Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,440 members, 7,819,622 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:20 PM

An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master (7999 Views)

Adeboye Talks About His Impending Death / An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master / Tb Joshua's Secret Exposed by Ex-Muslim (Bisola Johnson). Watch Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Go Down)

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Moyola(f): 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2008
Interesting!!!! smiley

Bring it on Pilgrim1 wink
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 25, 2008
now i begin to understand the spirit that drives islam . . . one of fear and extreme hate.
Christ is love, compassion personified, longsuffering, patient . . . why do we deserve so much love from He whom we hate so much that sin is like second nature to us?

Lord, if anything will come out of this thread . . . let it be that we who thinketh we stand remember never to take your Love for granted, that those on the other side may know that indeed you are intimately interested in our unworthy lives and that you died so that we may live by your mercy and grace.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by JeSoul(f): 9:13pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Folks, could I come back and post the sequel after the heat cools? I don't want to be the center of attraction here. Jesus Christ changed my life; and that is Who gets the glory. How He did this is what I will share next.

God bless. wink
*reading the story and thinking* Wow see the amazing, transforming, incomparable, unbelieveable, incredible, mind blowing thing that Jesus did! shocked shocked smiley Jesus is indeed exalted in all this!

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by huxley(m): 9:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
Transformational stories are great and this is a good one, not least because it is also well written.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by olabowale(m): 9:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Pilgrim.1: It is true you did not know anything about Islam by your statement I am quoting below:

"Since you started praying for me, has you Jesus answered you? Don't you see that you're so **$(%** to be a Christian? Christianity does not work - as prophet Muhammad said!"

Quote this exact statement from Prophet Muhammad (AS).  You will notice that most
people act as experts, but they just inadequate knowledge, if at all they have any!

Surah Rum in the Qur'an was reveal in support of Rome Christian, the people who are
closer to the Makkan muslims, to indicate that victory will come when they will defeat
the Persia Idolators, he people who were closer to the pagan of Makka.

You will agree with me, if you don't know just say so, that Abu Bakr wagered with a leader
of the pagan Makkans about the inpending/future victory of the Romans.

What Islam says is that the People of the Books (Christians among them) if sincere, would
have recognized and followed Muhammad (AS), whom they have traces about him in their
book, regardless of its impurity.

The Jews also ignored Jesus when he came. The same exact way that Jews and christians ignored Muhammad!

His answer? It shocked me - and it happened in just that manner. This is what he said:

"I know Jesus has answered me. He only asked me to be patient
            and to keep praying for you. He said the sign you will see is that
            your dad will call Me "Lord" with his lips. You will hear him say this,
            and you cannot stop him!"

And so it happened, after 911 of United States of America! Those people whose Iman were
so weak abandoned Islam. Is that so surprising? Is this the first time it will ever happen?

I remember that it is stated that some Makka muslims left Islam in the early days after Muhammad (AS)
declared that he had a Night Journey from Makka to Jerusalem, and continued to Heavens.

I live in America, too. I live in New York. And from my home, I used to see the would Trade Center complex.
And after the incidence, there are still people, white, black and others who are still reverting to Islam. And
not all of the blacks in America became muslim in jail. Right there, in Atlanta was Imam Jamil Alamin, who is
now in Jail. You see the difference in belief level.

Pilgrim, I lost a lot of businesses after 911. I also lost many nonmuslim friends. But in both cases, I believe
and trust Allah and i am not disappointed yet. I am invited to some of the biggest circle of people and
have been asked to participate in some of the most important business ventures on the planet.

And I am still standing. I have a full beard. Unfortunately, not as much as it used to be. But still a fist full.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by ayinba1(f): 10:08pm On Sep 25, 2008
@olabowale,

May Allah continue to be your strenght. Ko ni re yin o! Amin

@pilgrim

Interesting story!

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 10:09pm On Sep 25, 2008
@ayinba1,

How are you? Many blessings. smiley
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 10:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Olabowale,

Let me explain something to you: this is not a debate on theological issues between Christianity and Islam. I never passed myself off as an expert on Islam at anytime on nairaland. Your point is noted; but you missed the fact that I stated clearly that I was driven by naivety at the time - but became the wiser to stop swallowing what the mullah have always told and started searching for answers myself. Thank you again, but please don't waste your time desperately seeking loopholes - it may do you more harm than good.
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 10:17pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Now back to my boyfriend. I had planned to go over and mock the daylight out of him. Afterall, his Jesus had "failed" him, and it was his misfortune that his dad was an atheist. When I get there, I would simply smile sarcastically and ask him to beg Jesus to heal him. I was so sure it would fail to avail him. . . but I went anyways.

to be continued. . .

When I arrived, the sight of my boyfriend melted my heart. You would have to be a stone to see such a sight and not be able to extend some sympathy. We talked lightly about other things. I asked if there was anything I could do for him - like make him something light to eat so his medicines would work. He looked pointedly at me and that was when he said that the Lord wanted me to pray and see what He would do!

Was this guy crazy, stupid or plain delirious? His dad an I glanced at each other, and for the first time I saw that he had been crying. What for, I didn't know nor do I know now (although his son hinted me that when his situation got worse that morning and I had not come to spend time with them, he burst into tears because he feared he was about to lose his only surviving son from a bitter divorce). Anyway, I obliged to pray, but that was when he stopped me and asked me to pray as a Christian. For heaven's sake, I am a muslim and proud of it! I almost screamed. But he insisted and said calmly:

'. . . He wants you to see what He can do; because He said your dad called Him "LORD!"'

Just as more of a joke than anything else, I obliged to pray as a "Christian". . . the only problem was that I would never call Jesus "Lord", and I yet I did not know how to pray a Christian prayer. My boyfriend said Christian prayer was not a ritual; I could pray just as I would have a frank conversation with Jesus.

So, I closed my eyes and (although being sarcastic in my heart), I blurted out: "Jesus, please heal *Joe." I paused, not knowing what next to say. . . and I was about to stutter the subsequent sentence when Joe rolled off the couch and started slowly jumping up! He ran and hugged me and started shouting praises to Jesus Christ! What?!? What was happening here? Whether I believed it or not, Joe had been instantly healed!

Confused, scared, and defeated, I ran home, flung myself to the floor and half-cried and half-prayed that Jesus should be my Saviour. I craved peace, love and deliverance! I wanted Him for real. Please! Please! O pleeeeease!

Thanking Him, I rose up, went to the bathroom and washed my face. I tried to be good to everyone, helpful and very nice to whomever I came across. It went on for a while, I became very close to *Joe, but was too scared to be caught attending church. Oh, life must be so sweet. . . but in reality, it wasn't!

I knew I wasn't saved. The same wicked heart, hate and pride against Christians and Jews were present in me. I tried not to betray these feelings and declined to debate any Christian after that incident. But what happened? It didn't take long before I ran out of gas! I knew I was still lost but was covering up with religion.

So, why is it that my "prayer" didn't work? My father and I (though having a strained relationship on my fault) shared questions and answers! My goodness - Kylie was right! My dad knew and loved Jesus much more than I could ever have known. he wasn't too concerned about theology, even though he has so much insight - but for him it was rather a pratical reality of life in Christ, or nothing else will do. I asked him why I was not born again. His answer? He asked me never to doubt my salvation. But when I argued that I didn't "feel" it and knew that I was still filled with hate towards Jews and Christians in particular, he asked me to take my arguments to Jesus directly - and he would also help to pray for me.

*Joe - a pseudonym used for his real identity here.

to be continued. . .

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 10:20pm On Sep 25, 2008
So, why is it that my "prayer" didn't work? My father and I (though having a strained relationship on my fault) shared questions and answers! My goodness - Kylie was right! My dad knew and loved Jesus much more than I could ever have known. he wasn't too concerned about theology, even though he has so much insight - but for him it was rather a pratical reality of life in Christ, or nothing else will do. I asked him why I was not born again. His answer? He asked me never to doubt my salvation. But when I argued that I didn't "feel" it and knew that I was still filled with hate towards Jews and Christians in particular, he asked me to take my arguments to Jesus directly - and he would also help to pray for me.

continued. . .

I continued that way, but by this time, I had so many questions. My faith in Islam was being seriously shaken to its foundations by the evidence of a miracle I could not deny! I had prayed to Jesus whose deity I formerly denied; I just couldn' understand the Trinity; surely the Bible was corrupt and no one could know for sure where the originals were? Etc., etc., etc.

Even then, I read widely while studying for my MA in Sociology. This course helped broaden my thinking process - and I had access to many materials in respected libraries. I was now a seeker - reading about as many religions as I could find materials on. My dad even feared for me because I was devouring too much information at my "tender age". Then, I saw it! We had been mistaking catholicism for Christianity!!

Please understand me: I am not castigating Catholics here. But you could imagine my shock when I first discovered that contrary to what we as Muslims believed, MARY was not part of the Trinity! Another thing was that we were speaking about Tritheism and not Trinity - and that was how I got it all mixed up. So many other issues came to the surface:

- Why did I hate Christians and Jews?

- Why did I encourage myself to LIE against the Bible when I knew our mullah was not telling the truth?

- If I believed that the Quran was faultless, how could I defend the idea that Allah created seven earths when we all know there's only one?

All these were the basic theological concerns that drove me to study more. But to make a long story short, there was just one question that was bothering me, and it had to be settled:

~ Was Jesus Christ truly LORD?

I thought deeply about it, and after searching seriously for answers, I asked Allah to help me find the truth for myself. The case of the miracle came constantly to mind. . . but my stubborness would not let me see clearly.

However, a strange event moved me to fnally kneel and submit to the power of the Lordship of Jesus Christ. It was not theology that settled it for me, not any scholarship on my part, not anything I knew or did not know: it was just one thing I could not deny - the unmistakable change in my dad's life. I then realized that the reason why I was not born again was because I had refused to call Jesus "Lord". I consequently did pray and opened my heart to Him as both Lord and Saviour - and that moment I knew I was saved!!

All my hate for my dad had melted at that instant. I just coulnd't wait to run to him and fling my arms around him! We cried, praised God together, and prayed. My conversion led to further blessings that astounded me:

(a) my dear mother received Jesus Christ as her Lord the very next day! My dad was shocked. Why? Because she also had been going along as a "Christian" when she learnt of my dad's conversion. Since she did not want a fiasco or divorce, she played the "Christian" wife but later confessed that she never read the Bible since my dad gave her a copy! She had been secretly reading the Quran and praying that Allah would bring us all back to Islam.

(b) but what powerfully convinced my mum was not my change or conversion. I did not know that *Joe had called earlier that afternoon and since no one was at home, he spoke at length with my mum. She had no idea that *Joe was no longer my boyfriend, and as they spoke he told my mum that he missed me and was inviting me to his wedding. Then he told her that his atheist father had become a Christian a month before he died! That news made my mum shudder because she knew this man so well - a very hard-nosed atheist that ridiculed everything about God or Allah. What power could have made this man into a Christian?

(c) when I openly confessed to my family that I had become a Christian, my mum was expressionless that day, just watching me and my dad in that hug and crying our hearts out in thankfulness to our wonderful master Jesus. But the next day she told us all how she came to Christ from all the evidence she had experienced under 24 hours. The very day she gave her life to Christ, my elder brother who had been suffering from mental relapse and had been bed-ridden for years at home through abuse of drugs was healed the moment she prayed for him! Currently, he is in Egypt and serving the Lord as a missionary!

So many things have happened since I became a Christian that I often shy from using them in arguing against non-belief. I have learnt that no theology or philosophy adequately explains WHO Jesus is; it takes His grace to bring us to our senses and know the power of His Lordship and salvation. So far, I have avoided theological explanations here, because this thread is not a platform for arguments but rather what Jesus has done in my life.

I hope to come back and share more on issues where readers may have specific questions. For now, my prayers with you as a reader, that you may know Jesus Christ and His love. I know for definite, that Jesus is real. More than that, Jesus is LORD.

Shalom and God bless you all. smiley

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 10:39pm On Sep 25, 2008
Just so that readers don't misunderstand me, let me elaborate on something here:

pilgrim.1:

Then, I saw it! We had been mistaking catholicism for Christianity!!

Please understand me: I am not castigating Catholics here. But you could imagine my shock when I first discovered that contrary to what we as Muslims believed, MARY was not part of the Trinity! Another thing was that we were speaking about Tritheism and not Trinity - and that was how I got it all mixed up.

When I said "we", I mean we as muslims. I had heard so many untrue assertions and only went by them without checking to make sure they were true. Part of what we as "muslims" had mistaken was that Mary was the Mother, then there was the Father, and then the Son - a complete family! Our local imam one day explained it to one of my brothers (the computer analyst) that same way! And I simply carried that same untrue statement as used it against Christians for so long.

Another untrue statement that I held unto was that Muhammad more or less said that Christianity does not work! This was the interpretation given to so many hadiths which describe Christians and Jews as weak people over whom Muslims would prevail. In my naivety, I swallowed those untrue statements just as I swallowed the untrue statement that the Gospels (Injil) and the Law (Torah) were lost! So many untrue assertions muslims hold against Christians were my ammunitions. . . until I stopped listening to the mullah and started searching for truth by myself.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 10:58pm On Sep 25, 2008
OH GOD,OH GOD PILGRIM I'm LIKE SO DUMBFOUNDED

this story has dragged my husband to the PC for the first time on nl

we r reading it together,this story is so touching ,oh God

who says there is no God?let them come and see

there is a GOD INDEED

EHHHHHH INDEED THERE IS A GOD,I FEEL LIKE JUMPING ,SCREAMING ,SHOUTING,CRYING,i can't stop this tears

IM GOING CRAZY HERE,OH GOD,AHHHHHHHH

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Chrisbenogor(m): 11:07pm On Sep 25, 2008
@pilgrim
I knew it! I know now ! Eh nne as igbo man concerned I need first class permission to begin to print and sell this story for ariaria market pronto! smiley
Just do us a favour and ignore all those people who wan nail your story, for person life story na im dem wan analyse, rubbish.
I bet you only 2 days before nollywood go strike on this tory, smiley eh the break don dey long oh. Popcorn in hand lights off and enjoying what nairaland has to offer who needs silverbedsmiley( no be me talk oh )

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by JeSoul(f): 11:08pm On Sep 25, 2008
As I read your story Pilgrim I cannot help but thank God over n over for His love and mercies and especially His patience. He looks down at those who hate Him and He still reaches out to them, loves them and saves them - I cannot help but look at the atheists and muslims here on NL, and think that there is hope and we MUST PRAY for them!

God will bless and perfect all that concerns you my sista. I pray everyone who reads this thread will not leave the same way, I pray for the unbelievers to experience a new revelation of who God is, for the muslims to have their eyes opened and for the christians to hold steadfast to the faith we've received. JESUS is LORD!

Godbless Pilgrim, her father and mother and siblings. May all their lives be instruments unto God's glory and may they draw many into the kingdom and may they be counted among the faithful on that day.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 11:14pm On Sep 25, 2008
Okay, okay, okay. For those who have flooded my email with questions, I can't answer everybody individually. I apologise upfront for disappointing those who requested personal responses. So, I'm going to answer just only one common question among the lot - and any further emails in this regard will receive auto-response to check for the answer here. Thank you for your understanding.

Email from a dear friend:

Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
Mark as Unread | Print
Flag this message
Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:47 PM
To: [hidden]_ro***@yahoo.com

To***,
I am very disappointed in your story telling!! You see how very stupid you are? Who do you think you are deceiving with such stories? Tell me!! Will your father also support such deceit? Don't give me that rubish again O, because I will just make things worse for you!! Anytime I ask questions, you will refer me to nairaland, is that your second home? Rubish.

Now answer me this question. You said that Allah created 7 earths, not so? LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!! Show me where in the Quran you read it! You gutter LIAR and shameless animal!! You ******** !!! LYING against Allah is the reason he threw you away to christianity. May you and the Jews rot in your religion of LIES!!

Show me the verse where you read it, or thunder from Allah fire you 1 million times!

Abdul.

Well, Abdul. . how are you? I had not intended this thread to be an argument; so allow me to again refer you to Nairaland even though it is not my second home. I will just give the answer and leave it at that.

Where did pilgrim.1 read in the Quran that Allah created 7 earths? This is the verse: Sura 65 v 12. If you consult several English translations, you will find the same thing. So let me give you a few examples:

[list]
[li]Rashad Khalifa's translation:
"GOD created seven universes and the same number of earths"[/li][/list]

[list][li]Bewley:
"It is Allah who created the seven heavens and of the earth the same number."[/li][/list]

[list][li]Yusuf Ali:
"Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number"[/li][/list]

[list][li]Hilali-Khan:
"It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven)"[/li][/list]

Dear Abdul, instead of being upset with me, it might help to actually calm down and check before berating me. If I had no such verses, then I would not have made such an assertion. Whatever the interpretation is, that is not my worry for now. I don't want this thread to be an argument platform, so there is your answer.

God bless you with the love of Jesus Christ. cheesy

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2008
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO SPREAD IT TO ALL OF THEM UNBELIEVERS ,EVERYWHERE THAT GOD IS REAL,THAT THERE IS A GOD,THIS STORY HAS MADE ME RECONCILE AGAIN WITH HIM FOR OVER 100 TIMES THIS EVENING,INFACT I THINK I'm NOT SERVING HIM ENOUGH,I NEED TO SERVE HIM WITH MY WHOLE EXISTENSE

IF THERE IS A WAY I CAN KICK SIN OUT OF MY LIFE;I WILL

i no go sleep today,osisi why You wake up my spirit wt this thread angry  my spirit is so high this evening ,oh God

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 11:15pm On Sep 25, 2008
Jesus is Lord of all.
Earlier in the year on one of "our threads", I had this idea regarding a testimonial thread like this.
But I guess that wasn't the right time.
Judging by what pilgrim said, several people including atheists and Muslims have inquired of her conversion but she did not oblige them.
Our God works with seasons and times.
The same way my miracle may not come right when I pray,that doesn't mean God hasn't heard me.
And when the same thing was impressed upon me a second time I took my chance and as God will have,it was also his perfect time.
I know that this testimony will bless me and strengthen my faith.
It has already.

[b]I also know without a shadow of a doubt that this testimony will bring someone or some people to Christ.[/b]When?
I don't know
But one thing I do know is that no word of God goes out without accomplishing what it was sent for,as the Bible says.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 11:19pm On Sep 25, 2008
kai see how the testimony has stirred the nest of the enemy into action. Such venom, how can people hate those they've never seen with so much spite?  shocked What will they do to those they see?

Uncle Abdul easy o. No be fight.

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 11:20pm On Sep 25, 2008
Previous message | Go to Next message | Back to Messages
Mark as Unread | Print
Flag this message
Thursday, September 25, 2008 10:47 PM
To: [hidden]_ro***@yahoo.com

To***,
I am very disappointed in your story telling!! You see how very stupid you are? Who do you think you are deceiving with such stories? Tell me!! Will your father also support such deceit? Don't give me that rubish again O, because I will just make things worse for you!! Anytime I ask questions, you will refer me to nairaland, is that your second home? Rubish.

Now answer me this question. You said that Allah created 7 earths, not so? LIAR, LIAR, LIAR!! Show me where in the Quran you read it! You gutter LIAR and shameless animal!! You ******** !!! LYING against Allah is the reason he threw you away to christianity. May you and the Jews rot in your religion of LIES!!

Show me the verse where you read it, or thunder from Allah fire you 1 million times!

Abdul.

ignore them,follow d light,u have seen d light ,.my prayer is dat they also find it now before its too late

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 11:21pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Okay, okay, okay. For those who have flooded my email with questions, I can't answer everybody individually. I apologise upfront for disappointing those who requested personal responses. So, I'm going to answer just only one common question among the lot - and any further emails in this regard will receive auto-response to check for the answer here. Thank you for your understanding.

Email from a dear friend:

Well, Abdul. . how are you? I had not intended this thread to be an argument; so allow me to again refer you to Nairaland even though it is not my second home. I will just give the answer and leave it at that.

Where did pilgrim.1 read in the Quran that Allah created 7 earths? This is the verse: Sura 65 v 12. If you consult several English translations, you will find the same thing. So let me give you a few examples:

[list]
[li]Rashad Khalifa's translation:
"GOD created seven universes and the same number of earths"[/li][/list]

[list][li]Bewley:
"It is Allah who created the seven heavens and of the earth the same number."[/li][/list]

[list][li]Yusuf Ali:
"Allah is He Who created seven Firmaments and of the earth a similar number"[/li][/list]

[list][li]Hilali-Khan:
"It is Allah Who has created seven heavens and of the earth the like thereof (i.e. seven)"[/li][/list]

Dear Abdul, instead of being upset with me, it might help to actually calm down and check before berating me. If I had no such verses, then I would not have made such an assertion. Whatever the interpretation is, that is not my worry for now. I don't want this thread to be an argument platform, so there is your answer.

God bless you with the love of Jesus Christ. cheesy

You are such a gracious woman.
This is a good development.
Answer the e-mail questions here because it will bless us all.
Remember the anger and disdain you had against Christians currently resides in Abdul
Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by idupaul: 11:24pm On Sep 25, 2008
just cant seem to see the reason for this thread, even though pilgrim has no bad intentions ,some people are making it look hypocritical and killing the essence of the thread,

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 11:28pm On Sep 25, 2008
rampagain:

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME TO SPREAD IT TO ALL OF THEM UNBELIEVERS ,EVERYWHERE THAT GOD IS REAL,THAT THERE IS A GOD,THIS STORY HAS MADE ME RECONCILE AGAIN WITH HIM FOR OVER 100 TIMES THIS EVENING,INFACT I THINK I'm NOT SERVING HIM ENOUGH,I NEED TO SERVE HIM WITH MY WHOLE EXISTENSE

IF THERE IS A WAY I CAN KICK SIN OUT OF MY LIFE;I WILL

i no go sleep today,osisi why You wake up my spirit wt this thread angry  my spirit is so high this evening ,oh God

Nne God is good o
When pilgrim went on a long hiatus from nairaland ,I prayed for her because I know that she can reach people I could never reach.
I wish shahan,mlk_baby and m4malik would come back to Nairaland this very minute.
Very smart siblings who were born Muslims too until Christ reached out and pulled them up like he did us all.

Please let's all ignore all the side comments so as not to derail

2 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 11:30pm On Sep 25, 2008
_Queenisha:

Nne God is good o
When pilgrim went on a long hiatus from nairaland ,I prayed for her because I know that she can reach people I could never reach.
I wish shahan,mlk_baby and m4malik would come back to Nairaland this very minute.
Very smart siblings who were born Muslims too until Christ reached out and pulled them up like he did us all.

Please let's all ignore all the side comments so as not to derail

wink exactly,u took dat right out of my mouth,d thread is too sweet to be derailed

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by smile4kenn(m): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2008
@pilgrim1

I have a confession to make,

I used to doubt your words here on nairaland, i used to hate you because you dont like catholics and other religion

But after reading your story today, I feel like hugging you now and asking you to pray for me.

There is power in the name of our lord Jesus. I have encountered so many power and miracles in His name too.

He will always bless us and strenghten us all, Amen

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 11:31pm On Sep 25, 2008
@Queenisha,

Thank you again for this invitation. Infact, if you recall, you had asked the same thing but I declined (that was when I took a long break from the Forum). Between times as I read from my email for others asking me if there was a God (atheists), to those who wanted to know why I left Islam (Muslims), and to others who were just curious as to why I thought Christianity made sense at all (other religious friends). I was tempted many times to just answer their request and oblige them a testimony like this. . . but I had to first pray and seek answers from the Lord Jesus Christ as to what to do.

I had peace all along to do so; but deeper in my heart was the silent voice that said "Wait a little more." I guess His time is always perfect; because if it was earlier than now that Abdul wrote me that email, I might have been irrational in my response. I apologise to everyone that I have ever let down with uncouth remarks, and I pray that you will know the peace I now know in my heart.

Like I said, I still maintain, and will remain so as long as I live: Jesus is Lord - he changed my life, and only to Him should all the glory be! He healed my brother instantly from mental problems, and now is using him in Egypt. My faith may not be as strong for being a missionary, but I never forget to pray for him wherever he goes in Egypt. If God could do that for him after so many years bed-ridden, what can He not do for anyone who would simply trust him?

I am so refreshed and blessed this moment that I just can't stop praising my wonderful Master Jesus Christ! To Him be all honour, praise and adoration.

God bless you all. cheesy

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by pilgrim1(f): 11:34pm On Sep 25, 2008
davidylan:

Such venom, how can people hate those they've never seen with so much spite? shocked What will they do to those they see?

Lol, davidylan. . . I was worse than that. If you had met me, you would be mistaken for an angel in comparison. How God delivered me from my hatred towards Christians and Jews, it is still a wonder!

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by onyinye2(f): 11:38pm On Sep 25, 2008
Pilgrim, your story is just so touching. . . . i mean I can barely soak it all in. It just touched me where I have never been touched by a story sense. The way you stuck it through, enduring all those hard times just puts me in awww. You are true Superwoman, cause i bet not many ladies would have continued on with all the things you endured. I must admit, that after reading this, I'm surely not walking away the same person.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by rampagain: 11:42pm On Sep 25, 2008
osisi may God bless you and your family for opening this thread

God bless u greatly,u wont understand how high my spirit is right now

dis thread is going to touch alot of souls,dis is goshhhh i no get talk sef

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by superstan(m): 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
Jesus is Lord. cool

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Queenisha1: 11:45pm On Sep 25, 2008
pilgrim.1:

@Queenisha,

Thank you again for this invitation. Infact, if you recall, you had asked the same thing but I declined (that was when I took a long break from the Forum). Between times as I read from my email for others asking me if there was a God (atheists), to those who wanted to know why I left Islam (Muslims), and to others who were just curious as to why I thought Christianity made sense at all (other religious friends). I was tempted many times to just answer their request and oblige them a testimony like this. . . but I had to first pray and seek answers from the Lord Jesus Christ as to what to do.

I had peace all along to do so; but deeper in my heart was the silent voice that said "Wait a little more." I guess His time is always perfect; because if it was earlier than now that Abdul wrote me that email, I might have been irrational in my response. I apologise to everyone that I have ever let down with uncouth remarks, and I pray that you will know the peace I now know in my heart.

Like I said, I still maintain, and will remain so as long as I live: Jesus is Lord - he changed my life, and only to Him should all the glory be! He healed my brother instantly from mental problems, and now is using him in Egypt. My faith may not be as strong for being a missionary, but I never forget to pray for him wherever he goes in Egypt. If God could do that for him after so many years bed-ridden, what can He not do for anyone who would simply trust him?

I am so refreshed and blessed this moment that I just can't stop praising my wonderful Master Jesus Christ! To Him be all honour, praise and adoration.

God bless you all. cheesy

Pardon me, so I did ask ?
Thank you for doing it at the right time.
This testimony should be in a printed pamphlet form and could serve as an evangelism tool.
Now, this is not some stranger on youtube.
This is authentic.
I'm not wealthy but if you need help with finances to do this, I pledge my support.
And I will speak to like minded Christians for their support
God will make a way and I want to be part of that blessing.
But again,this will be at His own timing.
The harvest is plenteous at His timing.

1 Like

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by Nobody: 11:46pm On Sep 25, 2008
onyinye2:

Pilgrim, your story is just so touching. . . . i mean I can barely soak it all in. It just touched me where I have never been touched by a story sense. The way you stuck it through, enduring all those hard times just puts me in awww. You are true Superwoman, cause i bet not many ladies would have continued on with all the things you endured. I must admit, that after reading this, I'm surely not walking away the same person.

errm . . . ma'am lets not lose focus here . . . it isnt about Pilgrim.1 but about the saving grace of a dying Saviour who while we were yet sinners commended His love towards us. As difficult as it may be let us not lose sight of the fact that Christ is the one who shld be glorified.

If i have learnt one thing from this story, it is to open my big mouth and no longer be ashamed to share my faith with whoever will caare to listen. Sad but many of us (me inclusive) have friends that we love so much and we are too afraid to "lose" the relationship if we dare speak about Jesus. Lord forgive us and help us to be stronger in the face of a godless world.

3 Likes

Re: An Ex- Muslim Nairalander Talks About Why She Now Calls Jesus Lord, And Master by onyinye2(f): 11:48pm On Sep 25, 2008
davidylan:

errm . . . ma'am lets not lose focus here . . . it isnt about Pilgrim.1 but about the saving grace of a dying Saviour who while we were yet sinners commended His love towards us. As difficult as it may be let us not lose sight of the fact that Christ is the one who shld be glorified.
I humbly stand corrected.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Is It A Sin To Kill In Self Defense? / Thinking Out Loud! / Share Your Favorite Christmas Songs As You Wish A Nairalander Merry Xmas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.