Is Rio is really Injured!!!!!!!!!! I think FERGIE just wanted to rest him and tinker with the team a bit.

This is called strenght-in depth and planning ahead. something a certain Wengay knows nothing of. tongue tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 6:26pm On Mar 20, 2008
Hmm. It would be interesting if Fergie turned out to be that cunning. wink But really,we need Rio.I hope he's ok.
As coded guy said,Liverpool is our 'wife' grin grin, and i so admire Torres and Gerrard,but for sunday,all that admiration's gonna be well-contained.Somebody needs to clamp Torres.And yes,i am worried grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:29pm On Mar 20, 2008
The game between Chelsea and Arsenal is best if it ends in a draw. Chelsea is back hunting and a win for them at SB will mean thunderstorm and fire falling from heaven when we visit SB.
another draw for Arsenal will be a record breaking one grin grin grin 5 draws in a stretch. have they done that before? i dont have an idea

RIO injured?
i think he will be fit cos he surely knows how to get the vital goals against the scoucers. I pray he gets fit cos the partnership between himself and Vidic will be needed to keep Torres in check.

Pool will be drowned in their own Pool. That boi Ronaldo will be too hot to handle
i cant wait for that game.

@Jackal
yeah, i can remember, the moment Rio was banned, our season took a nosedive, i tot we were not gonna survive. Can u remember how many points we were leading before they banned him? was it 8 points? cant remember. but i know if not for the ban, we would have won that championship easily
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 8:15pm On Mar 20, 2008
Arsenal FC will not sack Arsene self-servicer because he makes money for the management.
He buys cheap players and thus they tend to become cheap quality after a while.
United spent 60 million quid on a team that won the Premiership. . . . .Arsenal spent ZILCH on a team that finished 4th.
Shouldn't it have been the other way round especially with the departure of Henry?

How can a selling club be a big club? The Big clubs dont mind the price tag they buy big. Only an Ass-anal would depend on money made from players sales for survival.

Liverpool is more of a threat in EPL than Ass anal Presently Arsenal wont win even if the opponent does not show up.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 4:51pm On Mar 21, 2008
@ Dayokanu,

You are 100% correct about Arsenal being a selling club.
I mentioned something about it some few months ago and most of their fans wanted me head. . .
However, they are still better than Bayern Munich. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Do u really think Bayern will finish in the top 4 if they play in the EPL?
Ma spider senses think they will finish slightly above Bolton. shocked shocked shocked grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 9:26pm On Mar 21, 2008
C'MON UNITED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just hope me boys can make me proud on sunday.
HOLY TRINITY. . . . . . . . . Where ya guns @?

THE KILLA SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 9:31pm On Mar 21, 2008
@Chakal

If Arsenal beat Chelsea on Sunday and Liverpool overcome United nko?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 9:37pm On Mar 21, 2008
@ Akolawole,

What are u talking about here?
Arsenal to defeat Chelsea at Stamford Bridge? John Terry will DIE on the pitch.
This is more than a football game. . . . This is WAR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

United Vs Liverpool is more predictable.
Rafa's boys will FREEZE at Old Trafford.
U will need a telescope to find Torres on the day as he will be kept in Rio's pocket like it happened @ Anfield in december.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by teemoe(m): 10:18pm On Mar 21, 2008
, in which universe
As a united fan i have to say the one thing i respect the blues for is their tenacity especially in ensuring that they dont lose at home
yeah i no gaynners are feeling like record breakers now( cuz of their win @ san siro against dissapointing milan), i will like to say that the only thing i suspect will be broken is fabregas ankle or even his whole leg grin grin grin

as for LIVERLESS LIVERPOOL grin grin, never believe the hype
they screamed and shouted more than this before the game at emirates  and what happened
, Torres perfomed his disappearing act trick

, LIVERPOOL WILL FALL, CONFIRMED

ONE UNITED
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 12:21am On Mar 22, 2008
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand is set to miss out again with a back injury but keeper Edwin Van der Sar could return after a back injury.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_prem/7298257.stm

I hope this is just mis-information from Old Trafford because Rio is going to be a big loss.Good thing Vidic wasn't seriously injured from that elbow on the nose.A defence pairing of O'Sh*t and Brown will be enough to induce hypertension.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by danity: 12:54am On Mar 22, 2008
Nooooo - Rio can't leave us now. cry cry cry cry
I think he's proved himself this season beyond our idea of his capability. I want him back in the team so bad.
I hope he recovers quickly
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 2:10pm On Mar 22, 2008
As Mr Grant tackles Fergie & Co

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2267386,00.html

Is it the time of mind games?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 2:24pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ Akolawole,

Avram Grant is a Zionist.
He won't be trading words with Ferguson or any manager like Jose Mourinho.
Grant is a perfect gentleman. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nazzyon(m): 5:59pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ Chacal

You won't believe this Newcastle United Won today's
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 6:05pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ Nazzyon,

The victory had to come one day.
2 good goals from Viduka and Owen.
This should kick em on their backsides and avoid RELEGATION.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 6:06pm On Mar 22, 2008
WHATEVER IT IS . . .A MARATHON IS NOT WON UNTIL IT ACTUALLY IS WON !  cool

y'all fear Torres and hopefully he would be your undoing  . . . tongue

and rightly see Arsenal does a double on Chelsea . . . .Chacal quote me or rather lets have a bet,  cool NOW WE WILL USE THAT TO DETERMINE WHO IS FOR REAL . . .KITS-STRADAMUS OR JERK-STRADAMUS  cool

as usual CRON would be missing 2moro . . .NA TODAY ? as long as Gerrard is one that field, Y'ALL SHOULD FORGET GETTING ALL 3 POINTS 2MORO  cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 6:09pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Dr Kit

Where you Kit-stradamus when you predicted that Nigeria will win the Nations Cup? grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 6:15pm On Mar 22, 2008
4 Play:

@Dr Kit

Where you Kit-stradamus when you predicted that Nigeria will win the Nations Cup? grin

bros Tochukwu . . . where or were ?    tongue

ok . . .isnt a seer expected to goof atimes ?  undecided  grin

what happened to STRADAMUS himself ?  cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 6:18pm On Mar 22, 2008
Na Tochukwu,abi na Thomas grin

Goof atimes .This one done pass atimes,what about Utd v Bolton,Liverpool v Utd,Utd v Arsenal,Arsenal v Wigan,e.t.c.

You don become Pastor Joshua. Your prediction dey accurate sha. . . . .the opposite is always true. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 6:22pm On Mar 22, 2008
sharrap dia . . .my predictions are almost always spot on . . .stop rewinding tongue

why u wan try fall my hand now ? this one wey be say Yar adua sef don begin dey notice me say I be guru in stradamusing . . .u come begin dey worry . .take time oh MR THOMAS ! grin

no make I go call Islander for u o tongue cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 6:25pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Jackal

Wetin concern SAF with Chelsea player's ranting?

@Mcomo

Na wa 4 you.

You dey on my bad book. You better stayput in your lagos
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 6:37pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Akola

this is bunkumery at its best  angry

who made Mukina moderator   . . .imagine all my posts in the Arsenal thread is being deleted !  embarassed

selective justice 

is this Seun's ploy to reward Mukina's snitching ?  undecided

IF THIS ANOMALY IS NOT RECTIFIED . . .I WILL NOT LEST NLAND SPORTS SECTION REST AND I BELIEVE You ALL KNOW WHAT I CAN DO  cool

. . . .and I wonder which bad book u are talking about  undecided
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 7:00pm On Mar 22, 2008
@McOmo

All your post being Deleted cry cry

I beg tell me another thing jo.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 7:12pm On Mar 22, 2008
@ Akolawole,

SAF is trying to help the FA sanitise the game.
The way Chelsea players swoop on match officials is appaling. . . John Terry is the main culprit.
It should be curbed. . . . . . grin grin grin grin grin

@ MC Omo(Kistra-Joshua),

No one fears Torres. . . . . Where was he when United went to Anfield? He was in Vidic's pockets for 90 minutes.
A 19-yr-old Brazilian kept General Gerrard in his pocket too and Stevie G was moaning all day as he didn't have a sniff of the ball.
My lads are ready to do battle. . . . Nuthing is as sure as a United victory tomorrow.

THE HOLY TRINITY will be featuring tomorrow so any of em can SCORE.
Ronaldo will terrorise the Scousers and justify why he is the best in Europe.
Ferguson is relishing the tie already. . . . . Anutha 3 points for Man Utd.

Unfortunately, Arsenal will drop 3 points tomorrow.
Ma crystal ball says Chelsea would nick a win and leapfrog y'all.
Eboue/RVP to be sent off. grin cheesy
The ORACLE has spoken.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Novacaine(m): 7:19pm On Mar 22, 2008
That Oracle is a false one and pretty dusty too.I foresee two away victories dont ask me how Benitez will get his first win and Wenger's boys will crush the bridge so long as Avram Grant is in charge the blues will get no joY against us Chelsea's record in the Premiership since Wenger arrived is appalling 11 losses 9 draws an 2wins tomorrow will make it 12.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by mukina2: 7:22pm On Mar 22, 2008
Mc Omo:

@Akola

this is bunkumery at its best angry

who made Mukina moderator . . .imagine all my posts in the Arsenal thread is being deleted ! embarassed

selective justice

is this Seun's ploy to reward Mukina's snitching ? undecided

IF THIS ANOMALY IS NOT RECTIFIED . . .I WILL NOT LEST NLAND SPORTS SECTION REST AND I BELIEVE You ALL KNOW WHAT I CAN DO cool

. . . .and I wonder which bad book u are talking about undecided

when will u stop lying?

you guys can say anything you want . i am not fazed in the least .what post did i delete?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 7:31pm On Mar 22, 2008
Chacal,
torres+gerrard= the hottest combo in the epl as we speak. . .But i still aint putting any money on 'pool.Since its 'stradamus' time, i predict man utd 2-0 liverpool, chelsea 1-2 arsenal.
RITCHSTRADAMUS has spoken grin

P.S. Would u still rather have tevez on ur team than el nino grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Akolawole(m): 7:36pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Chakal

Are you saying United players dont do that?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 7:38pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Chacal

I thunk u said Torres is unarguably the most feared out and out striker in the Prem  

cos its against manure now. . . .all of a sudden u rant ; NO ONE FEARS TORRES   grin

Ronaldo score against Liverpool   yeah rite  cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 7:39pm On Mar 22, 2008
@Muki

well am no coward so I will refer diretly to u  . . . cool

so u deny that my posts wasnt deleted . . .OK

NO BIGGIE  cool

I wonder where my posts went to sha  embarassed

anyways still dont change nada . . . .U ARE BLOODY UNFIT TO BE A MODERATOR HERE

U HAVE BEEN THE ARGUABLY MOST CONTROVERSIAL PERSON HERE WITH UR OFFLINE AND ONLINE GIMMICKS . . .

cant imagine what Razorr, Islander, Chacal et al would have to say to this  embarassed MODERATOR  

I PREFER CHACAL BY MILES AT LEAST HE WONT SNITCH   grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (522) (523) (524) (525) (526) (527) (528) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.