Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,569 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons (4715 Views)

What Is The Book Of Enoch And Should It Be In The Bible? / Is The Book Of Proverbs The Best Book In The Bible? / Nairaland Book Of Proverbs (2) (3) (4)

Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 11:13pm On Oct 01, 2008
that's right hon.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by reindeer: 11:40pm On Oct 01, 2008
That was one of my dear mother's favorite verses whenever she was trying to get you quiet.
God bless her soul,

i want to know is it ok to pray for the dead? or wish that you see them in your dreams when you miss their company greatly,i must confess,i been doing that a bit lately and something keeps telling me it may not exactly be right.

pls respond.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 11:50pm On Oct 01, 2008
no it's not right to pray for the dead.It's unbiblical
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by tribalist: 12:00am On Oct 02, 2008
plus_Queen:

no it's not right to pray for the dead.It's unbiblical

So all those christian pastors and priests including the Muslim clerics that pray during a way keeping or funeral service are commiting a sin?

All those who go a grave yard to place a flower and offer a little prayer to the dead are commiting a sin because it is unbiblical?

Do Nairalanders believe this chick or what? shocked

Your just a misguided person who loves to blurt nonsense at every given opportunity.

So are you saying if a loved one of yours dies tomorrow, there should be no form or sort of prayers for the person. Just dump the person into a grave and voila it's done? No prayers of sorts?

So much for being a biblical guru!
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 12:01am On Oct 02, 2008
see Eccl 9 :4

It basically says that once we are dead,we are dead and have not the same rights as a living person

4 Anyone who is among the living has hope [b]—even a live dog is better off than a dead lion!

5 For the living know that they will die,
      but the dead know nothing;
      they have no further reward,
      and even their name is forgotten.

6 Their love, their hate
      and their jealousy have long since vanished;
      never again will they have a part
      in anything that happens under the sun.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by reindeer: 12:06am On Oct 02, 2008
plus queen
can you pls send me your replies as e mail at

reindeer.antler@yahoo.com

wouldnt want to start arguments on this lovely thread.

pls lets go back to what the thread was originally for, im sorry i asked the question here.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by davidylan4(m): 12:07am On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

So all those christian pastors and priests including the Muslim clerics that pray during a way keeping or funeral service are commiting a sin?

All those who go a grave yard to place a flower and offer a little prayer to the dead are commiting a sin because it is unbiblical?

Do Nairalanders believe this chick or what? shocked

Your just a misguided person who loves to blurt nonsense at every given opportunity.

So are you saying if a loved one of yours dies tomorrow, there should be no form or sort of prayers for the person. Just dump the person into a grave and voila it's done? No prayers of sorts?

So much for being a biblical guru!

the fact that so many people steal does not mean stealing isnt wrong.

The fact that some misguided individuals waste their time praying for the dead does not mean the bible hasnt condemned it already.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by tribalist: 12:15am On Oct 02, 2008
2 Maccabees 12:43-46: "It is a holy and wholesome thing to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins."

Just the way you claimed Eccl says you shouldnt pray for the dead, Maccabees supports praying for the dead.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 12:25am On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

2 Maccabees 12:43-46: "It is a holy and wholesome thing to pray for the dead that they may be loosed from their sins."

Just the way you claimed Eccl says you shouldnt pray for the dead, Maccabees supports praying for the dead.

and where is macaabees is the Bible
after makarena?
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2008
reindeer:

plus queen
can you please send me your replies as e mail at

reindeer.antler@yahoo.com

wouldnt want to start arguments on this lovely thread.

please lets go back to what the thread was originally for, I'm sorry i asked the question here.

Ok dear .
But just in case someone else seeking the truth desires to know,.

Heb 9:27

27 People die once, and after that they are judged.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by Nobody: 12:31am On Oct 02, 2008
plus_Queen:

after makarena?

Lol.

Proverbs 5 and 6
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not to your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him and he shall direct your path."
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by pilgrim1(f): 12:33am On Oct 02, 2008
plus_Queen:

after makarena?

Haha. . lol. . @plus_Queen, you're so funny! grin
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 1:02am On Oct 02, 2008
pilgrim.1:

Haha. . lol. . @plus_Queen, you're so funny! grin

LOL.

and this is an admonition to us wives

prov 12:4

A wife with strength of character is the crown of her husband, but the wife who disgraces him is like bone cancer.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 1:08am On Oct 02, 2008
jennykadri:

hahhahahhahahaaaa osisi grin grin grin grin not only did u ignore the first fool on this thread,u also quoted scriptures to back up d word fool grin grin grin grin

and yet another.

prov 14:7[b] Stay away from a fool, because you will not receive knowledge from his lips.[/b]
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by tribalist: 1:43am On Oct 02, 2008
plus_Queen:

after makarena?

just because your not conversant with the catholic bible doesnt give you the right to make fun of it. I can go on and on to make fun of the protestant bibles and all the missing links, chapters and verses not compatible with the hebrew bible.

You want to know about maccabees, just google it dont display your ignorance
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 1:50am On Oct 02, 2008
ah ah ah ah ahchu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay away from a fool, because you will not receive knowledge from his lips.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by davidylan4(m): 1:50am On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

just because your not conversant with the catholic bible doesnt give you the right to make fun of it. I can go on and on to make fun of the protestant bibles and all the missing links, chapters and verses not compatible with the hebrew bible.

You want to know about maccabees, just google it don't display your ignorance

there are so many things the catholics preach and do that are not biblical. The bible is against praying for the dead. Too bad if you still want to pray for ur dead ancestors.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by davidylan4(m): 1:52am On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

Proverbs 19:29 Judgments are prepared for scorners, and stripes for the back of fools.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 1:53am On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

A stubborn fool despises his father's discipline, but whoever appreciates a warning shows good sense.

prov 15:5
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 1:55am On Oct 02, 2008
prov 16:27

A worthless person plots trouble, and his speech is like a burning fire.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by KarmaMod(f): 2:00am On Oct 02, 2008
Amusing how you guys quote the ones with 'fool" the most tongue
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by omoge(f): 2:06am On Oct 02, 2008
where is my bible sef eh
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by plusQueen: 2:15am On Oct 02, 2008
KarmaMod:

Amusing how you guys quote the ones with 'fool" the most tongue

oya this one is for you or your future oga

Whoever finds a wife finds something good and has obtained favor from the LORD.
prov 18:22
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by mazaje(m): 3:14am On Oct 02, 2008
huxley dey don bulala you commot for the thread abi? cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by Cayon(f): 3:44am On Oct 02, 2008
all hail to King Solomon. Talk about a man of wisdom

Proverbs 3:5-6
"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him, and He will make your paths straight."

Proverbs 16:3
"Commit to the LORD whatever you do, and your plans will succeed."
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by tribalist: 4:23am On Oct 02, 2008
davidylan*:

there are so many things the catholics preach and do that are not biblical. The bible is against praying for the dead. Too bad if you still want to pray for ur dead ancestors.

I am not going into a catholic versus protestant argument with you. I see it has been well documented on nairaland. You have no right to cast slurs against the catholic church as to what is biblical and what is not. I try and refrain to accusing your denominations and what it represents so please respect the catholic church.

If you dont like it, you say so and not say there are so many things the catholic church preaches and are not biblical.

If you want a debate against protestants and catholics, i am open to such battle but choose your words

plus_Queen:

ah ah ah ah ahchu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay away from a fool, because you will not receive knowledge from his lips.

You must really have a lot of fools surrounding you and your inner circle of life. Are these the only passages you open at night when you are saying your night prayers with your loved ones?

Definately it doesnt take a rocket scientist to know how you guys cherish the fool word and how it plays a huge impact in your lives!
carefully.
Re: The Book Of Proverbs And It's Life Lessons by davidylan4(m): 6:34pm On Oct 02, 2008
tribalist:

I am not going into a catholic versus protestant argument with you. I see it has been well documented on nairaland. You have no right to cast slurs against the catholic church as to what is biblical and what is not. I try and refrain to accusing your denominations and what it represents so please respect the catholic church.

Prov 26:4 Answer not a fool according to his folly, lest thou also be like unto him.

tribalist:

If you don't like it, you say so and not say there are so many things the catholic church preaches and are not biblical.

If you want a debate against protestants and catholics, i[b] am open to such battle but choose your words[/b]

Prov 26: 5 Answer a fool according to his folly, lest he be wise in his own conceit.

The concept of praying for the dead is strongly condemned in the bible. You can foam in the mouth all you like.

Old Testament Sacrifices With New Testament Typologies / OPM Dr Jesus Night With Coconut Friday 26th October. / I Had A Rapture Dream