Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,089 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:27 AM

Living A Double Life Abroad - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Living A Double Life Abroad (3097 Views)

Bankers are very Fake and Stingy!!! living a borrowed lifestyle,ladies beware! / Does The Word 'platonic' Have A Double Meaning? / How Possible is it To Cope With A Double Dating Lady (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 8:15pm On Oct 05, 2008
@ na2day

You are very defensive. Are you in a similar situation?
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by sistawoman: 8:55pm On Oct 05, 2008
I will never understand the need to attack someone and not address the post topic. but anyway

plus_Queen:

Why do you ask?
I already gave you answers
According to you, your Yoruba husband was an immigration arrangee that you claimed to "fall in love with" and married for real.
Your own story
His real motive initially was just papers.
Are you sure he ever changed from that?
Hmm!
For all you know he could have 2 wives and 8 kids somewhere in Akure.
My dear sista your own started on the wrong footing
Have you met his parents or siblings?
I'll hate for you to be part of what the poster is talking about.
Some men can be wicked like that.

Since you know so much about me then you know the answer to your questions. I have already addressed this on the board.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by chika98: 8:57pm On Oct 05, 2008
The wives know about it but they chose to keep quiet.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by na2day2(m): 12:24am On Oct 06, 2008
nope, i was wondering if u were lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

nalijah07:

@ na2day

You are very defensive. Are you in a similar situation?

on a more seriously note, i am not, dont have no woman troubles in my life but i am sick and tired of girls always trying to bash guys without looking at the whole picture thats all.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by OBVIOUS(m): 3:05am On Oct 06, 2008
Even men living in Nigeria live double lives with their wife right beside them.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by sistawoman: 3:27am On Oct 06, 2008
@na2day?

I dont think her question was to "bash" Nigerian men but to understand the thinking/thought process of the women.

I know i have often wondered what the wife back home thinks, how she feels, what she confines to her closest friends, how she rationalizes this in her head, how much money or material things it takes to give her comfort at night when her husband is in bed with another woman.

What does the husband tell his wife, how does he feel about his Nigerian wife, are there inner struggles that goes on with these men?

I dont think, or at least hope not, the purpose is to "bash" anyone but to understand, explore and grow in understanding of what both parties go through.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by na2day2(m): 4:36am On Oct 06, 2008
ha! u don't nigerian girls very well i see. let me give u a few tips, go read all the threads on nigerian men or guys in general on this forum and u will find nothing but bashings every where but when a guy raises a point against nigerian girls, the first responses have always been to insult the guy's mom, sisters etc. look, my point is, it takes one to know one, if guys are that offensive, i strongly recommend they become lesbians or buy themselves some toys and shut up. look at the story used to illustrate the point of this thread, i am yet to see someone say, hey the nigerian lady preferred the money so she decided to play along, and the guy did let her know what the deal is, survival is the game baby. i am just sick and tired of all these bull talks, u mean to tell me that all the guys they have met, they never came across one christian guy that is just wonderful to be with? that will be the lie of the century, they have lots of them but what they think of those guys is simple, "he is such a nice guy but we are just friends though". there was this thread about how nigerian girls behave in london, u can't believe how many girls came online to defend those girls, bring issues like, "na paper cause am", or "u just met a few bad ones, i am different" etc, so why aren't those excuses valid for guys?

sistawoman:

@na2day?

I don't think her question was to "bash" Nigerian men but to understand the thinking/thought process of the women.

I know i have often wondered what the wife back home thinks, how she feels, what she confines to her closest friends, how she rationalizes this in her head, how much money or material things it takes to give her comfort at night when her husband is in bed with another woman.

What does the husband tell his wife, how does he feel about his Nigerian wife, are there inner struggles that goes on with these men?

I don't think, or at least hope not, the purpose is to "bash" anyone but to understand, explore and grow in understanding of what both parties go through.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by sistawoman: 1:58pm On Oct 06, 2008
na2day?:

ha! u don't nigerian girls very well i see. let me give u a few tips, go read all the threads on nigerian men or guys in general on this forum and u will find nothing but bashings every where but when a guy raises a point against nigerian girls, the first responses have always been to insult the guy's mom, sisters etc. look, my point is, it takes one to know one, if guys are that offensive, i strongly recommend they become lesbians or buy themselves some toys and shut up. look at the story used to illustrate the point of this thread, i am yet to see someone say, hey the nigerian lady preferred the money so she decided to play along, and the guy did let her know what the deal is, survival is the game baby. i am just sick and tired of all these bull talks, u mean to tell me that all the guys they have met, they never came across one christian guy that is just wonderful to be with? that will be the lie of the century, they have lots of them but what they think of those guys is simple, "he is such a nice guy but we are just friends though". there was this thread about how nigerian girls behave in london, u can't believe how many girls came online to defend those girls, bring issues like, "na paper cause am", or "u just met a few bad ones, i am different" etc, so why aren't those excuses valid for guys?

Go back and read my posts. Have i not defended Nigerian men on these boards, have i not stood up and been one of the leading voices to say not all Nigerian men are bad. I am in love with a great, true real Nigerian man. he loves me and only me and despite/inspite of all of his faults and mine as well we make it thru.

If the posters intent was to slander Nigerian men then I am sorry but that is not my intent in keeping the post alive. My intent is education only.

The woman sold her marriage, dignity for a better life in Nigeria. I dont think i could ever do this but I dont know what is like to not be able to provide for my family on my own. I have never been in this woman's shoes and dont know what else the husband has promised her. And I have no idea if the woman is not sleeping around herself.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 3:44pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ sistawoman - Thank you for vaidating my point that I just want to be able to understand. We do come here to learn. Especially us women that are in relationships with Nigerian men.

@na2day - I have met some really nice "christian" men as well, but from my experience I've met more that are in the situation I described in the begining of the post.

What is wrong with trying to learn? You can't be too sensitive when trying to educate someone who has less knowledge than you.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by na2day2(m): 5:33pm On Oct 06, 2008
@ sistawoman

i wasn't referring to u.

@ nalijah07

i was referring to u. despite the fact that u were given an illustration where there are 2 wrongs but u chose to only focus on the guy's fault, that is not learning, that is pointing fingers.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 7:36pm On Oct 06, 2008
I wasn't pointing fingers, I was just making an observation.

Although I've learned, am I not entitled to an opinion? In my opinion the man comes out the winner. There is nothing malicious in that is there?
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by na2day2(m): 12:22am On Oct 07, 2008
sad sad sad**sigh** sad sad sad

nalijah07:

I wasn't pointing fingers, I was just making an observation.

Although I've learned, am I not entitled to an opinion? In my opinion the man comes out the winner. There is nothing malicious in that is there?
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 3:20pm On Oct 07, 2008
sad sad sad **Double sigh** sad sad sad

Have a good day na2day wink
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by na2day2(m): 4:34pm On Oct 07, 2008
wishing u same

nalijah07:

sad sad sad **Double sigh** sad sad sad

Have a good day na2day wink
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by ayomifull(f): 6:29pm On Oct 07, 2008
nalijah stop bothering yourself! polygamy is not a taboo in Nigeria ok? A man can have a wife inĀ  Ogun state, another in Osun, another in Abuja and the women might be fine with. Abubakar an ex vice president in Nigeria promised his wife he would not marry any other woman except her and ended up breaking the promise. Now, he did not travel to America to go and marry another wife he did right under his wife's nose, she did not divorce him.

Now, some men would quickly pack their bags and return home instead of having to marry another wife for whatever reason, so it depends. So kool down baby girl and bother yourself no more.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by onyxgirl(f): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2008
shit happens sad
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by nalijah07(f): 4:11pm On Oct 08, 2008
@ ayomifull -

I'm aware that this is the norm. I am just wondering how the wives TRULY FEEL about it. Acceptance is one thing. But how do you feel when you are in bed alone at night knowing that your significant other is in bed with another and that you just have to accept it? It has to break your spirit.
Re: Living A Double Life Abroad by rubi(f): 11:16pm On Oct 08, 2008
This is like nollywood movie games women play and games men play

(1) (2) (Reply)

In Need Of Help With Dating A Haitian- American Man / thanks / Wait! Is It A Trick Or Latest Trend In Town?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.