Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,172 members, 7,842,368 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 07:19 AM

Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders - Politics (34) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders (48815 Views)

Buhari Speaks To ARISE TV On New Cabinet, Saraki, Others / Gbajabiamila Accepts Defeat, Pledges Loyalty To Speaker Dogara / Kate Henshaw Loses PDP Primaries, Accepts Defeat (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:39pm On Oct 07, 2010
^^ I dont get you.

Has he answered how a broke boy became an Oil company CEO after his fathers tenure?

How much was his dads salary as a guvnor, And How did Dapolam as a person make his own money, What business, job did he do?

Was it "GIFTS" from dads friend that made him owner of an Oil company? And who are the "GIFTERS" of the "GIFTS" are they "GIFTING" the "GIFTS" as a means to get something in return or just normal Xmas/Sallah "GIFTS"
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 7:41pm On Oct 07, 2010
The only answer he attempted to give was that the difference between the broke boy of 1999 and the Oil coy CEO in 2008 was "GIFTS" from dads friends.

Now what wld be the next logical question to ask or are you satisfied by that answer?
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Tochi3(m): 7:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
To_Chi,

You get liver o.

How can you ask An aspirants those kind of questions?

Dont you know in Nigeria its illegal to ask aspirants about their wealth, Source of income and finances,

I get your sarcasm. We cannot continue in the old ways of avoiding to demand answers to questions that borders on competence, honesty and transparency. For over 50 years we have failed and still failing to ask qualitative questions either for fear or favour and the result is a clear testimony of the Nigerian Society and it's ills.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 8:09pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ok He said he was given gifts, He had a cybercafe and all dt he said still did not satisfy you.

So you want him to give a list of all those who gave him "gifts" and then u will go and confirm they truly did?

Or you want the details of the bank that gave skipets a loan to confirm they gave a loan?

Even this article in which he said he had made mistakes like every normal human beings did not satisfy you http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=28001274338&topic=8132

What wud you say about the former IG's son?

What do you have to say about baba iyabo's from Prison to president?

What next? I ask thee almighty!!!

You moved from how he oppressed the whole of ibadan, UI,dated the best jambite bla bla bla to his source of income

There's only one problem i see, Its the fact that Dapo even gave a response or came onto the forum.

I would have employed the "let them say" slogan. My point here is no matter what the dude says, You will all not be satisfied.

You already have your mind made up from Media and hearsay so i beg you stick to what you heard to be the truth.

Logical questions only deserve answers if asked by open and free minded peeps.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 8:40pm On Oct 07, 2010
Ronnie.

Lets be reasonable here.

If Mohammed Abacha comes forward and tell you the source of his riches were from gifts, cybercafes and boreholes. We should just take his word for it and assume he is clean like he claims

Even james Ibori would tell us he made all his billions from hawking biscuit and kolanut

You moved from how he oppressed the whole of ibadan, UI,dated the best jambite bla bla bla to his source of income

I didnt attend UI so how would I know he dated the best JAMBITE? Can you quote me where I said he dated the best JAMBITE or this is another attempt by Dapolams supporter to avoid issues and throw red herrings?

Even this article in which he said he had made mistakes like every normal human beings did not satisfy you

What are the kind of mistakes we are talking about? Is it the kind of IBB mistakes, Or mistakenly stole $12bn or mistakely annuled an election or mistakenly ran the stop light? Mistakes are different from Mistakes.

I would have employed the "let them say" slogan. My point here is no matter what the dude says, You will all not be satisfied.

You already have your mind made up from Media and hearsay so i beg you stick to what you heard to be the truth.

Logical questions only deserve answers if asked by open and free minded peeps.

Maybe he should have adopted your stance cos I see people who castigated IBB for his "Mistakes" of the past, Where he mistakenly killed Dele Giwa, Mistakenly annulled June 12 and Mistakenly embezzled $12bn are now saying we should free Dapolam.

He should ignore people he is looking to get their votes and concentrate more on ways to rig himself in.

No be today things like that dey happen for naija
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 9:02pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dayo,

Infact i just read this again, I totally understand your point Dayo but i need you to understand my point as well.

I cnt believe you are making a fuss about Dapo being a CEO of a company worth less than 10million Naira.

How much exactly is 10m million naira? £40,000 lol i am laughing so hard.

How long have u been in the states? That amount is probably abt 5months salary.

That would have been easily contributed by 2,4,5,10 pple wanting favours from his father.

His sister lives in the Uk and wasnt even in naija during Guv Lam's tenure and even before her dad became the guv ,she was worth more than that in investments.

Please lets continue this discussion when Dapo is worth proper money not 10million naira CEO of a small company Abeg
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 9:51pm On Oct 07, 2010
1. I never drove/owned a Lincoln Navigator but drove/owned the following cars: While I sold one to get the next.

Nissan Stanza (1999)

Honda (Pure water) (2000)

Blue Mercedes Benz (2001)

Black Mercedes Benz Padded (2002)

E class Owned by my parents (2002)

Cherokee Jeep (2003)

Peugeot 406(2004)

BMW (2006)

Volks wagon Jetta (2008)

Pls note: None was a brand new car. It was all fairly used that we like to call Tokunbo.

2. I never solely owned any company/Business except Skynet World Cyber cafe that was established in year 2000 and closed sometimes in 2004/2005 and it was opened with around N1,000, 000 (One million naira).By the time I closed it I had made close to N7, 000,000(Seven million Naira).It was located at Oluyole Estate and precisely Banner group plaza. It was the peak of that business in Nigeria as not so many people had internet facilities in their house like now.Skynet world was very popular then. I had to close it down when the cybercrime thing started.

We made between N9, 000 and N13, 000 on a daily basis from the Cybercafé and it was run by my late friend Kola Oginni (R.I.P)

3. We Started Skipet Oil and Gas ltd sometimes in Aug, 2007 and the following are the detail of the company.It was incorporated on the 29th of August, 2007.

A.It was started with six partners and never even up till now did the capital of the company which included a loan from our bank pass N10, 000,000(Ten Million Naira). Details can be given to anyone who wants to probe further.

B.I have a Twenty percent(20%) in the business.

C.We do supply of diesel to end users only which includes Ice cream joints,Hotels,Eateries,Banks,Borehole drillers, Private houses, e.t.c in Ibadan only. This is all we do. It is just diesel supply business.

D.The incorporation number of the company is RC 705989.

E.We have never had anything to do with oil rigs or oil blocks but only load and supply to end users in Ibadan.

4. Up till today 7th October, 2010, I have never executed any government contract. Either before, during or after my father’s tenure as Governor of Oyo State. Neither did I help anyone to secure a contract.

5. The gifts been referred to are monetary gifts given during my birthdays, sallah period, New year,Xmas,Ramadan,Weddings of siblings or when friends of my father/Mother come visiting the house and I wisely invested most in shares before the sector broke down to the glory of God.

My stockbrokers are integrated trust investment and Sanbros trust both at Dugbe in ibadan for further enquiries.

6. I wonder where the issue of making so much money comes from. I have remained an average citizen all my life but cannot dispute the fact that it surely got better when my father became governor. All to the glory of God Almighty.

I have banked all my life with First bank, IBTC, Societe Generalle and Nigeria Arab bank.

For security reasons, It will not advisable to give details of my account online but for anyone who wants to probe, kindly find out from all these banks. I have never had all the huge amounts been claimed here.

Incase any other account is traced to me apart from the above mentioned please kindly notify the appropriate agencies for further investigation.

7. I never owned Yeepa/Options as claimed by someone here a while ago.

8. I do not own a personal house/land at the moment.

IF ANY OF MY CLAIM (S) IS DISPUTED PLEASE KINDLY WRITE ALL THE NECESSARY AGENCIES FOR PROSECUTION.

I remain yours always
Adedapo Lam Adesina
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2010
Dapo lam nice one I knew u jaare in UI and u lived a good life which any bobo ll live if given d opportunity u had. It is just paining me I am just seeing dis thread today after abt 2years it has been created as for the much I knew till 2005 u are good to go.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 10:19pm On Oct 07, 2010
Lo Ba tan oooooooooo,

Anymore questions?

Anymore more allegations generated from hearsay?

Dapo sef too get time.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 10:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
@dapolam
U know what I like abt u ur sincerity, I know all ur cars I hv mentioned d cars b4 u posted dem only that I stopped in 2005 with d 406 cos dats wen I left ibadan. None of dem was even new. We used to yab u sef that u were not hard enough some of us would have done more if our fathers were govs. @dayokanu pls stop bragging abt ur life style
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by RonnieAAA: 10:36pm On Oct 07, 2010
@Madejibo, I have told Dapo he is not accountable to any stereotypic or prejudiced pple asking questions.

Out of all my friends he is probably the most loyal anyway, Dnt judge d poor guy from a distance, make an effort ,get to know him n dn i will shut my mouth wen you criticise him,

Abeg i dey go sleep , i dnt have time for question on how Dapo is a CEO of his 10million naira worth of bizness.

Thank God i am not Ronnie Akande, Dayo wud have asked where i got my money,car house n even possibly my child,

@Dapo , Wo sweetheart ma wo ntie, where d lord is taking u no man can stop it.I am still ur sista anyday my darling.

Rest ur head hon , where u are today na God bro no be man n u r still going beyond it with or witout house of rep.

Who God has bless no man can curse na beef go just plenty lol
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olafolarin(m): 11:27pm On Oct 07, 2010
With all due respect, this guy ( Dapo Lam Adeshina) definitely won my vote with his sincerity.
I graduated from UNILAG,had a golf(pure water) bile in school and never had a governor father or commissioner cousin but I can today conveniently float a N10Million Oil Coy without any assistance or "gifts" from anybody.
All I'msaying is that Dapolam should no be crucified for owning a N10M Oil Coy.For a former governor's son, he can earn that amount without fraud.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by JakeB: 8:08am On Oct 08, 2010
see https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-527450.0.html to join the 1 million posts against IBB. Paste on every blog page or site you know worldwide
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by damas11111(m): 12:41pm On Oct 08, 2010
This is an interesting thread. At first when I saw the thread my reaction was "why Dapo Lam again? Must he rule because his father did?" But having taken the time and stress to scan through the posts and his response as well, I am now really convinced in Dapo Lam. He has displayed maturity and it shows that he is a good guy.

I used to "not like" Great Lam for some of his utterances when he was the gorvernor of Oyo state where I come from but as Dapo said himself, his father made some mistakes and he did some good stuff. Not many will acknowledge that their father made some blunders especially when they can afford to.

I have met Dapo on one or two occasions but definitely he can not know or remember. He was the darling of most politicians who thronged his father's house in Felele during 2007 elections. The little I know of him could not let me make a judgement of the type of person he is but I can imagine the stuff he is made of now.

@Dapo, FYI my brother Ojetola contested for the Fed House of Assembly (Ib. North Contituency) in 2007. He won but was denied by the late Adedibu who instructed that the result be manipulated at the last minute. Anyway we all know the PDP style so this is not news.

Posters, pls let's give this guy a chance if only for the fact that he was not found wanting as a son of a sitting gorvernor during his father regime. Not many can boast of being able to achieve that with his father as a state gorvernior. As for me I will support his aspiration and pray for him to succeed if he REALLY means well for the masses.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 25, 2010
@ madejibo.
Dayokanu never bragged about his life style he is only saying the truth,i can attest to all he says,he actually lives better than 60% of Americans(on his level) and(80% of Nigerians his level),trust me on this one,i also know alot about u and i dont come here attacking your personality just because we dont agree on issues.He has a right to ask dapolam question bearing in mind the dude is running for  public office.

I sincerely dont understand the way nigerians think so because he lives in the US he is a second class citizen or he is dieing to get a green card?what has all that got to do with the fact that dapolam is running for house of reps and we have everyright to ask him questions as we deem fit.Remember i was in UI all this time too,quit attacking peoples personality and talk about the issue on ground.
angry angry angry angry angry angry
@ TKB
You fall my hand. sad sad sad sad sad sad
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 7:35am On Oct 25, 2010
@femilangy
Please quote the issues dayokanu mentioned
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 7:49am On Oct 25, 2010
^^^^^^^^

All the following are simple questions we all ahve a right to ask any aspiring public office holder.

@Dapolam,
Don't tell us to bring evidence of corrupt enrichment rather you try to be transparent and tell us how a broke boy in 1999 became a partner in an oil company without ever working

Re: Is This True Or False- Dapo Lam Adesina For House Of Representative,2011?
« #974 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03 PM »

@Dapo hear yourself speak.

You work at Skipet oil and gas. a company that has no website so we cant actually verify.

Pls who are the directors i guess this is another outfit for you and your family members to get oil blocks from Politicians.

The more you talk the more you expose yourself.

Give me the company profile of Skipet. what are their business strategy apart from sharing government money.

Where is their headquarters. Is it upstream or Down steam.

Who are their directors.

What was the profit last year before and after tax

What is their EBITDA. who is the company secretary, who is the MD, How many staffs do they have?

When was it incorporated.

Who are the auditors.

what is their strategy Successful effort or what.

What was your position at the company are you the secretary, Financial analyst or the MD.

What was your Bank account like pre 1999 and Post 2003 ( the four years that your Dad was Governor)
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by olafolarin(m): 11:59am On Oct 25, 2010
femilangy:

^^^^^^^^

All the following are simple questions we all ahve a right to ask any aspiring public office holder.

@Dapolam,
Don't tell us to bring evidence of corrupt enrichment rather you try to be transparent and tell us how a broke boy in 1999 became a partner in an oil company without ever working

Re: Is This True Or False- Dapo Lam Adesina For House Of Representative,2011?
« #974 on: October 07, 2010, 03:03 PM »

@Dapo hear yourself speak.

You work at Skipet oil and gas. a company that has no website so we cant actually verify.

Pls who are the directors i guess this is another outfit for you and your family members to get oil blocks from Politicians.

The more you talk the more you expose yourself.

Give me the company profile of Skipet. what are their business strategy apart from sharing government money.

Where is their headquarters. Is it upstream or Down steam.

Who are their directors.

What was the profit last year before and after tax

What is their EBITDA. who is the company secretary, who is the MD, How many staffs do they have?

When was it incorporated.

Who are the auditors.

what is their strategy Successful effort or what.

What was your position at the company are you the secretary, Financial analyst or the MD.

What was your Bank account like pre 1999 and Post 2003 ( the four years that your Dad was Governor)

Do you expect him to answer all these sensitive questions on a public forum?
The answers could be very "useful" for some people.
And you know what?
if you cant vote for him without answers to those questions,then keep your vote to yourself.
I hope It'll choke you while you are chewing it.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 3:53pm On Oct 25, 2010
We Started Skipet Oil and Gas ltd sometimes in Aug, 2007 and the following are the detail of the company.It was incorporated on the 29th of August, 2007.

A.It was started with six partners and never even up till now did the capital of the company which included a loan from our bank pass N10, 000,000(Ten Million Naira). Details can be given to anyone who wants to probe further.

B.I have a Twenty percent(20%) in the business.

C.We do supply of diesel to end users only which includes Ice cream joints,Hotels,Eateries,Banks,Borehole drillers, Private houses, e.t.c in Ibadan only. This is all we do. It is just diesel supply business.

D.The incorporation number of the company is RC 705989.

E.We have never had anything to do with oil rigs or oil blocks but only load and supply to end users in Ibadan.

I wonder where the issue of making so much money comes from. I have remained an average citizen all my life but cannot dispute the fact that it surely got better when my father became governor. All to the glory of God Almighty.

I have banked all my life with First bank, IBTC, Societe Generalle and Nigeria Arab bank.

For security reasons, It will not advisable to give details of my account online but for anyone who wants to probe, kindly find out from all these banks. I have never had all the huge amounts been claimed here.

Incase any other account is traced to me apart from the above mentioned please kindly notify the appropriate agencies for further investigation.

IF ANY OF MY CLAIM (S) IS DISPUTED PLEASE KINDLY WRITE ALL THE NECESSARY AGENCIES FOR PROSECUTION.

I remain yours always
Adedapo Lam Adesina
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 3:57pm On Oct 25, 2010
@femilangy @dayokanu,
What else do u want the RC no is more than sufficient.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by kaypumpin2(m): 4:02pm On Oct 25, 2010
Hehehehehehehe. . . anytime Nigerians hear about "oil and gas",they think millions and millions of naira. . .just about any well to do in Nigeria can go into diesel supply and tag it "oil" business.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 25, 2010
@ madejibo
The dude just answered the questions,its so simple,i just didnt understand why you would attack DK based on dapolams ambitions,i'm not really interested in dapolam's candidacy neither am i against the young man,he is nigerian he has every right to contest any elections.
@ Dapolam
I wish you all the best,unfortunately i cant vote 'cos i aint in oyostate.
@ olafolarin
Keep bleeping like a madass goat over dapolam.Am not here to discuss dapolam but to talk to my homeboys about attacking eachother over some dude who dont even know them.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 9:20pm On Oct 25, 2010
@femilangy
Tell dayokanu to stop atacking young progressives if u have reservations abt any candidate stop him @ d polls simple but it is a pity he can't vote
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 26, 2010
@ madejibo
Copied boss,i wish you YOUNG PROGRESSIVE all the best,i will be home to contribute my quota soon.PEACE!!!!
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 3:02pm On Oct 26, 2010
This thread still dey alive
I don't know what people still want after Dapo has explained everything needed to be be known. cool
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tkb417(m): 3:30pm On Oct 26, 2010
Hehehehehehehe. . . anytime Nigerians hear about "oil and gas",they think millions and millions of naira. . .just about any well to do in Nigeria can go into diesel supply and tag it "oil" business.
The way people hate in this country is a bad thing

@Femilangy
i fall your hand ke?   how?

toba1909:

This thread still dey alive 
I don't know what people still want after Dapo has explained everything needed to be be known. cool
They wont leave him till he says hes no more contesting

awon abinu eni; thats why den no dey prosper cheesy

femilangy:

@ madejibo
Copied boss,i wish you YOUNG PROGRESSIVE all the best,i will be home to contribute my quota soon.PEACE!!!!
lololol

when you come, be ready to answer questions from awon elebi grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by toba1909(m): 4:32pm On Oct 26, 2010
tkb417:

They wont leave him till he says hes no more contesting

And that's impossible.
He surely will contest and win his constituency.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:26pm On Oct 26, 2010
madejibo:

@femilangy
Tell dayokanu to stop atacking young progressives if u have reservations abt any candidate stop him @ d polls simple but it is a pity he can't vote

If you have reservations about any candidate, I thought the right thing was to ask question, Given your background of supporting candidates with questionable background e.g Koro says a lot about your own brand of Politics.

It breeds suspicion when you see aspirants who have lived way beyond their means in the past, People would definitely question their means maybe they are involved in illegit biz, involved in corruption, Have some questionable Godfathers or just BORROW POSE like some people grin grin grin grin
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by madejibo: 5:37pm On Oct 26, 2010
@dayokanu
What was wrong with koro, like I said before I supported koro because Tinubu was a big thief and he is still a big thief so I didn't want an extension of his rule. I can give u details of some of d facts I have against Tinubu tell ur friend femilangy to give u my email and I ll send u a mail. You judge pple by hear say which is so bad. You judged Koro cos what u read in the press and what AC said and u judge dapo lam with what u heard abt him in UI I am not sure u went to UI
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by tolu001: 5:39pm On Oct 26, 2010
@dapo   Wonders shall never end, it is only in this banana republic people like Dapolam who should be cooling his heels in jail will ever aspire for a political office. We cant forget in a jiffy how u got intoxicated by power when ur father was governor of the state and you misbehaved all around town oppressing people that are even older than ur father.

Now tell me, you that can oppress innocent people at that magnitude just because ur father was a governor then it will be tantamount to giving you a license to kill, snatch wives and  engage in all sorts of draconian rule like those experienced during the black ages if u mistakenly become a lawmaker.
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dayokanu(m): 5:51pm On Oct 26, 2010
@Madejibo,

Koro for Lagos state Governor? Only in his dreams. have you told us why Koro has 2 different Date of birth?

Fashola is a Lawyer, Tinubu is an accountant, Obasanjo is a Soldier, Whats Koros profession?

We can see what Fashola is doing in lagos and Lagosians are glad they didnt follow your man Koro. Lagosians have never had it so good
Re: Dapolam Accepts Defeat, speaks to Nairalanders by dapolam: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2010
Tolu001,Thanks for the message.
1.Pls can you highlight why you think I should be cooling off in jail despite the fact that i have not been in any postion of authority before.I have also not been in possession of public funds.Would be glad if you can expantiate.

2.The issue of oppression,despite the fact that I have analyzed here before now.I would still be glad if you can tell your own story maybe it would be different from the ones we have read here,so I can explain or refute.

3.My becoming anything is in the hands of God Almighty and I know if he deems me fit,He shall do it.But pls note never will I be desperate to be anything.

But I am desperate for Nigeria to turn around for good.

Thank you and God bless

(1) (2) (3) ... (31) (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (Reply)

Buhari's Wife Visits Tinubu (Picture) / Mustapha Abubakar And Salihu Yakasai Have Dinner Together (Photo) / Oshiomhole Chairs APC NWC Meeting, Says Party Not Divided

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.