Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,652 members, 7,816,677 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:57 PM

Why Nairaland Was Shut Down - Nairaland / General (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Nairaland Was Shut Down (4697 Views)

I Believe I Know How Nairaland Was Attacked...and How Lindaikeji's Blog Will Be! / Top Ten Reasons Why Nairaland Must Be Shut Down! / Nairaland Was Offline Friday, Saturday, Sunday. Now We're Back! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Osyxcel(m): 3:04pm On Jun 27, 2014
Superstar007:

What signs are you talking about?

People complained about some things they noticed.

I guess it was a virus attack.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Superstar007(m): 3:07pm On Jun 27, 2014
Osyxcel:

Okay
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by AbuMikey(m): 3:11pm On Jun 27, 2014

Conspiracy theorists, Una well done ooo

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 3:14pm On Jun 27, 2014
miz tola: yeah right!! undecided

come on yu know there's truth in that statement. No smoke without fire ooo lol
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 3:17pm On Jun 27, 2014
Osyxcel:

it may be it maybe Orchestrated by certain forces. I'm just saying people should be extra careful of posting sensitive info That's All
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 3:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
Abu Mikey:

Conspiracy theorists, Una well done ooo

times are changing people are changing
the way blood is been shed or shared like d First Lady said is no more a thing to be overlooked GOD HELP NIGERIA Rescue her from all destructive elements
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by remsonik(f): 3:26pm On Jun 27, 2014
Kemi omololu olunloyo claimed responsibility for the attack on nairaland on her fb page.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by justmenoni: 4:23pm On Jun 27, 2014
I missed my nairaland so much,Only God knows how many times i have refreshed the homepage...This morning my ban was lifted grin grin grin grin but the stupid Justwise of a guy immediately banned me again cos i posted a topic appreciating that the ban was lifted Wait oo are we sure its not this foolish mods that are causing people to ban our dear Nairaland.

Oga seun please and please review and reshuffle your Mods,some of them are just so stupid and take issues personally,this is an open forum..

I heared Some Mods especially Justwise was rushed to the hospital for High Blood Pressure cos their is no one he can E-Bully on,u see life but now that Nairaland is back the first thing the eeddiot can do is ban people again,does that make any sense? instead of them to first apologize to we the members for their break in transmission,Imagine...anyway Naija i hail...Justwise you are a FOOL and you will Remain One,oya the Mod for here,ban me
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 4:40pm On Jun 27, 2014
godddddddddddddddddddddddd
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 5:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
SELENAqueensy: all my topics gone cry cry

All my fights gone cry

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Uwadiegwu1: 5:19pm On Jun 27, 2014
Baby mama:

All my fights gone cry

YOU GUYS ARE HERE WHINNING...DO YOU ALL THINK THAT SEUN CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY HERE(GOSSIPS). YOU GUYS JUST BRING TRAFFIC TO THE SITE AND KEEP GOSSIPING WHILE HE MAKES HIS MONEY FROM ADS - SO KEEP FIGHTING YOURSELVES HERE.
BUT HE NEEDS TO SECURE THIS SITE IF HE WANTS TO REMAIN ALIVE...HACKERS ARE ALWAYS ALERT - AT LEAST GET SSL - MAKE THE SITE https INSTEAD OF http? HOST WITH A RELIABLE COMPANY INSTEAD OF CLOUDFLARE THAT DO NOT HAVE DDOS AND MUCH MUCH. THIS IS WWW - JUST LIKE A MARKET SQUARE - HE WHO SELLS MOST/KNOWN BECOMES THE OGA --YOU HAVE EVIL MEN/LADIES ONLINE. AT LEAST SEUN LEARNED HIS LESSONS IN A HARD WAY. GOOD LUCK FELLOW NAIJA BOYsmiley
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by majalisa(m): 5:20pm On Jun 27, 2014
checkdate: Who is Responsible ?
ogakpatakpata!!!!

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 5:42pm On Jun 27, 2014
Uwadiegwu1:

YOU GUYS ARE HERE WHINNING...DO YOU ALL THINK THAT SEUN CARES ABOUT WHAT YOU SAY HERE(GOSSIPS). YOU GUYS JUST BRING TRAFFIC TO THE SITE AND KEEP GOSSIPING WHILE HE MAKES HIS MONEY FROM ADS - SO KEEP FIGHTING YOURSELVES HERE.
BUT HE NEEDS TO SECURE THIS SITE IF HE WANTS TO REMAIN ALIVE...HACKERS ARE ALWAYS ALERT - AT LEAST GET SSL - MAKE THE SITE https INSTEAD OF http? HOST WITH A RELIABLE COMPANY INSTEAD OF CLOUDFLARE THAT DO NOT HAVE DDOS AND MUCH MUCH. THIS IS WWW - JUST LIKE A MARKET SQUARE - HE WHO SELLS MOST/KNOWN BECOMES THE OGA --YOU HAVE EVIL MEN/LADIES ONLINE. AT LEAST SEUN LEARNED HIS LESSONS IN A HARD WAY. GOOD LUCK FELLOW NAIJA BOYsmiley

People are just having fun with these comments,lighten up!
You are the one whining
Nobody here shed a tear or lost sleep over NL being out besides perhaps Seun and his employees

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 6:05pm On Jun 27, 2014
Baby mama:

All my fights gone cry
hahahaha time to make peace.

2 Likes

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 6:21pm On Jun 27, 2014
Uwadiegwu1:

at least seun gats tell us what actually happened na..
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by yomalex(m): 6:33pm On Jun 27, 2014
Uwadiegwu1:

Cloudflare is not a webhosting company
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by tobiboss(m): 7:16pm On Jun 27, 2014
Where's barcanista??
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by nysot(f): 7:43pm On Jun 27, 2014
Dominiquez: For me i think Ogakpatakpa must be involved in this.
My thought exactly
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by kpaft: 7:54pm On Jun 27, 2014
rafhell: i suspect this attack was carried out from U.A.E or some islamic country.
omo, sincerely you're daft
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by kpaft: 7:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
yomalex: Cloudflare is not a webhosting company
Lol ,help me tell him, I think he's shit
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jun 27, 2014
Osyxcel:

I think your right. I did complain, before the "crash" when I login I was logged in as someone else.

Now I don register again...
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by moski5(m): 8:10pm On Jun 27, 2014
remsonik: Kemi omololu olunloyo claimed responsibility for the attack on nairaland on her fb page.

when I saw yor comment I went to Google to check her out. She claimed to have done it and that she had done same to over 20 other sites that 'write thrash about her. She also call herself god online
I'm yet to make her out
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 8:51pm On Jun 27, 2014
wunmite90: MR ATTACK MARCHINE.... y ur body dey hot na. let the person wey nail shook for leg talk y dem shook am first nah... you just fly fence enter another man house begin shout theif... na u get the house?

COOL BODY MAKE SEUN TELL US WETIN HAPPEN.. I GUESS THEY ARE STILL WORKING ON IT. COS SOMETHINGS ARE STILL NOT WORKING YET

GBAM
d gods av spoken
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jun 27, 2014
to me na that ogakpatakpata might have hand in it because delating evident and wiping trackable information is handy work of scammers. no information and evidence activities if his scamming is on net now. remember he was boasting that labelling him and tagging him scammer online is nothing to him.
Besides he registered his moniker Jan this year.
Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by oskaaay(m): 11:03pm On Jun 27, 2014
moski5: I had to find nairaland in Facebook to see if I could follow certain topics I keep tabs on that's when it struck me.

The attack might be perpetrated by Agents of the government who detest freedom of speech n uncontrollable sources of information.

If this is true you will observe 3things
1. Certain accounts will be blocked

2. Certain stories will be deleted

3. Certain stories will be removed and those accounts banned

This measures are not necessary. I have observed Nigerians on Nairaland and they care not for the truth. The most commented topics are entertainment, advice, Business etc not matters of State to push the country forward. And when they do talk about the country its about picking sides and parties for sentimental reasons.
I still believe in this country and I look forward to when Nigerians will put aside tribalism, personal interest and greed and work together, spread truth and build a Nation the world is both afraid of and yet desperately needs

NB. If you post sensitive information online I advice you do so with a mailing address that can't be easily traced to you that's if my theory is true
Welcome my fellow Nairalanders

Chai........

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by savvysabina: 11:55pm On Jun 27, 2014
For whatever reason, nairaland was offline....I missed this forum and it is not good to disclose personal details on the internet...lots of people are looking..social media is not a shrink! It is just social media..visit www.madamsabi. for inspiring articles on how to win against all odds..

1 Like

Re: Why Nairaland Was Shut Down by curtain: 9:30am On Jun 28, 2014
Baby mama:

People are just having fun with these comments,lighten up!
You are the one whining
Nobody here shed a tear or lost sleep over NL being out besides perhaps Seun and his employees
Are you still the Babymama i know or was this account clowned?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Fish Raining In Thailand ****instead Of Rain***** ( Pics ) / Ebola Bathing With Warm Salt Water- Hoax Pls / Can You Find The Cat In This Pix?i

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.