Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,401 members, 7,850,429 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 09:03 PM

Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (618) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds (501888 Views)

Official Manchester United Fan Thread:''20 Times EPL Champion / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds / Manchester United Fan Thread: Forever Reds (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (784) (Go Down)

Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 3:33pm On Jul 23, 2008
dayokanu:

Rooney has 4 international goals in the last 3 years? Can you imagine!!!!!!!

How many international goals has Kanu for Nigeria.
In 5 CAF editions, Kanu has never scored a goal wearing Nigerian colours. . . . .does that make him wack??
Dayokanu, use your head for once. . . . . .What Wazza does on the pitch, 60 Kloses n Podolskis cannot even match it.

In the last 4 years, Wazza has suffered metatarsal curse TWICE. . . .  .One was during EURO 04 and the other just before WC 2006.
Last year, he had anutha one on the opening day against Reading FC.
All these coupled together with bad management in the National team should be held accountable.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:43pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

His poor ratio in the national level can be explained. . . . .
Rooney is not an out n out striker. . . . . Same as Kanu Nwankwo.
Scoring goals is not the only yard-stick. . . . . Unless u want to say Victor Agali is a better player than Kanu or Crouch is better than Wazza.
Which one is it, hombre??

@ Emperoh,

You cannot really blame Ferguson. . . . . . . SAHA is the black sheep.
I think it's about time we flog him to Sunderland. . He is a global deception.
He goes to the media at the start of the season saying reh reh reh how he must repay Fergie's faith in him only to start 5 league games all season.
Rooney should be commended. He sacrifices more than any player for Man Utd.

wE MOST CERTAINLY NEED TO TAKE A TRIP TO IJEBU TO FIND OUT THE bABA THATS BEEN SPENDING SAHA'S GBP
I mean, he ought to be flogged out NOW, before it gets late
By then we might have to pay for keeping 'damaged good' in our fold
Or have to pay Bristol City or Dumfermline to at least take him on loan grin grin
But somehow, i want to give him a chance and see if he's up to it this season.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 3:48pm On Jul 23, 2008
forget this argument on Rooney with Dayokanu
we all know the quality and fighting spirit he has and any club including Bayern Munich will squirk ejaculations to have him in their line-up
For me he's the most person i trust in our attack line-up.
You can bully CR7, Apache isn't as brillant as Rooney and also i don't trust Saha
SO its all Rooney, I can count how many matches we lost when he played so just leave this guy on this,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 3:50pm On Jul 23, 2008
Like Klose, podolski and other strikers dont get injured. Its not about kanu scoring in competitions its about scoring for Nigeria competitions or qualifiers.

Do you know how long Poldi spent on the surgeons table last season?

Check the number of goals Owen scored within the same period or was Rooney more injured than Owen?

@Emperoh,

How many clubs have bid for Rooney in the last 4 years
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 3:55pm On Jul 23, 2008
dayokanu:

Like Klose, podolski and other strikers don't get injured. Its not about kanu scoring in competitions its about scoring for Nigeria competitions or qualifiers.

Do you know how long Poldi spent on the surgeons table last season?

Check the number of goals Owen scored within the same period or was Rooney more injured than Owen?

Metatarsal injury is different from hamstring u doofus. . . . .
Are you saying Rooney is wack because he doesn't score for 3 LIONS?? Like he doesn't score for Man Utd against top teams, huh??
Rooney has won EPL and UCL. . . . . Let Podolski and Klose win that before we can even have a proper debate.

@Emperoh,
How many clubs have bid for Rooney in the last 4 years

Why would any club bid for Rooney when he has told the media he would retire at Man Utd??
How many clubs have bid for Terry(Chelsea), Carragher(Liverpool), Raul(Spain), Puyol(Barcelona).
They are club icons. . . . . .people don't bid for such players u airhead!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by dayokanu(m): 4:08pm On Jul 23, 2008
Are you saying Rooney is wack because he doesn't score for 3 LIONS?? Like he doesn't score for Man Utd against top teams, huh??
Rooney has won EPL and UCL. . . . . Let Podolski and Klose win that before we can even have a proper debate.

RVNistelrooy how many has he won?

Club icon? Do you know the meaning of club icons?

Do you know that he is from Everton. How many club icon switch clubs go and read about club icons like

Terry, Maldini, Totti, Del pierro, Raul, Puyol and co Club icon? Why dont you call Ballack, Dinho and Yaya Toure Club icons
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 4:16pm On Jul 23, 2008
dayokanu:

RVNistelrooy how many has he won?
Van Nistelrooy has dominated UCL's golden boot THRICE in 5 seasons!!!

Club icon? Do you know the meaning of club icons?

Do you know that he is from Everton How many club icon switch clubs go and read about club icons like

Terry, Maldini, Totti, Del pierro, Raul, Puyol and co Club icon? Why don't you call Ballack, Dinho and Yaya Toure Club icons

U are an idiot. . . . .If u are not one. . . .U would know England is about Northern parts and Southern parts.
Why are u such an illiterate? Rooney from Everton?? Is Everton a town on its own or name of a club??
Blimey. . . . .U have made me lose the appetite to continue with this argument. . . .Everton is a club in LIVERPOOL.
Everton is not a town. PERIOD!!! Yes, Rooney is a club icon and he will never be FOR SALE.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 4:22pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

Van Nistelrooy has dominated UCL's golden boot THRICE in 5 seasons!!!

You are an idiot. . . . .If u are not one. . . .You would know England is about Northern parts and Southern parts.
Why are u such an illiterate? Rooney from Everton?? Is Everton a town on its own or name of a club??
Blimey. . . . .You have made me lose the appetite to continue with this argument. . . .Everton is a club in LIVERPOOL.
Everton is not a town. PERIOD!!! Yes, Rooney is a club icon and he will never be FOR SALE.
I disagree with the highlighted
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 6:49pm On Jul 23, 2008
Guys, whats up with the C-Ron palaver. . . . has Baba decided to let the guy go? hear the Glaziers seem 2 want to let him go. . . . . abeg make we free d dude and pick Robinho 4rm Madrid!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 6:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
presido1:

I disagree with the highlighted

Are u also going to join in this showof ignorance
in my little knowledge of England, i have never heard of a town called EVERTON
I have only heard of Everton in Liverpool, or why are matches Between Everton and Liverpool called 'Derby'
I hate blind acquiescence and ignorance.

Dayo
I am notgoingto join you in arguing about club icons and what not
but it will be fool hardy for someone to wake up and go and bid for Rooney
He will simply be tantamount to pulling down Mount Everest
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by RuuDie(m): 7:00pm On Jul 23, 2008
I agree with Hannibal. . . .  . . .  certain players are club icons and Rooney is looking like he's UTD's!

Tell u smthng, the day he leaves b4 the ripe ol' age of retirement. . . . .  I just might stop supporting UTD.

My fav UTD players - JS Park, Rooney and Anderson!
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:03pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ Emperoh grin

dude don't test me this afternoon, how has presido shown 'acquiescence' by disagreeing with Jackal? undecided

or isn't that an oxymoron right there? you acquiesce when you don't challenge something and simply accept it, unless your royal highness is about to give me a new definition of the word. grin

Just don't adopt Jackal's egregious bombastic tone, it rarely does any good. wink

Back to the issue at hand - there IS a town named Everton, but it lies in the South of England close to the coast, the 'Everton' Football Club is based in the city of Liverpool.

Rooney is becoming a club icon, being bought so young and giving his heart to the club.

I think that is the same kind of thing AW is trying to achieve - first with Cesc, and now Walcott.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 7:05pm On Jul 23, 2008
Emperoh:

Are u also going to join in this showof ignorance
in my little knowledge of England, i have never heard of a town called EVERTON
I have only heard of Everton in Liverpool, or why are matches Between Everton and Liverpool called 'Derby'
I hate blind acquiescence and ignorance.

Dayo
I am notgoingto join you in arguing about club icons and what not
but it will be fool hardy for someone to wake up and go and bid for Rooney
He will simply be tantamount to pulling down Mount Everest
Its called Merseyside Derby check your fact before posting. I have been to the town called Everton before its just after St Helens.
Its just like saying West Brom and Birmingham both are in the west midland. Don't confuss it with a city. Liverpool is a city just like London, leeds,New-castle and the rest. But names like Aston(Aston Villa), Chelsea, Traford, Anfield are towns inside the major cities.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 7:09pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ Presido,

Don't mix this argument with geography.
Where is Goodison Park?? Is it in Liverpool or St. Helens/Everton??
Dayokanu claims Rooney is originally from Everton(town) and i corrected him that Wazza is from Croxeth(liverpool) and there's nothing like Everton.

@ Debosky,

Whatz with Jackal's egregious bombastic tone.
Ma web analyser is telling me here this is the 50,000th time u would use the word "egregious" in ur comment on NL. . .
Are u related to the word?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by presido1: 7:12pm On Jul 23, 2008
jackal
Goodison park is in Everton but if don't know the area you will think is in Liverpool cuz they have common boundry.
Have you hard of Everton Mint sweet factory before Its in Everton as well.
Everton is a town while liverpool is a city.

wazza is from is from Croxteth, in Liverpool thats for sure, i did not argue about that.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 7:14pm On Jul 23, 2008
debosky:

@ Emperoh  grin

dude don't test me this afternoon, how has presido shown 'acquiescence' by disagreeing with Jackal?  undecided

or isn't that an oxymoron right there? you acquiesce when you don't challenge something and simply accept it, unless your royal highness is about to give me a new definition of the word.  grin

hehehehe. . . .class is in session

but i think he meant Presido was insouciantly cheesy acquiescing with Dayokanu.

Even me sef don confuse undecided undecided

debosky:

Just don't adopt Jackal's egregious bombastic tone, it rarely does any good. wink

Egregious as well as Pernicious or just plain destructive.

debosky:

Back to the issue at hand - there IS a town named Everton, but it lies in the South of England close to the coast, the 'Everton' Football Club is based in the city of Liverpool.

It never ceases to amaze me the facts that people keep in their heads.

Who would have thunk it. . . . .Everton is not in Everton.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 7:18pm On Jul 23, 2008
@ Presido,

Everton is a district . . . . . .
It's like saying. . . . .It's not even a town.
Do they have their own postcode, areacode or what??
Everton used to exist in the 18th century. . . . .Liverpool is what its called now or so. . . .
Lemme ask the Pattersons. . . . I will be baq in 20 mins. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 7:53pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hannibal:

@ Debosky,

Whatz with Jackal's egregious bombastic tone.
Ma web analyser is telling me here this is the 50,000th time u would use the word "egregious" in your comment on Nairaland. . .
Are u related to the word?

Someone used it to describe the B.O. of a girl I was admiring in primary school (that boy was a walking dictionary). since then everytime I think of something stinky (e.g Jackal's comments grin grin) the word pops in my head cheesy

@ Doyin

I did consider that he may have been referring to the initial statement by dayokanu. . . . . but I wanted to see if he would use that as a line of defence or come up with some convoluted 'idiomatic' use of the word like hotfunmi tried a few days ago cheesy But now that you've provided a veritable path of escape for the fellow, it matters little now. wink
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 7:59pm On Jul 23, 2008
debosky:

Someone used it to describe the B.O. of a girl I was admiring in primary school (that boy was a walking dictionary). since then everytime I think of something stinky (e.g Jackal's comments grin grin) the word pops in my head cheesy

2 words: You cunt!!! grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 8:02pm On Jul 23, 2008
debosky:

@ Doyin

I did consider that he may have been referring to the initial statement by dayokanu. . . . . but I wanted to see if he would use that as a line of defence or come up with some convoluted 'idiomatic' use of the word like hotfunmi tried a few days ago cheesy But now that you've provided a veritable path of escape for the fellow, it matters little now. wink

Mehn. . .the english na wa.

Are you sure you did Islamic Studies at LAG?
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 8:20pm On Jul 23, 2008
i have been laughing my pants off over the posts here, grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

well, i don't know much about Liverpool and English districts and counties
hence i am not going to join in the existence or not of a certain Everton or not
but something is certain, Rooney is already a club icon and i don't think a criterium to becoming one
is that the club must be from your place of origin
i guess this ends the argument.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by doyin13(m): 8:31pm On Jul 23, 2008
Emperoh:

but something is certain, Rooney is already a club icon and i don't think a criterium to becoming one

Mehn, . . . . .make una dodge

It is a scud missile. . . . , hehehehehe
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by debosky(m): 8:42pm On Jul 23, 2008
doyin13:

Hehehe, just you wait, his father Jackal will come and defend him and say he missed out a word again. grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 8:52pm On Jul 23, 2008
debosky:

Hehehe, just you wait, his father Jackal will come and defend him and say he missed out a word again. grin grin

You are a 2-faced onanist. . . .Anuofia!!!
Of course, this is a web. . . People make mistakes with keys and stuffs. . . . . I can't hang a man for missing a word in his sentence.
I would rather ignore this error than the Arrow u had on ur thread last night.
The poof that said "CHILDS" and was trying to defend himself.
Childs?? Debosky, ur goons are more uneducated than the geezers here. tongue
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by ritchboy(m): 10:05pm On Jul 23, 2008
Debosky, your goons are more uneducated than the geezers here.

does that mean u agree emperoh is uneducated? grin grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 10:39pm On Jul 23, 2008
Wetin dey shele for this place? What is up with all this ogogoro english wey una dey knack for here?

Everton is an inner city ward of Liverpool. Rooney is from Croxteth which is another different ward. There is another Everton in Doncaster. This is all semantics anyway. Jackal prefers to argue over vague inconsequential issues because he cannot hold debate on anything of factual importance without making mistakes. He will even castigate you for making a typing error, yet he makes catastrophic errors in his arguments.

Rooney is a club icon just like Raul is for Madrid, although Raul is originally from Atletico Madrid - and Giggs is also from Man City, yet he is a Utd legend - and Terry is from West Ham yet he is a Chelsea icon - Del Piero is from Padova, but is a Juve legend.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 11:25pm On Jul 23, 2008
Ibime:

Wetin dey shele for this place? What is up with all this ogogoro english wey una dey knack for here?

Everton is an inner city ward of Liverpool. Rooney is from Croxteth which is another different ward. There is another Everton in Doncaster. This is all semantics anyway. Jackal prefers to argue over vague inconsequential issues because he cannot hold debate on anything of factual importance without making mistakes. He will even castigate you for making a typing error, yet he makes catastrophic errors in his arguments.

Rooney is a club icon just like Raul is for Madrid, although Raul is originally from Atletico Madrid - and Giggs is also from Man City, yet he is a Utd legend - and Terry is from West Ham yet he is a Chelsea icon - Del Piero is from Padova, but is a Juve legend.

Ibime, shut ur traps. . . . . .This argument has been trashed and put to bin.
Why dig up bones after burial. . . . . .It seems u just love arguing blindly. . . . if i may say.

The root of the argument was if Wazza is a United icon. . . . . .I said YES, Dayo said NO.
U have just affirmed the same thing i said so whatz with the Jackal arguing over vague inconsequential issues??

Don't make me bounce on ur cranium tonight. . . . . .If u feel like arguing, call Scolari.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Ibime(m): 11:29pm On Jul 23, 2008
Hehehehehe. . . . . take it easy.
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Hannibal: 11:40pm On Jul 23, 2008
U should take it easy and stop triple beaming moi. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by DrKitaun(m): 12:34am On Jul 24, 2008
Ibime:

where u come from sef ? embarassed
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by Emperoh(m): 8:01am On Jul 24, 2008
doyin13:

Most times i wonder what planet some one like you came from
I also really wonder if i owe you any explanation for any error i make
Moreover if we check well, i totally doubt if your knowledge of English language is better than mine
All the same, gloss over the matter and keep checking for spelling errors and mispelt words
Bloody midget, ,,

debosky:

I really doubt if you grew up in a normal society
I guess most certainly that yours, was in the midst of loafers and misfits
If Chacal choses to defend me, why get jealous over that?
go get a life and stop trying to pull words from me mouth. Infact, go borrow a life

ritchboy:

does that mean u agree emperoh is uneducated? grin grin grin
Rat, it doesn't mean as such
It means that the most intelligent man from your place can't stand my kindergarten niece
bloody slowpoke, ,,
Re: Manchester United Fan thread: Forever Reds by tkb417(m): 8:46am On Jul 24, 2008
@Debosky
see you. so na LAG u go? see as Doyin come open ur yansh.
Islamic studies? na islamic studies u take 'loot' for Onitsha?
chei!!!

Which one is Everton a town or not? isnt Everton FC in the city of Liverpool?
The last time i checked, there are 5 boroughs in the Merseyside and Liverpool is one of them. i cant find anything like Everton.

Most def. Rooney is a club icon at United. who says u have to be a native to be a club icon? is Giggs from Manchester?

@Presid01
is Everton FC in the everton town you were talking about? i doubt it

(1) (2) (3) ... (615) (616) (617) (618) (619) (620) (621) ... (784)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) / Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.