Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,402 members, 7,815,876 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:09 PM

An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master (7990 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master / Tb Joshua's Secret Exposed by Ex-Muslim (Bisola Johnson). Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 5:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
I have come to admire pilgrim1 and the unique perspective she brings to the religious threads.
Statistics tell us that 6 million born Muslims in Africa alone become Christians per year.
That is 667/hour
16000/day
that was the statistics from the Muslim cleric Al Quataani on Al Jezeera.
How true that is,I don't know
But what I do know is that right here on nairaland, I know a few including my sister and friend pilgrim1
she has graciously agreed to give an insight into Islam as she was taught and why she became a soldier of Christ.
Please let all contributors be respectful.
This may be an eye opening thread.
I am also willing to learn.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 5:47pm On Sep 25, 2008
First off Pilgrim1, I thank the Lord who has called us all from darkness into his marvellous light.
can you tell us a bit about growing up from a Muslim background.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 6:05pm On Sep 25, 2008
was pilgrim a muslim?
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 6:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
Thank you again, Queenisha, for this invitation. Actually, a lot of people (including Catholics, non-religious friends and a few Muslims) who visit the forum in this section have hinted the same thing, but I was not quite sure if the time for me to do so was ripe enough.

All the same, I shall try between times to make inputs - although it may not be chronological in order of events. First, I would like to say a few things from the limited perspective of my own experience (so readers should please understand that I do not speak for the whole Muslim ummah
). Then going on from there, develop my naratives with a few highlights that are germane to what I ultimately will share. Perhaps, it might help a few who may not be conversant with Muslim terms if I offer simplistic paraphrases where applicable. . . yada-yada-yada.
Okay, here:

I count myself a very fortunate person, having grown up from a humble background, the 3rd child out of 5 brilliant minds from my wonderful parents. Ours was a moderate Muslim family who believed the Quran with all our hearts as the literal word of Allah, and Muhammad as the most noble and last prophet among all those who were prophets. Consequently, we kept our muslim rites with diginity and pride; and whenever any misfortune befell anyone, we simply did not question it and ascribed it to the will of Allah. Certainly, we were very proud to be among "the best of mankind", for our sect in Islam held that very belief as a core value.

Growing Up

My dad was very protective of us children. I never saw a man who was as loving towards his family, or yet as religious in his devotions. He inspired us with his example of deep hunger for knowledge, never boasting of his credentials even though he was widely read. Naturally, I had warmed my way to his heart and 'overthrew' my siblings in the competition for his affection and attention - mostly because I was the most troublesome, rascally, argumentative and often screamed with loud sobs until I got my way. Ironically, I was often bullied in school and would run home to cry my eyes out, instigating my elder brothers to go slap some heads around. often, they would pretend to make a lot of noise but left me to fend for myself.

Our relations with neighbours were cordial. Since our parents respected people, we were brought up never to speak derogatorily about anyone. Trust us, while I and my siblings said 'amin' to that injunction, we would run around and abuse everyone in the neighbourhood. Our parents knew how to handle us - very gently reminding us of being thrown to hell with unbelievers - the kafir/infidel. For me, it was worse than that - because as a young female, it was only from my dad I heard that women far out numbered males in hell. All the same, we had the fortune of being loved by our parents.

We lost almost everything when the then Lagos State government relocated people from Maroko because the place was to be developed for new residents and businesses. I was away on holiday in the north (Kano) and arrived Lagos as a lost child. The cohesion we enjoyed in the Muslim community in Eti Osa easily helped me reconnect with my family, and we found a place to settle in Ipaja.

I was looking forward to returning to school when the fortune came for us to travel abroad. Briefly, I've travelled extensively around Europe, visited home several times and then finally . . em. .  fell in love. The problem was that he was a Christian, and for a Muslim lady to date a Christian man was just simply a violation of our belief in Islam. But that incident opened my eyes to the realities of my faith - where do I go from here?

To be continued. . .

2 Likes 4 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 6:20pm On Sep 25, 2008
rampagain:

was pilgrim a muslim?

I was.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 6:25pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I was.

huh i never knew

dat aside pls tell us more . . . . . . . . . . so u fell inlove with a christian and then wat happend,my ears and eyes r itching,plsssss sweets tell me more kiss
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by JeSoul(f): 6:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
Pilgrim, I praise God for your life immensely and I have no doubt lives will be touched n changed by your testimony here . . . I am reading with great interest! please do proceed  smiley

Queenisha, fantastic idea! and I'm glad Pilgrim obliged. The muslims will not take this one quietly but we hope it changes someones life. Olabowale will soon come in here and start talking about trinity, whether Jesus is a christian etc . . . cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by manmustwac(m): 6:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
Pilgrim1 So what events made u become a christian then?
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 6:43pm On Sep 25, 2008
Hehe. . . I will share periodically. I'm just too shy just now, but will overcome my blushing and put some more.

JeSoul:

Olabowale will soon come in here and start talking about trinity, whether Jesus is a christian etc . . . cheesy

Lol, when he does, make una just blank am. He go get the message that this thread is not for arguments but a friendly sharing of testimonies that have touched our lives as Christians. I hope the moderators will help us tidy this thread and clean it up of such invasion if they ever occur.

Shalom.

4 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 6:44pm On Sep 25, 2008
manmustwac:

Pilgrim1 So what events made You become a christian then?

I will share them, but I don't want to jump and skip between lines - that's why I'm taking it logically. Several things actually happened that turned me inside out and opened my eyes to a lot. They will be shared subsequently.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 7:00pm On Sep 25, 2008
@pilgrim

if i was wt u right now,i would have hijacked u long time and locked u up inside one room,to hear d whole story sharp sharp grin grin

take it easy,and dont rush
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2008
Continued. . .

So, I fell in love with a Christian, not so much because he was unashamed to be identified as one; but more because he was intelligent, terribly handsome and everyone was talking about him. It wasn't long before I also terrorised drove away all my rivals with assertiveness and got him to notice me.

the big thing, however, was that I was too scared to let anyone at home know. I also thought that if I could get him to be devoted to me (not that I was even that pretty like Beyonce), then he would soon want to propose and then be converted to Islam.

We kept our "secret" going for a while; but sooner than later we got talking about our faith and God. The thing that struck me was that he never argued back. Smiling, he would listen to my rants for ages, and I could see his European face blush with embarrassment, and then when I was done, we talked about other things. . especially about Nigeria. He had always wanted to see Africa, and here was the girl that was pumping up his adrenaline towards that visit.

It was never to happen. They moved to another state in the USA - and he had not even stopped by to let me know. I was so embarrassed in class when someone else broke the news, and thought within myself: "ye right! the Christian he was!" Moments later that very day, I got a letter from him, explaining why he could not come to our house to speak to me - because of my "radical father".

That semester was tough for me, and I spent too much time thinking about him that I failed my exams. But I had woken up to ask a lot of questions about why we were so divided if we believed in the same 'God'?

I healed from it, fell in love again with yet another Christian. This time, I didn't waste anytime breaking the news to my mum. She wisely asked me to speak to my dad about it. Three weeks passed before I did. Smiling, he only asked his name. I had barely pronounced his name before he said that I needed to prepare for a very important trip with him to Pakistan. The thing about my dad is that he never forced us to do anything; but this time I saw the stern warning and knew better than to object. I'll skip the visit to Pakistan and come back to it later. Suffice to say that I had to swallow my words when I witnessed the hudood law, and that again brought serious questions to my mind.

I hate you!

My boyfriend's place was one of my first port of calls when I returned to Georgia, USA. Being a moderate muslimah wasn't a problem mingling in school with friends in the democracy of the West. He welcomed me warmly, shook my hands and accorded me all the respects. I didn't waste time presenting my souvenirs to him - an English translation of the Quran by Yusuf Ali. Thanking me, he did what most Muslims find very offensive - he placed the Quran on his coffee table! But that was my mistake, because I belonged to the sect in Islam who believed that the hands of a kafir/infidel should never touch the Quran. I snatched it up, walked out and promised myself I was never going back to their home.

A few weeks passed, he always tried to call but I never answered. Meanwhile, I had begun to wonder about the strange appearance of Christian literature in my dad's study. I never questioned him about this, but thought he was arming himself with information to deflate Christian apologists. There were churches all over Atlanta where we lived, and I thought some fellows had been trying to make an impression on my dad - they were in for serious shock (or so I thought).

My Christian boyfriend went away to Afghanistan, having been conscripted to fight the tyrannical taliban. Not that it was any concern of mine, but I begged him not to go, giving the excuse that killing a muslim was seriously earning him hell from Allah. He thanked me, but his mum persuaded him to obey the call of his government. When I discovered what had happened, I prayed for him every single day - but 2 weeks on the battlefield, and he was dead!

Typical of my mindset, I called the mother. When she picked the phone, I yelled into the receiver: "I hate you! You killed my only love!!" She thanked me, and hung up. As a muslim, I didn't attend the funeral (although the democracy of USA was protective enough for me to have done so). However, his sister persuaded me to visit them - and I did. After we settled, the mother (with tears in her eyes and a painful smile), began by saying - (I can't remember everything she said though):

"I'm sorry that *Kylie went to war. And I'm sorry he was your love.
                  But I'm his mother, and I have no one to share my hurt. People have
                  said the same things to me; but I can understand your own hurt -
                  because he was the man you had fallen in love with."

Then she gave me a letter Kylie had written shortly before he left:

"Dear **pilgrim.1 (**actually he used my name),

Life is strange, but whatever happens,
                   I want you to know that I may not come back
                   but I love you so so much it hurts to leave you.

Yea, I like your Nigerian accent. . . funny.
                   but I want you to know I and your dad have been talking
                   - ask him, he would tell you. The man loves Jesus more than you know!
                   I do as well, and I deeply long for you know the Jesus you never met!

*Kylie, in pure love from Christ."

I left without a word, and went home to ask my dad a question: "Has Kylie been talking church with you?" "No," he said, "he didn't talk church, he talked about Jesus Christ!"

*Kylie was his pseudonym, not real name.

to be continued. . .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 7:26pm On Sep 25, 2008
rampagain:

@pilgrim

if i was wt You right now,i would have hijacked You long time and locked You up inside one room,to hear d whole story sharp sharp grin grin

take it easy,and don't rush

Lol. . . I won't rush. wink

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 7:29pm On Sep 25, 2008
JeSoul:

Pilgrim, I praise God for your life immensely and I have no doubt lives will be touched n changed by your testimony here . . . I am reading with great interest! please do proceed smiley

Queenisha, fantastic idea! and I'm glad Pilgrim obliged. The muslims will not take this one quietly but we hope it changes someones life. Olabowale will soon come in here and start talking about trinity, whether Jesus is a christian etc . . . cheesy

thanks dear.
I'm almost jumping off my seat with her responses.
Jesus is indeed Lord!

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 7:33pm On Sep 25, 2008
_Queenisha:

Jesus is indeed Lord!

Yes, He is. Halleluyah! cheesy

Perhaps I should just cut to the chase and go directly to my conversion. What do you think? undecided
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
May the Lord bless those who started this thread and you pilgrim.1.
I'm reading this with immense anticipation.
Our God is more than awesome . . . in Him only can a man face death with so much candour, hope and courage.

No cut any chase o, pls even if it takes 22 days to write it all we are waiting. thank you

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
emmm i guess i will skip dinner today

pilgrim continue abeg,d tension is too much here grin grin
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 7:37pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Yes, He is. Halleluyah! cheesy

Perhaps I should just cut to the chase and go directly to my conversion. What do you think? undecided

Not yet.
That'll be like eating the cheese cake before the jollof rice. grin
What were you taught growing up

about Christians and Jews?
the plan of allah ?
your regular rituals to please Allah
things like that

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 7:44pm On Sep 25, 2008
Many thanks for the contributions so far. What I aprreciate more is that this thread is not going as a solo for pilgrim.1 - and as many people make inputs, it would warm the thread a bit more.

_Queenisha:

What were you taught growing up

about Christians and Jews?
the plan of allah ?
your regular rituals to please Allah
things like that

Thanks for helping to bring focus so that I don't just yan on endlessly. I will tailor my gist according to the neat questions provided - although I had mentioned one of them: the hell thingy.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by huxley(m): 7:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
Very good post Pilgrim. Can't wait for more.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 8:01pm On Sep 25, 2008
why am i shedding tears cry cry cry

nice story
pls keep em coming
am itchin 2 hear it all

its just like a movie script
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 8:18pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Jesoul: lol. Pilgrim.1 is still young. I will give her another 20 years. Tops or sooner.

Babs787 used to be a die hard Christian. Today he is a good musim.

My dear Pilgrim.1, continue with your story. Remember that Allah says in the
Qur'an that those who left islam, and then the came back, and then the left
it again, and then the came back, again,

It is not unusual to be anything before you are 40 years old. Even when you are over
40, the accepted age of wisdom, you can abandone islam and yet, if you have any
good in your heart, as even as small as a grain of mustard, Allah has the power to
direct your life back to Light upon light (Surah Nur), away from the temporary
darkness you plunge yourself in, right this minute.

All repentances are acceptable, until the repentance at death. The type that Fir'awn
was making at the time he was drowning.

I am confident that you will find your way back out of darkness. Just become the big
engineer first.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 8:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Many thanks for the contributions so far. What I aprreciate more is that this thread is not going as a solo for pilgrim.1 - and as many people make inputs, it would warm the thread a bit more.

Thanks for helping to bring focus so that I don't just yan on endlessly. I will tailor my gist according to the neat questions provided - although I had mentioned one of them: the hell thingy.

So far it's been beautiful.
Got saddened a bit by the death of your heart throb.
He's in glory,praise be to God!
For to die is gain
do it anyway you want it.
This is your thread wink
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 8:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
olabowale:

@Jesoul: lol. Pilgrim.1 is still young. I will give her another 20 years. Tops or sooner.

Babs787 used to be a die hard Christian. Today he is a good musim.

My dear Pilgrim.1, continue with your story. Remember that Allah says in the
Qur'an that those who left islam, and then the came back, and then the left
it again, and then the came back, again,

It is not unusual to be anything before you are 40 years old. Even when you are over
40, the accepted age of wisdom, you can abandone islam and yet, if you have any
good in your heart, as even as small as a grain of mustard, Allah has the power to
direct your life back to Light upon light (Surah Nur), away from the temporary
darkness you plunge yourself in, right this minute.

All repentances are acceptable, until the repentance at death. The type that Fir'awn
was making at the time he was drowning.

I am confident that you will find your way back out of darkness. Just become the big
engineer first.

we don hear
oya forward match grin
pilgrim please you can also tell us what allah says about the highlighted part including people like you

3 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 8:26pm On Sep 25, 2008
I thot we were to ignore olabowale? undecided
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 8:27pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

I left without a word, and went home to ask my dad a question: "Has Kylie been talking church with you?" "No," he said, "he didn't talk church, he talked about Jesus Christ!"
to be continued. . .

continued. . .

How come my dad is speaking of Jesus this way? There was something warm and genial in his voice as he spoke; but I thought he was trying his best to help me heal after Kylie's demise.

I made so many friends and didn't really care where they came from - Muslims, Christians, Mormons, atheists, adherents of the Grail Message (learnt from several of them that they don't like people referring to them as Grail Messengers). After my elder brother graduated, he quickly got a job as an analyst in a computing firm. The money was big, and he soon settled. But his success also meant that I could get whatever I wanted - still in school, the 'baby' of the family, dady's girl, etc. But, of course, I faced temptations such as was common to everyone. The difference was that by religious convictions, we were encouraged to pursue modesty, but quite in a legalistic manner.

It Begins to Heat Up!

One good thing about the democracy of the West is that people are free to be themselves. Democracy was not a gift of Islam to anybody; but in such an engalitarian culture, I was free to attend masjid (mosque) in the section for women and pray, perform my rites. . . and on very few occasions try to listen to preachers give lectures. At this point, unfortunately, the real issues of my belief system had begun to be seriously questioned.

What was I taught while growing up? So many things about life in genral. In specific terms, we believed that our ummah (the entire Muslim community in contrast to other religious groups) were the "best among mankind". Others were going to hell for rejecting Allah and Muhammad; and it doesn't matter what we as Muslims did, we shall enter jannah (paradise). I liked the sound of all this, until the real question of my place in Islam made me think deeply; especially because as a woman, our sect in Islam believed the doctrine that those who were more in number in hell were women. I never liked discssuing that point; so I acoided it as much as possible.

However, there were other sects in Islam that were more condescending than our sect. They didn't believe in demonizing women, nor were they inclined to the grey areas of human reality. I had friends in such sects; generally, whether or not we said it openly or privately, we all belonged to the group which saw Jews and Christians with seething disaffection.

As I grew up and wasn't running after oyinbo boys anymore (they came chasing me now), those I met were often interested in their faith. I learnt so many things from a lot of them, but up until now I don't know what was attracting me to Christians even though I knew deep in my heart I so hated them. My excuses were that they were responsible for all the evil of the West, all the degradable things in humanity was brought about by their corruption. . . and one day, they would all be vanquished: it was a matter of time! Please note: there are genuine Muslims who are not belligerent, and up until now I have so many friends among them. But while our parents were serious in their devotions and moderate with extreme issues, I had the sad misfortune of being steeped into some extremist elemtal thinking. I'm sorry, but that is the truth (although, thankfully, our sect never encoraged women to participate directly in Jihad).

Wake Up and Smell the Coffee!!

Fast forward. After several debates with a few people, I had quickly been recognized as a local champion, most feared more because of my very saucy language in debates than for my intelligence. I was praised by my friends, and was so deluded for a moment enjoying the ridicule I put Christians to. The Jews I encountered, surprisingly were very intelligent and did not believe in shouting. They, like the Christians, showed a bit more respect and love. So, how was I able to shut the mouths of Christians? Well, I simply spent hours on end at skeptic and atheistic websites to harvest loads of very demeaning quotes and arguments against them!

During this time, my dad was no longer attending masjid (although I don't know when exactly he converted and became a Christian). As children, we didn't bother to ask him about it, because there were many muslims around us as well who were not too keen about attending masjid (mosque). What people don't realise was that even in Atlanta, there were evidently extreme elements who made it their duty to "eliminate" defecters and "apostates". I knew all this - I knew that it only would take just a report and the 'apostate' is quitely 'removed' from daylight.

So, I kept on with this attitude, castigating Christians and Jewish beliefs with more vehemence. You see, what was even giving me this cowardly boldness (oxymoron) was that we could say anything against others; but they could not do the same to Islam! Although no one cried about a blasphemy Law in Atlanta, we believed that we were well protected in the USA culture to slur Christianity and threaten them if they dared do the same to our belief!

Yet again, I had a softspot for another Christian. His father was an atheist, but they yet lived happily and peacefully among themselves. I look back with tears in my eyes and regret for the many evil things I did personally to him, his family and his belief as a Christian. His father liked me so much he would invite me to upset this gentleman. But hey, he never for one day stop praying for me. I challenged him with a rhetoric: "Since you started praying for me, has you Jesus answered you? Don't you see that you're so **$(%** to be a Christian? Christianity does not work - as prophet Muhammad said!"

His answer? It shocked me - and it happened in just that manner. This is what he said:

"I know Jesus has answered me. He only asked me to be patient
            and to keep praying for you. He said the sign you will see is that
            your dad will call Me "Lord" with his lips. You will hear him say this,
            and you cannot stop him!"

I was scared, but laughed him to scorn. His atheist father liked my scorning; and I left home more dazed than when I began. There was something so unmistakable in his voice that I just couldn't woosh it away.

Then one day, I heard he was terribly ill. What surprised me was that he had requested to see me. What's he up to?

To be continued. . .

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 8:35pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim ooooo help me abeg

this tension is too much grin grin grin grin

so when he sent for You,what happened?
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 8:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Davidylan: « #15 on: Today at 07:37:10 PM »  

May the Lord bless those who started this thread and you pilgrim.1.
I'm reading this with immense anticipation.
Our God is more than awesome . . . in Him only can a man face death with so much candour, hope and courage.

And the muslims say the same with MUCH GREATER CANDOUR, you get bent out of shape. You call them names. Hypocrite, you David. A big one at that.

Go sidon. Let me enjoy Pilgrim.1 story in pleasantries. Then afterward, I will nail it to the cross. It will be finished!
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by LASIEFAIRE(m): 8:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
I'm enjoying it.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Frizy(m): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2008
This is a story that really makes me feel sober. I will never advice Muslim girls to engage themselves with a Christian man no matter how handsome he may appear.
Pligrim.1 I know how it feels to be in love, but you could have seen some Muslim men who were more attractive and intelligent than the Christians who kept meeting. I never knew you were Muslim, you are always fighting against the Islamic principles on nairaland, I mean don't you think you may be wrong afterall?
For those (Muslims) who have ears, don't give in or allow people to change your minds concerning Allah, He is truly your Lord.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 8:53pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Then one day, I heard he was terribly ill. What surprised me was that he had requested to see me. What's he up to?

To be continued. . .

continued. . .

I delayed to go and see my ill friend boyfriend. I was in love; but I had been driven more with hate for his being a Christian than for his being a human being. Please understand: this was just me, it does not mean that is the very same attitude every Muslim takes.

When I finally went over, my plan was to ridicule and cajole him  more that his prayers have failed him - and it was time to convert to Islam! I knew he was in love with me; here was my chance to pressure this guy to be a Muslim so that we would be married.

Hold on, let me here say that before this time, I knew or had the feeling that my dad was slipping away from his muslim faith. He read the Quran less, read more of the Bible (I don't know if my mum or any one of my siblings knew, as I was always very free to play in his study). I was so filled with such hate that for Allah's sake I would blew the whistle if I was the first to know that he was a Christian. Night after night, I would spy on him. . . he would either be reading the Bible; or would simply be studying for his Ph.D. I remember asking him for some notes in his Bible study so that I could be better armed to shoot the killer bullet at Christian apologists. But he would often smile and dismiss me.

Then one day, I went downstairs after having been suddenly woken up. I saw my dad bent over on his knees - arms spread out, and I knew he was not praying to Allah! Muslims surely did not bow the way he was bowed! So, I crept silently towards him and saw his face. .  glsitening with tears. His eyes were so gently shut, but he was evidently out of this world. You only need to be there to understand that there are times when people who are filled with the Spirit are so disconnected and fearless that they are too confident nothing around them can harm them!

But here was the shocker: I heard my dad praying to Jesus!! I was dazed, angry, and yet too powerless to even move! What betrayal! What wickedness! What blasphemy! I thought. As I grimaced at both what I was hearing and seeing, I made to move, and yet there was this inexplicable power that stood me there and drew my interest to keep listening to what my dad was saying. then I heard what broke me:

". . . even though I cannot preach, I trust You to save my family, Lord Jesus!!"

That was it! Now, this guy is gonna pay with his. . . his very life! And I was the one who's gonna blow the whistle on him! So I crawled away, my thirst was gone even though I had not drunk the water I came down for in the first place, and I slumped on my bed! What was I going to do? Please forgive me - that was the past me before I became a Christian. I was filled with hate that wee hour of the morning that I cursed and swore at him till daybreak. When we went down for breakfast, my mum knew that something was wrong - my face said it all. But I was determined to tell on "him". This "him" was my dad, but I didn't care one scooby! angry I was so filled with hate that I wonder that I was ever delivered from it!

Now back to my boyfriend. I had planned to go over and mock the daylight out of him. Afterall, his Jesus had "failed" him, and it was his misfortune that his dad was an atheist. When I get there, I would simply smile sarcastically and ask him to beg Jesus to heal him. I was so sure it would fail to avail him. . . but I went anyways.

to be continued. . .

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 8:59pm On Sep 25, 2008
Folks, could I come back and post the sequel after the heat cools? I don't want to be the center of attraction here. Jesus Christ changed my life; and that is Who gets the glory. How He did this is what I will share next.

God bless. wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Anti-atheism In Nigeria / What Was The Forbidden Fruit? / If A 2month Old Baby Dies , Where Will He Go ?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.