Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,292 members, 7,829,668 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master (8007 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master / Tb Joshua's Secret Exposed by Ex-Muslim (Bisola Johnson). Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by ayinba1(f): 11:57pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

. But he insisted and said calmly:

'. . . He wants you to see what He can do; because He said your dad called Him "LORD!"'

Just as more of a joke than anything else, I obliged to pray as a "Christian". . . the only problem was that I would never call Jesus "Lord", and I yet I did not know how to pray a Christian prayer. My boyfriend said Christian prayer was not a ritual; I could pray just as I would have a frank conversation with Jesus.

So, I closed my eyes and (although being sarcastic in my heart), I blurted out: "Jesus, please heal *Joe." I paused, not knowing what next to say. . . and I was about to stutter the subsequent sentence when Joe rolled off the couch and started slowly jumping up! He ran and hugged me and started shouting praises to Jesus Christ! What?!? What was happening here? Whether I believed it or not, Joe had been instantly healed!
Confused, scared, and defeated, I ran home, flung myself to the floor and half-cried and half-prayed that Jesus should be my Saviour. I craved peace, love and deliverance! I wanted Him for real. Please! Please! O pleeeeease!

Interesting pilgrim! Until this, sorry I couldn't resist but girl, you've been had big time!

"

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 12:00am On Sep 26, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: « #39 on: Today at 10:14:25 PM »  

@Olabowale,

Let me explain something to you: this is not a debate on theological issues between Christianity and Islam. I never passed myself off as an expert on Islam at anytime on nairaland. Your point is noted; but you missed the fact that I stated clearly that I was driven by naivety at the time - but became the wiser to stop swallowing what the mullah have always told and started searching for answers myself. Thank you again, but please don't waste your time desperately seeking loopholes - it may do you more harm than good.

I did not say you claimed to be an expert. But to actually pass your story as the truth from God the Almighty Creator, about the true issue of true religion with God, will be less than honest.

An Onishongo person could just be as convinced as your "boyfriend," who told you that your dad will call Jesus god. I guess he did call Jesus god. Either case, it still does not change the fact that the Creator of Adam is One and it was not Jesus that created Adam!

I could tell Zainab, an Owerri princess, a UN Lawyer to tell you her own revertion to Islam. He mother, who is in Lagos is just about to revert to Islam. Oh, my mother Victoria, who is now Mariam used to be a Christian.

Babs 787 and his late father (ra), used to be Christians. All I know is that as a muslim then, you had a bad Iman. But who guarantees that you will not revert to islam before you die at old age?
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by smile4kenn(m): 12:01am On Sep 26, 2008
@pilgrim1

Thank you for having time to type and share this story with us, I cant just stop praying right now
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 12:03am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

I did not say you claimed to be an expert. But to actually pass your story as the truth from God the Almighty Creator, about the true issue of true religion with God, will be less than honest.

An Onishongo person could just be as convinced as your "boyfriend," who told you that your dad will call Jesus god. I guess he did call Jesus god. Either case, it still does not change the fact that the Creator of Adam is One and it was not Jesus that created Adam!

I could tell Zainab, an Owerri princess, a UN Lawyer to tell you her own revertion to Islam. He mother, who is in Lagos is just about to revert to Islam. Oh, my mother Victoria, who is now Mariam used to be a Christian.

Babs 787 and his late father (ra), used to be Christians. All I know is that as a muslim then, you had a bad Iman. But who guarantees that you will not revert to islam before you die at old age?

Uncle, you have an entire board all to yourself to post your own stories there.
Why does this grieve you all so?

Jesus is alive, His mercy endures forever . . . run away from now till tomorrow but you cant deny that the awesome presence of God continues to draw you to threads that glorify the King of Kings and the Lord of Lords. Dont worry your own testimony will surpass this one in Jesus name.

But pls help us and kindly not interrupt the thread again.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 12:04am On Sep 26, 2008
davidylan:

errm . . . ma'am lets not lose focus here . . . it isnt about Pilgrim.1 but about the saving grace of a dying Saviour who while we were yet sinners commended His love towards us. As difficult as it may be let us not lose sight of the fact that Christ is the one who shld be glorified.

If i have learnt one thing from this story, it is to open my big mouth and no longer be ashamed to share my faith with whoever will caare to listen. Sad but many of us (me inclusive) have friends that we love so much and we are too afraid to "lose" the relationship if we dare speak about Jesus. Lord forgive us and help us to be stronger in the face of a godless world.

One of my colleagues is Pakistani.
Very wonderful physician,he's also my mother's doctor.
I have come very close to sharing the gospel with him but I always draw back because I don't want to be seen as "preaching on the job"
Or harassing a Muslim on the job
People are hungry for Christ .
It's amazing.
I've prayed for patients being examined, I've prayed for office staff.
All I did was listen to their problems and ask if I could tell them about Jesus and his healing power.
And I've never had anyone say no

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:06am On Sep 26, 2008
davidylan:

don't worry your own testimony will surpass this one in Jesus name.

Amen and Amen! There is nothing impossible that Jesus Christ cannot do for anyone who will trust Him.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by ayinba1(f): 12:07am On Sep 26, 2008
@pilgrim

Please pls pls, post Abdul's real email. No one should send threatening emails to you for making a choice. I am not sure you want anyone to objectively evaluate your experience but I notice a pattern here.

You did not just use expletives against your dad! And then repeat it for us to see?
pilgrim.1 link=topic=175953.:

Since you started praying for me, has you Jesus answered you? Don't you see that you're so **$(%** to be a Christian? Christianity does not work - as prophet Muhammad said
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by reindeer: 12:09am On Sep 26, 2008
WOW!

reading through her story, i cant help but start feeling like hearing my late mum talking to me again, she always spoke of some 'peace' you'll enjoy the day you embrace jesus, bla bla bla., i just never believed her, i told her christianity was for emotional people who dont reason quite well.its strange right now, i actually feel that peace through the writer's words, the soft comfort i hope to find someday.
i dont know,can u pls pray for me people?i feel as is some part of me wants to experience that peace too.allthough i still have nagging questions about the person of this God that jesus is a part of.

pls let no one distract you from what you are sharing,you never know what may be achieved through it or who can have some rest through it

pls dont bother responding to arguments and insinuations, just share on.the arguments can go on another thread.

im reading with great interest.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 12:12am On Sep 26, 2008
ayinba1:

Interesting pilgrim! Until this, sorry I couldn't resist but girl, you've been had big time!

"

I stand here as a testimony that instant healing is real.
I was 10 years old
In my village for Chistmas with my parents.
This group of SU guys were shooting a movie in an open area next to our home and I went there with my baby brother
The movie was about hell and was very scary to me as a child.
I also had this very bad harmattan cough that plagued me sincewe arrived the village

Anyway after the movie,the preached a while and asked people who were sick to raise their hands.I did
They asked us to place it where it hurt and if we couldn't reach it to place it our chest,I did
And they prayed a simple prayer and Instantaneously as Jehovah is my witness,that cough was gone.

That was my first encounter that God is truly powerful
This was way before I gave my life to Christ so don't tell me miracles don't happen.
I have experienced one myself
and there's more but let me not change the subject

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:12am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

Thank you, dear sir. There are many people who would not believe anything even if it happened in front of them. I used to be like that and worse; but one thing I know is that 3 miracles and more would be too much for me to deny:

(a) the instant healing of *Joe

(b) my mum's conversion after pretending religious cover up

(c) my elder brother's healing from mental problems.

If I was lying, what would I benefit myself? I don't want a theological argument; Jesus changed my life, and He is my Lord. God bless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by theopops: 12:14am On Sep 26, 2008
Wow. Can't even talk too much.

This is wow. Tears. This is just wow.

Ayinba, I think she was talking to her then boyfriend.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:18am On Sep 26, 2008
ayinba1:

@pilgrim

Please please please, post Abdul's real email. No one should send threatening emails to you for making a choice. I am not sure you want anyone to objectively evaluate your experience but I notice a pattern here.

You did not just use expletives against your dad! And then repeat it for us to see?

@ayinba1,

That was Abdul's email. I admit I edited some parts (such as hiding his email address and mine, and the ******* expletives he used). Abdul has been a long time emailer to me since the very first time he read my debate on the thread I opened about Muhammad's Miracles. That has been his style - expletives, uncouth, raw, and still Muslim.

When I use     *******      or     **%$***,    that is to show that I didn't want people to read the very nasty and unprintable things that were said there. No, I did not use expletives against my dad - and the part you quoted was not directed against my dad. Please go back and read it calmly and you will see that you are taking things out of context.

God bless.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:19am On Sep 26, 2008
theopops:

Ayinba, I think she was talking to her then boyfriend.

Thank you for helping her see the point.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2008
_Queenisha:

I stand here as a testimony that instant healing is real.
I was 10 years old
In my village for Chistmas with my parents.
This group of SU guys were shooting a movie in an open area next to our home and I went there with my baby brother
The movie was about hell and was very scary to me as a child.
I also had this very bad harmattan cough that plagued me sincewe arrived the village

Anyway after the movie,the preached a while and asked people who were sick to raise their hands.I did
They asked us to place it where it hurt and if we couldn't reach it to place it our chest,I did
And they prayed a simple prayer and Instantaneously as Jehovah is my witness,that cough was gone.

That was my first encounter that God is truly powerful
This was way before I gave my life to Christ so don't tell me miracles don't happen.
I have experienced one myself
and there's more but let me not change the subject

are You kidding me?really r You kidding me osisi?

who say miracles don't happen?

if i go back to 2003 and think of my life now,all i do is shed tears and thank God like i did today

when i was already confirmed quarter to death,when my family lost hope,even when my dad kept crying like a child,weepig that hes going to loose his last child,when even me lost hope and was waiting for d day ,the lord will finally call me,and then all of a sudden,all of a sudden oh God this is bringing back tears of joy,all of a sudden,my elder sister took it upon herseLf to pray for me her kid sister,EVEN when SHE ASKED  ME ' do You blive that You will get ur strength back *san*(my pet name)?all i said was "sista just pray that my soul goes to heaven that is all" and then she wept and said " You r going nowhere"that night was a night of battle,a night where power jam power

abeg that one na story of another day,i no wan derail the thread

who says miracle no dey happen.let that person SHUT UP,LET ME HAVE MY PEACE

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 12:21am On Sep 26, 2008
reindeer:

WOW!

reading through her story, i can't help but start feeling like hearing my late mum talking to me again, she always spoke of some 'peace' you'll enjoy the day you embrace jesus, bla bla bla., i just never believed her, i told her christianity was for emotional people who don't reason quite well.its strange right now, i actually feel that peace through the writer's words, the soft comfort i hope to find someday.
i[b] don't know,can You please pray for me people?i feel as is some part of me wants to experience that peace too.allthough i still have nagging questions about the person of this God that jesus is a part of.[/b]please let no one distract you from what you are sharing,you never know what may be achieved through it or who can have some rest through it

please don't bother responding to arguments and insinuations, just share on.the arguments can go on another thread.

I'm reading with great interest.

You can find it right here right now.
Just say Lord Jesus,I want to experience this peace that pilgrim talks of and I want you to reveal yourself to me
I come to you as I am
I want you to cleanse me
and lead me in the path that I must go.
Amen.

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2008
reindeer:

WOW!

reading through her story, i can't help but start feeling like hearing my late mum talking to me again, she always spoke of some 'peace' you'll enjoy the day you embrace jesus, bla bla bla., i just never believed her, i told her christianity was for emotional people who don't reason quite well.its strange right now, i actually feel that peace through the writer's words, the soft comfort i hope to find someday.
i don't know,can You please pray for me people?i feel as is some part of me wants to experience that peace too.allthough i still have nagging questions about the person of this God that jesus is a part of.

please let no one distract you from what you are sharing,you never know what may be achieved through it or who can have some rest through it

please don't bother responding to arguments and insinuations, just share on.the arguments can go on another thread.

I'm reading with great interest.

Mr. Reindeer, if i tell you that i also do not have questions about the bible i'd be lying. But like the man healed of blindness from his youth (he has to be the funniest fellow in the entire bible) said - John 9: 25 He answered and said, Whether he be a sinner or no, I know not: one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

Whether the bible be corrupt or not, whether i understand it all or not, one thing i know . . . Jesus is REAL.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by theopops: 12:28am On Sep 26, 2008
We give thanks to our Lord, Jesus Christ. Him alone, deserves all glory.

Miracles upon miracles.

You know, we all live our lifes and do our daily things. We go about our days. Even come on NL and talk harshly to each other. At the end of the day, when you get to read something this wonderful, you have to stop and reassess your life. Find out where you stand. What is important.

Lord, we are indeed grateful for a day like this. We know You love us and You are always faithful. Thank You for the people's life that You will touch with this testimony. We ask that You will keep us and help us bring more people to You.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:29am On Sep 26, 2008
@reindeer,

reindeer:

its strange right now, i actually feel that peace through the writer's words, the soft comfort i hope to find someday.
i don't know,can You please pray for me people?i feel as is some part of me wants to experience that peace too.allthough i still have nagging questions about the person of this God that jesus is a part of.

I say amen to Queenisha's prayer. I will keep praying for you and for all who long for that peace more deeply than my words convey.

reindeer:

Thank you for that advice. I think that's the best I can do for now. If they want answers to questions, I am willing to share with them in another thread. God bless you plenty.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 12:32am On Sep 26, 2008

He wants you to see what He can do; because He said your dad called Him "LORD!"'

Just as more of a joke than anything else, I obliged to pray as a "Christian". . . the only problem was that I would never call Jesus "Lord", and I yet I did not know how to pray a Christian prayer. My boyfriend said Christian prayer was not a ritual; I could pray just as I would have a frank conversation with Jesus.

So, I closed my eyes and (although being sarcastic in my heart), I blurted out: "Jesus, please heal *Joe." I paused, not knowing what next to say. . . and I was about to stutter the subsequent sentence when Joe rolled off the couch and started slowly jumping up! He ran and hugged me and started shouting praises to

Part of the things that Antichrist (Masiah Dajjal) will do is perform miracles, ranging from healling of the sick and infirmed, to raising dead people back to life.

Are these miracles enough for a true believer to follow him? Only those who do have little or no faith will follow him with any of these fake miracles.

Where could human have resided if Adam and Eve did not take the suggestion of Iblis? Thats what you do Pilgrim.1, when you listened to the suggestion of your "boyfriend or whoever," who was your shayatin. No wonder you are suseptible. When you have boyfriend, how can there be a strong Iman in the heart that indulges in Zina?

But Allah is Oft-forgiven, Most Merciful. And when i wasdivorcing the mother of my children in 1989, I went to a church to see what they do in there. And i knew I hated it, even though part of me at that time wanted to safe my marriage.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:35am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

Part of the things that Antichrist (Masiah Dajjal) will do is perform miracles, ranging from healling of the sick and infirmed, to raising dead people back to life.

Are these miracles enough for a true believer to follow him? Only those who do have little or no faith will follow him with any of these fake miracles.

Where could human have resided if Adam and Eve did not take the suggestion of Iblis? Thats what you do Pilgrim.1, when you listened to the suggestion of your "boyfriend or whoever," who was your shayatin. No wonder you are suseptible. When you have boyfriend, how can there be a strong Iman in the heart that indulges in Zina?

But Allah is Oft-forgiven, Most Merciful. And when i wasdivorcing the mother of my children in 1989, I went to a church to see what they do in there. And i knew I hated it, even though part of me at that time wanted to safe my marriage.

Thank you again. Jesus changed my life, I am grateful to God for that and continue to pray for others who are going through tough situations to find His love. If He healed my brother, He can do the same for others as well.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 12:36am On Sep 26, 2008
Interesting that the passies are all out in full force. Okare Pilgrim. lol.
And when you finally return to be a muslim, abandoning a god that
uses the bathroom and need to take shower and then worship another God,
these same cheering group; Queenisha, davidylan and co, lol, will be
the same people who will say that that Pilgrim is no good!
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 12:41am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale take ur crazy sef out of this thread na wetin?

abeg respect ur old age

ok pilgrim will return back to islam abi?ok til then ,just get lost

infact pilgrim i think You should ignore him ,lets all ignore olabowale please,if hes d agent on assignment that has been sent to distract us ,it wont work

olabs we bid You farewell
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:41am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

Interesting that the passies are all out in full force. Okare Pilgrim. lol.
And when you finally return to be a muslim, abandoning a god that
uses the bathroom and need to take shower and then worship another God,
these same cheering group; Queenisha, davidylan and co, lol, will be
the same people who will say that that Pilgrim is no good!

Thank you again. I know what Jesus did for me, and I would be a fool to abandon His love and power. God bless you. cheesy
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 12:43am On Sep 26, 2008
rampagain:

infact pilgrim i think You should ignore him ,lets all ignore olabowale please,if hes d agent on assignment that has been sent to distract us ,it wont work

I'm sorry for entertaining him. I'll just let him be and focus on others sharing their love in Jesus.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by affee(f): 12:44am On Sep 26, 2008
May the Lord strenghten you pilgrim.
U will be a blessing to everyone that comes across your story.
just like you have blessed me

the joy I feel in my heart is too great.

p.s
this peace that you have now is just a piece of the iceberg compared to what you'll receive when you are baptised in the Holyghost.

God bless you real good

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 12:44am On Sep 26, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: « #83 on: Today at 12:35:38 AM »  

Thank you again. Jesus changed my life, I am grateful to God for that and continue to pray for others who are going through tough situations to find His love. If He healed my brother, He can do the same for others as well.

Jesus could not heal your brother. If Jesus could have done anything of his own, he would have prevented his own very humiliations and death, according to what is in the Bible, from the hands of the Jews who were bent on accursing his soul.

You know that in Yorubaland, there some medicine men who can do the exact same thing that you said Jesus did for yur brother.

Jesus has never in all these two thousand years prevented any of his believers from death. Look ar what happened the Rt. Rev. Jerry Fahwell in the summer of 07! he died right there in his office. Behind his desk. This is the same great proponent of Rapture!

May God Almighty steady your heart on the right path.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by theopops: 12:49am On Sep 26, 2008
You all need to know that something is tugging at the heart of Olabs, thats why he keeps coming back here.

Lets all pray for him, that he will come to know Him.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 1:06am On Sep 26, 2008
Pilgrim argued the same way maybe fiercer before she came into the glorious light of God.
We've seen bigger masquerades

pilgrim wrote:
During this time, my dad was no longer attending masjid (although I don't know when exactly he converted and became a Christian). As children, we didn't bother to ask him about it, because there were many muslims around us as well who were not too keen about attending masjid (mosque). What people don't realise was that even in Atlanta, there were evidently extreme elements who made it their duty to "eliminate" defecters and "apostates". I knew all this - I knew that it only would take just a report and the 'apostate' is quitely 'removed' from daylight.

[i]So, I kept on with this attitude, castigating Christians and Jewish beliefs with more vehemence. You see, what was even giving me this cowardly boldness (oxymoron) was that we could say anything against others; but they could not do the same to Islam! Although no one cried about a blasphemy Law in Atlanta, we believed that we were well protected in the USA culture to slur Christianity and threaten them if they dared do the same to our belief[/i]!

Didn't we see the above highlighted part displayed here on nairaland and continuing.
Movies are made, books are written no Christians threaten anyone because it's not by power nor by might.
If God did it for this lady, and millions annually in Africa alone, Olabowale is a piece of meat.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 1:15am On Sep 26, 2008
olabowale:

May God Almighty steady your heart on the right path.

Is your own heart steady? Reading through the desperate posts from you and ayinba1, one can conclude your hearts are far from steady. Look at the email from Abdul, is that a response from a heart that is steady and sure he is on the right path?

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by tRoOE(f): 1:19am On Sep 26, 2008
[size=13pt]Nice thread but I do not appreciate the way you all are condemning the Muslims.
You guys are making it seem like, people have to be Christians before he/she can enter the kingdom of God

[/size]
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 1:24am On Sep 26, 2008
a part of her post that that had me lifting my hands and shouting Halleluia

Then one day, I went downstairs after having been suddenly woken up. I saw my dad bent over on his knees - arms spread out, and I knew he was not praying to Allah! Muslims surely did not bow the way he was bowed! So, I crept silently towards him and saw his face. .  glsitening with tears. His eyes were so gently shut, but he was evidently out of this world. You only need to be there to understand that there are times when people who are filled with the Spirit are so disconnected and fearless that they are too confident nothing around them can harm them!

But here was the shocker: I heard my dad praying to Jesus!! I was dazed, angry, and yet too powerless to even move! What betrayal! What wickedness! What blasphemy! I thought. As I grimaced at both what I was hearing and seeing, I made to move, and yet there was this inexplicable power that stood me there and drew my interest to keep listening to what my dad was saying. then I heard what broke me:

". . . even though I cannot preach, I trust You to save my family, Lord Jesus!!"

That was it! Now, this guy is going to pay with his. . . his very life! And I was the one who's going to blow the whistle on him! So I crawled away, my thirst was gone even though I had not drunk the water I came down for in the first place, and I slumped on my bed! What was I going to do? Please forgive me - that was the past me before I became a Christian. I was filled with hate that wee hour of the morning that I cursed and swore at him till daybreak. When we went down for breakfast, my mum knew that something was wrong - my face said it all. But I was determined to tell on "him". This "him" was my dad, but I didn't care one scooby!  I was so filled with hate that I wonder that I was ever delivered from it!
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 1:31am On Sep 26, 2008
tRoOE:

[size=13pt]You guys are making it seem like, people have to be Christians before he/she can enter the kingdom of God

[/size]

Jn  14
Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.

7If you really knew me, you would know[b] my Father as well. From now on, you do know him and have seen him."

8 Philip said, "Lord, show us the Father and that will be enough for us."

9 Jesus answered: "Don't you know me, Philip, even after I have been among you such a long time?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Is It Okay For Christians To Flirt? / "I'd Be A Christian If It Were Not For The Christians!" / Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 118
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.