Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,380 members, 7,843,131 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:54 PM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (32) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48820 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 3:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
like asking for his bank balance in 1999?

what was OBJs bank balance b4 the election? do you know

if you wanna ask questions as it relates to his plans and stuff- ASK

do not tell him hes corrupt if you dont have any evidence

if you think hes not good enuff, go to the polling center and cast your vote for someone else

Hold on a second , Is he contesting in 1999? I think what should be of interest now is wat he is worth now.The guy already answered what he does for a living.His statements of accounts are not public liability just like David cameron's or Blairs isnt. Its a data for the election office in dis case i guess INEC.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 3:54pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Madejibo, Thanks u so much for that ans, That's exactly the point i am making.

If money doesnt change u , better check ur account balance mate cos it means you havent made enough.

Me i havent even made half of what Dapo makes and i am living large and i care to tell anyone that London is not a blody leveler so wake up from ur dreams we are not on the same scope.

If you can afford your way of life,Go for it simple.If you beef me for that,why do i have to make an effort to explain to you?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 3:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Actually, you are wrong in your attempt there to DECIDE what can be asked or not asked of Dapolam. It's a pity how living in Nigeria, many of our youths have no idea why it is necessary for them all to ask as many questions as possible to get a good understanding of who they are about to put in charge of their lives.
Yes, he can ask any question of Dapolam he deems important to his understanding if Dapolam is fit for the position or not. I suggest you try to pay some more attention to how it is done in other democracies, like America, in Europe and even in the east.

You ask questions of your candidates so you get a feel of whether they are good enough or not. And based on responses, you decide whether you will rather go to the polling center to vote for someone else. It is foolishness to do the latter before the former.

So, again, if you are not Dapolam, please Let DAPOLAM speak up for himself. Stop making yourself a STUMBLING BLOCK in the way of democracy!
Foolish man or woman

who says you shouldnt ask questions

see my response and stop being a pederast like you always do

ask questions but dont call him corrupt if u dont have evidence

and what on earth makes you think i dont know how democracy is practised in the west

your idea of someone who lives in Nigeria is lame, dumb and myopic

please ask question like ure sane is all we asked for. and if you think im a stumbling block to stupidity, then no wahala
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 3:59pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

Foolish man or woman

who says you shouldnt ask questions

see my response and stop being a pederast like you always do

ask questions but dont call him corrupt if u dont have evidence

and what on earth makes you think i dont know how democracy is practised in the west

your idea of someone who lives in Nigeria is lame, dumb and myopic

please ask question like ure sane is all we asked for. and if you think im a stumbling block to stupidity, then no wahala

Lo and Behold, you confirm what I am saying about our youths and where our democracy still remains. . .  I don't care whether you choose to think yourself a fool or something worse,  again, the point is HE IS FREE AS A CITIZEN TO ASK TO MAKE DEMANDS OF HIS CANDIDATES. Take an example from what is seen  in other democracies to understand what is acceptable. STOP making yourself an AGBERO in the way of this democratic process.

i suspect someone is going to come in to tell me the usual "he was a business man and made all his money in business" crap we are used to telling ourselves . .
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 4:04pm On Oct 07, 2010
afofun ikeji aja

stop being a nuisance to NL and those around you

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 4:12pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

afofun ikeji aja

stop being a nuisance to NL and those around you

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not take your own advice and get yourself a life instead of coming on here, making yourself Dapolam's MOUTHPIECE much like someone who has no life of his own. Stop being a nuisance to the process . . . get a life and let Dapolam speak for himself. He wants to serve the people -- let him deal with the people and answer their concerns.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:20pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

how he rolled has got nothing to do with his political life lest all the people in power today shd be impeached

he has no answers as per his finances cos this is not EFCC

i cant remember when he held a public post. so someone who has been private all his life is accountable to you?

i laff in hindu

That's what I said, forget how he rolled then, afterall he was under his father's care.

But he becomes accountable to me the moment he offers himself up for elective office. Then he has to convince me whether to vote for him or not.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 4:24pm On Oct 07, 2010
Kobojunkie:

Why not take your own advice and get yourself a life instead of coming on here, making yourself Dapolam's MOUTHPIECE much like someone who has no life of his own. Stop being a nuisance to the process . . . get a life and let Dapolam speak for himself. He wants to serve the people -- let him deal with the people and answer their concerns.
dang!

ure a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cos someone wants to serve his land, then you subject him to ridiculous remarks and questions

did he steal ur money or did you entrust ur money in his care. ur stupid and asinine comments cannot just fly this time

get a grip or hug an electric pole
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 4:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
ziddy:

That's what I said, forget how he rolled then, afterall he was under his father's care.

But he becomes accountable to me the moment he offers himself up for elective office. Then he has to convince me whether to vote for him or not.
hes not accountable to you but can convince you to vote for him

hes only accountable to Nigerians if he has held a public post before today.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 4:29pm On Oct 07, 2010
This is not productive anymore if its all about insulting yourselves. All i ask is ask reasonable questions and stop judging someone you dont know.

Let not your questions be so antagonistic.If you feel you already have answers to your questions from the hearsays then please dont ask and stick to what you already believe.

We are all adults and should be matured about how we don things. Name calling wont change anything and this forum is not for insults.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by jaybee3(m): 4:30pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ TKB
IMO these questions are needed as character screening should be done to anyone putting their names in the hat for public office.
Is the dude of Good character?
Do people change?
If he has changed are the masses ready move forward and accept his wrongs?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 4:31pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Jay bee, Has the dude changed from what?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by jaybee3(m): 4:33pm On Oct 07, 2010
Has his character changed
If you've managed to read through the posts you will see that his character has been questioned time and time again.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
jay bee:

@ TKB
IMO these questions are needed as character screening should be done to anyone putting their names in the hat for public office.
Do people change?
believe me, these people dont even know JACK about him

if the boi has changed from what to what?

if the dude is of good character?

im not sure he was a drug addict, armed robber nor an embezzler

so, what do you mean if he has changed?

u wanna clarify things?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

dang!

ure a disgrace!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cos someone wants to serve his land, then you subject him to ridiculous remarks and questions

did he steal your money or did you entrust your money in his care. your silly and asinine comments cannot just fly this time

get a grip or hug an electric pole

I understand that you believe you are a disgrace in your home . . . but that is for another thread.

The point here is you LET DAPOLAM speak for himself. Stop making yourself his MOUTHPIECE, unless you are trying to tell us you are DAPOLAM himself. This is democracy . .  . people are free to ask questions of those who run for office and it is up to them to answer accordingly, not get AGBEROS to SCARE people away from making enquiries or demanding answers to past accusations made.

I am glad you already know to hug an electric pole, but all that you are being asked to do is simply step to the side and allow democracy work as it ought to.  Let the candidate answer the questions the people have to ask him. And he can also answer to the accusations as well. Again, learn from how it is done in other successful democracies, not think you can bend the rules when it suits you -- this portion is what democracy is against.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

@Ronnie AA
Me my father was nothing I rocked ibadan with my galant, did club man, if my father was gov I will probably do more. Let he have no sin cast the first stone.
@dayokanu
Come to naija and develop it stop killing urself over green card if u can't don't criticise

If you have nothing meaningful to contribute just keep quiet.

So if you are not in Nigeria, You cant make contributions on how my fatherland should be governed? I SMH when I see the way people reason.

if you wanna ask questions as it relates to his plans and stuff- ASK

do not tell him hes corrupt if you dont have any evidence

if you think hes not good enuff, go to the polling center and cast your vote for someone else

This reasoning is shocking to say the least. Dont let your employers see this abeg.

We shouldnt ask an aspirant for his source of income? So if he has been making illegal income from MEND, drug trafficking, corruption, yahoo-yahoo or even rituals we shouldnt question his source of income Just Ask about his plans?

This is stunning. A new one from the stables of TKB

ziddy:

Exactly. I am not offering myself for elective post to represent people, The moment i do so, I can entertain ANY form of scrutiny since I owe it to my electorates.

Hold on a second , Is he contesting in 1999? I think what should be of interest now is wat he is worth now.The guy already answered what he does for a living.His statements of accounts are not public liability just like David cameron's or Blairs isnt. Its a data for the election office in dis case i guess INEC.

This is the least intelligent post I have seen on NL and its typical of Dapolams supporters.

In accounting why do you think "Balance brought forward" is important in a financial statement.

Any Primary school student knows that When you see a current worth of any entity, The next question is to ask what the brought forward is to know how much was accumulated in the period under review.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 4:37pm On Oct 07, 2010
jay bee:

Has his character changed
If you've managed to read through the posts you will see that his character has been questioned time and time again.

someone said he drove a Navigator -lie
someone said he shaqs- lie

fabrications!!!!

@dayokanu
u dont have a brain
sorry to say. u lost it the day you left Nigeria cos ur reasoning is at par with Kobojunkie hence the applesauce ure spewing

how u ask for someones bank statement online in a public forum shows how demented uve become lately
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 4:38pm On Oct 07, 2010
@ Dayo Kanu, I refused to be insulted by you or anyone else on this forum, If you do not have any respect for yourself please i have not traded my respect by speaking my mind.

I have in no form or whatsoever insulted you so please be warned and learn how to talk and approach pple
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:40pm On Oct 07, 2010
jay bee:

@ TKB
Do people change?

Jaybee, I tire o.

Its illegal to ask how an individual contesting for elective post came about his money?

He was broke in 1999, In 2008 has an oil company.

He claims his source of riches was from "GIFTS" from his father friends Yet His supporters said we shouldnt question him.

If I know Jaybee Had 1million in 1999 and after working a 2million/annum job for 10 yrs he claims to have 1billion in his account, Shouldnt the logical question be "Where did the additional income come from"?

I guess not to Dapolams supporters.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
See . . . simply telling him to LET THE PROCESS handle its own and BOOM, the neophyte starts to insult himself and his upbringing. LOL

That is the pervading AGBERO mentality among our youths -- this need to fight wars against the masses for those they are currently fawning over, without realizing how much damage they do to progress by that.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by jaybee3(m): 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
@TKB
U be IB boy?

Are you now saying it's OK for Mohammed Abacha to run for president all because he only misbehaved while his dad was in that seat? This is the same dude that committed numerous atrocities oh.
Fact M Abacha's crime can't be compared to DL as most people's grievances are along the line of DL's exuberant ways when the dad was in office.

What makes you think that same character won't still do the same if he gets into power again.

you see questions ought to be asked.
And argument of wouldn't you do the same if your folks where in power is a bit lame.
We should always do right regardless of whatever position we are in.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dayokanu is always so arrogant now. All people talk abt is hear say. Dapo lam only enjoyed life in UI which all of us would have done. I still insist he was down to earth I knew him well. As per his cars he drove one car at a time honda (pure water),v boot, v boot(padded) e class, cherokee suv, 406 all these cars were traded to get the other abeg if u don't know this guy just shut up.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
@jay bee
What were his misbehaviours when his father was governor?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:50pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

@dayokanu
u dont have a brain
sorry to say. u lost it the day you left Nigeria cos your reasoning is at par with Kobojunkie hence the applesauce ure spewing

how u ask for someones bank statement online in a public forum shows how demented uve become lately

Asking for how much he is worth is unreasonable to you?

When Dapolam came ONLINE to tell us he wanted to contest for an elective position What was he expecting? I bet he thinks all Nigerians are psychophants. From responses on this thread he is not too far from the truth.

Its just Thursday and from the look of things it seems you are drunk already
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 4:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
tkb417:

hes not accountable to you but can convince you to vote for him

hes only accountable to Nigerians if he has held a public post before today.

He is accountable. If he's living beyond his means, the moment he offers to serve, the ordinary Nigerian has the right to point to such evidence of corruption and ask him for clarification. We cannot continue to abandon our collective heritage to shady characters, just because we are afraid to ask question.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:53pm On Oct 07, 2010
madejibo:

@jay bee
What were his misbehaviours when his father was governor?

Dapolam was the subject of discussion on all media houses in Oyo State when his dad was running for the second term based on his ostentatious lifestyle.

madejibo:

Dayokanu is always so arrogant now. All people talk abt is hear say. Dapo lam only enjoyed life in UI which all of us would have done. I still insist he was down to earth I knew him well. As per his cars he drove one car at a time honda (pure water),v boot, v boot(padded) e class, cherokee suv, 406 all these cars were traded to get the other abeg if u don't know this guy just shut up.

You should have learnt from you Koro experience way back in 2006-2007.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 4:55pm On Oct 07, 2010
Has anyone any evidence to all these allegations?

Did anyone actually confirm any of those allegations?

Even the court of law will not pass judgements without convincing evidences, We sure have so many judges in the house.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 4:57pm On Oct 07, 2010
ziddy:

He is accountable. If he's living beyond his means, the moment he offers to serve, the ordinary Nigerian has the right to point to such evidence of corruption as ask him for clarification. We cannot continue to abandon our collective heritage to shady characters, just because we are afraid to ask question.

That is the point most people here dont understand.

Anyone that offers himself to represent people Has immediately signed that he can be scrutinized.

If you are just an ordinary person on the street, No one would bother about you, But the moment you offer to represent people and come out for elective post, The electorates have a right to ask questions.

Madejibo and co.

Explain How a broke boy in 1999 became a partner in an oil company in 2008 from proceeds of a cyber cafe without any form of employment in between
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Kobojunkie: 4:58pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ronnie AAA:

Even the court of law will not pass judgements without convincing evidences, We sure have so many judges in the house.

El dufus . . . . why do you think the questions are being asked of DAPOLAM on here?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:00pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ronnie AAA:

Evidence to what exactly?

Evidence that he was broke in 1999 or evidence that he owns an Oil company right now?

Which confirmation or Confirmation of what? Pls be coherent.

Court of law to pass judgment on whether he was broke in 1999 or now has a Oil coy in 2008? I am at a loss here

If you contest for an elective post, Do we need a judge to ask you how you came about your income if its significantly different from what you make at you job at Glaxosmithline, Pfizer or GTB?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 5:11pm On Oct 07, 2010
@dayokanu
Please be honest if your father were to be gov for 4 years tell me the truth won't u set up a biz in naija and make money instead of being a 2nd class citizen in yanky.dapo lam only took good of his opportunity even just because he is an ex gov son he has access to a lot of goodwill. I supported koro in 2007 because pple like u misunderstood him and because tinubu till 2day is one of the biggest thieves in naija. I can't vote for Dapo but I know things abt him that pple really don't know but ll just talk thrash based on hear say simple.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^ If my father is governor in Nigeria,

Now where would I get the money to start a company? That must mean my father was stealing money or I was involved in some form of corrupt enrichment.

Maybe I should clarify, My going to US is a personal choice Cos while in Nigeria I had one of the best jobs anyone could dream of in the country.

Some things I enjoy in Nigeria I cant enjoy it here. It was only in Nigeria that I had the oppotunity of flying in a helicopter from PH to Lagos just to attend a 4 hr meeting, It was in Nigeria I had the opportunity to stay in the best Hotels in Abuja.

These things I dont have them in the US. and about your sayings about second class citizens? I can tell you I do better than 60% of Americans at the moment.

At this point in my life, I would rather live in that kind of environment than live as a first class citizen in Nigeria

(1) (2) (3) ... (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) ... (37) (Reply)

Elder Orubebe Celebrates His 56th Birthday With His Twin Sister In Style. Photos / Osun Residents Storm Residence Of Isiaka Adeleke Who Died This Morning. PICS / Dino Melaye And His 2 Sons Rock Stylish Super Eagles Jersey (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.