Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,443 members, 7,812,330 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:48 AM

Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? (912 Views)

The Religious Mind? / The Religious Symbolism Of The Twelve Days Of Christmas / I Can't Get Off The Religious Section -Is This Because Of Remote Control (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by nguage(m): 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2008
smiley;DSerioulsly why is it that these religion forums are always active? The active members of these forums are also quite dedicated, writing long paragraghs to defend western and eastern religions, these religions were only used by easten traders and western explorers to exploit us of resources - human and natural.

(I'm about to call out posters and if your name is mentioned its not because I don't respect you or your ability to reason). Posters like davidylan and olabowale go on all day about Islam and Christianity, these guys must be smart because they write and reason well but why would you waste your time to support neo-slavery? Between the Bible and its many contradictions, Islam and its kill all non-believer agenda, are we so blind that we can't see the truth, these religions are ways to pin us to the ground.

If the Portugese and Spanish explorers weren't so strong and the arabic traders was non existent, what if the African man was the trader and the explorer, the whole world would be worshiping obatala and bowing down in front of Igbo gods. My point is that religion is relative and shouldn't be placed so high on our list of priorities, the reason we are Christians is related to the white man colonizing our people and not because Christianity is supreme.

So why do we waste out time arguing about these religions when they wouldn't even be an issue if we weren't colonized in the first place? By arguing for these religions, are we indirectly supporting colonization and slavery?
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Cayon(f): 6:39pm On Sep 28, 2008
Nothing is wrong with the religion section. It is the followers of different religions who are intolerant towards other religions - hence the arguments,  You see, its just human nature  - we all get excited over religion. 

Heck Religion is responsible for the majority of wars in human's history so the lil argument on this forum is what i call "small potatoes"

Peace
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Gamine(f): 7:16pm On Sep 28, 2008
Mr guy.

pity your request dosnt make sense.
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by ow11(m): 8:37pm On Sep 28, 2008
Yeah, the current hassles we go through at the airports is because of religion. Bickering about the right path to God or the existence of God is probably as old as man. We will continue to fight over this till the end of human existence. These bickering have led to wars throughout history and many more wars would be fought because in the name of God.

So poster just enjoy the bickering, laugh at foolish posts and keep an eye open for fundamentalists. . . grin

The sight americans slaughtering goats and chickens while bowing before an Obatala shrine would be priceless grin grin grin cheesy
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by manmustwac(m): 9:02pm On Sep 28, 2008
My religion is better than your religion. I worship the true God and your God is the fake God. What religion you believe is down to your belief systems, which is influenced by where you grew up, your parents and other factors. I keep saying if our colonial masters were muslims Nigeria would have been a muslim country.

And i believe its because people are afraid of what happens when they die. Fear of the unknown, fear of death, thats why people are religios
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Gamine(f): 9:06pm On Sep 28, 2008
Pple should stop saying this, if ur parents were christains, if we were colonized by muslims thingy thingy. . . .

I should be the most confused pesin in the world because of my background

but i chose Christ, cos He is indeed the Way!
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by mazaje(m): 10:57pm On Sep 28, 2008
Gamine:

people should stop saying this, if ur parents were christains, if we were colonized by muslims thingy thingy. . . .

I should be the most confused pesin in the world because of my background

but i chose Christ, because He is indeed the Way!

christ is the way to where and what? how do you know he is the way? why is allah not the way? what makes buddah a false god? how do you know? the only reason you left islam for christianity was because you had some exposure to christains/christianity. if you were living in some where like zamfara state or pakistan and had little or no exposure to christains/christianity you woud have still been a moslem your exposure to christains is what made you change your mind, i was a moslem before too, my exposure to christains made me change my religion to christainity just as my exposure to the real world made me to become an athiest. . . . . .
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by davidylan4(m): 11:12pm On Sep 28, 2008
manmustwac:

And i believe its because people are afraid of what happens when they die. Fear of the unknown, fear of death, thats why people are religios

the same reason i believe most of those who claim not to believe in God spend way too much time desperate to prove he doesnt exist.
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by davidylan4(m): 11:14pm On Sep 28, 2008
mazaje:

christ is the way to where and what? how do you know he is the way? why is allah not the way? what makes buddah a false god? how do you know? the only reason you left islam for christianity was because you had some exposure to christains/christianity. if you were living in some where like zamfara state or pakistan and had little or no exposure to christains/christianity you woud have still been a moslem your exposure to christains is what made you change your mind, i was a moslem before too, my exposure to christains made me change my religion to christainity just as my exposure to the real world made me to become an athiest. . . . . .

dont burst your jugular. She simply made a statement of her own personal belief, did she put a gun to ur head to accept it?
No wonder even Chrisbenogor wonders if you have joy at all.

Lighten up bro.
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Gamine(f): 11:16pm On Sep 28, 2008
Mr man, why would you talk as if you know my background  

i was exposed to a lot of things, not just islam

my dad was border-line atheist, i was exposed to the occult

my brother was an altar boy in one of there temples

so many things id rather not say so pls. . . .

and

It is obvious that Jesus is the only way.
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by mazaje(m): 11:24pm On Sep 28, 2008
davidylan*:

don't burst your jugular. She simply made a statement of her own personal belief, did she put a gun to ur head to accept it?
No wonder even Chrisbenogor wonders if you have joy at all.

Lighten up bro.

what if her beliefs are wrong? you claim that christ is the only way so its up to you to prove it. . . . .i believe i have far more joy than you. . . . . i am no sinner and i don't go around feeling i have to massage the ego of an imaginary being who feels my good doings are like flity rags in his eyes. . .  i don't go around feeling sad and guilty because an imaginary malovalent being claims i am a sinner and needs to die, i do what ever i like and accept the consequences and live with it, i don't have to massage the ego of an imaginary being by praising him all the time incase he gets angry with me and does'nt provide for my needs. . . . i am far more joyful than you can ever imagine. . . the only person/being that is not joyful is your manovalent god that needs to be parised and thanked all day like a village chief else he gets angry and release his fury on you like a mad dog. . . . . i don't need any one to sing me praise before i become joyful the only being that needs his ego massaged before he gets happy is you imaginary god. . . .
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Chrisbenogor(m): 12:04am On Sep 29, 2008
My people I hail oh make I drop my own groundnut
n-guage:

smiley;DSerioulsly why is it that these religion forums are always active? The active members of these forums are also quite dedicated, writing long paragraghs to defend western and eastern religions, these religions were only used by easten traders and western explorers to exploit us of resources - human and natural.

Personally I think there is a measure of truth in that

So why do we waste out time arguing about these religions when they wouldn't even be an issue if we weren't colonized in the first place?
Because man needs to believe in something, believing in nothing in itself is believing something. Its a way to explain things which we cannot fully understand.

the only reason you left islam for christianity was because you had some exposure to christains/christianity. if you were living in some where like zamfara state or pakistan and had little or no exposure to christains/christianity you woud have still been a moslem your exposure to christains is what made you change your mind, i was a moslem before too, my exposure to christains made me change my religion to christainity just as my exposure to the real world made me to become an athiest. . . . . .

Again another valid and true statement, if you do not come across these people it would be very near impossible to change, I seriously doubt if you will change from a Muslim if you were sent to Pakistan but chances are you will change to Christianity, Catholicism to be precise if you were sent to the vatican its all relative.

Yeah, the current hassles we go through at the airports is because of religion. Bickering about the right path to God or the existence of God is probably as old as man. We will continue to fight over this till the end of human existence. These bickering have led to wars throughout history and many more wars would be fought because in the name of God.

ABSOLUTELY CORRECT its all about religion, but I am a strong advocate that we should respect whatever a person has chosen to believe in that's why it is faith it nearly never really checks out in real life.

In summary scrap this threads for what na! allow people to vent here oh you don't want to find out what they will do when there is no nairaland to practice literal kung fu oh,  grin
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by davidylan4(m): 12:19am On Sep 29, 2008
mazaje:

what if her beliefs are wrong?

Then she will bear the consequences alone no? why is it such a pain to you?

mazaje:

you claim that christ is the only way so its up to you to prove it

don't need to . . . i'm not begging you to believe my claim. Believe whatever you want. haba . . . na fight?

mazaje:

. . . . .i believe i have far more joy than you. . . . . i am no sinner and i don't go around feeling i have to massage the ego of an imaginary being who feels my good doings are like flity rags in his eyes. . .  i don't go around feeling sad and guilty because an imaginary malovalent being claims i am a sinner and needs to die, i do what ever i like and accept the consequences and live with it, i don't have to massage the ego of an imaginary being by praising him all the time incase he gets angry with me and does'nt provide for my needs. . . . i am far more joyful than you can ever imagine. . . the only person/being that is not joyful is your manovalent god that needs to be parised and thanked all day like a village chief else he gets angry and release his fury on you like a mad dog. . . . . i don't need any one to sing me praise before i become joyful the only being that needs his ego massaged before he gets happy is you imaginary god. . . .

But you sure go around trying to bear someone else's headache. You're not a sinner . . . bravo to you. Leave us alone.
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by mazaje(m): 1:42am On Sep 29, 2008
davidylan*:

Then she will bear the consequences alone no? why is it such a pain to you?

don't need to . . . i'm not begging you to believe my claim. Believe whatever you want. haba . . . na fight?

But you sure go around trying to bear someone else's headache. You're not a sinner . . . bravo to you. Leave us alone.

i wont leave you alone. . . . . . . .
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Nobody: 2:13am On Sep 29, 2008
Why would u in ur wildest dream think of gettin rid of religious threads?i simply think u re jealous probably because u re an obatala worshiper and u dont have anyone to contend with.since u cant excel in the religious forum, try other forums.i dont see them wastin there time standin for what they beleive rather its u who's on the wrong lane.h-o-l-l-a
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by nguage(m): 3:12am On Sep 29, 2008
I was high when I made this thread in the morning and I also posted it from
my highphone (get it?), so that explains the grammartical errors.

All I'm trying to say is that religion was created by man for other men and it was later used by the slave masters and colonial masters to exploit us. Religious arguements should not exist and even if we have them must we be so serious about the slave master's religion?
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Nobody: 5:44am On Sep 29, 2008
There will always be argument so long we re humans and have rights to our own choice.it seems u re spreadin ur own gospel.point of correction it was not created by men for other men rather it existed amongst men and spread to men as a result of man's quest to worship a higher being in the right way and manner.h-o-l-l-a
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Nobody: 5:45am On Sep 29, 2008
There will always be argument so long we re humans and have rights to our own choice.it seems u re spreadin ur own gospel.point of correction it was not created by men for other men rather it existed amongst men and spread to men as a result of man's quest to worship a higher being in the right way and manner.h-o-l-l-a
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by nguage(m): 6:43am On Sep 30, 2008
tobore akaba:

So him just start to exist without creation?
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Nobody: 6:46am On Sep 30, 2008
Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads?

NO WHY?
Re: Can We Get Rid Of The Religious Threads? by Nobody: 9:39am On Sep 30, 2008
[tr]Perhaps u didn't understand the sentence-it existed or was created from man's quest or desire to worship a higher being.u emphasized that religion was used by the slave masters,what about the sacrifices of human to the so called obatala.please help me differentiate killin and slavery![/tr]

(1) (Reply)

Churches In Saudi Arabia / My Pastor Is Better Than Yours - Which Christian Pastor Rides The Best Cars? / Religion Section: Compromise, Conversion, Competition Or Controversy?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.