Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,489 members, 7,819,778 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:03 PM

It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer (7958 Views)

Russian Gamer To Sue Fallout 4 After Losing His Job & Wife To His Addiction / Wife Auctions Off 'Gamer' Husband On Craigslist / How Do You Know A Hardcore Gamer? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 10:58pm On Jul 14, 2006
what do you guys think about the cost of buying, owning and running a next gen consoles. Take for example the pricing of the ps3 which is approximately 500 and 600 box and its games costing approximately 60 box each. The xbox360 is not as expensive as the ps3, but it ain't cheap also as well, I guess it's high time gamers need to get a job except if you are rich. I just hope the pricing goes down soon.

And come to think of it, do you think our fellow nigerians back home can afford this, plus it's going to be hard to hack and pirate the game rom of xbox 360 and ps3 (even though hackers have found a way to backup xbox360 game rom) which it's going to be a bit expensive also, and remember that the ps3 would be using Blue-ray roms for High definition gaming. I think all the next gen consoles and games would be defeated by the hacker's community, time would tell.

What do you guys think about this ?
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Badman888(m): 6:44am On Jul 15, 2006
thats the truth, the price of concoles are rising so fast, not only that their games dont come cheat at all you you need to pay like $60 just to get your hands on one game, that crazy, Its only nintendo wii that is coming out at a resonable price of @ $250. But the games are stil at the standard price.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by clocky(m): 11:30am On Jul 15, 2006
the prices will still come down.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by texazzpete(m): 11:46am On Jul 15, 2006
The price of the wii hasn't been announced yet, its between 150 and 250, so it can fall either way

just spend money upgrading a good pc and start gamin gon ur pc. its far easier that way.
as for me sha, im getting a ps3 at launch. sure $600 is some cool cash, but i cn afford it, so why not?
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 3:35pm On Jul 15, 2006
yo texas pete ive been an evangelist of your view for a looooong time, which is why i dont own a console but have instead upgraded my pc tirelessly over the years.

unfortunately, there comes a time when your ealise that the 'dual game' of pc's takes too long. dual game means: game 1- getting the dasmn thing to work properly, at full speed, with the most options, from the hard disk only. game 2- playing the game

then you realise that because of that you have like 30 gigs of unplayed, unfinished games lying around on your hard drive for close to a year. You realise that after a days work, you'd rather recline on a couch with a pad in front of a 22 inch tv than squint over a mouse and keyboard + 17 inch monitor as uve been doing for the last 14 hours in the office since morning. Your mouse finger aches just thinking of playing games with the mouse.

And worst of all, your non-tech savvy friends are all playing on consoles, so they dont have a clue about the high concept fps's and rts's uve been tanning on ya pc since last millenium. Try to introduce them to the games and they run at 5fps on their lord lugard pc's.

bros, i have given in to the console crowd. i still havent bought a console yet, tho, but i may soon borrow a ps2, and probably buy a wii. I bought 7 pc games since february and havent gone anywhere in any of them, just cosi prefer to recline after a hard days work and relax in front of a tv. the games are call of duty 2, stubbs the zombie, advent rising, nfs most wanted, quake 4, tomb raider legend and beyond good and evil. (i also boiught black and white)

you wont believe i havent gotten anywhere in any of them. pc's arent it for gaming, man.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by iice(f): 8:27pm On Jul 15, 2006
yea the prices are gonna be off the roof but am gonna get the ps3 coz am not soooo good with pc games, my brothers play pc games most times, my bro even had 2 upgrade his pc just for his games lol, he got all the equipment he needs, for me as long as the ps3 is slamming is all am asking, well as for its cds hmmmmm am in Asia, the center of piracy am not 2 worried about that lol, wink tongue
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 7:23am On Jul 16, 2006
Pc gaming is a good idea but hardly would you find more interesting hardcore games on pc. Take a look at the games on the ps3 and xbox360, e.g. Heavenly swords, Killzone, Gears of war etc. you can not get games on pc that's on console like god of war, mortal kombat and other good console games. I know that there are some few good games on pc but they're not enough.

I know this games can be developed for pc also, but how many pc gamers have a strong pc to compliment the game. To get good games for pc that would stand side by side with the xbox360 and the ps3 you would need to buy a pc with next gen hardware like the graphic card and hardware, which is very expensive. Even if you get a strong pc, you would find some few strong games on it because game developers wants to sell and profit from their efforts in creating good games but if only 30% of pc gamers have the hardware to play their next gen games that implement the functionality of the next gen graphic card like the Nvidia 7900 GTX that would result into highly detail games and high definition games.

In conclusion, console games is a must for hard gamers. I just hope that the price drops down soon.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 8:21am On Jul 16, 2006
To texazzpete; Give me 5 kick ass pc games title out there now ?
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by exu(m): 12:07pm On Jul 16, 2006
Anyone who knows anything about anything will realise that the prices will eventually come down.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by zebudaya(m): 8:20pm On Jul 16, 2006
My problem with pc games is that you can hardly play multiplayer without hooking up other pc's or going online, but with a console all you need is an extra pad.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by iice(f): 7:49am On Jul 17, 2006
zebudaya:

My problem with pc games is that you can hardly play multiplayer without hooking up other pc's or going online, but with a console all you need is an extra pad.
Exactly, extra pad n the multi-tap an you r good 2 go,
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 12:19pm On Jul 17, 2006
Hey ladex.

You are right about one aspect of the pc- that it is expensive to set up a first class gaming rig- BUT you are wrong about everything else.

The truth is that the serious hardcore games are on the PC. When converted to consoles, they have to be 'castrated' so they won't confuse the less sophisticated console gamer. Also, the PC gets the most games. Game developers have to pay insane licnsing fees to publish on consoles, with slight margins and expensive games, but on pc's they pay NOTHING (anyone can download a dx9 sdk and fire away) besides normal dev concerns (which theyd still pay on console development) and make almost pure profit.

Therefore it makes more sense for them to develop for the PC, with their major opponents being 1) complexity and expense of gaming pcs and (2) piracy, ie many hardcore gamers who are savvy enough to build a world class rig will also be crooked enough to download from the net or whatever.

The games you mentioned, god of war, mortal kombat- are both special cases. God of war is a sony first-party game. like all other first party games (except for those from microsoft) that game will never appear anywhere but the manufacturer's console. so you can be sure sony first party titles will not only be held back from the pc, but from the gamecube and xbox, too.

as for MK- fighting games are traditionally not translated to PCs because they are difficult to control without a pad. They are a special case.

The other games you talked about, heavenly sword, gears of war and killzone are not out yet. HS will most definitrly come out on the PC (we can bet). Gears of war, i would have said no, since it is a first party title, but recently microsoft has merged windows and xbox gaming, and so GOW may come out on pc, like most other ms first party titles like halo- maybe just very late. As for killzone, it is a sony first party title, but for Gods sake who needs a second-rate FPS when the pc is the most powerful FPS machine in the world?

Where the pc falls down is for communal couch gaming. it IS possible (via tv-out, multitap, multiple game controllers, pad-to-keyboard interfaces and some serious hacks) but toooooooooooooooooooooooooo hard. So if you need to sit on the couch with a few friends and game on a big tv screen, you need a console. Also the pc fails with non-networked multiplayer (more or less the same thing)

My point: the PC is *THE* hardcore platform. console firstparty exclusives do not count. As for your challenge of 5 kick-ass games, I challenge you to mention 5 kick-ass console games that are NOT firstparty titles, and are not on the PC (or confirmed coming for pc) as well as their host console.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 2:49am On Jul 18, 2006
Well dakmanzero, I'll agree with you considering the points you made in your reply, but you know that there are some great kick ass games on console you can't find on PC (like the fighting games which you said is a special case even which is fine, but you can't beat the experience of such games like the mortal kombat series, tekken, dead or alive e.t.c. i love fighting games) and that brings me to your counter challenge on mention 5 kick-ass console games that are NOT firstparty titles, and are not on the PC (or confirmed coming for PC)  as well as their host console.

1. Ninja Giaden Black (though not a first party game but it's xbox exclusive, rated 9.4/10 by gamespot)
2. Mortal kombat Shaolin Monks (which is an adventure fighting game, rated 7.5/10 by gamespot)
3. Destroy all humans (rated 7.5/10 by gamespot)
4. Mercenaries (I've played this game and it's good, rated 8.8/10 by gamespot)
5. SOCOM 3: US Navy SEALs (kick-ass Modern Tactical Shooter game, rated 8.9/10 by gamespot)

check out this link i found on the internet  http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6233821-1.html
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by texazzpete(m): 1:01pm On Jul 18, 2006
ladex142:

Well dakmanzero, I'll agree with you considering the points you made in your reply, but you know that there are some great kick ass games on console you can't find on PC (like the fighting games which you said is a special case even which is fine, but you can't beat the experience of such games like the mortal kombat series, tekken, dead or alive e.t.c. i love fighting games) and that brings me to your counter challenge on mention 5 kick-ass console games that are NOT firstparty titles, and are not on the PC (or confirmed coming for PC) as well as their host console.

1. Ninja Giaden Black (though not a first party game but it's xbox exclusive, rated 9.4/10 by gamespot)
2. Mortal kombat Shaolin Monks (which is an adventure fighting game, rated 7.5/10 by gamespot)
3. Destroy all humans (rated 7.5/10 by gamespot)
4. Mercenaries (I've played this game and it's good, rated 8.8/10 by gamespot)
5. SOCOM 3: US Navy SEALs (kick-ass Modern Tactical Shooter game, rated 8.9/10 by gamespot)

check out this link i found on the internet http://reviews.cnet.com/4520-6449_7-6233821-1.html

u think Mk: Shaolin Monks is a kick ass game? strange!

My 5 PC list
1. Half Life 2
2. call of Duty 2
3. The Chronicles of Riddick: Escape from butcher Bay
4. Age of Empires 3
5. Far Cry

i agree with dakmanzero sha. ive got 12 games on my pc and i can't bring myself to finish any of them.
what i'm playing now?
Soul Calibur (on a Dreamcast emulator grin)
you just can't beat the ease of use of a console
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by iice(f): 6:43pm On Jul 18, 2006
Half life and Riddick are kick ass, wink
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 7:09am On Jul 19, 2006
grin to all you pc gamers, this might happen to you  grin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ojmIqDnSeKY&search=pc%20game
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 7:11am On Jul 19, 2006
grin to all you PC gamers, this might happen to you  grin
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ojmIqDnSeKY&search=pc%20game
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by diddy4(m): 8:21am On Jul 19, 2006
they are high now but they will soon come down and sony will loose a lott@ money cuzz if they donw bring their price down, people wi opt for xbox360. im already getting an xbox360 very soon and im planning on the ps3 but it needs to come down for that to happen. im buying the nintendo wii for my kid brothers so i hope it stays at 250 or lower.i aint a game freak but i buy them just to play soccer or for decorations. at least people will know that u know whats up.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by iice(f): 1:31pm On Jul 19, 2006
@ladex, thats some funny clip cheesy tongue
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 3:27pm On Jul 19, 2006
hey ladex

to tell the truth, your post proves your original point in a way, but i must add that it doesnt meet my requirements! It rather proves that my requirements are problematic.

1. SOCOM developer is aquired by sony and thus socom is a firstparty title. ref: http://www.gamespot.com/news/6142947.html?q=socom

2. NG black is a firstparty title. one of the best games out there. i could get an xbox for this and halo alone! MS wont port tecmo's games to PC because, they are fighting games. remember what I said about them being a special case?

3. MK- fighting game. disqualified

4. mercenaries- correct

5. destroy all humans - correct

Thats 2 out of 5! However, what you have shown is that the term 'firstparty' is fast becoming a dangerous word for tthe PC. as console manufacturers broker more and more exclusivity deals with studios, effectively preventing them from developing for PC (even if they wanted to), the PC will lose some great games.

But remember- a firstparty title is denied ALL other platforms too, not just the PC.

However, remember that there are equally many PC games that do not appear on any console, or appear in watered-down form only. Practically all FPS and RTS games immediately spring to mind, as well as top MMO's. And to the minds of most gamers, these are truly hardcore games.

That said, I will say that I am a die hard fighting game freak. However, the lack of PC fighting games doesnt affect me! why? simple- emulation! the TRULY CLASSIC fighting games are on outdated hardware (neogeo and cps2) and so the only fighting games youll be issing on PC are the recent ones (ps2 era)

now, all ps2 era fighting games came out after the death of the arcades, hence the death of fighting games! So we arent missing much!

(dont mind me. Im talking rubbish. Im just sore because I cant find any good players of tekken 4, MVC2, sf3, soulcalibur, doa and all the awesome new figting games I always wished I could play but COULDNT FIND ANY OPPONENTS! AAAARGH!)
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 6:55am On Jul 20, 2006
Do you guys think that the reason we have more pc gamer than console gamers might be due to the fact that pc gamers can download free pirated pc games online ?  grin
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by iice(f): 7:00am On Jul 20, 2006
really? tot we had more console gamers, here sha more on the console gaming coz lotsa pirated cds lol
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Neoteny(m): 2:51pm On Jul 20, 2006
i find playing games on a pc a bit like watching movies on a mobile phone; a bit limiting if u can forgive the analogy. games are for consoles cos faster framerates and the latest direct x do not dispel the hassle of upgrading and not having the option of reclining on the couch. yes pcs may pack lots more power but then werernt u the same yuppies screaming that u are getting a wii cos console power isnt all that a factor and that the ps3 may stink? anyway i believ the greatest strenght of the pc is online play and online communities that extend the experience by creating custom maps and weapons etc, but even that domain is being snatched from the pc gaming world by consoles now if the success of xbox live is anything to go by. consoles are best cos they are mobile, u can lug them around to yer mates and hav a slam while the pc gaming horde are tethered to their huge rigid machines. and theres cost: consoles are less expensive than pcs, and u dont have to bother fiddling with drivers and keyboard button mappings. ok, pc fanboys may say have better res cos TV's are limited to 525 lines of resolution (NTSC) and close to 600 lines in PAL format. With 3d graphics cards, and decent monitors, some PC games can run on resolutions like 1280x1024, or even 1600x1200. yeh, but next gen consoles incorporate HDTV support too. isnt it telling the direction pc games are going given that in this year's e3 awards on 2 pc games (spore and quakewars) won awards? i guess the pc only rules the MMORPG world, and even that is only a matter of time. and its common for launch titles to spike. right now the original xbox is costing MS around $35 dollars or so a console and even the 360 is costing MS some dough so u can hardly blame the devs if they spike the launch cheese a notch cos for one thing theres usually a huge demand and insufficient supplies. this is held on until supplies are beefed up and cost of development comes down a bit before prices are slashed. and oh my gawd, we have MORE console gamers now than pc gamers, console gamers are more hardcore.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 3:39pm On Jul 20, 2006
As per usual my response to u is a mixture of agrement and disagreement cheesy

however I agree a lot more than I disagree this time! cheesy

consoles are better for games: TRUE

I say this because what is a pc? a general purpose computer, jack of all trades, just so happens to play games as well as forecast the weather, master DVDs, publish calendars, etc etc etc. What is a console? A COMPUTER SPECIALLY DESIGNED TO PLAY GAMES. of course the console is better.

consoles are more hardcore: FALSE

I say false because the truly hardcore are those who put up with the hassle of battling with protocols, drivers, hardware conflicts, patches, firmware versions and whatnot in order to experience the *cutting edge* of gaming technology. When the technology becomes mainstream (matures), then the console makers adopt it and make it accesible for the masses, who use easy, convenient consoles to play. All major game techs did this, 3d graphics, first person perspectives, online play, and so on.

The reason why we are all going 'meh' about the supposed super power of new consoles is because if u have been a pc gamer since 2004, you already know that the rapidly advancing technology is doing NOTHING for the games. So now that console people are shouting about 512 megs of ram and whatnot, its just boring. Online play? weve been doing that since quake 2. Yaaaaaaaawn.

Motion sensing laser pointer controller? Gaddem! The pc hasnt done THAT before!!!! now u know why we are excited about the wii.

(to be precise, the motion sensing thing HAS been done on the pc before, but it was a piece of shit bullshit pile of crap made by microsoft that never caught on. MS seems convinced the new motionsensing controllers will fail cos of that, we'll see.)
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Neoteny(m): 6:13pm On Jul 20, 2006
the ubiquitous Darkmanzero, always behind me with a quick post. u know what i figure u for? a dissenter. or a fencesitter at best. u the kind of dude who'd be right at home in the flintstone sofa cos that modern stone age setting is the perfect metaphor of sitting on the fence. respects man. anyway u are right that pc gamers seem hardcore cos they bother fiddling with upgrades yada yada but, did u ever consider that some do it to save face? would u rather have your hardware bein the only relic on the block? i dare say if consoles were subject to such tinkering a religion would be born out of the dedication. i mean i've seen the near religious fervour with which a lot of console gamers mod their consoles until the darn things burn out of sheer over-pace. if we could up our consoles' firmware, chipset etc, d you think we wont? does it make us less hardcore because we CANT? as for the motion sensing thingy didnt sony whip up theirs? i recall reading somewhere they redesigned their pads to incorporate gyros and motion sensing tech but i cant remember where i read it and frankly i lack the time and patience to search. update, man.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by ladex142(m): 2:59am On Jul 21, 2006
Advantages of Console game:
1. console game is cheap compare to PC gaming.
2. The ease of use of a console game is better than that of PC game because of the hazard of the keyboard and mice.
3. You don't have to worry if a game is compatible with your console whereas in PC gaming, compatibility is an issue.
4. You can't rent a PC game because it can easily be copied down on your hard drive, even when you buy a pc game it's hard to return it if you don't like it. A console game can be returned if you don't like it.
5. Console games tend to have a relatively low learning curve. You might need fast thumbs, but you certainly won't need to spend hours in a "tutorial" trying to learn how to operate basic game functions.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Neoteny(m): 5:58pm On Jul 21, 2006
@latex142 (ok, lame joke, LADEX142)

my point exactly. but i swear Darkmanzero is going to reduce this gentlemanly discussion to a powwow laden with tech and links cos he's a bit masochist when it comes to that. lol darkman i'm just kidding but ladex summed it up for me.
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 8:55pm On Jul 21, 2006
lol. neoteny, I'm gonna accept those jabs at my character as lighthearted jokes. I certainly dont sit on the fence, otherwise i wouldnt be contradicting u at every turn! ;-)

anyway, u and ladex simply reinforced my point 1 - consoles are better for games TRUE. I wont bother saying why again cos i already said it above. read and compare w what ladex said.

However as per usual, the hardcore bit is where i disagree with you. PC gamers dont *seem* hardcore because they tinker, they ARE hardcore, because that is THE VERY DEFINITION of hardcore! for ghods sakes have u seen the scripts that competition-level quake players use to customize their game? On a console u are stuck with what daddy bill or uncle Ken thinks u should have. Then they hand you a bone in the form of a new faceplate and u think you are customizing. pfft. Hardcore my ARSE.

the only areas where hardcore gamers exist on consoles in greater numbers than on PCs are

1. sports games, but then sports games are hardly considered hardcore in the grand scheme of things anyway.
2. fighting- because for various reasons the PC is a terrible destination for fighting games (reason #1 is that the majority of major combat games come from japan, where windows pc's are NOT the noirm, yes, that is true)

and indeed, nowadays there arent many hardcore fighting game players LEFT on the face of the earth cos the ARCADES, the true breding ground of the fighting elite, are dead and gone, and combat games translate poorly to online, unless u are a PC gamer using kailerra! tongue
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Neoteny(m): 9:48pm On Jul 21, 2006
well like i said, console gamers are more hardcore cos while pc dogs are *updating* their firmware and installing the latest nvidia or ATI or gecko or whatever, console gamers are RIPPING the guts of their consoles wide open to surgically solder on modchips and and mess around with hardware at the risk of busting their consoles for good or at best losing their warranties. now if tinkering is the "very definition of hardcore", then u must admit that theres a great span between those who fit *official* hardware WHERE THEY ARE SUPPOSED TO GO WITH ALL THE REQUIRED SUPPORT from the manufacturers, and those who attack their consoles with an armful of philips screwdrivers, solder and multimeters just to install garage-built or made-in-korea hardware at grave risks. remember the "coffee mod" in san andreas? pc gamers had it relatively easier to hack the secret while it was a damn bitch for the kotaku guys to come up with a mod for the seemingly unmodable dvd. now what is that if not hardcore?
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 10:21pm On Jul 21, 2006
Nothing hardcore there. Just desperation

Its like the PSP scene (which Im currently a happy part of!) that spends forever simply trying to defeat the next protection sc heme sony puts out while never actually doing anything with the stinking device.

Just because you have to void warranty before trying to modify a device that does NOT take kindly to your modifications doesnt make u a hardcore GAMER. it makes u a hardcore ELECTRONICS BUFF. Go read the blogs of the people doing these things and find out how many of them actually play goddamn games at all?!?!??!?!

Dude, trying to argue the hardcore thing will just make us waste time. Hardcore is when you take a particular hobby seriously enough to need it to be fine-tuned to your exact specifications. Which is more akin to that, a pc that can be coded for at will or a console that u need to solder half-functional fake-arse shit from kowloon onto?!?!?!??

also how many console gamers actually do this shit? show me one and ill show u a dude who hooked a RADIATOR to his pc to get its ghz above 5! blows all the ps3 and xbox360 nonsense out of the water, now, doesnt that?!
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by Neoteny(m): 10:31pm On Jul 21, 2006
touche. but i cant help laughing, especially at the "kowloon" bit. am sure all the asians here aint larfing. as u say this is a waste of time. anyway since i recall u were flogging the ps3 wayback in our previous argument i thot u should see this. it'll make your day and add to this thread's core title.

DFC Intelligence: PS3 Could Come In Third in Next-Gen Wars

Ever wonder how much the PS3 costs in relation to other things? Well, for the price of a PS3, you can buy yourself 600,000 jelly beans, or 600 beers for you and your friends in Thailand.

Yup, it's a lot of money, but perspective can also be gained by comparing it to the average income of a Spanish family, where a PS3 is likely to cost up to 35% of the monthly household income.

That's just one of the facts cited in DFC Intelligence's latest 600 page report of the interactive entertainment industry. Overall, they see the PS3 as coming in last in installed base in the next-gen console wars unless Sony changes their strategy. Gamasutra slogged through the whole thing so you don't have to, so jump to the link below to have a look at the pertinent highlights.

www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10122
Re: It's Expensive To Be A Next Generation Gamer by dakmanzero(m): 10:48pm On Jul 21, 2006
lol! my trashing of the ps3 was not cos i think it sucks (I cant yet, cos the games arent out) nor was it cos i personally hate sony (afterall I have and love a psp)

i was actually trashing the 'MORE POWER!!! MORE POWER!!!!' mindset that sony seemed to be trying to introduce. Thankfully they have wiped away whatever mindshare they had gotten (albeit dubiously) in this way by alienating everyone with a stupid price tag!

Well, let the analysts yan. Shebi they said ipod would not sell cos of its ridiculous price, well, arent they eating their words now, and the ipod is still bloody expensive.

Me, I have already said my own. the only console that interests me is wii. finish. cos it looks cheap, there will be pira available, and the control scheme is so interesting it makes me want to try it. xbox360 doesnt interest me cos in naija net conections are rubbish so xbox live and live anywhere dont affect me, and ps3 is still kinda boring since all they have is specs,specs,s[pecs and 1,000 pre-rendered demos they are trying to pass of as actual games. hah!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You Can Now Install Gta 5 On Android Using These Steps... / Ios Fifa 15 Friend Challenge / Will You Play Games In A Gaming Lounge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.