Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,717 members, 7,820,500 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:00 PM

Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry (1751 Views)

What Kind Of Woman Would You Love To Marry- Choose (picture) / Man Reportedly Attempts To Marry Spiritual Wife In Ikoyi / What's With Nigerians And Borrowing Money? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by chykeo(m): 5:32pm On Sep 23, 2008
I bought a piece of land from someone who used the money to get married and i know of a guy who borrowed money to get married. I am wondering if it is right for someone to borrow money for marriage when he is tight
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by iice(f): 5:41am On Sep 24, 2008
Starting a married life with debt. How nice.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by MP007(m): 7:50am On Sep 24, 2008
none of the above
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by chisomquee: 2:16pm On Sep 24, 2008
it is wrong,will you borrow to take care of your family after marriage?
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by Aladunni(f): 2:59pm On Sep 24, 2008
its one of the stupidiest things people do these days. borrowing money to marry a woman.

i actually do pity some guys though, when their "sweetheart" wants a gown of #102,000.00, why wont they borrow?
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by rubi(f): 4:22pm On Sep 24, 2008
cut your coat according to your size simple!!!!!!!!
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by bigfather(m): 4:26pm On Sep 24, 2008
If you ain't ready,then don't play the game to win fame !
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by ssRhino: 4:46pm On Sep 24, 2008
The woman will dump the man, when the man cant afford to take care of her or when he stop living a pretence, cos that is what he is doing, he is trying to do what he cant afford.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by Godalone(m): 5:36pm On Sep 24, 2008
Don't borrow money because of marriage,plan for life after marriage.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by plappville(f): 6:08pm On Sep 24, 2008
does it means that the woman will not paticipate in the marriage expenses? if she really want to show big she should be able to surport, abi na by force to do wedding, just go and pay her diary and that is all than paying debt to marry her, that is not what marriage desires. if u are rich u can do a wedding in a big way. like he said,
cut your coat according to your size simple!!!!!!!!
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by ifyalways(f): 1:20am On Sep 25, 2008
iice:

Starting a married life with debt. How nice.
lol
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by chika98: 1:35am On Sep 25, 2008
Whatever happened to the courthouse? I swear some people are dumb!
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by JustGood(m): 10:29am On Sep 25, 2008
You will fast compulsorily to pay back the debt
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by billyall(m): 6:31pm On Oct 30, 2008
nono of the above
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by kokoye(m): 7:19pm On Oct 30, 2008
No biggie. sebi na just to borrow again after the wedding night - and forever grin

borrowing money to wed is living a false life and these are the poeple who steal when they have no access to money. Imagine borrowing money to do burial - the same person you did not take care of when he / she was alive.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by spikedcylinder: 7:39pm On Oct 30, 2008
Borrow money to marry? You will just run down. tongue undecided
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by Flakybaby(f): 10:30pm On Oct 30, 2008
shocked shocked shocked Wonders shall never end, hw long will he keep borrowing, he should better cut his coat according 2 his materials.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by damiso(f): 12:32pm On Oct 31, 2008
What a foundation to build a life on?Debt is something one should avoid at all costs especially for frivoulous stuff.I learnt one good thing for my husband and that is if i cant afford it now,il save for it and if i can t that means i don' t really need it.I remeber having a budget for everything for my wedding and decided not to exceed it(at least not considerably) and maybe it was just God's grace i actually got alot of things far less than i budgeted.We just made up our minds that we still had loads of other things to do after the wedding and debt was not something we wanted hanging around our necks.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by JJYOU: 12:38pm On Oct 31, 2008
foolishness. he probably was born april 1st
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by bababuff(m): 12:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
What's the big deal?  angry angry
Why all these sermons because people borrowed money for  their wedding.  undecided undecided

Lets's face the fact, it is done everywhere, and we don't have to pretend. Wedding day is a memorable day in a couples life, and if they have to borrow some money to make it a grand day for themselves let them do it.

My younger brother's friend who got married last year had to borrow some money from his bank (he works there) for the wedding. He nets about N300k every month and we needed about N800k to finalise the wedding, so he borrowed N1m form the bank, and we had a classic wedding that was the talk of the town. He will finish paying the loan by December.

I believe that if you have a good job and a solid plan to pay back the loan, please go ahead and borrow to give yourself the best wedding.

After all, are we not borrowing to by cars, house, and even pay rents nowadays?   So why not borrow to marry a man/woman if you really love him/her?  grin grin grin
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by JJYOU: 1:17pm On Oct 31, 2008
he should not be a banker with his mentality. people living in the ocean of debt is ruinning the economies of US and UK as we speak.
borrowing to pay rents? nice one
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by Godalone(m): 1:27pm On Oct 31, 2008
bababuff:

What's the big deal? angry angry
Why all these sermons because people borrowed money for their wedding. undecided undecided

Lets's face the fact, it is done everywhere, and we don't have to pretend. Wedding day is a memorable day in a couples life, and if they have to borrow some money to make it a grand day for themselves let them do it.

My younger brother's friend who got married last year had to borrow some money from his bank (he works there) for the wedding. He nets about N300k every month and we needed about N800k to finalise the wedding, so he borrowed N1m form the bank, and we had a classic wedding that was the talk of the town. He will finish paying the loan by December.

I believe that if you have a good job and a solid plan to pay back the loan, please go ahead and borrow to give yourself the best wedding

After all, are we not borrowing to by cars, house, and even pay rents nowadays? So why not borrow to marry a man/woman if you really love him/her? grin grin grin
Lol
Your brother is indeed a loving husband who went to the extent of borrowing money for marriage just to impress people.He will balance the debt by december,this guy is funny.This is a waste of resources.I wanted a very big wedding but my wife did not want it so we have to make it minimal.My brother it is not a good thing to be paying debt after wedding.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by bababuff(m): 1:28pm On Oct 31, 2008
JJYOU:

he should not be a banker with his mentality. people living in the ocean of debt is ruinning the economies of US and UK as we speak.
borrowing to pay rents? nice one

What mentality? So bankers don't borrow money?
Do you for once, think that the world economies are been run by cash and carry methods we use in Idumota or Yaba?  grin grin grin
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by ud4u: 1:32pm On Oct 31, 2008
Borrowing is borrowing whether to buy a car or to marry. If you can borrow to buy a car that can be snatched away by armed robber tomorrow then why not borrow to marry.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by bababuff(m): 1:47pm On Oct 31, 2008
Godalone:

Lol
Your brother is indeed a loving husband who went to the extent of borrowing money for marriage just to impress people.He will balance the debt by december,this guy is funny.This is a waste of resources.I wanted a very big wedding but my wife did not want it so we have to make it minimal.My brother it is not a good thing to be paying debt after wedding.

Yes you said it, you listened to your sweetheart.

The deal is don't get a loan, if you have no plans of paying back or cant afford it. Why are people so afraid of taking loans? Most sound businesses are built on loans or facilities from banks.

I am sure you see new cars on the road nowdays, because guys can now afford to take loans and buy good cars. The generations before us had to save for years to even afford tokunbo cars, whereas new graduates employed last year are already cruising around in new cars because banks know they have the potentials to pay back.

"Let your future pay for what you want today" - authentic BabaBuff quote   grin grin grin
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by JJYOU: 1:52pm On Oct 31, 2008
bababuff:

What mentality? So bankers don't borrow money?
Do you for once, think that the world economies are been run by cash and carry methods we use in Idumota or Yaba?  grin grin grin
i wont sit here and argue this with you.  if he was a banker he would never approve such loans to others  because it does not make good lending sence. not even lending on compassionate grounds.
Do you for once, think that the world economies are been run by cash and carry methods we use in Idumota or Yaba?
solid economies lend to people and businesses with viable proposals.  check out the economies in trouble at the moment you will find cheap and irresponsible lending and borrowing. it is always boom and borsts economies.  you have seen how much banks need to cover the irresponsible lendings.

i am all for big weddings. i just had one myself but i am seriously against buy now pay later. it is an irresponsible lifestyle. what is wrong in doing small weddings which you can afford? who are they trying to please?

just in case you are not aware money wahala is the number 1 thing that stresses most marriages towards divorce and you know this is how it starts.  who sets the standard of how your marriage should be other than your wallet and brains. what next borrowing to pay dowry?
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by JJYOU: 1:57pm On Oct 31, 2008
Godalone:

Lol
thank you. you married a good and sensible wife. wedding is a day marriage is for life time
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by abujabooks(f): 10:31pm On Oct 31, 2008
Wrong thing 2 do.

Use whatever u hv to get married. Don't borrow.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by desthan(m): 4:42pm On Nov 22, 2008
if na ikwerre man for Rivers state do am i no go surprise, na their typical way be dat, dem fit sell one land / property 100 times grin. After dem go buy one 190benz join put to enhance their movement, problem dey ooooo wink
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by Angolobabe(f): 7:44pm On Nov 22, 2008
non of the above.
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by lucabrasi(m): 8:12pm On Nov 22, 2008
desthan:

if na ikwerre man for Rivers state do am i no go surprise, na their typical way be that, them fit sell one land / property 100 times grin. After them go buy one 190benz join put to enhance their movement, problem dey ooooo wink
grin grin grin grin r u sure you r not ali baba or i go die lol lol
Re: Borrowing Money Or Selling Property To Marry by MrCrackles(m): 8:19pm On Nov 22, 2008
I think people should only get married when they can afford to and spend within thier means!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Help! My Wife Is Killing Me By The Day! / E Gba Mi! My Wife Packed Out At Last / How Do You Tackle A Mother That Doesnt Approve Your Wife Even After Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.