Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,524 members, 7,826,966 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 01:18 AM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (499337 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 2:07pm On Apr 03, 2008
Mascerano for most part of the game last nite was anonymous tongue

if he were to play on Saturday . . .Liverfool would still fall cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by TheJackal1(m): 2:50pm On Apr 03, 2008
@ MC Omo,

So what happened to your TOTAL FOOTBALL at the Emirates?
I thunk u said we should expect a 6-goal THRILLER but what did we see? ZILCH.
How u allowed Liverpool to get a priceless away goal beggars belief. . . . . 0-0 result is better than 1-1.
We all know what Anfield night is like. . . . .I wouldn't wanna be in y'all shoes next week.

It's a bit premature but i think Arsenal is OUT!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 4:33pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Mc Omi
Where have you been
What abt ya predictions

le Chac or Le Shark
Good to know you are back
I hope you bit them banner really well
So they learn how to show respet to them that deserve it
Borough go fall whether them Chelski and Gaynners like or not.

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by justkunmi(m): 4:48pm On Apr 03, 2008
Anyone knows whats up with Vidic? How long is he going to be out?
Hope he's gon' be available for the Arsenal game even if he misses the Roma return. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by yemmight(m): 5:25pm On Apr 03, 2008
2-3 weeks
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by yemmight(m): 5:37pm On Apr 03, 2008
Nemanja Vidic has been ruled out for two or three weeks with a knee injury.

The Serbian centre-back, who fell awkwardly after an aerial challenge against Roma, came off after just 31 minutes of Tuesday's 2-0 quarter final first-leg win.

He was sent for a scan on Wednesday, the results of which showed the injury not to be serious.

A club spokesperson told ManUtd.com: "There is no major damage to the left knee, and Nemanja will be out for around 2 or 3 weeks."

Vidic will therefore miss the Premier League matches against Middlesbrough and Arsenal and Wednesday's Champions League quarter final second leg clash with Roma.

He could return to face Blackburn Rovers at Ewood Park on 19 April, and will certainly hope to be involved should United reach the Champions League semi finals, before the Reds visit Chelsea on 26 April.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 5:42pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Jackal
grin grin Dayokanu is somewhere fasting and praying so that Man United crash out against Barcelona, but the Gods are not annswering his prayers cos VIDA will be back and Barca will be dealt with in no small measures

Boro will be annihilated easily,i expect them to come out smoking cos they really played well against Chelsea. Thats exactly what will kill them. No team can have a go at United in this present world and not go unscatched.
Rooney, Ronnie, Tevez are just too much for any team to handle
4-0 again
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by A40(m): 5:56pm On Apr 03, 2008
@tkb
Your mouths are getting wider by the minute but its all to the good what goes up must surely come down

I insist yall will miss Vida against us Ade will have a field day against Ferdinand i can assure you.I didnt see Mascherano last night he was MIA (Missing in Action) if not for Bendtner and that blockhead Eboue we should have at least been two goals to the good
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 6:17pm On Apr 03, 2008
A-40:

@tkb
Your mouths are getting wider by the minute but its all to the good what goes up must surely come down

I insist yall will miss Vida against us Ade will have a field day against Ferdinand i can assure you.I didnt see Mascherano last night he was MIA (Missing in Action) if not for Bendtner and that blockhead Eboue we should have at least been two goals to the good
Dude United is not a one man squad, we are fully loaded on any angle you kan think of in the pitch.
have you noticed the gaol scoring progression of recent.
From 1-0 against derby to 4-0 against villa. Hope boro will be 5 this wkend and your arse will receive their on share of the OT cake on 13th.
Guess how many.
Is like Ade is crocked for the next game according to Sky News this evening.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 6:23pm On Apr 03, 2008
@A-40
yeah, things go up and come down, we will come down when all our players are injured.(not possible)
for now, we can only go up not down
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 7:20pm On Apr 03, 2008
A-40:

Ade have a field day against Ferdinand?Dude,get real.Ade knows next to nothing about breaking through well-organized defenses.He scores best when his opponent's defense is weak,and seeing as we've got the best defense in the league,and the best defender any team could ask for in Rio,Ade is going to be a very shackled man.

And,don't blame just Bendtner and Eboue for your failing to win yesterday's match.Y'all had so many good chances and missed them all.RVP's misses alone were colossal.Passes were excessive,as usual,and even when there was no time any longer,instead of going for long-range shots y'all were still trying to win the 'We pass the ball around best' cup.Only Walcott was sensible on that pitch last night,honestly.Too bad soccer's not a one-man show.
Hope you guys learned your lessons last night,else Anfield will be a blast against you guys.

@Mc Omo
You predicted we were going to get thrashed by Roma grin Thought you woulda hung yourself by now. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 7:38pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Cassiel

if u were half as smart as u thunk u were . . u would have read that I predicted Manure would win Roma home and away . . .what I did ask shortly b4 that match was; after all said and done if Roma were to win WHAT WOULD ALL THESE MANCS SAY geddit

true mancs here know that I would support an English team over any other foreign team . . . .BUT CHELSKI MUST LOSE TO FENERBACHE BY GOD'S GRACE grin grin just so we would see what would be of the GRANT VS MUMURINHO argument on the chavs' thread grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 7:58pm On Apr 03, 2008
@Mc Omo
Dude,you've absolutely zero idea how smart i know i am,so quit barking up that tree.I don't need to use your warped sayings on Nairaland to prove it to you,aiight? tongue
Besides,every Manc knows you never wish us well,except on some very grudging occasions when you can't help but.
And,if you were smart at all,after predicting United will win why open the can of 'ifs',hoping and wishing me and Chacal hang?Specifically Cassiel and Chacal.(hmm,i wonder why tongue) Well.What else is to be expected of a T.B Joshua fan wink grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:25am On Apr 04, 2008
odesco grin grin

am a realist . . .I always knew Manure would devour Roma and even Barca . . .that takes them to yet anoda final . . aight ? undecided no lele . . .we shall meet cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 12:45am On Apr 04, 2008
mumusco grin grin

Thanks for the vote of confidence,even if na bad-belle one

Till we meet cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 12:59am On Apr 04, 2008
whats wrong with this chick sef

u no dey shame undecided abi because we no dey yab chicks here again like before u wan come dey make mouth anyhow undecided

i[[/i]i] GO SEND MADAM ETTEH MODERATOR TO U
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 1:05am On Apr 04, 2008
See me see wahala o. I near your side before? You're the one who starts releasing your grouchiness at me,and when i react,you complain.I bow o. Na wetin i wan shame for? Na you suppose get shame,wey you just dey harass woman anyhow tongue

As for our dear moderator,i think she prefers you to me tongue So expect her if you don't behave.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 1:12am On Apr 04, 2008
whats this issue of Pizzaro lashing out at C RONALDO for arrogance

dude must really be feeling like George Bush these days . . . NONSENSE cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 1:17am On Apr 04, 2008
Pizzaro was pissed at CR's juggling/showboating. . .pity there was no Billy the Kid Gallas to kick some sense into him like he did to Nani grin grin

Let Ronaldo have his fun, he was kicked like mad and still scored against those sorry Roma players. . . that second goal they conceded made the defenders look like PUB players like Davies said. grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by TheJackal1(m): 1:34am On Apr 04, 2008
@ Debosky,

Are there still doubts that Ronaldo is the best player to have ever played in this league?
In ma own opinion, there is no further doubts.
This lad has proven he is ready to blaze the world with his athleticism and a wealth of natural skills.
The goal he scored against Roma was all about BRAVERY. . . How he covered 20 yards in 3 seconds to power that header home was outstanding!!

Many of y'all would frown and mention names like Henry, Ruud or Zola.
However, let it be known that none of these players were public enemy #1 in their career. . .
Some 21 months ago, Ronaldo was being booed all over the country, wherever he played. . . English fans hated him more than Osama.
But. . . . He kept going, proving people wrong even the Gaynners and pushed Man Utd to the title.
This season . . . He has even matured and i back him to bang 40 goals by the end of the season.(Henry never clocked 40 in the EPL) grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Cassiel(f): 2:25am On Apr 04, 2008
The Jackal:

@ Debosky,

Are there still doubts that Ronaldo is the best player to have ever played in this league?
In ma own opinion, there is no further doubts.
This lad has proven he is ready to blaze the world with his athleticism and a wealth of natural skills.
The goal he scored against Roma was all about BRAVERY. . . How he covered 20 yards in 3 seconds to power that header home was outstanding!!

That boi's speed is just amazing!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 6:56am On Apr 04, 2008
tkb417:

@Jackal
grin grin Dayokanu is somewhere fasting and praying so that Man United crash out against Barcelona, but the Gods are not annswering his prayers because VIDA will be back and Barca will be dealt with in no small measures

Dayo is in hiding.His mighty Bayern could only draw 1-1 at home against Getafe in the UEFA Cup grin His dreams of a treble is evaporating.

Vida should be back for the 2nd leg against Barca if we qualify. There is a bit of deja vu here because Vida broke his collarbone last season on March the 31st only to come back barely fit for the 2nd leg at the San Siro.Rio was also injured then.Heinze and Brown in central defence made Kaka look very good and virtually handed him the Footballer of the Year Award.

Saw this story in the Times:
Owen Hargreaves’s strangely peripheral role at Manchester United is not down to poor form but disciplinary issues, The Times can reveal. In particular, Sir Alex Ferguson is known to have been angered by the player’s poor timekeeping, with Hargreaves turning up late for several team meetings.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/premier_league/manchester_united/article3677961.ece
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 7:23am On Apr 04, 2008
Dayo is in hiding.His mighty Bayern could only draw 1-1 at home against Getafe in the UEFA Cup His dreams of a treble is evaporating.

Bayrn could draw 1-1 at home to Getafe. I heard something like this when we played Bolton earlier but where is Bolton today? Our strikers were profligate today particularly Podolski I think he should be sold to Hamburg or Bremen he wasted too many chances. and the thing with these little teams is that they should be killed off early in the game before they grow in confidence.I expect improvements next week. Next season, We should get Mario Gomez, Goran Pandev and rafael van der vaart.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by nyabinghi(m): 8:22am On Apr 04, 2008
Dayokanu,

Do u really think Barca can surivive united. In 1999 barca was pitted with united and we came out unscathed making barca crash out at the group stage. fergie's first european trophy with united(cup winners cup) was a victory over barca. Also United won the champs league in 1999 with tottenham winning the league cup and this year is gonna be a repeat.
I like bayern but the consistence is lacking podolski's spirit is low.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by danity: 8:28am On Apr 04, 2008
Oh please - I know for a fact that Barca is the only other somewhat competent team outside Man U in the UEFA league.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by 4Play(m): 8:45am On Apr 04, 2008
@Dayo

Gomez and Pandev are good but I don't think Van Der Vaart will want to remain in Germany.

What's with the row with De Michelis and his refusal to play in Hitzfeld's preferred position? Another sign that Ottmar is losing the dressing room tongue

Podolski has been useless this season.To a lesser extent,Klose has been a bit underwhelming.

As for Getafe,they are a far stronger side than Bolton.Michael Laudrup has molded them into a very good side that are hard to beat at home.They have a very good home record.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 9:19am On Apr 04, 2008
@Dayo
grin grin u think Getafe is Bolton? Go and ask barca and Real what they suffer whenever they visit Getafe, Bayern are out!!!
can u remember all ur praises for that wasteful podolski? he should be sold to herenveen not Werder.
Did you see Leverkusen vs st.Petersburg? the days of the Bundesliga are far gonee. I saw Bayern play yesterday and i think i saw a team in the rank of spurs. their is no way that Bayern will play United and not get Pummelled.

Guy, get ur sef some action by switching allegiance to the EPL, Manchester City will be ur ideal club to support. grin grin or better still Pompey just like Doyin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 11:48am On Apr 04, 2008
@Dayokanu

u are sick tongue

u drew Getafe and u come here spewing utter drivel . . . u no dey shame

granted we are on a scum thread but yet stop assaulting our senses comparing a Barca team with Manure . . .at least they are our brothers from different mothers . . .the scum woman born dem grin grin

Barca is sh@t . . . .even Everton would pulverize them, trust Yakubu grin

@MANCS

all of sudden all the noise is about C RONALDO . . . . pray tell what would happen when he dips in form terribly just like Ronaldinho ehinmanchara did grin

hope u wont crucify him the way the chavs are crucifying DRUG-BAR now cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by TheJackal1(m): 12:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
@ MC Omo,

I have been hearing the same prattle from u for over 2 years.
What if Ronaldo's form dips and reh reh reh. . . . .
Can u deny he has been the most consistent performer in the best part of the last 2 years?

Viva Ronaldo. . . . . .Conqueror of the ROMAN EMPIRE!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 1:13pm On Apr 04, 2008
@Mc Omi
It seems you are tilting. What happened to Gunners for life
U never spewed anyhting in favour of Manc and it seems good result driven footie is gradually tipping you over
unlike you passing orientated footie that wins you most beautiful footie playing team trophy.
Good to know u are finally seeing the light
That doesn't mean u won't write a test b4 joining the man U's fans club.
Cassie will interview you. le Chac, La Pein and then Nyabinghi b u face me.
Good to know u've sropped being an Assanal sympathiser
Or whatchu y'all thunk

Borough have to fall on Sunday
The Trinity would most probably do them in
Vida;s abscence is a major factor but that why we have a good squad
Lets not underate O'sheas' ability as a versatile man
My problem with him is that he's slow to reaction and generally slow
His attacking stints are still in doubt.
Aside that, I have confidence in him
Its left for us to see who plays for Borough to know where to fit him
Whether at RB or CB. All the same i stick to this squad;

Van Der Saar or Kitkat (To prepare VDS for Wednesday)

Oshea brown Rio Silvestre

Ronaldo Ando Hargreaves Nani/Park

Tevez
Rooney

Subs
Kuzczak or Heaton
Carrick
Scholes
Pique
Giggs

That should be a killer squad for Borough
Abi no be so?

Just with Wednesday in Mind,

ONE UTD!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by McOmo(m): 1:29pm On Apr 04, 2008
@EMPEROH

U ARE SICK AND RETARDED AT THE SAME TIME . . . tongue

cos I tell Dayokanu the gospel truth as AN ARDENT EPL FOLLOWER now means am tilting undecided guy . . .u seem to be hard on it . . .Lawd help u, even Olikoye Ransome Kuti couldnt have helped u cry

I have been supporting Arsenal for 17 years at least and u expect I would not descend so low to associate myself with cats like Cassiel abi na Casket and the mendacious hound dog called Jackal or even u the Emperor of mancunian retards . . . .GO FIGURE THIS MAN HERE AINT ON THAT LEVEL . . cos I talk less these days dont mean I cant bring NAiraland DOWN . . .stop trying to rile me up, I doubt if u got sufficient armoury sef tongue

GO ASK UR PAPAS . . .BOALONI, JACKAL, RIKKYJEN, JUSTKUNMI ET AL cool. . . .they know who and who will never leave here or are PLASTIC FANS cool
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by TheJackal1(m): 1:45pm On Apr 04, 2008
@ Emperoh,

Boro should go down like most teams have done this season.
Van Der Sar will surely get a breather so expect to see KitKat/Ben Foster on sunday.
If Van Der Sar gets picked against Boro. . then KitKat/Ben Foster WILL feature in the dead rubber game against Roma.
Fergie will be hoping to give the Dutch goalie a one week rest before facing the GAYnners. grin grin grin

Sir Alex is a wise man. . . . . He might not shape things the normal way on sunday.
Lemme have a crack at his likely formation.

Foster

Neville Rio Brown O'Shea

Ronaldo Anderson Hargreaves Nani

Tevez Rooney.

(1) (2) (3) ... (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) (541) (542) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ14ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.