Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,430 members, 7,815,972 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:34 PM

Language Barrier In Relationships - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Language Barrier In Relationships (1630 Views)

Reasons Why Ladies Like Sex But Pretend They Hate It In Relationships / Reasons Why Many Guys Insist On Getting Into Ladies' Pants In Relationships / How To Have A Phone Conversation With Your Girlfriend With A Language Barrier? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Language Barrier In Relationships by nalijah07(f): 3:48pm On Oct 02, 2008
I've been asking my boyfriend to teach me his language, but each time he only goes over the same few words. It appears that he does not have the patience to teach me the language. But now I am getting paranoid and thinking that he just does not want me to learn it.

A male friend of mine told me that he probably does not want me to learn it, so that he can maintain relationships with other women without me knowing. When I mentioned this to my boyfriend he got so upset that he told me I should ask my male friend to teach me, and now he refuses to teach me at all. sad

What should I do? Has anyone had any difficulty learning the language.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by arramyjay: 3:53pm On Oct 02, 2008
Sweetie if he doesnt want to teach you,learn frm some1 else,It will be useful.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 4:37pm On Oct 02, 2008
hey dear, I personally dnt think it was right to have confromted him with the fact that he doesnt want to teach u because he wants to use it to maintain other relationships.
Some pple dnt just have patience with some things k?i have patience with every other thing but dn't really have the patience to teach pple how to drive.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by nalijah07(f): 4:51pm On Oct 02, 2008
@Senator - You are right.

Also, when I said it I said it with anger, which is why he says it's not up for discussion right now.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by SENATORJD(m): 5:42pm On Oct 02, 2008
well i guess you ought to know what to do at this point right?
it would be sad to lose a good relationship for an issue as mild as that.
if he won't teach you sure you'd find people with patience enough to k?
Cheers
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by ifyalways(f): 7:09pm On Oct 02, 2008
Nalijah07 go and get yourself the 9ja movie "love without language" ! ! !
Get it fast and watch it with your hubby tongue
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by jennykadri: 7:11pm On Oct 02, 2008
ifyalways:

Nalijah07 go and get yourself the Nigeria movie "love without language" ! ! !
Get it fast and watch it with your hubby tongue

chaii ify,uve made me remember dat film,love wtout language,chaiiiiii
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by ifyalways(f): 7:13pm On Oct 02, 2008
lol
fork me down cheesy
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by nalijah07(f): 8:08pm On Oct 02, 2008
okay, I will get it this weekend and report back next week.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by sistawoman: 8:22pm On Oct 02, 2008
My hubby is gladly teaching me the language. In addtion there are other people here that are teaching me.

He gets exicted everytime i learn a new word or phrase. He loves it when the children speak his language as well.

I guess different men. He thinks it is cool that people here are teaching me to speak the language.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by nalijah07(f): 8:30pm On Oct 02, 2008
Sista - My honey also gets very excited when I remember the words, but as I told him I want to speak in whole sentences, paragraphs, etc. I want to learn how to speak it fluently.

He says it would be difficult to get me to that point.
Re: Language Barrier In Relationships by sistawoman: 8:44pm On Oct 02, 2008
nalijah07:

Sista - My honey also gets very excited when I remember the words, but as I told him I want to speak in whole sentences, paragraphs, etc. I want to learn how to speak it fluently.

He says it would be difficult to get me to that point.

It is something that has be taken step by step, word by word. Do not get to over exicted. You will learn it der, der or is it dir,dir.

The only way to learn it hard core is, like he once told me. If I take you to Nigeria give you to my sister and tell her to only speak Yoruba to you, no English, you will learn in 3 weeks. other than that der,der not pupu.

Dont chop me up on my spelling remember i just learning

(1) (Reply)

Mums Hot Pot ! / Do U Guyz Think Im In Love Or Obssesed? / Online Gay Wedding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.