Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,159 members, 7,953,599 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:16 PM

Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? (1185 Views)

The 21st Century Woman; A Recipe For Temptation / Top 10 Most Important Nigerian Families Of The 21st Century / Experts Say Abstinence Education Doesn't Work (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? by JadeMoney: 1:21pm On Sep 29, 2008
Hello everybody, I'm kinda new in the house and i have gone through a long list of fascinating topics posted here and i must say, you all rock!!!

Anyways, what do you say about the message of total abstinence in the fight against HIV/AIDS in Africa, as against the message on the use of condoms to minimize the risk of infection and unwanted pregnancies? Do you think total abstinence can work in today's world, don't you think condoms and the message of protection is more important and realistic in the fight against HIV and AIDS taking the consideration the ironic flagrant display of sex that abounds everywhere the eye turns to?

You can get more on www.thisaidsthing.com.

A Happy Sallah to everybody.
Re: Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? by kokoye(m): 2:40pm On Sep 29, 2008
abstinence ke? easy to say

, even a male toddler is already playing with his mother's tits at 7 months grin
Re: Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? by Janeesa: 7:45pm On Sep 29, 2008
kokoye, thats nasty lmao!!! um no i dont think its possible for teens/young adults to stay abstinent, hell even the adults are sleeping around and catching all sorts of nasty diseases, but im sticking to abstinence no matter what, bc of nasty diseases and bc its gods will.
Re: Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? by iice(f): 9:57am On Sep 30, 2008
It boils down to the person's mind.
Some people have no mind of their own - follow follow
Some people need to be accountable and think it through - if they want a child, how ready they are to take care of one especially if not married
Some need to master control
Others need to learn to be responsible and protect themselves - all these 'not in my senses' at the moment thing - duh prepare before hand if you know that is what is going to happen.
Most importantly - learn for your mistakes and experiences

The way society is, yes it looks unrealistic but some people do practice abstinence. All a matter of the mind
Re: Is The Message Of Total Abstinence Realistic In The 21st Century Nigeria? by netotse(m): 10:18am On Sep 30, 2008
well it also depends on the reason for taking that route, if ur reason is right then it possible (but not easy!)even though u'll prolly feel like an idiot at times sha.

(1) (Reply)

Okada-Riding Ladies? I Think They'll Surely Thrive! / For The Married People ? / "Husbands, Honor Your Wives"! ~ PAV

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.