Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,786 members, 7,810,051 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 PM

What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea (6343 Views)

Wanna Go To Ghana To Hustle, What Do U Guys Think Abt It / How Did You Get Your Admission Into An Oversea Uni. / =N=650,000 Ecobank 2010 World Cup Package (what Do U Guys Think?) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by bilms(m): 4:28pm On Sep 26, 2008
HI GUYS,

A BROS THAT HAS STAYED IN NETHERLAND FOR OVER 2OYEARS CAME TO NIGERIA AND STARTED CRYING. U NO Y?

this bros announce to his old freind here in Nigeria that he his coming back. so everybody is wating to see him arrive. on his arrival, he came with two car to catch fun on his stay and if he wants to leave, he can sell one to buy plane ticket and give his brother the other. but what he meets made him cry and we started begging him.some of his frined are commisioners, some are business men who have investment he could nevre think of. why dont u think of investing ur money instead of catching fun abroad. think b4 is too late.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by kenflipper(m): 5:20am On Sep 27, 2008
While there are some who get carried away and forget home when they travel, there are others who refuse to loose their identity and uphold the fundamentals of their upbring even after adopting a second citizenship.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by brownbonno(m): 9:46am On Sep 27, 2008
bilms:

HI GUYS,

A BROS THAT HAS STAYED IN NETHERLAND FOR OVER 2OYEARS CAME TO NIGERIA AND STARTED CRYING. U NO Y?

this bros announce to his old freind here in Nigeria that he his coming back. so everybody is wating to see him arrive. on his arrival, he came with two car to catch fun on his stay and if he wants to leave, he can sell one to buy plane ticket and give his brother the other. but what he meets made him cry and we started begging him.some of his frined are commisioners, some are business men who have investment he could nevre think of. why don't u think of investing ur money instead of catching fun abroad. think before is too late.

A typical Nigerian mentality,success are usually equated to financial wealth.Its painful that at this age of time people are still engrossed with money seeking life style undermining the dangers and the bad name(in some cases).
So,his friends and family where expecting him with money bags.Well if he was rich by any means see what would have happened to him
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68077.0.html.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by steeee(m): 11:15am On Sep 27, 2008
@poster
With people like you i do not think these Country called Nigeria can make any head way
Do we all want to be WINNERS ?
When Live in Nigeria is purely Meassured on freiends is a Public Officer who probaly has stolen the common wealth of all to enrich himself and immediate Family. These our problem Everybody coming from Abroad must be Stupendously rich if not his a failure
MAN rethink or ur perish
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by brownbonno(m): 12:37pm On Sep 27, 2008
Yes,it is a pathetic story of the way and manner in which the name of the nation Nigeria have been brought so low all in the name of money.
It is a BIG shame,we need a rethink for Nigeria to move forward.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by benincitys(f): 5:07pm On Sep 27, 2008
brownbonno @
that story was too sad to be true.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by tpia: 6:16pm On Sep 27, 2008
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by kadman(m): 11:07am On Sep 28, 2008
brownbonno:

A typical Nigerian mentality,success are usually equated to financial wealth.Its painful that at this age of time people are still engrossed with money seeking life style undermining the dangers and the bad name(in some cases).
So,his friends and family where expecting him with money bags.Well if he was rich by any means see what would have happened to him
https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-68077.0.html.

I just read the story now. I feel like crying. The thing has spoilt my whole mood. Why did they have to kill ? They got the money. Why did they have to kill ?
I will never never blame anyone who doesn't want to step into this country ever again.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by kadman(m): 11:09am On Sep 28, 2008
brownbonno:

Yes,it is a pathetic story of the way and manner in which the name of the nation Nigeria have been brought so low all in the name of money.
It is a BIG shame,we need a rethink for Nigeria to move forward.

Rethink ? What Rethink ? Stories like the one above just make me feel there is no hope. There's just too much wickedness in the heart of most Nigerians.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by brownbonno(m): 11:16am On Sep 28, 2008
benincitys:

brownbonno @
that story was too sad to be true.

This shows the kind of animals in human flesh we have in Nigeria.They are ready to do anything for MONEY.
When you look at the wealth of the nation,poverty,the religious nature,the wickedness,greed and corruption.It is difficult to balance the equation because of the divergent nature of the variables.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by benincitys(f): 3:01pm On Sep 28, 2008
i was going to OK my ticket tomorrow now i don't no what to do, i have nightmare after reading that story.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by brownbonno(m): 4:27pm On Sep 28, 2008
benincitys:

i was going to OK my ticket tomorrow now i don't no what to do, i have nightmare after reading that story.

Ok your ticket i am sure you will be fine.
Just be yourself,normal life and it shall be well.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by ikeyman00(m): 1:50pm On Oct 05, 2008
i think u right there siena

benin people emm lipsrsealed

not the best place to stay espeacially if u oversea

we already know that

any objection
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by Sisikill: 2:05pm On Oct 05, 2008
@poster
With people like you i do not think these Country called Nigeria can make any head way
Do we all want to be WINNERS ?
When Live in Nigeria is purely Meassured on freiends is a Public Officer who probaly has stolen the common wealth of all to enrich himself and immediate Family. These our problem Everybody coming from Abroad must be Stupendously rich if not his a failure
MAN rethink or ur perish

Do we all want to be winners? Err. . . I'd hope so. I doubt anyone wakes up in the morning and says "Today, I hope to be a loser, father Lord help me be the best loser I can be"

I think you meant to say not everyone wants to be ostentatious and materialistic, right?
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by Thor(m): 2:11pm On Oct 05, 2008
It is definitely not about patriotism, it is definitely about not wanting to live in a shithole like Nigeria.

Quality fo life is important, we only have a short time here on earth and who can honestly say they want to spend it in a cesspit full of filth that Nigeria is.

Simple fact, whatever you say, anywhere is better than Nigeria, I would even live in a toilet bowl if I had the choice.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by ikeyman00(m): 3:01pm On Oct 05, 2008
yes courtesy to this platform, i think the nigerians now have a chance to decide

no comment!!
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by ikeyman00(m): 3:48pm On Oct 05, 2008
why dont u go back to your own country and build it up for your own children--children

continue fooling yourself

me love that too!!dnt like games

enough respest as always
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by pafun(m): 6:43pm On Oct 05, 2008
I also read the story and it is a very sad one. A hard working woman living abroad comes home with her children only to be murdered. Very sad , but fortunately not an everyday occurrence . Mistake people living abroad make when they visit is tp send a town crier ahead to announce their coming and possibly arrange for drummers and praise singers to tell the world that "they have arrived" and that they have come to oppress everyone else with their "success" . It will not be surprising however that men of the underworld will also mix up with the welcoming crowd.
Nigerians get robbed and killed abroad also anyway. The only difference is that there is a high probability that the murderers will be caught if done in a better equipped country , always too late in every case. If "good people" (like you) stay away and let the society get strangled by evil people who is to blame ? If you can't be in Nigeria and you truly love your country , find ways to assist efforts to make things work and not just stand at distance and curse the people living in Nigeria for their wickedness . Since when have you guys thought of forming pressure groups abroad to influence who gets voted into public office in your local government area , your local police , how your local hospitals are run , how local wealth generation programmes can be implemented ? But of course that is not your responsibility ; it is the job of the evil people in government. cheesy cheesy
We all get the country that we deserve , and in the end staying away in UK, US etc even if for fifty years doesn't make you British or American (when you get to places that matter they will certainly make you realise that fact) , it only makes you and your children dislocated Nigerians. If I were one of those unlucky bereaved children , instead of staying away I will rally friends and relations together and make it my life long duty to make sure that the people who killed my mother are caught and punished. This way, we can all change the country bit by bit in our own little way.
Many of us have lived abroad too for many years and surprisingly we see that the people most averse to returning home are those that have no business living abroad - typically having pitiful jobs, earning pitiful pays , living in pitiful house , wearing pitiful clothes and eating pitiful food. They probably have nothing to return home to and that is why they earn my pity , but they shouldn't on the other hand Knock those who chose to.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by tpia: 11:07pm On Oct 05, 2008
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by bawomolo(m): 1:15am On Oct 06, 2008
tpia:

please stop confusing Nigeria with the cesspits, shitholes and arid stinking wastelands your ancestors sprung from.

Hopefully you will end up living in the toilet you wish for.

yeye na yab be this
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 9:37am On Oct 06, 2008
@ thor

thor I dont really know the filthy nigeria you are talking about. the one I live in isnt filthy and am enjoying a qualitative life here.

@ siena
siena! Siena dearie!! siena sweetie pie!!! siena hunnn!!!! you cant run for ever you know. somehow something or someone will bring you back to the place you love so much but wont just admit. hmmm.

To others that think their fathers land is a cesspit of filth, degradation and diseases
fugitives in another mans land.
make your place to be good the same way others made theirs.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 10:04am On Oct 06, 2008
@ siena

so you wont come back even when you are offered governorship of Lagos state? huh??
what can be better than that? mmmm siena?? common, dont be rigid. its not too good for the waist and backside!
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 10:19am On Oct 06, 2008
@ siena!
you have not been here in the last 18years. dont you think some things might have changed?
I will be in the UK in december. i will bring along the sweetest pineapples, mangoes, bananas etc. sweet fruits from your fatherland to douse your apprehension.

there is abundance of milk and honey here. maybe you should just relax and take a trip to lagos. i will host you and i promise your stay will be very memorable.

from lagos we shall go to calabar. I will treat your taste buds to the most delicious edikain kong soup. you will rekindle the distinct taste of bushmeat and roasted wild antelope and palmwine.

from there off we go to obudu. you will have a look of nature in its pristine form from the cable cars. you will drink fresh free coconut milk. unadultrated.

then off we go to abuja via nsukka. we shal visit the nite clubs and meet the saavy and sporty women before I put you in arik airs new airbus A340-600 for a memorable flight back to UK
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 11:03am On Oct 06, 2008
@ siena
Hahah. gotcha!
ok so why dont u want a trip down memory lane?
when we were young there was this family that never travelled home. each christmas when we stuff our cars with yams and goats for the village they always remain back.
when you ask they say tufiakwa! they cannot return to their home states because they are fettish, that juju will kill them etc etc. they really painted this terrible picture of their towns men.

when we eventually got to go to their village they had no house! hence the excuse that they have witches from the village after them. they did not have a place to sleep. no family house.

siena huunnnnn, I suspect you may have personal reasons and i will not press you for that.
ok Im begging. give us a chance. okay? just 2 weeks holiday and i promise to change your perception of Nigeria forever.

u should be around 39- 42 years am I correct? were you born in November, July? you are fair average height and a bit plump? you wear glasses? you like cars? just trying out my new hobby on you.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by tpia: 2:22pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 2:55pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ tipia.

I know how you feel but siena to me is just a lone voice in the desert. there are plenty others out there including foreigners that have something fantastic to say about nigeria and nigerians. He is just a figure and am sure that whatever negative perceptions he may have of Nigeria pales into insignificance when you compare it with others that hav positive experiences.

Some people, even citizens of 1st world countries have disowned their countries. there might be something there, maybe a betrayal not necessarily from the country but from personal experiences with people, relations, services and institutions. until you know what the actual problem is, you may never be able to understand why some people feel the way they do

that does not make siena a terrible and unreasonable person. I think he needs to be healed of his negative perception of nigeria and we need a lot of patience to turn him around.

or siena dont you think so, ?
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by agaba123(m): 3:19pm On Oct 06, 2008
hehe
People still live there and not all of them have been killed.

I will not because yobs kill and stab in london say I will not live in London.

Every environmenty has its own rule of engagement.
Obey the rule and you will be safe. Sometimes fate cannot be explained though.
I will be home this december. Bought my ticket already grin
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by agaba123(m): 3:26pm On Oct 06, 2008
meanwhile my[b] heel[/b] is clean
I will take my heel from oversea to nigeria
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by tpia: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2008
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by igbogolo: 5:06pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ tpia
broe, you have a lot of fire in that mouth of yours. I think we are overflogging this siena issue. he is not the essence of this thread and rubbing on the same issue will only draw attention.
he does not feel like coming back to nigeria. maybe he could not make it here or something. u never can tell why a nigerian can turn his back to his country. although many nigerians transverse the globe, they eventually come back someday. either as old bones or in cheap coffins but they definetely find their way back sometime, somehow

so relax okay? siena will have good songs to sing about this country soon.
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by shotster50(m): 7:10pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ Thor.

I am so sorry to say this but from your posts here and somewhere else,  i find you very hypocritical. One minute you are asking why anyone would want to live in a cesspit ( Nigeria), and the next you are wondering why anyone would want to leave nigeria to become an illegal alien in a foreign land. 
Why don't you just open your mind and shut your mouth, both are empty anyway. Jeeez!!!!
Re: What The Heel Are U Guys Doing Oversea by kadman(m): 7:25pm On Oct 06, 2008
shotster50:

@ Thor.

I am so sorry to say this but from your posts here and somewhere else, i find you very hypocritical. One minute your asking why anyone would want to live in cesspit in Nigeria and the next you are wondering why anyone would want to leave to nigeria to become illegal in a foreign land.
Why don't you just open your mind and shut your mouth, both are empty anyway. Jeeez!!!!

Ha Ha,funny. I noticed his hypocritical rantings too. What an assh*le

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Help.....travelling To Republic Of Suriname In South America. / Things Needed For Customs At Lagos Airport? / Traveling To Mali

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.