Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,739 members, 7,862,417 topics. Date: Sunday, 16 June 2024 at 04:11 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (503667 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Nobody: 7:25pm On Mar 23, 2008
liverpool o ti e le
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 7:54pm On Mar 23, 2008
MAN UTD, HERE WE COMEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEe

CHelsea rules,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2008
The title is for you guys to lose now its safe to say yall have one hand on the cup already.Can Liverpool still be called rivals of yall though
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 8:02pm On Mar 23, 2008
Guys,  check it out, arsenal web site has been shut down, Imagine, The defeat even affect their web site, http://arsenal.com

Up Blues,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 8:20pm On Mar 23, 2008
software:

Guys, check it out, arsenal web site has been shut down, Imagine, The defeat even affect their web site, http://arsenal.com

Up Blues,
When will you stop your show of muppetry?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by software(m): 8:28pm On Mar 23, 2008
A-40:

When will you stop your show of muppetry?

muppetry? cant find that in my dic, Dumb ass, If u dey vex go Jump inside red sea, Chelsea rules either u like it or not,

Blue is tha COLOR
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by MrTurkey(m): 8:37pm On Mar 23, 2008
up united grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by MrTurkey(m): 8:39pm On Mar 23, 2008
up ronaldo grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by teemoe(m): 8:41pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ A-40
, take the defeat like a man and stop taking your frustrations out on other people
, if you should be swearing for anybody now it is your ignoramus coach tongue who prefers having a  full bank acoun for arsenal than a full trophy cabinet, YOU HAVE TO SPEND MONEY TO MAKE MONEY, SIMPLE LOGIC,
                          HOPELESS GUNNERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 8:44pm On Mar 23, 2008
It's getting sad the way Refs blatantly support the Red team at Old Trafford.

Last season it was dubious penalty decisions for Utd and none against opposition, except when Spurs were four (4) goals down and it was ten minutes or so left on the clock. This season it's sending off players in a grand slam match. First Chelsea, now Pool, both very dubious decisions.

I wonder when the FA would actually be bold enough to probe the club and its relationship with officials. Or maybe the FA is part of the whole game plan.

Sad! Sad! Sad!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 8:53pm On Mar 23, 2008
somze:

It's getting sad the way Refs blatantly support the Red team at Old Trafford.

Last season it was dubious penalty decisions for Utd and none against opposition, except when Spurs were four (4) goals down and it was ten minutes or so left on the clock. This season it's sending off players in a grand slam match. First Chelsea, now Pool, both very dubious decisions.

I wonder when the FA would actually be bold enough to probe the club and its relationship with officials. Or maybe the FA is part of the whole game plan.

Sad! Sad! Sad!

There they go again. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 9:01pm On Mar 23, 2008
Somze
Am disappointed by your comment, The guy deserved the second yellow card. Ok why are you not complaning about Torres Yellow card?
Is it not the same offence they committed? Why his is the talk of the town now is because he has one yellow already. He is stupid to challenge
the ref, did you see the distance he covered to get to steve bennett? Don't be biased in your footie discussion its one of the problems gooners have though you are not one of them.
They have their captain in Gerrad to talk to the ref not the whole players. He know quite well that he has yellow already why challenging the ref.
He has himself to blame not the ref.
Moreover on the 16th of December Scholes collected red card, was that not grand slam? But we still carried the day. You cant take anything away from the squad SAF brought out against them we deserve the win by a greater gaol margin if not the wastefulness of Rooney.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:16pm On Mar 23, 2008
Presido
I have seen a lot of players get away with that. The only exception to this rule is when Chelsea does it they get unnecessarily punished.

They should be a clear and consistent principle if not a rule for every player. Not just for those playing against Utd or with Chelsea. The ref would have just told him to step away. He was hardly violent and did it at the thick of the moment. It was purely reactionary and you know it.

Which match do you refer to where Scholes was sent of?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by teemoe(m): 9:20pm On Mar 23, 2008
@ somze
guy, guy, guy dont do this, i know ure smatter than this, man, if u watched the match and u want to be truthful, mascherano did more than enuff to deserve the red card, if u read his lips you would see that he said "f&%k off" more than 10 times, he did it earlier and refs are now coming tough on referee dissent, MASCHERANO ASKED TO BE SENT OFF!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:25pm On Mar 23, 2008
Then lets see the same punishment for all players and teams not just as a reason to send of opposition at Old Trafford.

Lets see it for Rooney, for small teams playing small fixtures. Lets have consistency.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 9:29pm On Mar 23, 2008
Somze
The rule of the game is that only the captain has the write to talk to the ref in such incident. Nobody except Arsenal of Chelski fans blamed the ref for the red second yellow. If nobody complained about Torres yellow card i dont see any reason somebody should complain about Mascharinos. FA want to stamp out such rubbish in English footie. Although refs make bad decisions most of the times but this one today was absolutely spot on. He can't cover such distance to challenge the ref and go away with it. Watch out FA might land him more ban if care is not taken. Did you hear what Andy Gray and Rednapp said during half time analysis?. Maself don't like Steve bennett cos he is one of them refs that blow against man United most of the times.

Anfield game btw Liverpool and Man United, scholes was sent of or did you not watch it. When he tried to slap Alonso, was that not part of the Grand slam?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:46pm On Mar 23, 2008
Presido1
Please what year was that match.
I can't quite remember the events, if you have a link that would be great

Besides raising your hands against an opposition player is a direct red card. Now you said trying to slap, what does trying mean?

The rule of which game says only the captain should come forward? Is it a principle or a rule? What are the consequences of breaking the rule? Who takes action? The Ref or the FA? I am asking this because in Chelsea's cases we've been hit hard by the FA for so called "failing to control players". Now in this case, the player was sent off by the Ref, isn't that inconsistent?

As far as I can tell, there exist so much inconsistency with the current nature of this principle and it was unnecessary for the Ref to act on it in such a game.

The FA should come out clear and explain themselves except this is a rule for Man Utd or one against just Chelsea.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 9:48pm On Mar 23, 2008
The Scoucers tasted a bit of what a deadly United Side can do. Even with all the missed chances we still pushed three pass them Men I love that Nani Rooney tee up for the Third Goal. It was a great one and should be a good one for goal of the season  grin

@ Assanal
From First to Second and then Third
Maybe soon you will bragging a UEFA cup place with them Everton
Kpelee to ya all

Now the Title now boils down to a fight between Man U and Chelski

Where are them Utd
Cassiel, Jackal, etc!!!

Happy Easter to all Man Utd fans and Footie fans in general

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 10:09pm On Mar 23, 2008
somze:

The FA should come out clear and explain themselves except this is a rule for Man Utd or one against just Chelsea.

With 2 players offside during the build up to Chelsea's
equalizer, I don't think you should be talking.

Javier deserved to be sent off. He showed dissent not
once, but twice.

He was not involved in the Torres booking. He ran 25 yards
to contest the decision. Steve Bennet waved him off and he
stayed put.

I've seen that result in a booking more than a thousand times.

Thank goodness United had scored before the incident. You
would have said the match would have ended goaless.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:16pm On Mar 23, 2008
Som
The sending off was not on grand slam, i have cross checked. But the fact remains that javier deserves his second yellow. Ok what offence did Torres commit before getting his yellow card?. Check out the poll on sky.com 69% have voted in favour of the second yellow.
You guys should quite all these game of Man United is being favoured. Last three seasons when chelsea was on top of their game, the gossip around is that RA was buying the FA over everything now its man United is buying the FA.

How can Man United buy the FA when the board is constituted from diff club supporters in England. Its unthinkable ma broda. Come up with another argument. The refs i believe makes mistake on their own not that anybody buys them.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 10:25pm On Mar 23, 2008
Presido
I just want to see some consistency. Is that too much to ask?
Lets have a clear rule, so everyone . . . including people like me grin . . . can understand it and not raise eyebrows.
Do we only get to see this rule enforced against opposition at Old Trafford? Let the FA explain it.

Akinalabi
Do you know the rules of offside?

If I had claimed you 2nd goal was a fraction offside you'd have my head now. Tomorrow you'll call me biased abi?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 10:44pm On Mar 23, 2008
Somze
If need to see the rules you should better contact FA. But believe me all those faults are from the refs.
To curb, FA should start placing Fine of the Refs or banning them for some games as was when ref gave chelski penalty
at Ansfield last year. Or did you not see that one? maybe the FA supports that penaltys well.
This argument came up now that you guys are on top arsenal. No mind game will bring us down.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 10:56pm On Mar 23, 2008
Presido
Any ManUtd fan should be the last person to complain about dubious penalty decisions.

Where were you when Ronaldo was diving all over the place last season to hand you the EPL title. All Refs needed was to see him on the ground in the penalty area and we'd hear the whistle. On the other hand, opposition players never got to hear that same whistle after career threatening tackles were made on them.

Did you also fail to see Ronaldo's dive today inside the penalty area? How come he was not booked for that? That is a clear rule, if you dive you get booked but Steve Benneth some how failed to enforce that rule. The one he enforced was a clouded principle in favor of Man Utd. Torres was getting kicked around the place, when he complains he get booked for dissent which is just ridiculous.

How come Ferdinand was not booked either? Ronaldo was protected by the ref because SAF asked for it. How sad! We have a man sent off for questioning the refs wrong decisions. He did not use bad language he just ran over to him to ask him about his decision and gets sent off.

We need a whole new set of referees in the EPL. We are tired of these SAF boys.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:00pm On Mar 23, 2008
somze:

Akinalabi
Do you know the rules of offside?

Absolutely. I'm not a football newbie.

I insist 2 players were offside leading to Chelsea's equalizer.

presido1:

Somze
But believe me all those faults are from the refs.
To curb, FA should start placing Fine of the Refs or banning them for some games as was when ref gave chelski penalty
at Ansfield last year. Or did you not see that one?

I wonder o.

The ref on that day, Rob Stiyles had just finished work on
Abramovich's driveway before that game.

somze:

Do we only get to see this rule enforced against opposition at Old Trafford? Let the FA explain it.

Like Pompey Vs Man Utd at Old Trafford?

Come on son. . . You aint got no point.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:16pm On Mar 23, 2008
somze:

If I had claimed your 2nd goal was a fraction offside

No chance.

Arbeloa kept Ronaldo onside the moment Tevez chested the
ball.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:44am On Mar 24, 2008
@ Akinalabi.

What are u on about?
United's 2nd goal resulted from a corner-kick. . . .  Can a player stay offside from a corner?
You shouldn't be caught DEAD arguing with a complete slowpoke. . . . . People that are watching United's games with blue-tinted glasses!!!!

Mascherano was mouthing off like a bitch. . . . He did so 5 times before the Torres incident.
You can confirm that in today's MATCH OF THE DAY. . . . His attitude to the ref after he got his 1st yellow card was appaling.
He ran almost 20 yards to ask Steve Bennett why he booked Torres . . . I mean, who does that?

Rooney is the most abusive player in Man Utd and he gets yellow card for his dissent.
However, once he is booked, he behaves himself or Fergie pulls him off before he gets anutha YELLOW card that can lead to RED.
I am tired of people saying United depends on referees to win games. . . .
Chelsea's equaliser was offside. . . Ashley Cole shouldn't have played today. . . should have seen RED against Tottenham on wednesday!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 2:50am On Mar 24, 2008
@ Chacal,

I'm sure the lad was on about the move that led to the
corner kick. I was already getting irritated but I just
couldn't watch him mess the thread up with nonsense.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 9:20am On Mar 24, 2008
akinalabi:

I'm sure the lad was on about the move that led to the
corner kick. I was already getting irritated but I just
couldn't watch him mess the thread up with nonsense.
You can't have it both ways.

You can either talk like the area boys on the streets of lagos or you can approach issues maturely like a true analyst. If you choose to be abusive when we talk about issues then go ahead that way, don't try to be nice and abusive at the same time.

I don't know what kind of example you guys on this thread show to the rest of Nairaland. I read from one of you once that abuses show passion and makes the discussion fun. I wonder why I don't get to see the Sports Analysts on TV go around abusing rival analysts, fans or players. Now wont that be something to watch on Sky, DSTV or HiTV (depending on your location). Or maybe if we see couples abusing out each other in real life, we'd take it as an open display of how much passion they have for each other.

I don't remember ever using derogatory remarks about your views so at least I deserve the same respect. Besides my point would only be baseless if you can show against my message that there is a rule concerning players approaching the referee and this rule is in fact consistent. You and I know that no such consistency exist, so why should Bennet enforce it a grand slam fixture that by the way aid United's plight?

Mind your language bro.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by teemoe(m): 10:04am On Mar 24, 2008
Dumbest man on the planet
Javier Mascherano became the dumbest man in the world after crazily provoking ref Steve Bennett to send him off for dissent. Liverpool's Argentine midfielder got his red card after 43 minutes - handing Manchester United a win which virtually assures them of the title. Mascherano was booked after just 10 minutes for a foul on Paul Scholes before repeatedly swearing at Bennett. But he seemed oblivious to the rumpus caused by Ashley Cole’s midweek show of dissent at Spurs as he angrily confronted Bennett and his linesmen six more times. The ref's patience finally ran out when Mascherano charged 20 yards to confront him for booking Fernando Torres. He showed the Liverpool player a second yellow card before brandishing the red card. But even then Mascherano could not keep his mouth shut. He refused to leave the pitch even though Reds boss Rafa Benitez pleaded with him to calm down. And he swore at Bennett again as team-mates Xabi Alonso and Fabio Aurelio tried to restrain him. The FA are likely to increase his automatic one-game ban and fine him heavily.
David Facey, The Sun

All the newspapers publish reaction to Mascherano's moment of madness as well as match reports on the Reds' excellent Easter win. There's also coverage of Chelsea's victory over Arsenal with post-match quotes from Didier Drogba - "This result has given us belief that we are in the race with United. We have to believe that we can go on and win the title." ('Hot Drog warns United', The Sun)

Round up by Adam Bostock
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by akinalabi(m): 11:08am On Mar 24, 2008
@ somze,

If my statement came across to you as an insult, then I
take full responsibility. I APOLOGIZE.

Adddressing you as a lad is not derogatory in my reckoning.

It's like saying "that chap". Dictionary.net defines lad as A
companion; a comrade; a mate/friend.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by somze(f): 11:34am On Mar 24, 2008
Noted
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Chacal: 12:21pm On Mar 24, 2008
@ Eldee,

I am getting predictable, i guess.
Never mind. . . . . I am becoming a Pastor in the next few days.

Errrrrm, how are u coping with the hangover?
Besides, where's Loyika and Debosky?? ??
Your thread is now a GHOST-TOWN. grin cheesy grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.