Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,142 members, 7,815,003 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws (2175 Views)

How Much Are You Meant To Endure From Ur Inlaws / Is It By Force To Take Your Child To Santa? (Photo) / Women! Please Stay With Your Husbands: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2008
for me staying with in-laws is a definite no no
even inlaw 2 stay with me sef i no go gree
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by tope2000(f): 5:06pm On Sep 29, 2008
jennykadri:

its all about marrying into the right family

u will one day become someones inlaw wont u?

r u going to treat ur inlaws(maybe brothers wives) in a very wicked manner?if u find them living wt u in d same house?

abeg this is simple logic

Not everyone is nice, just because i might be nice to my on daughter or son inlaw
doesnt mean my own inlaws will be nice to me, so its not a simple logic
they are lots of cruel people in this world
u are just lucky to have good inlaws cool

SeXYhOTmOM:

yes they are nice people
but one of his younger brodas made this statement at one time

''they are still welcoming you''

another ocassion while i was at their place
one of his brodas wife was around
and she was complaining about aw, our mother-inlaw is never satisfied with what she does

after all this tins how do u guys expect me to still go there and stay after marriage?

my own advice is still stay with ur family cool
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 5:10pm On Sep 29, 2008
tope2000:

Not everyone is nice, just because i might be nice to my on daughter or son inlaw

dat is what i have told her !!!
a word is enuf 4 d wise
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 5:17pm On Sep 29, 2008
tope2000:

simple logic,i still stand on that word

marrying into the right family and u being nice on ur own,is where d simple logic comes in

and I'm talking about ur bros wives and not ur kids

so u is very wrong sweets
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 5:22pm On Sep 29, 2008
@ruky's friend

in every family there is a black sheep,i also had a little probs wt my husbands last born(the last born in their family)because we were age mates when i married her brother,she gave me a little prob,but like i said,when u r not too familiar wt them ,u can put them under ur feet and step on them

my advise is ------for ur marriage to last,long.take away this sterotype of inlaws off ur heads

no man wants a woman that will come in and scatter his family,with such thoughts u r having now
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by tope2000(f): 5:23pm On Sep 29, 2008
jennykadri:

simple logic,i still stand on that word

marrying into the right family and u being nice on ur own,is where d simple logic comes in

and I'm talking about ur bros wives and not ur kids

so u is very wrong sweets

OK, even if it my brother wives, i still stand by what i said 2

how does one marry into the right family??
please define right family n how would a lady know shes marrying in2 the right family
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 5:27pm On Sep 29, 2008
tope2000:

how does one marry into the right family??
please define right family n how would a lady know shes marrying in2 the right family

it is a risk one takes

marriage is well covered ,u don't know what u have until u r into it

if u marry ur rightful partner then there wouldnt be a problem
from the moment i saw my hubby,i knew i was going to live a fulfilled life wt this man,even though then i was engaged to smone else,that is y i blive in love at first sight

every woman will kiss many frogs before she gets d real person,but if u r very alert u will know when u meet the right person

i met mine and I'm enjoying everysingle bit of it
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by tope2000(f): 5:28pm On Sep 29, 2008
jennykadri:

it is a risk one takes

marriage is well covered ,u don't know what u have until u r into it

if u marry ur rightful partner then there wouldnt be a problem
from the moment i saw my hubby,i knew i was going to live a fulfilled life wt this man,even though then i was engaged to smone else,that is y i blive in love at first sight

every woman will kiss many frogs before she gets d real person,but if u r very alert u will know when u meet the right person

i met mine and I'm enjoying everysingle bit of it

Wow!!!
thanks for the heads up kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by SeXYhOTmOM(f): 5:35pm On Sep 29, 2008
jenny i like ur experience
u re lucky sha
for me o
i no fit stay wit inlaw especially wen sister inlaws still dey d house
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 5:38pm On Sep 29, 2008
tope2000:

Wow!!!
thanks for the heads up kiss kiss kiss

u is right

my humble advise to us is-----try take off dis inlaws probs off ur head.cos wen u keep storing it,it will reduce the love u have or should have for his family,it will make u take so many things back,it will make u give in little
yes i know its ur hubby u is marrying,but if we be truthful to ourselves,we will all say dat we want d whole inlwas to love us like crazy,cos anybody dat says i dont care,if they love me or not,i bet u,dat person is lying,cos once in a while she will keep remembering dat her husbands family does not like her,even if she pretend ,it will hurt her,no matter wat

i live in d western world,but anytime we r going to naija,i never have double minds or get scared unnecessarily,i hv peace in me,cos im also at peace wt my inlaws

just a humble advise wink
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by ifyalways(f): 1:35am On Sep 30, 2008
My in-laws home is like my parents home to me.i get along so well with everybody there and wud stay with them anyday,anytime. cheesy
@jenny,word !
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by davidylan4(m): 2:04am On Sep 30, 2008
depends on the in-laws. i trust my parents so much to not treat my future wife in a way i would not approve so yes she may have to stay with them for a couple of days for some bonding session.
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by princeonx: 5:19pm On Sep 30, 2008
@poster: tell your friend to read/listen to Jenny.

@Jenny How now? hope na the same jenny.

One more thing, we don't know her husband's residence status in USA! the quickest a citizen can get someone here is 6-9months if everything go well! if not it might take yearsssssss. All the same, good luck to them!
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by Nobody: 8:13pm On Sep 30, 2008
@ topic

It sounds like an initiation.
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 10:31pm On Sep 30, 2008
ifyalways:

My in-laws home is like my parents home to me.i get along so well with everybody there and would stay with them anyday,anytime.  cheesy
@jenny,word !

don't mind them grin sm of them never evn enter husband house them don begin dey harbour hatred for inlaws

seriously in as much as d wife comes first for every man,d man sef will not like his wife to come inbtw his family wt some invalid excuses of how the inlaws hate her or watever

my husband comes first before anything,but at d same time i don't joke wt my family and his too,this r his flesh and blood for goodness sake,sm women think say once a man marries a woman,he will forget his family,that is a lie

a marriage built on hatred for inlaws,will loose its balance on the rock on which it was built,hence leading to separation

so no think say u don wear ring na there e end,na lie,divorce and court still dey exist

at d end of d day na d woman shame go catch,cos after d whole gra gra them still pursue her

prince_onx:

@poster: tell your friend to read/listen to Jenny.

@Jenny How now? hope na the same jenny.

One more thing, we don't know her husband's residence status in USA! the quickest a citizen can get someone here is 6-9months if everything go well! if not it might take yearsssssss. All the same, good luck to them!

na me ooo prince the man wt onu ojooo grin grin grin grin kedu mylove kiss kiss kiss
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by Outstrip(f): 3:40pm On Oct 01, 2008
Do not stay with your in laws. Honestly it is better to do it after marriage than before. You will be judged on every turn and it is not necessarily because you are a bad person or that they even are bad people it is just the way it is. You only have to look at someone a certain way and you can get them all turned against you. I don't know what your fiance's reasoning was. It cannot help your relationship in any way. Where are your parents though. The man never even marry you and he is asking you to go live with his family. If he was there, I would say maybe but the fact that he is not there makes it a problem. You want to start with your in laws the right way. Familiarity breeds contempt. Be on your own and respect them from a distance. You are not even their daughter in law yet. It's putting the cart before the horse.
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by jennykadri: 10:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
Outstrip:

Do not stay with your in laws. Honestly it is better to do it after marriage than before. You will be judged on every turn and it is not necessarily because you are a bad person or that they even are bad people it is just the way it is. You only have to look at someone a certain way and you can get them all turned against you. I don't know what your fiance's reasoning was. It cannot help your relationship in any way. Where are your parents though. The man never even marry you and he is asking you to go live with his family. If he was there, I would say maybe but the fact that he is not there makes it a problem. You want to start with your in laws the right way. Familiarity breeds contempt. Be on your own and respect them from a distance. You are not even their daughter in law yet. It's putting the cart before the horse.

e be like say u no read d whole story well well,the poster is talking about living wt the inlaws after marriage not b4 wink
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by Outstrip(f): 10:50pm On Oct 01, 2008
Oh. Makes more sense I guess. She has married him now. So long as they agree. I would not do it but i know people that have done it after marriage at it works for them. You just need to be careful and be ready to put up with whatever they dish. It would be better if he were there still
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by princeonx: 1:07am On Oct 02, 2008
Jenny I dey Ohhhhh! how's life and everything with you? what's up with the new name? abi the General don ban the other name? anyway, good to hear from you again.
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by rubi(f): 1:35am On Oct 02, 2008
It depends on the in-laws some are good some are bad just give it a trial because a trial will convince you
Re: Is It By Force To Stay With Ur Inlaws by abujabooks(f): 12:41am On Nov 05, 2008
She shd not stay with her in laws!

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Exactly Is It? / All 40 Of Sheikh's Wives Get Their Period At The Same Time / Must A Man Change His Wife Phone Number After Wedding, & Why?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.