Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker (4044 Views)

What A Banker Did To Me Recently / Lucraative Busness That Would Give You Reasonable Income. / How To Build A Sucessful Busness In Abuja With Less Than N20k (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by toptop: 5:22am On Sep 28, 2008
hi guys, i am a new member and i realy need ur kind advice. pls advice me on the kind of busness i could start with 500000 thousand naira, bearing in mind that i am a banker and so has little or no time to run the buzness myself.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by staglo(f): 11:00pm On Sep 29, 2008
Would you like to start an ecommerce site ?
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by cheyi(m): 6:41pm On Oct 04, 2008
u can import pharmaceutical drugs or engage in chain distribution.im a pharmacist.i can help u or work 2gether bt wit certain returns for me for my running arounds, mail, seyosi2002@yahoo.com, i ve d time to run around bt u dnt!

1 Like

Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by benbella(m): 3:56pm On Oct 06, 2008
well wt can i say maybe u get a proffesional consultant or better still a project manager who will get a team for u to make things easier for u
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by TexMan4u(m): 1:39pm On Oct 15, 2008
Hello Cheyi,

I'm intrested on your Business idea, pharmaceutical drugs or engage in chain distribution. It will be appreciated if more info is channel to my in box at in teximpexinc@yahoo.com op hit me up at 1-214-885-5420.

Tks.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by pito: 9:59am On Oct 22, 2008
There are many profitable businesses you can go into. As a banker, you can go into business plan writing I bet you will make a lot of money from it. You can also go into trading, it now depends on you which goods to sell. But if you are interested in e-commerce or internet business, then the best place for you to go is www.MakeMoneyNowNigeria.com
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by naijacutee(f): 10:49pm On Oct 22, 2008
It seems everyone is using this question to try and sell their business "services". As a banker, you must have limited time i.e you would probably will not be physically able to go out and engage in other businesses, or anything that requires your immediate presence. I would advise that you do something which :-

- Doesn't require your physical presence. You could work at weekends, use the internet as a medium to reach customers, or "employ" a trusted person to make use of his/her time to achieveing your business goals.
- You could also make use of your banking expertise in order to consult, train or even advise people. One such example on this forum is "lawyer", the lawyer who doles out sound advice on Nairaland and gives us no reason not to trust him.
- You could also turn your colleagues into customers by buying/selling to them.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by odejayi200(m): 5:10pm On Jun 26, 2009
i work as an independent marketer in nnpc depot,suleja.if u r interested in oil and gas biz,call me on 08055051674 and i will put u through.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by stagger: 10:45am On Jun 27, 2009
toptop:

hi guys, i am a new member and i realy need ur kind advice. pls advice me on the kind of busness i could start with 500000 thousand naira, bearing in mind that i am a banker and so has little or no time to run the buzness myself.

As a banker, I would like to suggest a business arrangement that will benefit you and I; something you can do that is related directly to your work on a day to day basis.

I use computer-aided design software to make male and female suits that can match anything produced by the top designers anywhere in the world(and yes, I can say it anywhere looking guys like Emporio Armani in the face). I use their methods, I use the same machines, and I can source quality materials. The plan is that we will use your status as a banker to market them to your colleagues in your bank, and your colleagues in other banks.

We can work out a percentage and then we can set to work. That way, you will be involved in the business by modelling and marketing the product (something you can do without distracting you from your work) while we take care of the production process. I know from experience that it is easy to make close to N200,000 from one single branch alone, talkless of when you spread your dragnet.

Frome there when a business relationship has been formed, we can move to other things.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by kickout: 12:57pm On Jun 29, 2009
As a banker u might not have time for buying and selling, u can go into services like hair dressing and barbing saloon business, employ a manager while u visits weekends.good luck.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by trekkie: 3:43pm On Aug 01, 2009
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by dinggle: 7:26pm On Aug 01, 2009
As a banker you are in a slightly difficult position to run a business. Those who are asking you to go into ecommerce or anything that has to do with internet are not taking into consideration the non availability of electricity and high cost of internet service which you must deal with, many of these guys like myself are writing from abroad and that is why they can respond more frequently.
You are in no way in a position to use your bank facility except you are a senior officer, i cant even imagine the work load you have to deal with in the bank to start with.

Barbing and hair saloon would have been a great idea, but i tell you power generation will run you down, apart from the fact that you will have to deal with competitors who have along established customers, the issue of generator, gas and generator mechanic would be a pain, especially when they know you are a banker.

However, you have a way out if you are married and your wife has the time to manage your business for this i would suggest you look into a business that will not require you to be wholly dependent on electricity. Tho!, its difficult to come up with one, but there are many. I would prefer STAGGER'S PLAN because for one you are already in the system and all you need do is where the suits and let the superiority speak for itself. Even your boss and friends in the bank will come calling and that way, you might even be forced to resign your bank job to take advantage of the business full time. Make sure your draft your agreement in such a way that you can pull the plugs whenever you feel uncomfortable. Also try to add some quality perfumes to your collection, as a banker your know what your neighbors in the bank like.

When drafting your agreement considering getting a brand name that will be 100% yours which will be supplied to your bank customers just incase the deal fails in the near future and you need to opt out and continue with another partner that way they brand name lives on. Quality is critical, so dont compromise quality for cost.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by stagger: 5:26pm On Aug 02, 2009
Oh yes. I think dinggle just hit the nail on the head. On Friday, my wife went to a bank to see a friend who had just launched the new suits we made for her. A colleague saw the suit my wife and her friend were wearing and was wondering if they were imported from the UK.

After a good laugh, they explained that it was made by us. At present, we are now working on many suit orders generated by that visit.

That's the way it is. You wear the suits, and let them talk for you.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by Nobody: 10:02am On Aug 03, 2009
stagger pls i am intrested in the suit business'i have a shop on benin and can market them 4 u.pls hook me up at my messager eizabeth60@yahoo.co.uk .
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by ShotCaller: 3:21pm On Aug 03, 2009
dont listen to the last 3 post, they are all the same persons,

check the writtings, the chosen words and co, 

i know, so pls be very care full on who u give ur money,

business is about being responsible for ur services or goods,

best of luck
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by dinggle: 12:45am On Aug 04, 2009
@ShotCaller,

While i appreciate your call to awareness. I dont know the other guys, If you read my post, i stated that, "i prefer Stagger's Plan" I did not say invest with Stagger, and i also gave in heads-up on how to be ahead of the game incase he feels short changed by designers who would wanna do away with him when they get familiar with the customers, and that was why i brought up the issue of having is personal brand name that will be written on the suit. Secondly only a fool will Invest N500,000 on suits, he could go to balogun by good materials and send it to a suit designer, after designing he takes them to his friends in the bank bingo! he is into business. N50,000 will give him a start-up. He certainly doesnt have to go with Stagger, there are alot of good suit designers at balogun. The Suit i sewed at Balogun 3yrs ago at a cost of N8,000 with the material, my friends in the U.S cant believe it was hand made not to talk of made in Africa. So read and digest before concluding. Like i said i like appreciate your call to awareness. If i wasnt the one who posted it, i probably would think like you and that is if i didnt read in between the lines.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by stagger: 9:20am On Aug 04, 2009
ShotCaller:

dont listen to the last 3 post, they are all the same persons,

check the writtings, the chosen words and co,

i know, so pls be very care full on who u give ur money,

business is about being responsible for ur services or goods,

best of luck

ShotCaller,

You must be a first class idiot! angry angry angry

I can't understand how some people will just come here and start vomitting rubbish on a thread where we are trying to make some sense here.

There are 140 million Nigerians who need to wear clothes. It's a large market. The starter of this thread asked for ideas, and was given one. If she goes with mine, she will be collecting a PHYSICAL ITEM for sale. And like dinggle rightly said, there are so many good designers out there whose problem is probably how to get themselves or their products known.

SHE DOES NOT NECESSARILY HAVE TO GO WITH MY IDEA.

She has not contacted me for anything. And if you were sensible enough to read ll the posts I have made on this forum, I have neither dropped my phone number or email address for anyone. I only respond to those who specifically ask for certain information. I have not even responded to suggary who dropped her email address (you can email her to confirm this) because I am still weighing the benefit of such an arrangement because of a previous experience I had with a boutique owner in PH whose workers stole some of our products (this owner wasn't taking stock and it was our agent who eventually went over and discovered this) and the owner has refused to pay for them till today.

It simply outrightly pisses me off when I see idiots like you come here to post such rubbish. People like you can never contribute sensibly to anything discussed here.

If you have nothing better to say, shut up! angry angry angry
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 04, 2009
shot caller
pls check b4 u open ur wide mouth to talk.i am not stagger nor dangle.so pls mr tatafo mind your business and stop poking ur big mouth in what does not concern u
.real frist class idoit indeed
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by stagger: 10:58am On Aug 04, 2009
suggary, please i will send u an email so we can exchange numbers to discuss on phone. I personally do not give out numbers on online fora.

Basically because of fools like Shotcaller.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by donsilas(m): 1:46pm On Aug 04, 2009
Why are u guys fighting yourselves unnecessarily?

The Original post was sent in SEPTEMBER 2008.

I believe by now He/She mus have made up His mind on what to do.

So put your 'bows and arrows' to rest.

DONSILAS
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by dinggle: 12:16am On Aug 05, 2009
Pls lets excuse shortCaller, we can't all blame him, if Nigeria was a country with a relative percent of trustworthy individuals he won't have written what he wrote. He meant well only if he had calibrated his written words differently. If what he wrote saved one soul, or struck a stone on someone's investing intelligence, then it was worth it. While there are good Nigerians trying to make good and decent living by doing the right thing, there are so many who visit this site daily to scan for vunerable individuals. And that is why i can't blame shortcaller. If a finger was pointed at you via his words, correct him but don't throw curses. Your curses will only make other readers who probably thought you were making some sense to think twice. Because if u have a clean heart tho! an annoying accusation was made, it is equally laughable by those who are sincerely and shouldn't cost much to say so.

1 Like

Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by son1679: 11:20pm On Aug 05, 2009
I dont think you guys need to fight eachother,all what the guy need is just an advice,please let us use this oppurtunity to enrich and make use of our literacy in constructed manner.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by mercydrops: 12:10am On Aug 06, 2009
stagger please i am interested in your clothing packages and i am interested with your post my number is ayodejigoods@yahoo.com 08033541760 ia lso run boutique in Akure Ondo state which is not too far to benin
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by stagger: 2:51pm On Aug 06, 2009
Will reply to those interested in selling our products.
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by jaso1(m): 4:49pm On Aug 06, 2009
I'm interested hint me on my email address.
jas_ola78@yahoo.com
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by chinymi: 6:19pm On Jan 26, 2010
we are a private lending agency,we invest in online companies that trade in forex, real estate and oil and gas.you can invest in our company with a minimum investment of 5k for a 20% monthly return.capital investment is guaranteed and we do all the work.call 07089061554 or 0864559456 for more details or send a mail to olsanwo@yahoo.com to indicate your interest
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by monopolist: 10:44pm On Jan 27, 2010
MFB
Re: Which Busness Can I Start As A Banker by DeGenius3(m): 9:15pm On May 14, 2013
So many people keep complaining about how bad the Nigerian goverment is for not creating enough Jobs for the teeming youths leaving the universities.

in fact i almost shed tears when i read in a magazine that 96,000 Nigerians tured up for an interview in an organization with just 15 vacancies... and the people surrounded the builing hoping to be the lucky one to get employed.

hmmm...

very pathetic.

of course i agree that the Nigerian government has not really done well, but just to let you know, 53% of the population who are employed in the U.S.A are being employed by individuals who own small, and big businesses without the government help.

you can create jobs... and employ other people to work for you.

and believe it or not the best way to really start on your journey to have massive cash in your bank account is by selling. yes selling.

what do you sell?

the answer is something very valuable that is needed by desperate people with cash in hand. you see, so many Nigerians are faced with many needs, problems, wants etc.

and if you can provide valuable solutions to Nigerians who are faced with needs, problems, wants etc, then you can be sure of smiling to the bank always.

solutions are being provided every single day in the world. and in Nigeria, great people like Mike Adenuga provide Nigerians the simple means of communicating with their loved ones..

Aliko Dnagote has a mega business empire now because he is simply providing Nigerians with their basic needs like food etc

Complete sports provides Nigerians with the interesting things going on in the world of sports... and other businesses like that.

you too can do the same... but i want to show you my way.

Now for some Nigerians, the best way to provide solutions is by doing it in informational format like ebooks, manuals, books, reports, Cds, DVDs, Seminars etc... and believe it or not, smart Nigerians who are also 'jobless' are making millions per year just doing this.

and this is the solution approach format i want you to start working on. and the only thing you need is the foundation of how this works, the systems to make it work for you, with practical dedication on your side, you will definitely see a change in your finances.

i have put a master plan i have used over time to smile to the bank, and i want to give you this masterplan for free. now before you start thinking that this is just another nonsense crap, here's what you'll get from my free masterplan;

== you will discover how to identify a hungry audience deperate with passion for your informational solution with cash in hand to pay you (getting this right is like already having money in your bank account literally) ...

== i will also expose to you in simple steps how to create HOT sizzling information product for the hungry and desperate audience for less thank nothing...

== you will also discover how to 'position' your solution in widely read and targeted mediums and attract hungry customers like crazy...

== you will be able to create and use simple communicative marketing system to market and sell your information product.

== you also discover how to easily make your first N50, 000 in just 30 days or less using a simple targeted numbers approach (this is not get-rich-quick, but knowing how to do this will put N50, 000 in your bank account by using this system).

== you will also learn how to create simple killer messages to sell your information product to crazy hungry buyers...

and lots more...

interested to get this report? all you need to do NOW in order to get this report is to email your name PLUS your email address PLUS your phone number PLUS email subject 'Simple Cash MasterPlan' to cashbuilderinfo@gmail.com.

i will send you the report.

Note; it is high time you stopped looking for 'Magic System' to making money. it does not exist.

if you go through this report and you don't begin to see some changes in your finances, in all seriousness, you need to be prayed for. a very serious prayer at that... and i can help if you need me... at least i know some radical men who can do the job.

i want to see you at the top.

thanks for reading.

P.S. this is only available to people who are smart enough to invest in themselves, and understands the benefits in investing in their education. if you are a freebie seeker, this is not for you.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Uk Charity Planning On Setting Up In Nigeria - Advice Needed! / Best way to advertise in Nigeria / *giveaway* US PVA Paypal Accounts- 5 Per Week. [just Created And Verified]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.